Lasting Moments

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

The sun was out on a relatively chilly morning. The rays shined through the sunshade curtains in the bedroom. Soyeon scrunched her eyes a little and began to wake up. When she opened her eyes, she realized that arms was around her waist and her was leaning against a warm body. She twisted her head a little to see behind her. Yunho, with his signature mouth partly open, was hugging her while sleeping. She smiled and couldn't help but relish in the moment, even though she was a bit embarrassed that both of them were under the sheets. She put her arms on top of his.

Soon, Yunho began to stir and groaned a little.

“Why are you up so early?” Yunho whispered with his eyes still closed.

“Sunlight,” Soyeon whispered back and laughed.

“Let’s sleep for a little longer.”

“Oppa, we have a flight today and I haven’t packed my stuff,”

“I’ll do it, ‘Pack-man’ to the rescue,” Yunho continued whispering.

Soyeon giggled and turned herself in his arms. “Okay, a little longer.”

Yunho hugged her even tighter. He didn’t want to leave yet. Neither did she. Yunho loved his job, but this woman in his arms made him feel like there is entirely more to life than just work. He loved her, too much sometimes. But that is the way love should be, at least that is what he thought.

After a little while, Soyeon got up out of bed, took Yunho’s dress shirt off the ground, put it on and went to the bathroom. She pushed her hair back and looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled a little and couldn’t believe that she gave her first time to the man in the next room. She brushed her teeth and then went out of the bathroom to get clothes from her suitcase. She looked at Yunho again in his sleeping state and went back into the bathroom to take a shower. When she was done, Yunho wasn’t in the room.

As she dried her hair with the towel, she walked out into the common area and saw Yunho wearing and apron and attempting to cook breakfast.

“Good morning my love,” Yunho said as he turned around and plated breakfast on another counter.

“Good morning,” Soyeon replied and took a seat at the island.

He passed Soyeon a plate and then took his own and sat next to her.

“Mmmm, you did a pretty good job. Did you just learn to make this too?” Soyeon said as she muched on a slice of bacon.

“I live with Changmin, he can cook most things and eat everything,” Yunho said as he stabbed his eggs with his fork. “Open up.” Yunho tried to feed Soyeon some eggs.

“I have some, Oppa,”Soyeon leaned back and away from his fork.

“I said open,” Yunho insisted and Soyeon complied.

Yunho finished quickly and once he was done, he just watched Soyeon eat.

“Stop looking at me,” Soyeon turned the other way.

Yunho just pulled her stool closer to him as he turned towards her and trapped her and the stool in between his legs. Soyeon was facing him.

“You look beautiful in the morning,” Yunho looked at her lovingly and played with her wet head of hair.

Soyeon smiled and nodded, “Yes, very different from my ugly self the rest of the time.” She laughed.

“Noooo,” Yunho said playfully.

“Haha, well thank you Oppa. We need to pack and get going. We have a flight in like 4 hours,” Soyeon got up and cleaned hers and Yunho’s dish.

Yunho got up and went to the sink. He then wrapped his arms around her waist as she washed the dishes. “I don’t wanna go yet,” he said.

Soyeon peered over her shoulder, “I know Oppa. This was fun and so relaxing, but we have to get back to work. You have to go back and prepare for all the end of the year ceremonies and work on your concert tour in Japan and I have a lot to do for the New Year’s show.”

“I know. I don’t even know when I will see you next.”

She turned around and cupped his cheek, “Oppa, don’t think about that. We’ll make it work, like we always have.”

“Now, let’s go to the bedroom!” She pointed.

“And do what?” He asked and gazed at her with a smirk.

She glared at him, “Not what you think! We got to pack, babe.”

“Alright,” he leaned his forehead and walked to the bedroom with her on his feet.