14

You're my love drug~

 

Hyejin’s POV

“RINGGGGGG!~” the bell rang, signaling the end of the day. I walked out of class to my locker to dump my books into my locker. “Aishh, I left my physics textbook under the table.” I muttered while letting out a sigh. Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice call out my name.

“Hey Hyejin, wanna start on the project today?” Daehyun asked casually.

“Sure, 2pm at the library?”

“Okay, seeya there!”

I walked back to class, only to be greeted by a sulky-faced Sunggyu. I could feel his eyestare boring into my skin. I walked back to my seat to grab my physics textbook and left class immediately. Omg, what’s wrong with that guy. Doesn’t staring at someone for too long makes his eyes become smaller when his eyes are already small? I let out a little laugh before anyone could spot me doing that.

I grabbed a sandwich at the cafeteria before heading up to the library to meet Daehyun at the library. But obviously, I can never walk around the school in peace when there are 4 es lurking around the school.

“So I see you’re trying to get into the new boy’s good books eh?” Minzy smirked at me.

I ignored them and tried to squeeze past them and Chaerin stopped me and pushed me back.

“You better stay away from Daehyun. After flirting with Sunggyu, you want to hop boats to Daehyun?! I’m giving you a warning before things get nasty.”

The 4 of them stormed away while I was left there to absorbed what just happened. I sighed before making my way to the library.

As I approached the library, I saw Daehyun sitting at the table, immersed in a book. I crept up slowly behind him.

“BOOO!!” I burst out laughing while I saw Daehyun’s shocked face.

“HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! You’re so funny!!”

After getting shushed by the librarian and settling down, we finally got to work and started on the project.

“Hey! I’ll go check out some of the books available in the library that will aid us in our project, okay? While you can continue to type out what we have already discussed so far.” Daehyun told me.

“Okay.”

I continued typing and typing and the air conditioned environment wasn’t helping much. I could feel my eyelids drooping and I slumped onto the table, sleeping soundly.

Narrator’s POV

Daehyun came back with a few in his hands. “Hye—“  Before he could even continue his sentence, he noticed you sleeping soundly on the table. He decided to finish up the project by himself before waking you up to go home.

“Sung…gyu…sung…gyu…” He heard you utter Sunggyu’s name in his sleep. He smirked, knowing that you would be a great help to his plan. He continued to finish up the project, typing away as time ticked by.

After completing the project, Daehyun saw that you were still sound asleep. He knew that this would be the best chance to start his revenge. He fished out a piece of paper and pen from his bag and started to write a letter pretending to be Sunggyu. “Aigoo. Why the hell is Kim Sunggyu’s handwriting so hard to  imitate?” he muttered to himself. But he still tried his best to write the letter as similar to Sunggyu’s style. Minutes later, he finished writing the letter, folded it nicely and placed it in Hyejin’s pencil case.

Hyejin’s POV

“Hyejin… Hyejin, wake up. It’s late already. The library is closing soon.” Daehyun whispered.

“Hmm?” I rubbed my eyes sleepily as I lifted my head off the table. I checked my watch. “Oh my gosh! It’s so late already? I… You finished the project all by yourself?! I’m so sorry, I was typing out the info but somehow I fell asleep… I’m really sorry!” I apologized repeatedly.

“It’s alright, I saw that you were quite tired too. The project was quite easy anyway. There’s still a bit left, I shall leave them to you!” Daehyun smiled. “Oh, look. There’s something in your pencil case.” He pointed.

I turned to look at what he was pointing at. There was a piece of paper placed in my pencil case. I unfolded the paper and started reading it:

Hyejin,

Ever since that Jung Daehyun entered our class, I told you to stay away from him but you wouldn’t listen. It’s okay if you didn’t listen but you created more trouble for me instead. Now every single day, 2NE1 would come and attack me with hateful words. They post things about me that aren’t even true. You know fully well that I’m the leader of the famous gang in school, so it’s really annoying that everyone comes after me AND my other Infinite members. I really can’t stand it anymore. I only have 5 words to say to you. LEE HYEJIN, I HATE YOU.

Kim Sunggyu

After reading the letter, I was at a loss for words. Tears started to form in my eyes but I tried to hold them back. I packed my bag and ran off angrily.

