18

You're my love drug~

 

Sunggyu’s POV

A week had passed but she still had not woken up. I faithfully sat by her bedside in the hospital everyday, hoping that a miracle might happen.

“Hyejin ahhh… You slept for so long already, it’s time for you to wake up already…” I sobbed through my words and remembered the doctor’s words.

“She might or might not wake up. The blow on her head was very severe. If she wakes up, it’s a miracle.”

I should have been the one lying here on the bed. Why did Hyejin even take the blow for me? I held her hand in my palm as tears continue to flow down my face. You pabo, you shouldn’t have taken the blow for me. I gently wiped her forehead with a damp cloth and caressed her cheek.

Hyejin’s POV

I looked around me and all was white. Suddenly, I saw a silhouette of a person coming closer to me. Upon squinting my eyes, I realized that it was my grandmother.

“Grandma? What are you doing here? Where am I?”

“You’re in heaven my dear. I’m glad to be able to see you again. You were hospitalized after being kidnapped by someone and getting hit by a wooden plank.”

“Hea…ven…? Am I dead?!”

“No dear. It’s not time for you to be up here yet. Time for you to be back down on earth! Now go! Someone has been fervently waiting for you.”

My vision of grandma just disappeared like that, leaving me stunned.

Narrator’s POV

Sunggyu continue to stare longingly at Hyejin before and began to doze off while holding her hand. Suddenly, Sunggyu jumped out of his sleep. He stared at her fingers to ensure that he wasn’t seeing things. Hyejin’s fingers twitched slightly as a wide smile plastered over Sunggyu’s face.

“Hyejin! Are you awake already?! Hyejin, answer me!” Sunggyu exclaimed excitedly.  “Doctor! Where’s the doctor? Doctor! Hyejin’s awake already! Her finger moved!” He hurriedly ran out of the ward in search of a doctor.

-Minutes later-

Sunggyu’s POV

“I’m sorry, Mr Kim. Miss Hyejin is still in a coma and has not woken up yet. You must have been too eager for her to wake up… Let’s just wait for a few more days,” the doctor explained.

I was crestfallen. Hyejin hasn’t woken up yet? But I swear I saw her fingers twitch! Or was it all a dream..

Nevertheless, I continued to stay by Hyejin’s side day and night without leaving her. Time and again, Woohyun had asked me to go back to rest while he took over but I refused.

Narrator’s POV

Days passed by and Hyejin still had not woken up. Sunggyu looked more and more hagged. The other 6 Infinite members came by the ward to visit Hyejin and talk to her but there was still no sign of improvement from Hyejin. The doctors and nurses were also slowly losing hope in her to regain consciousness.

Then, one starless night, a guy dressed in all black and wore shades, stood outside Hyejin’s ward watching her intently. He was holding a bouquet of flowers comtemplating whether to enter the room while taking the chance that Sunggyu was sound asleep.

He slightly opened the door and peeked in. Hyejin was covered in bruises and had a cast on her arm. His heart ached seeing Hyejin in this state. I’m sorry, Hyejin. I never meant for it to be that way. Why did you block the hit which was meant for Sunggyu? I just hope that you will get well soon.

With that, he left the bouquet on the table and left silently.

 

A/N: Hello fellow subscribers and new readers!! First of all, we're really really sorry that we were on a super long hiatus due to our Mid-Years and End-Of-Year Exams but fortunately it's over!! Yay! :DDD We hope that you'll enjoy the first chapter that we've written ever since our hiatus. We will try to post new chapters more often till the end of this year~ Sooooo please do anticipate! Thank you ^^