You're killing me slowly

Stranger

Jessica came into Stephanie’s room. She looked at the figure asleep on the bed. She stepped closer and kept on looking. Without noticing, a lone tear made its way onto her cheek. She got rid of it as soon as she felt it. She then decided to sit down. She looked at her phone and called her mom.

“Yes mom….she’s out……at least she looks alive now…..it’s still early for results….thanks mom….don’t worry….bye” when she shut her phone off, she came to notice that Tiffany was whimpering once again in her sleep. Unbeknown to her, Stephanie was remembering the voice that talked to her the first thing she got into the hospital. It was the threatening voice that kept on telling her that Jessica must die. Her whines and almost cries were heard by Jessica at this moment, which made the blonde jump onto her feet and get next to her wife.

“Tiffany, what’s wrong?.....You were dreaming of the accident?.......It’s ok. It’s nothing serious….” As Jessica said those words, Tiffany moved her arm so her hand met Jessica’s. Jessica looked at it intently before she removed it.

“Get some sleep.”

----

“YoonA, I’m here”

“Yul!” YoonA jumped on Yuri and hugged her tight.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Are you crying?”

“Just get me out of here, please” Yuri helped YoonA into her car. The teenager told her crush about what happened to her at the club. Yuri sighed.

“Don’t worry. This is normal. Those people think they can get our team to back away from the elections. Don’t think too much about it. Now just tell me; what were you doing this late at night at a place like this?”

“So you were scared for me?”

“I mean, you should’ve been at home. You wouldn’t have seen this person, nor been terrified the way you were”

“God, my heart is still going crazy”

“I’ll get you home now” Yuri drove away.

As soon as they arrived, both girls made their way inside of the house. Yuri met with the elderly couple and explained the situation.

“Oh my God!! They want to kill Sooyeon?!!?” Julia freaked.

“These are only empty threats. Don’t think too much of them. See what your daughter’s outing have brought upon her?” Tony asked looking at Taeyeon, who just woke up.

“Tony!! What are you saying?! This is no time to try and make YoonA act mature! They want to get rid of Sooyeon!!” Julia tried.

“I told YoonA that what she did was wrong. I think now she believes me” Yuri said.

“Why did she call you and not me?” Taeyeon asked.

“I think she was afraid of your reaction. Teens would rather have a friend next to them in these situations rather than a parent” Yuri explained.

“What could you have done anyways?” Tony asked.

“Stop changing the subject people! I told you I didn’t want her to go for presidency!” Julia burst.

“Julia, honey, you have to be strong. What’s wrong with you? If Sooyeon isn’t against it, why should you be?” Tony argued.

“I’m just concerned about my daughter’s life!”

“I’ll go to the hospital. I’ll visit Tiffany and talk to Jessica about it” Yuri finished.

“You think it’s real Yuri?” Julia asked.

“Real or fake, we still need to know who was behind it”

“We already know who it was; the whole list of candidates. As much as we have people believing in Jessica, we still have some others who think she’s a brat that doesn’t deserve the success she’s achieved in her 28 years of life”

Yuri drove to the hospital and got into Tiffany’s room. She greeted Jessica and explained the situation.

“She looks much better than the last time I saw her” Yuri said as she looked at Tiffany.

“I guess… but she’s still extremely vulnerable, especially after the operation” Jessica noted.

“Something happened with YoonA yesterday”

“Alright, I’m coming. We’ll talking outside…” at that moment they heard a knock. Doctor Lang made his way into the room.

“Hello!”

“Hey doctor. Doctor Lang, Yuri. Yuri, Doctor Lang” Jessica introduced.

“Nice to meet you. Can you guys talk about presidency outside as I check up on this princess over here?” the Doctor asked with a smile.

“Of course”

“So? I see we’re making a lot of progress! Are you in pain?”

Tiffany shakes her head

“Perfect. Don’t try to speak yet. It’ll come eventually.”

----

“So he absolutely terrified her?” Jessica asked.

“Kind of. I just needed to tell you we needed to have a meeting soon. We can’t leave the threats just like that”

“Yul, you really think they’ll try to hurt me?”

“We have to be careful, even if they were empty threats. Besides, why don’t you come with me right now to talk about it? If I didn’t know any better, I would’ve thought you fell in love with your wife once more”

“Yul!”

“Alright, I’m sorry.”

Meanwhile, back at the villa, Julia was checking some important documents of hers in her room. She then heard her husband calling for her.

“Julia?...Julia?” Tony called. He didn’t find his wife downstairs so he decided to check in their room. Good enough, she was there.

“What are you doing honey?”

“I.I’m just cleaning my closet”

“What’s with that envelope?” he asked again as he noticed the object in her hands.

“Eum, my medical checkup from last year”

“Why? Is something wrong? Do you feel anything unusual?” Tony asked concerned.

“No, I just found it.”

“I need to talk to you about something”

“I’ll follow you” Julia then made sure that Tony was out of sight, before she slipped the envelope under her bed mattress. She made her way outside and found her husband in the living room. She came down to meet him. She sat down next to him.

“Julia, when Tiffany comes back, I want you to make sure that Sunny and her make peace”

“It’s been years this way. Since Tiffany came into this family. Why now?”

“The woman just came back from the dead. She’s weak and vulnerable”

“Tiffany?? Weak? Are you serious? If anything I’d think that since she came back from the dead, she’ll be heartless and worse than ever. Anyways, this is her house. As much as it’s Sunny’s. But this is not the real problem. Why can’t you see that this so called family that you love dearly is on the verge of breaking? Why ask me to come between the sisters in law when you yourself have been getting the siblings into fights. Don’t try to tell me to fix the wives, when your kids are at fault as well” and with that Julia went back to her room. Tony was left dumbfounded; what was wrong with his wife to get this fired up?

