Count Down: Two Days

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eildcN08_Ao

------------------------

“And 5,6,7,8!” Soyeon practices the new choreography with her dancers for their next event. Although she contributes to the performances of various artists, she also enjoys showcasing the talent and skill of her and her team at different occasions. This time, it was Pitbull’s and Chris Brown’s New Year’s Eve performance in Times Square.

“Finish fierce everyone! Fire! Boom Kat Kat, Boom Boom Kat, and Freeze! Yes! Great job everyone.” She goes around and high-fives her four other dance-mates. “Okay, 10 minute break and we’ll run the routine two more times and call it a day.” All the dancers dispersed to different corners of the dance studio.

Soyeon reached for her duffel and grabbed her cell. She saw an iMessage from Yunho:

Hey babe, just got back to Seoul. Missed you lots, especially with all this holiday cheer and couples cuddling and roaming around together. When are you coming back?

Soyeon smiled. It was so like him to be so cute and kid-like. She replied:

I’ll be back in two days. I miss you too. It is really pretty here in New York. But it’s so colddd!!

He immediately replied:

It’s cold here too. Shouldn’t you be used to it? You have been living here in Korea for almost two years already. Winter is always cold.

She messaged him:

I am from Los Angeles, the coldest it gets there is like 15 degrees Celsius. I do not do cold weather obviously.

“I know that smile” said Arron, startling Soyeon

“What are you talking about?” Soyeon looked up at Arron and  tried to play it cool.

“The only time you ever smile in the corner of the dance studio is when you get a text from your boyfriend”

“Is that a crime? I haven’t talked to him in a while.”

“How long has it been?”

“Probably two, three weeks.”

“Damn! How do you do it? It is hard for me to not see my fiancée for a day. How do you do weeks??”

“We’ve been doing it for about two years now. I am busy with work. He is busy with work. We understand that this is what a relationship for each other has to be like. When we are physically together, it’s wonderful.”

“Wow! That’s beautiful, and crazy!”

“Ehh, come on, let’s finish practice.” Soyeon gets back up and heads to the center of the dance floor.

“No, seriously. Not that many people can do what y’all do. I couldn’t. Hey Lia, what’re you and Jared like?

“We cool. We go out, we party, we chill. Like any normal couple” said Lia.

“Well how long have you and him spent time apart?” asked Arron.

“Probably not more than two days. We don’t like not seeing each other. We spend so much time with each other, not spending time with each other for more than two days is not normal,” Lia responded.

“See Soyeon, your relationship ain’t for everybody,” said Arron.

“Okay, okay. I know it ain’t easy and I thank you for giving me this credit. Now, let’s run the routine two more times and we can all go home.  After this, we all get a 10-day break before we have to meet back here and practice the routine again and run it with Pitbull and Chris Brown on Dec. 15. This is some big stuff, alright? It is the biggest gig we have ever done and I want it to be bomb! Let’s do this. Play the track… and 5,6,7,8!” said Soyeon. They all completed the routine strong and called it a day.

----------------------------

Tired from another hard day at the dance studio, Soyeon laid her head back in the cab on the way back to her hotel. She then heard her phone suddenly buzz in her duffel bag. It was a message reply from Yunho an hour ago:

Well, bundle up. It’ll be cold for a while. I really can’t wait for you to come back. Let me know when you are free, baby. I got the day empty, rare thing right? Let’s webchat. I miss your face

Soyeon just smiled slightly and shook her head. She replied to Yunho:

Impatient are we now? I said I’ll be back in Seoul in two days.

Yunho sent a message back:

It’s been like two weeks since I’ve seen you. Just let me see you. Bali Bali!  

“Here we are, W Hotel!” said the cab driver.

“Thank you so much!” Soyeon paid the cab driver and gave him a little tip, in the spirit of the holidays.

“Thank you Miss! You have a great holiday now!” the cab driver said merrily.

“You too!” Soyeon exited the cab and went into the hotel. She quickly ran for the elevators as one was about to reach the lobby floor. She pressed 11 and leaned back against the back wall of the elevator. When it reached her floor, she walked to her room, dropped her bag and plopped on the bed.

She turned to the right and looked up. The clock said 1:37am.

“Shower or sleep?” Soyeon groaned. She hated showering. She thought it was such a chore. Then she realized, she had to webchat with Yunho. She rolled onto the right side of the bed and reached for her laptop.

“Ugh, he is lucky I love him,” Soyeon thinking out loud. She iMessaged Yunho and then opened up her Skype.

Ring Ring Ring

“Baby! Haha! Look at you all wrapped up in your scarf,” said Yunho, comfortably laying on his bed in his apartment and in sweats and a hoodie.

“Shut up! I said it was cold,” replied Soyeon, still in her sweaty dance clothes, track jacket, and her scarf wrapped around her neck and half her face.

“How was practice?” Yunho asked.

“Good. The dancers are working really hard, so I’m happy. How was your work in Japan?” Soyeon rubbed her eyes and said.

“It was good too. Did the same old thing, went to perform on a program, did some magazine interviews and photoshoots. Glad it is done for now and I get a break though. I have news for you though.”

Soyeon adjusted herself and propped her head on her elbow. “What is it?”

“Somehow, some way, I got the next five days off.”

Soyeon was surprised, and happy inside. She raised an eyebrow and asked “Are you serious?”

“Yes,” replied an elated Yunho.

“How in this world could it be that you have the next five days off and I have the next week off?” Soyeon said.

“I don’t know. Worked my charm I guess,” Yunho smirked.

“Cocky much,” Soyeon laughed.

“I missed that laugh,” Yunho said. Soyeon tried to raise her scarf to hide her face again.

“I know you are blushing Han Soyeon,” Yunho said as he caught a glimpse of red on her cheeks.

“Am not. You thinking too much. I should shower. It’s late and I need to wake up tomorrow, pack, check out, and meet some of my New York friends one last time before more flight to Seoul tomorrow night.”

“Go shower. I’ll wait here. Let’s sleep together,” Yunho suggested.

“What do you mean?” asked Soyeon. Has her boyfriend gone nuts?

“Let leave the webcam on right next to each other and watch each other sleep.”

Soyeon laughed. “What in the world?”

“Pleaseeeee!” Yunho begged.

“Damn it! That face always gets me. You would think I am used to it by now to not fall for it,” Soyeon said in her head.

“It is daytime where you are though,” Soyeon looked at her camera lens and said to Yunho.

“It’s called a nap, my love. I think I deserve it. Don’t get much sleep you know,” Yunho replied.

Soyeon rolled her eyes, “Fine, but you’ll have to wait while I take my LONG, soothing, LONG, hot, LONG, amazing shower.”

“Bali bali!” Yunho yelled.

Soyeon laughed, turned her laptop to towards the head of the bed, and went to the bathroom.

After 35 minutes, Soyeon dried her hair with a blow dryer, brushed her teeth, and came out in a hoodie and sweats. She jumped on the head of the bed, got comfortable, and turned the laptop towards her, only to see her boyfriend hugging a pillow and with his mouth hanging open.

Soyeon couldn’t help but have a little laugh. “Good night Oppa. I can't wait to see you. Love you.”

--------------------------

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!