A New Focus

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdBym7kv2IM

Hey, let me get twoooo more roundssss of whi-whiskey,” Yunho drunkingly said to the bartender.

“Um, Sir, you’ve had about ten rounds already,” the bartender said to Yunho while cleaning a glass.

“Who are yo-you? I’m a paying customer aren’t I? I am paying for these drinks.. drinks, and I’m I’m I’m paying for the next twooooo….,” Yunho yelled at the bartender while holding his glass in the air. After he finished speaking, Yunho passed at the bar.

The bartender walked over to Yunho and shook him a bit while calling for his attention. No response. The bartender took Yunho’s phone on the counter and called the last number that called him.

“Yoboseyo?” Changmin spoke on the phone.

“Ne, Anyeonghasayo. I’m a bartender at the Goong St. Bar and I have a guest here by the name of Yunho here at the bar,” the bartender informed Changmin.

“Ne, is something the matter?”

“Well, the guest has passed out at the bar, and I was wondering if there is anyone who can take him home safely,” the bartender said.

“Ummm, yea. I’ll be there in 20 minutes.”

“Ye, Kamsamnida.”

 

------

 

“Changmin, let me go! I can walk fine,” Yunho said as he released his arm from Changmin’s hold and walked into their apartment. He stumbled all the way to the couch and fell onto it.

“Hyung, you should change,” Changmin stood next to the couch and attempted to at least take off Yunho’s jacket.

Yunho threw Changmin’s hands away and said in a slightly incoherent manner, “I’ll change when I want to!”

“You’ll feel better, Hyung.”

“You know what will make me feel better Changmin-ah? For a girl to tell me what is wrong when some-something is wr-wrong (Hiccup).”

Changmin stood up and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water for Yunho.

“Hyung, drink this,” Changmin attempted to feed him water. Yunho took a small sip.

“(Gulp) Aaah… you know Changmin, there is really you I can only depend on. No one will stick by my side like you. Good dongsaeng….Soyeon-ahhh…. Napun yaljaaa….”

Changmin stood up again. “Soyeon-ah, if you only saw how Hyung has been. Where are you?” Changmin said out loud.

--------------------

 

In America….

 

“That’s the last of it Ms. Han. You have a nice day.” said the movers as they made their way out Soyeon’s new townhouse.

“Thank you!” Soyeon saw them out.

“Well, I guess it’s time to unpack,” Soyeon said to herself.

At this point, she was already two months pregnant.  After she flew back to Los Angeles from Seoul, she made the decision to move somewhere that no one knew her. At least almost no one.

She remembered a trip long ago that she took to North Carolina with her family one time. She enjoyed how relaxing it was and the southern hospitality. A couple weeks before she decided to move, she found this quaint area in Durham. Although the decision to move and settle down wasn’t a part of her plan, it is the ideal choice. She needs to raise her child away from the spotlight, the potential scrutiny, away from drama,…. and in a place where Yunho could not find her. She changed her phone number, suspended her email account, changed to use her Christian name Mia, and broke off all contact with the life she lived… and loved.

Soyeon only told her parents and her sister of her situation. They did not want her to move, but knew that Soyeon’s strong minded mentality cannot be argued with. Soyeon knew she should tell Teddy, but she does not think that anyone in Korea should know where she is. She feels bad that she promised him to keep him updated, but this is for the best.

Soyeon was almost finished unpacking items for her bedroom when she found the photo frame with her and Yunho in it. It was taken on the beach when they went to Jejudo. He was holding the camera with one arm and hold her waist from behind with the other. She missed him. Without a doubt, she has cried so hard for this man, more than any man she has ever been with. Soyeon tried to convince herself that it is just the motherly hormones coming out, but it surely was not just that. It was how she felt.

She hopes that one day, Yunho could forgive her, and she could show their child to him…. But she does not count on it.

 

-------------

 

The Next Day in Seoul…

“Ugghhhhhh….” Yunho groaned as he woke up with the most massive hangover even a monster could not take.

He sat up and swung his legs over to the side of his bed. He placed his elbows against his knees and leaned his head in his hands.

*Knock knock

Changmin opened the door to check on Yunho. “Hyung, you feeling okay?”

“No. How did I get here? Ahhhh” Yunho held his head.

“I took you back. You passed out at a bar.”

“Ohhh. Thanks Changmin-ah.”

“Hyung, it shouldn’t be like this. It is unhealthy.”

“Changmin-ah, mianhe. It hurts,” Yunho said while still leaning on his legs and looking down at the ground.

“Hyung, I know, you had like 15 shots.”

“No, my heart… mani appayo.”

“Hyung…, what are you going to do about it?” Changmin knew that even if something upsets Yunho, Yunho himself would not show it. It wasn’t in his nature. He always remained strong. This time, Changmin knew it was serious.

Yunho went to his desk and grabbed an envelope. “I’m going to register.”

“Military service? Hyung, are you sure? Are you ready?”

“Changmin-ah. I will finish up the rest of the tasks for the month. But, I am going register. It is the only place I can be that I focus of myself,”

“Hyung, you can focus on yourself here. You always have. You promised our fans to make yourself better and they see it with all the work you do,” Changmin began to become frustrated.

“But that is just it, my work has to have a limit. I thought I want to keep going down the career path I am, but you can see it cost me something, someone, that I thought would be there for me forever,” Yunho began to raise his voice as well.

“I know you love Soyeon, hyung. But none of your other relationships affected you this much.”

“Well, obviously she is different. Or I thought she was,” Yunho sat down on the edge of his bed again.

“Hyung, two years. What am I to do?”

Yunho got up and put one hand on Changmin’s shoulders. “Magnae, you will do great continuing the Dong Bang Shin Ki name and spirit. While I’m gone, you can go do all that you want. You can act more, probably model.”

Changmin sighed. “I guess there is no convincing you to not go.”

Yunho hugged Changmin and patted his back. “Komowo.”