Jessica on the other hand, has been making calls to all candidates of the list, trying to make peace.

“I knew better than anyone that Mr. Nickhun is better than that…of course, we all know those are empty threats, but I’m just making sure that everybody on the list is careful….Alright, see you….of course, bye” Jessica ended the call as she looked at Stephanie.

“Poor YoonA. They terrorized her. Anyways, I can’t be wasting my time on this stuff.” She then noticed Tiffany’s arm trying to reach for her hand. Jessica sat down and let her have her hand. Tiffany held it with both hands and brought it over her chest.

“Nofi wie hap..”

“Y.You talked?”

“N.nnotig w.wl happn”

“Did y.you just tell me ‘nothing will happen?’” Jessica asked shocked. Tiffany nodded her head. They heard a knock on the door. Sunny and Julia made their way inside.

“Sunny?” Jessica was surprised for the second time today.

“Sunny wanted to come and check on Tiffany” Julia said.

“Oh, eum sure” Jessica got up and made way for her sister in law.

“Go on!” Julia said. They noticed Sunny fidgeting slowly. She then made hesitant steps next to Tiffany.

“She must be surprised” Julia noted.

“I myself am surprised. I heard a voice” the blonde said.

“She talked?!” Julia asked surprised.

“Just a little”

“Good to see you…Tiffany” Sunny said as she put the bouquet of flowers next to the redhead. A slight nod of the head made Sunny’s greeting acknowledged.

“You must be wondering where I left Juhyun. She’s with Hana, and she says hello and kisses you.” Julia said. Tiffany then tried to talk.

“What did you say? I swear I think I heard talking” she asked Jessica.

“She must be wondering when she can see Juhyun…very soon. When your face is doing better, I promise I’ll bring her” the blonde replied.

“Mom, I’m tired. I want to leave” Sunny said as Jessica nodded. The sober for some hours now drunkard made her to the door.

“Thanks for the visit” Jessica said.

“Whatever”

“Don’t get mad at her honey” Julia said as she saw Sunny going out.

“I’m not. I’m in no situation to let things like this bother me right now” her mother then followed her eldest daughter in law. Jessica came back in the room.

“Ms. Tiffany, your lunch” a nurse said as she came in with a tray.

“I.I’ll feed her” Jessica said a little nervous.

“Of course” the nurse gave the tray and went out. Jessica sat on the bed and fixed Tiffany’s position with the controller. She then hesitantly took a spoonful and fed Stephanie slowly.

“Is it good?” Jessica asked.

Nod

“Weird…you never ate Jell-O before. You never even tasted it. You used to find it disgusting. And Juhyun…you never let her have some, although she loves it to death” she gave her another spoonful. When she was about to feed her again, Tiffany pushed the tray slightly away.

“You’re full?...Anyways, it’s either Jell-O, juice, or ice cream. You can’t eat anything else” Jessica put the tray on the table. She looked at Tiffany, who motioned for her to sit back next to her on the bed. The blonde complied.

“What is it?” she asked as she came closer to her face trying to hear.

“Seo…hyun”

“Believe me when I say that she’s doing perfectly well without you.” Jessica got up and walked a little.

“You remember when she once saw you kissing a guy in front of the mall’s rest rooms?” Stephanie was shocked.

“Seriously? In front of the girl… I kept on trying to find reasons and trying to explain it to her…Such a shame. So low. You don’t deserve to be a mother.”

“…N.no”

“No what? No that you lied to me and told me you loved me? That you told me you’d do anything for me, you’d die for me? What exactly did you want from me? You wanted the title? You wanted the money? The status? You were just killing me slowly all along. And when I tell you that someone is threatening to kill me, you say that nothing will happen to me?! I swear to God that if they murder me once and for all, it would still be easier than what you’ve been doing all these years to me!” the blonde was about to step out when she heard something.

“Jessi…ca”

“…stop it already. Your tears and your act won’t do you any good anymore” and with that, she came out. As she loosened the tie around her neck, she noticed Bom.

“Anything wrong Ms. Jung?”

“n.no, everything is fine”

“Can I check on your wife?”

“If you want” the blonde then ran away feeling suffocated.

Bom entered with difficulty inside the room. She looked at the woman who was in a far worse situation than hers.

“Hello Ms. Tiffany. You recognise me??” Bom asked.

“I’m Park Bom, the flight attendant” Stephanie reached for her hand.

“You despised me in the plane. Now you like me?”

“Why are you crying? It’s fine. We’ll be fine. We’re one of the lucky people that were able to survive. Everything will be fine. You remember the sweet girl next to you? She died… So it’s fine, since we got out with some burns and some brakes. Most people who were in the first class died. You should be thankful that your wife got those seats. Ms. Jessica told me that you protected the girl, since you were sitting in the center row... But isn’t it weird? I remember very well that you weren’t sitting there. Stephanie Hwang was sitting there.” Tiffany tried talking but she wasn’t able.

“Ms. Tiffany, if you want to say something, go ahead”

“Ms. Bom, why aren’t you in your room?” a nurse asked.

“I told you I’m not used to sitting still”

“But visitors are prohibited for Ms. Tiffany”

“I asked her wife on the door and she let me see her”

“Ms. Tiffany, is it ok with you?” Tiffany nodded her head.

“I told you. We’re talking and trying to get out of our boredom” the nurse then went out.

“So you want me to stay?” Bom asked again. The woman only nodded her head again.

“Weird. If I’m thinking right, it’s weird that you want me to stay” Tiffany motioned her to get close.

“I…n.need t talk t y…”

“Can you?” Tiffany motioned that they will when she gets her voice back. The attendant nodded understanding.