A Little Odd

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

Two Months later…

 

Soeyon had been back in Seoul for two weeks now after returning to America from her vacation with Yunho and performing at the New Years Eve celebration in New York City. She was a little glad to be back, but has been working hard on her next project: working with new trainees at YG Entertainment.

“Soyeon!” Teddy Park from 1TYM called to her as she was walking towards the café they were supposed to meet at for lunch. Soyeon first met Teddy when she began working with YG and they have remained pretty much best friends since then.  Whenever she is in Seoul, she makes an effort to see him.

“Teddy!” She gave him a big hug.

“How you doing baby girl? Ready to eat?” Teddy reciprocated the hug.

“Ye! So starving right now!!” she said as the hostess led them to their table.

“Here you are. Your waiter will be right with you,” the hostess said.

“Mmmm, what should I get…. Ooooh, this chicken dish sounds so gooddd!!”

“Yeaa, this seafood one too,” Teddy pointed at his menu and showed her.

“Nahhh, for some reason, I’m like not into seafood. I get grossed out when seafood is mentioned or when I sense it.”

“Oh, well, then I’ll get the steak then. And how about some dukkboki?”

“Sounds pretty good. You order, I gotta pee,” Soyeon got up and went to the restroom.

“Ok.”

When Soyeon returned, some appetizers were out already. She immediately dug in.

“Whoa! Slow down, you eat this fast, you won’t have any room for that amazing chicken,” Teddy laughed.

“I told you I’m starving,” Soyeon picked up her water and took a sip.

“So have you seen Yunho since you’ve been back?” Teddy asked.

“Of course not, he’s busy, as always,” Soyeon took the last bite of the appetizer.

“Well, are you planning to?”

“I don’t know. I have work too, you know. I’m training with your label mates,”

“But don’t you want to? You should just go visit where he is.”

“Maybe, but I don’t want to be there to bother him or just like be awkwardly on the side. How is that a good time for me, or productive in anyway?”

“Just being there is good for him. I’m sure he would want you there.”

“We’ll see. Ugh, gotta pee again.”

When Soyeon was gone, Teddy couldn’t help but wonder why she had to pee so much or why she was eating so much, so fast. He knew something was up with her. But did she know something is weird about her?

“Here you are, the steak for you and the chicken for her. I’ll put the dukkboki in the center,” the waiter said as he placed the food on their table.

“Omg, this looks amazing!” Soyeon exclaimed ecstatically as she came back.

“Yes, dig in again! Hahaha,” Teddy said as he began cutting his steak. “So is there something wrong with you? You eat and pee a lot, hahaha.”

“No. I said I’m hungry, so there you go. But the peeing thing, I think I just drank a lot of water.”

“Soyeon, look, you like had half a glass, that isn’t a lot,” Teddy suggested at her glass of water.

“I don’t  know then.”

“You should check it out then. Want me to go to the doctor’s with you?”

“And have you find out that I have some sort of bladder problem? No. I’ll check it out if it is a problem. I don’t think it is that bad right now.”

Soyeon was denying that her peeing was an issue, but she was a little concerned because she also threw up just now when she went to the restroom for the second time. She was for sure going to go to the doctor’s tomorrow, but didn’t want Teddy or anyone else to be worried.