Can't Take This

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

Soyeon walked out of the clinic and got into a taxi. She stared at the seat in front of her with a blank face while the driver took her back to her place.

*Flashback*

“Congratulations Miss Han, you are pregnant,” the doctor said after examining her.

“Wh-what?” Soyeon looked at the doctor incredulously.

“Well, after I examined all your tests, it seems like you are about six weeks along,” the doctor informed her with a smile. “I’m sure your significant other will be full of joy when he hears the news.”

“How is this possible though? I am taking birth control,” Soyeon asked a little confused.

“Yes, but you did say you stopped taking it when you got sick a couple months ago. That makes you more likely to get pregnant because after you stop taking it and continue again after a period of time. That period of time usually varies between each female individual.”

“Oh, ummm, thank you Doctor Lee,” Soyeon stood up and bowed.

“Miss Han, will you be okay? You don’t look too well.”

“Yes, thank you.”

“Here is my business card. Call me if you need anything.” The doctor handed her his card.

“Kamsamnida.”

*End of Flashback*

“Is this for real? Am I really having a baby?” Soyeon thought to herself as she looked down at her stomach.

“Yunho’s baby?” Soyeon asked herself. Of course it was his because she was her first time.

Once she got home, she dragged her feet to her room and changed. She looked at herself in her long mirror blankly.

“I should have known. We didn’t use protection,” Soyeon thought as she looked at her reflection towards her hands that were now gently rubbing her still very indistinct belly.

At that moment, her phone rang. It was Teddy.

“Yo ma girl! How was the doctor’s?” he asked.

“Fine.  Ummm, are you free tonight?” Soyeon needed to talk to someone. She was so confused and upset that she really doesn’t know what to do or think.

“I’m in the studio until like 8. Are you okay? Is something wrong?”

“Ne.” Soyeon said emotionless.

 “Want me to come to your place after I am done here?”

“Ne.”

“Okay baby girl. I’ll be with you as fast as I can,” He assured her.

“Ne.”

 

________________________________________________

 

*Ding Dong

 

“Hey. Whoa, you look a little pale. You alright?” Teddy walked in and held her shoulders.

“Yea. Let’s go sit. Want something to drink?” Soyeon asked, still in an upset mood.

“Nah. What’s going on? Did the doctor say something?” He asked as he sat himself on the sofa. Soyeon went to the bar and made herself a drink.

“I went to the doctor’s and told him what I was feeling. He did tests. I’m pregnant,” Soyeon said as she blankly stared out into space while mixing her drink.

“WHAT? Who’s is it? Yunho’s ?” Teddy asked in disbelief.

Soyeon turned around and looked at him with the same blank face. “Ne.”

“Did you tell him?”

Soyeon shook her head. “I don’t even know if I am going to keep it.”

“ARE YOU JOKING SOYEON? THAT IS A BABY!” Teddy stood up quickly and raised his voice. He walked quickly over to her. “Give me that! You ain’t supposed to drink when you pregnant.”

Soyeon got even more upset and raised her voice as well, “Give me that! You drink when you are upset all the time! It’s my body, I will do whatever I want.”

Teddy downed the drink. “That’s right Soyeon. It is your body and you chose to not use protection with Yunho. Now you are pregnant and that isn’t the fault of what is in that belly of yours,” he told her angrily.

Soyeon was so angry at Teddy right now. “Yes, and it is also my choice to keep it.”

Teddy calmed down. He knew arguing with her with their emotions running high isn’t any good. He pulled her to sit on the sofa. “Soyeon, I am not trying to make you think having this baby is a bad thing or scare you anymore about this. And I can tell, you are scared. But think rationally, I know you aren’t going to get rid of this child. No matter how much you never planned on having a kid, or at least this early in your life, you would never hurt a child,” Teddy said to her in a gentle voice.

Her tears were now slowly falling down her cheeks. “What do I do? I’M 23! I DON’T WANT A CHILD! NOT NOW!” She sniffled her cry.

“I know. You didn’t expect it. But you and Yunho will figure it out,” Teddy hugged her and rubbed her back.

The moment Teddy said Yunho’s name, she got tense. “I-I can’t tell him about this.”

“What Soyeon? You can’t keep this from him.” Teddy pulled away and held her shoulders.

“I know he deserves to know. He will be so happy about this, I’m sure. He is a man who adores children,” Soyeon smiled to herself. She looked up and said to Teddy, “But his career…. And the life he lives… doesn’t fit children or family right now.”

“Don’t you think he will make it work for you and this child?” Teddy asked.

“Teddy, be real. He and I don’t see each other… ever. If I am pregnant, he will have to let go of so much. He loves his career so much. He loves performing and his fans. Do you think he will have time to deal with me, this baby,… a family?”

“ Now Soyeon, he has always said that he wants to get married. He wants children. Doesn’t that say enough?”

“I just don’t think his position in his career right now can take the news of this baby,” she said softly and wiped a tear. “Please Teddy, don’t tell anyone. I’ll take care of it.”

“What are you going to do though? You can’t keep on dancing this intensely with your condition now,” He asked.

“I know. I’ll take leave. I’ll explain that I have some personal matters that I have to take care of and return to the States. I’ll let my team continue to work with the trainees at YG, they got everything down. They are just as good as me. I’ll stop all future projects and be on the down low. If anyone in the public finds out about this, it won’t be pretty.”

“You know, you have me. Whatever you need, I’ll help.”

Soyeon smiled at him. He was such a good big brother to her. “Komowo.”