To Go, or Not To Go

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

When Soyeon and Jinho got home from the studio, she immediately called her sister.

“Unnie! How are you?” Soyeon’s sister, Linah asked ecstatically

“Linah-ah, why did you tell Teddy that I was here?” Soyeon said with a hint of frustration.

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t play with me, Teddy came to the studio today.” Soyeon was a little snappy.

“Ok, sorry Unnie! But I thought he should know. You two are so close. And we all know that you needed someone close to give you a visit. I know you missed him and a whole lot of other people.”

“But we agreed to keep where I live, how I live, and everything else about my life a secret. I don’t want anyone to find out about me and Jinho. Especially the paparazzi. What if they followed Teddy?”

“Well Unnie, how long do you plan to keep Jinho away? You know, he is three years old now and he should be getting curious about life. He should be realizing that he doesn’t have two parents in his life, but one. Jinho needs to know what having a father means, and who is father is. Yunho is out of the military now, and in the spotlight again. He will always be in the spotlight, so what is the difference if you tell Jinho about him now or if you tell him later?”

“Jinho is so young. He won’t understand anything.”

“And you are going to wait until he does? If you wait, he will process everything, and his emotions will be able to understand too. If he finds out later, you risk him hating you for keeping him away from Yunho. He will resent you for not having a father in his life.”

“But if I tell him now, he won’t understand why I am doing it. He won’t know why I am keeping him sheltered from the horrible public. He won’t understand why I didn’t want to ruin Yunho’s future.”

“Unnie, you can tell him all that when he is older. If he meets Yunho now, all he will understand is the happiness of finally having a father. He may be surprised, and a little confused. But he will be happy in the end that he will finally have a father.

*Sigh… “So what do I do?” Soyeon asked her sister as she rubbed her face.

“What did Teddy talk to you about?” Linah asked.

“He told me he wants me to help him with a project at YG.”

“Perfect! Now you yourself have a reason to go back! You know you miss your life, your actual life.”

“Not enough to risk putting my son in to the horrible public eye.”

“Is it really that? Or you just don’t want to face Yunho.”

“Linah, I am sure he has forgot about me. Knowing him, he is concentrated on his career and is super busy. He shouldn’t have the time think about a relationship, much less me.”

“I don’t know Unnie, you might be wrong.” Linah already knows about Yunho. She keeps up with the pop culture in Korea, and Teddy told her when he called for Soyeon’s contact information. Linah didn’t know whether she should tell her sister or not.

“I don’t know. So you are thinking I should go huh?”

“Yes! I want you to be happy again Unnie!”

“What? I am happy!”

“I know you are not happy in Durham. That lifestyle is too quiet for you. You aren’t getting the high of teaching the routines and dance styles you once taught. I know you want to go back to that fast paced lifestyle and work in the entertainment industry again. I know you want to work several projects and amaze people with your work. So do it! What have you got to lose?”

“That lifestyle also consisted of no privacy also. Jinho’s life will never be the same.”

“Unnie! Just try! How will you know if Jinho won’t like that life better if you don’t try? He might find the culture in Korea better.”

“He doesn’t know Korean! Or barely…”

“Unnie! You are just making excuses now!” Linah was getting frustrated with her sister.

“Well, can I ask you something then?” Soyeon said.

“What?”

“Will you come with me?”

“To Korea?!” Linah screamed over the phone.

“Yea, come and help me out with Jinho, and be there for support.”

Linah couldn’t believe it. “Alright, Unnie. If this is what it will take for you to get back into it. Then yes.”

*Sigh “You better start planning out your stuff, girl. We’re heading to Korea.”