Daehyun was shocked. But he followed suit soon after. “Hyejin, what’s wrong? Why did you leave in such a hurry?” He grabbed my arm and turned me around. He saw that my eyes were red. I immediately wiped my tears away but they just kept flowing.

“What did I do to deserve this! That stupid Kim Sunggyu’s always blaming me for whatever that’s happening. I hate this!” I burst out to Daehyun.

Daehyun kept quiet and just walked nearer towards me and hugged me. “You don’t deserve all these. Kim Sunggyu has a bad attitude. He blames everyone but himself. We all know that. It’s not your fault.”

I felt comforted after hearing Daehyun’s words. At least someone knows how I feel… I stopped crying and continued my way home, with Daehyun beside me.

 

AFTER WALKING A FEW METRES:

“Ooh… Let’s see who’s this at this late hour? Ahh, it’s Lee Hyejin and Jung Daehyun,” a familiar voice appeared from nowhere. A shadow formed by the dim street lamps. It walked nearer towards us.

Daehyun and I started retreating backwards and turned our backs to walk in the other direction, away from the shadow. But little did we know, as we turned back, there was another shadow in front of us.

“Trying to leave? Not that easy, guys. This is our territory and you have just trespassed it.” The shadow said.

Soon, the shadows started to reveal themselves. They were none other than CL and Sandara. Just then, Minzy and Bom appeared beside them.

“What… What do you want?” I asked, my voice quivering.

“I. WANT. YOU. TO. STOP. GETTING. IN. OUR. WAY. AND. STAY. AWAY. FROM. OUR. OPPAS. INCLUDING. DAEHYUN. OPPA.” CL said in a tone that made me so frightened that I cowered away from her.

“What if she doesn’t?” Daehyun retorted.

CL smirked. She flashed out a swiss knife from her pocket. “If she doesn’t,” she continued, “I will destroy her face with this knife.” She put the knife close to my face. I was trembling so badly, I felt as if I would faint soon. “I… I will stay away from them. I promise.” I said, almost immediately.

“Good. That had better be the case.” CL removed the knife from my face. I heaved a sigh of relief. The 4 members of 2NE1 started to leave one by one. “And remember, this is our territory. Don’t ever step on this area again.” Minzy shouted back.

“Hyejin, they’re gone already. Don’t be scared. Come, I’ll send you home,” Daehyun said. I put a hand to my chest to calm myself down. It was such a terrible scare.

“We’re here already. Thanks for sending me home,” I smiled at Daehyun weakly.

“No worries. I hope you’re alright now.” He hugged me once more.

In the meantime, Sunggyu who was at his room looking out of his window, saw Daehyun and I hugging. He crushed the can of coke that he was drinking with his fist and immediately closed the curtains.

 

“You’re back. Why so late?” Sunggyu stood at the entrance of my door.

“I was doing the Science project with Daehyun and lost track of time,” I replied curtly.

“Oh really? Or were the both of you having the time of your lives having your sweet date?” Sunggyu asked sarcastically.

“What are you talking about? I don’t get what you said. I’m not in the mood to argue with you.” I pushed Sunggyu away from my door.

“We’re not done yet. You owe me an explanation.”

“What for? Didn’t you say you hate me? If so, you don’t have to care about me at all!”

“What rubbish are you talking about? I never said I hated you.”

I took out the crushed piece of letter from my bag and shoved it into his hand. “Read it for yourself.”

Sunggyu’s POV

I glanced through the letter. I definitely did not write this. “Look, Hyejin. I wasn’t the one who wrote this paper. Although I admit that 2NE1 have been creating trouble for me, but I never blamed you at all. Not once.” I told Hyejin sincerely.

Hyejin looked at me, not sure whether to believe what I said or not. “But I can tell you were annoyed everytime I was with Daehyun! I don’t even know why. He didn’t even offend you.”

I was stunned. “That’s… that’s because I…” I took a deep breath. “I like you.”

 

 

A/N: Hello everyone!  We’re finally back with a new chapter. It’s pretty long but I hope you all enjoyed it. We hope to see more comments from you all so that we can improve for the upcoming chapters~ Hope you’ll have a great day! ^^