Can't Help But Blush

Inexplicable Circumstances

 

Song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iw_C1gRDrg

“Soyeon!” exclaimed Soyeon’s friends from New York, Carrie and Imani.

“Carrie! Imani! Omg, it’s been so longggg!” Soyeon ran with her luggage towards her friends waiting in front of the restaurant.

“I know!! Let’s catch up inside,” Carrie said. The three walked to the hostess stand in the restaurant. “Three please.”

“Follow me,” the hostess guided them towards their table and the three got comfortable.

The waiter followed shortly and served them. “Can we have three waters with lemon please?” Carrie asked the waiter.

“Certainly. Also, our specials of the day are fresh baked salmon with an aioli on the side and steamed vegetables and spaghetti carbonara.”

“Let’s get those and the buffalo chicken bites as appetizer,” Imani  suggested. Everyone agreed. The waiter took the order and left.

“So how has everything been with you two?” Soyeon asked.

“Good, I just got promoted to Associate Creative Director for my marketing firm,” said Imani.

“That’s great!! Moving up in life Imani! Haha,” said Soyeon. “What about you Carrie?”

“Same old, same old. My restaurant is still going well, able to pay the bills so I’m happy.”

“Nice,” Soyeon said and took a sip of her water. “No guys in life for you two?”

“Mmmm, haven’t really been trying all too much. Work you know,” Imani shrugged and said.

“Yeah, it ain’t easy. Also, I am pretty content right now, so a guy is no biggie,” Carrie said. “But what about you? Heard you have been pretty busy with your dance and are still able to hold down a man. What’s he like?”

Soyeon smiled and couldn’t help but laugh. “Handsome, charming, sweet, a dork most of the time. Haha. His image to the public is very manly, and he is. But as you said, it ain’t easy to have this relationship with him.”

“How do you do it?” Imani asked as she buttered a piece of bread.

“Mmmm, we don’t see each other much. For the past two years, we like see each other only at like things related to work, or when we do go and spend time with each other, we do it like once and then go to work for long periods of time before the next time we see each other,” Soyeon admitted.

“Are you happy with that?” Carrie asked.

“Mmmm, I think so,” Soyeon replied.

“Look at her, I know it is definitely more than ‘I think so.’ Her face is turning red. Hahaha,” Imani pointed out.

Soyeon began feeling her cheeks with the back of her hands. Then she got even redder.

“It’s nice to see you this happy,” Imani told Soyeon.

“Who knew I would be into a guy right? Haha. I mean throughout college, I never liked a single guy and I really didn’t care to be with one. Now, it is just so… different,” Soyeon said.

“A good different hon,” Carrie put her hand on Soyeon’s arm and said. “But when is the next time you will see each other?”

“I fly back tonight actually,” Soyeon said.

“Oooooh, are you excited?” Imani asked.

“Mhmmm,” Soyeon nodded.

“How long do you get to see him for?” Imani asked.

“Coincidentally we each have a week off. I couldn’t believe it,” Soyeon laughed.

“Well make the best of it girl. Never know if you will ever get a chance like this.

“I know,” Soyeon smiled.

 

------------------------------

 

“Hyung, what are you going to do these next couple days?” Changmin asked Yunho.

The two were being lazy in the living room, a scene that rarely happens with their nonstop schedules.

“Soyeon is coming back tonight. She has the week off, so I planned a small getaway,” Yunho told him.

“Ohhh, how romantic hyung! Where do you plan to go?” the younger brother asked.

“I was going to take her to Jeju Island so both of us can relax. She has been working on several projects at one time over these past couple months. We both deserve some R&R.”

“Nice.”

“What are you going to do Changmin-ah?”

“Probably go hang with Kyuhyun and Minho,” Changmin said nonchalantly.

“Haha, okay maknae. Have fun.”

Yunho got up from the couch and went to his room to shower and get ready to pick up Soyeon. He was going to surprise her at the airport.