What to do?

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

*Four years later

 

“Jinho-ah!” Soyeon called from the kitchen.

“Ommaaaaaaaa!!” Jinho ran from his room and down the stairs He ran towards his mother as she kneeled down with open arms.

“Aigoooo, big hug! Are you ready for another day at daycare?” Soyeon said to her son as she fixed his clothes and lifted him up to eat breakfast.

“Yes. Matthew is bringing toy cars today! I want bring my cars! And my dinosaur!” Jinho said excitedly to his mother while starting to eat his cereal.

“Okay, I will pack them with your backpack.”

“Ommaaa?”

“Yes, honey”

“Do I have a Daddy?”

Soyeon was caught off guard. She looked up from the snacks she was packing for Jinho and looked at her son.

“Wh.. why do you ask son?”

“Because Matthew’s Daddy picks him up all the time after daycare. Susie too. And Jasper. And Peter. And Tessa.

Soyeon didn’t know what to say. Her son just named all these kids whose dads are there. She has never mentioned Yunho to Jinho, because she doesn’t know how to explain his father to him.

Soyeon sat at the table. “Your daddy. He… he is very busy with work.”

“When he come home?”

“Well, I’m not sure honey. Hopefully, one day, we can go visit him at work. Or he will come here.”

“Oh. Ok. I wanna see Daddy,” Jinho said as he kept eating his cereal.

Soyeon wanted that too. She smiled at him and smoothed out his hair, “Finish up honey. We need to go soon.”

 

Since moving to North Carolina, Soyeon has been lucky enough to work at a local ballet studio. She thought of just working at a local restaurant, but she ran across the studio on her way to the store once. She went in, spoke with the owner and head instructor, and was able to get a job as a second instructor for the studio.

 

“Okay baby, I’ll be back at 5 to pick you up ok,” Soyeon said as she walked Jinho inside the daycare.

“Hi Jinho!” one of the caregivers came up and met Soyeon and Jinho by the door.

“Hi Miss Ella!” Jinho said.

“Hi Miss Ella, here’s some snacks for Jinho, in case he gets picky later.”

“Thank you Miss Han. We’ll see you later.”

Soyeon kissed Jinho on both cheeks and he walked in with Miss Ella.

 

At the studio, Soyeon unloaded her bag and put on her dancing shoes. Not the ballet one. When the kids are at school, Soyeon usually goes in to use the studio. Even if she has had to change her life, she never gave up dancing. Her passion.

 

(PRETEND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS!! =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcs8AIyWMXU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL36AC7518133B6D86)

 

*Clap clap clap

Soyeon turned around and saw Teddy standing by the door. “T…Teddy?”

“You still got it Soyeon,” Teddy said as he walked toward her.

She walked over to the stereo and turned off the music. She then turned to him, “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I wanted to see how my baby girl and my little Godson were. And after talking to your sister for the longest time, she finally told me you were working here.”

“Why are you here?” She asked as she pulled her water bottle out.

“I just wanted to see how you were. I mean, it’s been like four years.”

“You aren’t supposed to know I am here.”

“Soyeon, I thought you knew you could trust me?”

“I never thought I couldn’t. I just thought it was easier for me to not be connected with anyone in Korea. I can’t risk anything. And it is too hard to keep in touch but not actually be there.”

“Well, I think you could’ve kept in touch with me.”

“Oppa, I really wanted to start anew.”

“I don’t think so. Look at you, still dancing. Working in a dance studio. You can’t escape it.”

“I still want to love life. If this is how to do it, then that is what I’m gonna do.”

“I’m glad you still dancing.”

“Why?”

“Cuz I have a proposition for you.”

“I knew you it. You weren’t just checking up on me.”

“Wow! Can’t believe you think so little of me.” Teddy said with his hands in the air.

Soyeon couldn’t help but smile.  “Alright, alright. What is it?”

“Well, I have a new group that I am training right now. They are supposed to debut in the next couple months.”

“Okay….” Soyeon urged him to go on.

“I want you to do the choreography.”

Soyeon looked at him in disbelief. “What in this world, makes you think… that I would go back to that?”

“Soyeon, that passion you had, doesn’t just go away. I knew you would be the best. And the moment I learned you were teaching at this small studio, I knew I was right and that you still had it.”

“Well, I ain’t taking the job.”

“Please Soyeon! I promise to keep you assisting on the down low.”

“No. Absolutely not. Just going back to Korea is asking for trouble.”

“Come on Soyeon! You know you miss it. And how long are you going to keep Yunho away from Jinho? Your son needs to know his father.”

Soyeon thought about it. She wanted Jinho to meet his father. But she wanted to keep Jinho away and protect him. Also, she has seen Yunho in so long, she didn’t know how he was. Is he still living out his dream? How would he react to Jinho?

“I’m not ready Teddy. I want Jinho and Yunho to meet, but I don’t even know how Yunho is. I am not willing to let my son get hurt.”

“You can’t keep Jinho away for long. He is a growing boy, isn’t he curious?”

“Yes, but I would rather keep Jinho safe, away from that world.”

 “Look Soyeon. we all miss you. We all want to see you and I want to see you be that amazing choreographer again. Think about it. Don’t let your fear of Yunho stop you. I know you miss him too.”

Teddy looked at his watch. “I have to go. I am leaving later because I have a meeting back at the company office tomorrow. Just contact me after you think about what I said.” Teddy wrote down his email and number and left.

Soyeon stuffed the paper in her bag and went to prepare for her classes.