8

You're my love drug~

 

Sunggyu’s POV

MUST I REALLY COME TO SCHOOL TOGETHER WITH HER?! IT’S ALL MY MUM’S FAULT! I thought to myself as I silently cursed my mother under my breath. Hyejin quietly followed behind me as we alighted from the car and walked into the school gates together.

 I could sense the many pairs of eyes that were glued onto us. True to my personality, I walked straight into the school without even stopping to eavesdrop on some of their conversations. I noticed Hyejin covering her face with her books as we walked through the lobby. Can’t she lift up her head and walk openly?! Gosh, this girl. It’s not like she did anything wrong! I quickened my footsteps and headed for class.

 

Narrator’s POV

Hyejin was feeling awkward as she made her way to her classroom, trying to hide her face behind her books. She hastened her speed and walked quickly to class. Everyone gave them the OMG-ARE-THEY-DATING look on their faces. Luckily, the bell rang, signaling the start of lessons. Everyone went back to their seats as Mrs Park walked into class.

“Good morning class.” “Gooooood morningggggg Ms Parkkkkkkk,” the class groaned. “Today we will be studying inequalities. Flip your math textbook to page 35.” Hyejin immediately took out her math textbook while Sunggyu just sat there. 

“Yahhhh, aren’t you taking out your textbook?”

 “Whatever for? Lesson’s such a bore.”

“But you’re gonna fail your tests and exams if you don’t listen in class, furthermore, it’s not like you’re a genius.” Hyejin rolled her eyes.

“Yahhhh, it’s none of your business if I fail my tests or exams. Why are you butting into my affairs?” Our voices grew louder at every sentence.

“Mr Kim and Ms Lee.  First warning for the both of you. If I have to give you two another warning, you both are going for detention.”

 

Hyejin’s POV

OMG, what’s wrong with this guy? Doesn’t he care if he fails his exams?! I sighed and look away. I continued to take down notes, trying to understand what the lesson was about. I glanced over at Sunggyu and saw him texting.

“Yahhh, you can’t text in class.” I hissed at him.

“WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?! IT’S MY BUSINESS IF I TEXT IN CLASS. STOP INTERFERING IN MY LIFE.”

“It’s for your-“ Before I could even finish my sentence, Mrs Park shouted at the both of us. “Mr Kim and Ms Lee, detention after school!” I shot him a death glare and muttered some curse words under my breath.

I was fuming with anger as I had always been an obedient student with no teacher complaints. But because of him, there will be a black mark in my report card now. I gritted my teeth as I tried to calm down.

 

DURING DETENTION:

Hyejin’s POV

“Look what you did! It’s your entire fault. Now the good  image that I had is destroyed by you. Ever since I met you, my life has been a mess! If only I had never known you…” I blamed him.

“Hey why are you pushing all the blame on me huh? If you weren’t a busybody and poked your nose to see what I was doing, Mrs Kim wouldn’t even find out that I was texting and we wouldn’t have to go for detention. What do you have to say about this, Ms Busybody?” he fired back at me.

I was speechless. He had a point. If only I just ignored him…

Just then, Mrs Kim came in to check on us. “Kim Sunggyu. Lee Hyejin. You are not to leave till you have reflected on your mistakes. Write a letter of apology each and hand it to me before you are allowed to leave the detention, understand?”

Suddenly, Mrs Kim’s phone rang and she left in a hurry to pick up the call. Sunggyu rolled his eyes. “Come on, a handwritten letter of apology in the 21st century?! You’ve got to be kidding me,” he muttered to himself.

Being the good student that I always was, I started penning my letter of apology right away. “Can we just secretly leave the room and not write some stupid apology letter? Urgh,” Sunggyu sounded frustrated. He went to the door and turned the knob. It didn’t budge. Sunggyu started panicking, his heart started beating so much faster. He tried turning the knob many times but the door just couldn’t open!

“Damn it! Yahhh~ We’re locked. There’s no way we can get out of here today. I bet the cleaner didn’t know we were here and locked the door without checking…” Sunggyu shouted across the room.

 “Whaaat?! This can’t be! I don’t want to spend the night here in this creepy place~” I whined. The worst thing was that our phones and bags were not in the room so we can’t even call anyone to ask for help. I rushed to the door and started banging on it, hoping someone would be able to hear us. “Anyone out there? Help ussss!” I screamed at the top of my voice.

“Stop shouting. No one will hear us, for goodness sake. Everyone’s gone home already,” Sunggyu said, sitting on the floor twirling his pen with his fingers. I sighed and gave up hope and continued to write my letter.

10 minutes had past before I began feeling sleepy. I rubbed my eyes and resumed writing the letter. Meanwhile Sunggyu was peeking over to see what I had written.

“Dear Mrs Kim,

I’ve realized my mistake. I apologise for making so much noise in class and disrupting your lessons. I promise I won’t do that again.”

 

Sunggyu’s POV

Wow. She really wrote it… Unbelievable. I can never write anything like this. Just then, I noticed Hyejin’s head was drooping lower and lower towards the desk. I widened my eyes and quickly used my hands to prevent her head from hitting the desk. I slowly brought my hands nearer to the desk and cautiously put her head against it. Her lips seemed to be chattering. Should I give her my jacket? What if she gets a cold tomorrow? I dismissed the thoughts and took off my jacket and placed it on her back. I then slouched in one corner of the room and closed my eyes.

 

A/N: Hello to our fellow readers! First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope you'll spend this year well and receive lots of fortune~ :D Since it's Chinese New Year for us, we finally found the time to update! Yay (: It's a pretty long update this time round. So I hope all of you continue to support us. We'll come up with even better chapters the next time! ^^

kissme_jaejin signing off~