5

You're my love drug~

 

Hyejin’s POV

“MWO?!”  I was speechless.

“Wae? Is there a problem? We thought it would be a good idea since both of you are already an item and you could keep me company at the same time. You’re already like a daughter to me,” Sunggyu’s mother  told me. 

“Ani…” my brain was trying to process all the information that was coming in through my ear at once and thinking of ways to politely reject his mum.

 I glanced down at my watch and realized that it was already 8 pm. I gasped. I was already late and needed to rush off to my part time job. “I’m so sorry, auntie , but I have to leave now.  I have something on. Thank you for inviting me for dinner!” “Sunggyu ah~ Send Hyejin off!” “Arraseo.”

There was total silence as he walked me out. I decided to break the silence. “Listen. I’m not gonna stay in your house no matter what you do.” I walked off, leaving him standing behind.

 

Sunggyu’s POV

I know if I don’t get her to stay in our house as instructed by my mum, I’m gonna get hell from my mum. Not that I’m scared of her or anything, but I just don’t want to get unnecessary scolding from her. After pondering for a really long time, I finally thought of a plan. I rung up my personal secretary. “I need you to check up on this person…” Step 1 accomplished. I grinned from ear to ear. As expected, my personal secretary was quick in her job. Within an hour, she called back. “Yeoboseyo?” “Sunggyu-ssi, I found some information about her.”  I listened intently and jotted down the information. “Hmmm, okay. Thanks.” I put down the phone and began to dial the number of the person my secretary gave me.

“Yeoboseyo? Are you Mrs Lee, Hyejin’s mum?”

 “Yes, speaking. Who is this?”

 “I’m Hyejin’s boyfriend, Kim Sunggyu. I need to talk to you about some matters. Shall we meet up later? I’ll meet you at Konabeans Café.”

“Neh, arasseo.”

 

Narrator’s POV

Hyejin’s mum was curious as Hyejin never mentioned that she had a boyfriend.  She got changed and left the house. *why does he want to meet me?* Many thoughts flashed through her head.

When she reached Konabeans, she saw a fine young man sitting by the side of the window and sipping his coffee. “You must be Kim Sunggyu…” she walked towards him.

 “Neh, nice to meet you Mrs Lee,” He stuck out his hand for a handshake.  “Actually, I asked you out today because I have a request to make. I know that your family has some financial difficulty and you are struggling to pay the rent for your condo. It’s like this… If you are willing to allow Hyejin to move in to my house, I can give you a sum of money for you to rent a smaller flat so that you don’t have to worry about the renting fees for the condo.” Sunggyu’s mum was astounded. *how does he know so much about our family?*

“Does Hyejin know about this already?”

“Yes, my mum has already told her about it…”

“Did she agree to it? She’s a stubborn kid. If she doesn’t want to stay with you, I can’t persuade her to do so.”

“She hasn’t given me a reply yet. Mrs Lee, I really hope she agrees to it. Given my mother’s character, she will give me a dressing down if I don’t persuade her to live with us.”

Hyejin’s mother was in deep thought. *I am already having trouble paying for the rent. It would be better if I stay in a 1-room flat instead so that Hyejin won’t have to suffer with me*

“Okay, I’ll make sure that she goes and lives in your house. Don’t worry about it,” Hyejin’s mother gave Sunggyu a smile.

 

AT HOME:

Hyejin’s POV

“Hyejin-ah! Hurry and go pack your luggage!” Mum shouted up the stairs. I was busy doing my homework at that time. My eyes widened when I heard what Mum said. *are my ears playing tricks on me?* I got up from my chair and went down to ask my mum to repeat what she said.

“Umma, what did you say just now? I wasn’t paying attention.”

“I said go and pack your luggage. Bring everything including your clothes, toiletries and what not.”

“But why? Are we moving somewhere else?”

“Just pack up first. I will tell you when you’re done.” Mum shoved me out of the kitchen and up into my room. I was puzzled but nevertheless I did what I was told.

Within half an hour, I was done packing. “Toothbrush, check! Facial wash, check!” I grinned to myself. It was the fastest timing I took to pack my luggage and I am proud of it! I lugged the heavy suitcase down the stairs. By the time I reached the end of the stairs, I was panting heavily. *oh why did I bring so many things* I wiped the sweat off my forehead.

“Hyejin-ah. Are you done already? The car’s about to arrive!” Mum shouted along the corridor.

“Coming!”

Soon, the engine of a car could be heard outside on the porch. Sunggyu came out of the car. He was wearing a polo tee and Bermudas. Although it was just a casual outfit, he still looked really suave.

“Kim.. Kim Sunggyu? Mum, what is he doing here?!” I exclaimed in shock.

“Relax… Hyejin I’ve already made my decision. You shall live with Sunggyu and his family. I will sell this condo and rent a smaller flat to live in. I couldn’t pay the rent for the condo and I don’t want you to suffer with me. You’ll live a better life with Sunggyu,” Mum explained.

“Mum! Why are you doing this? I don’t want to live with Sunggyu, I want to live with you. Let me share the burden with you…” my voice trailed off. I was bursting into tears.

“No, Hyejin. You don’t understand. Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself. Sunggyu-ssi, please take good care of Hyejin. She may seem strong on the outside but she’s actually soft on the inside.”

“Rest assure, Mrs Lee. I will make sure to take good care of her,” Sunggyu gave Mum a reassuring smile. “Let’s go, Hyejin. My mum is waiting for us…”

Sunggyu took my luggage and brought me to the car. He started the engine and drove off. Mum waved her hands and bade goodbye, with tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry, Hyejin. I had no choice but to do this,” she sobbed.

Tears were welling up my eyes as I waved back to Mum. My heart ached as I saw her tear up. I wonder when I will see her again…

 

A/N: Happy New Year, everyone! Sorry we took a long time to update this chapter. It's pretty short but we hope you enjoyed it! Both of us were pretty busy these few days /: school's starting tmr for the both of us. We might not be able to update as often when school starts, mianhae ):  Continue to support this fanfic! XD

P.S. Did yall watch Gayo Daejun? Infinite’s performance was daebak! But I really hope they will rest well… ):

whiteconfession_ and kissme_jaejin signing off~ (: