Chapter 17

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

For Jiyool, it was a happy scene.  She remembered the way her Aunt Yayo would do the same for Uncle Jaejoong.  And she remembered that Yoojin told her how Uncle Yoochun would laugh and would always be happy whenever her Aunt Aejae was around.  This scene was what Jiyool wanted for her Appa.  She wanted her Appa to be happy like Uncle Jaejoongie and Uncle Yoochun.

 

OMONA!!!!! Did Santa receive both of my letters????

 

 

She continued to watch the pleasant scene before her.  She then pressed her cheeks with her small palms because she realized she had been smiling too much.  It was an unfamiliar scene to her and yet she had a good feeling just by watching. 

"Can't I really help? I feel guilty just by standing here. At least, let me set up the table?"  Yunho asked.  Chel stirred the pot a couple of times before nodding.  "Okay, if you insist."  She pointed to a cupboard, "The plates are in there." 

Jiyool gasped and before any of the adults saw her, she immediately went back to the bedroom and jumped on the bed and pretended to sleep.  A few moments later, one of her eyes peeked open.  Seeing the coast was clear, she heaved a sigh of relief.  She didn't want them to know that she had been 'spying' on them.  She could hear the clanks of plates and silverware downstairs.  She giggled as she replayed the scene in her head.  So busy that she didn't even notice the footsteps on the staircase.

 

Chel smiled at the thought of having visitors in her place.  It had been a long time since she had cooked for somebody and she had missed it.  So she grabbed the chance of cooking for the father and daughter as soon as she took notice of the harsh weather.  She made sure to make her most delicious dish perfect especially if a cute little girl and her handsome father would eat it.

She placed the main dish carefully on the table along with the other side dishes she prepared.  She then took a step back and checked if everything was complete and in place.

"Looks good!"  She said and clapped to herself.

 

Yunho slowly opened the door and peeked in.  He smiled as he saw the small lump on the bed.  "Jiyool~"  He cooed as he walked towards the sleeping lump.  Jiyool squirmed a little but her eyes remained closed.  He chuckled.  He knew Jiyool was awake and just feigning sleep.  "Wake up, Jiyoolie~ Auntie Chel made dinner."  He gave a her a gentle shake and Jiyool slowly opened her eyes and pretended to yawn.  "I am hungry, Appa."  She announced while rubbing her eyes.  "Then let's go, we don't want to keep Aunt Chel waiting."

Hand in hand, they arrived at the dining room.  Seeing all the food on the table, Jiyool let go of her Appa's hand and skipped to the table. "OMO OMO!!! You made everything, Aunt Chel?!"  She gasped as her eyes took in all the mouthwatering dishes.  Her nose was filled with different yummy scents and when her eyes fell on her favorite side dish, she squealed in happiness.

"Eat well!"  Chel said as they sat down.  Chel's motherly instincts kicked in and started to ask Jiyool if she wanted this and that.  She helped Jiyool put food on her plate and made sure Jiyool would have everything she needed or wanted.  Yunho could only watch.  A feeling of regret and sadness overwhelmed him.  He remembered Jiyool's mother and his dear wife, Lilia.

If only.......

Yunho continued to look on as Jiyool's face lit up in pleasure as she was being doted on by Chel.  He tried to swallow the sudden lump in his throat and blinked away the tears that started to gather in his eyes.  

There was still a rush of emotions in his heart.  Doubt, if he had been taking care of Jiyool in the way the she deserves to be treated and if he could take care of her as good as Lilia could have been if she were still in their lives; Panic, at the thought of Jiyool wanting to experience more of this incident; Anger, at the thought of fate robbing his daughter a mother she needed and a wife he loved; Fear, he wouldn't live up to his promise of being a great dad to Lilia; Sadness, knowing that Jiyool couldn't experience such warmth from a motherly figure everyday; Joy, seeing Jiyool experiencing a woman's care; Gratefulness, to Chel who was really kind towards his daughter and to him as well; Courage, knowing that Jiyool could experience such instance through the help of his friends; and Love, as he watched the affection exchanged between Jiyool and Chel.

"Appa, why aren't you eating?"  Jiyool's question broke his train of thoughts.  Chel faced him and he immediately put the nearest side dish on his plate.  "Here, Yunho-ssi, try this."  Chel picked a strip of meat, dipped it in a special sauce and placed it on a cut lettuce.  Then she placed other side dishes and wrapped the lettuce into a ball.  "Say aah~"  She said as she shoved the ball into his face.  Yunho turned red.  He had not been fed by hand by any lady since the last time Lilia......................

"Thank you! Uhm, it's okay I can take it."  He said and his hand moved to the lettuce ball Chel was holding.  "JUST KIDDING!"  Chel said and burst out laughing as she gave it to Yunho.  In one motion, he shoved it to his mouth.  "How is it, Appa?"  Jiyool asked after the sauce on the corner of her lips.  "Eer's guurr!"  He tried to answer while giving a thumb's up.  Chel giggled and made a smaller ball for Jiyool to eat.  "AAAH~"  Jiyool opened wide and Chel carefully placed it inside.  "MMmm!!"  Jiyool nodded and like her Appa, gave a thumb's up.

 

Dinner went on with Chel making sure both of her guests were having a pleasant time.  They shared laughter and happy stories with Jiyool dominating the conversation most of the time.  Yunho also had his fair share of being doted by Chel which at first he was awkward with but then learned to cope with it as time went by.

After dinner, the three of them all helped in washing the dishes after Jiyool insisted on it.  Since Chel didn't have the heart to decline the little girl, she agreed. Jiyool then stated that washing dishes was her favorite time of the day.

 

"Oh, look!! No more snow!"  Jiyool exclaimed while looking out the window.  The snow stopped falling and the streets had been cleared of snow, melting during the hours that passed.  "Really?"  Yunho asked as he joined her.  "I guess we may leave now, baby.  We had bothered Aunt Chel too much."  Jiyool sighed and pouted.  She was having a fun time and didn't want to leave yet but she knew here Appa was right.  "Okay....."  She agreed.

"AUNT CHEEEEL!"  She ran to Chel and hugged her legs.  "It's not snowing anymore.  Appa said we may leave now because we bothered you too much."  She said while she looked up at her.  "Oh no!  You weren't a bother to me at all, Jiyool.  I had a really great time having the two of you here. "  She smiled and squatted down to look at Jiyool in the eyes.  "Really?  You like having Appa too, here?"  She asked with a glint in her eyes and Chel pinked.  "Yes, I do."  She answered and Jiyool grinned.

 

"Chel-ssi, thank you for letting us stay and for the great Christmas dinner."  Yunho bowed his head in gratefulness and Chel waved her hands in front of her.  "Oh, it was a pleasure, Yunho-ssi.  Thank you for keeping me company for Christmas dinner.  Trust me, this was better than being alone."  She assured and handed over a basket full of more meat and side dishes.  "Put everything in the refrigerator.  You may eat it for tomorrow."  She said with a smile and Yunho loaded it into their car.  He then strapped Jiyool securely on her seat before climbing into the driver's seat.

"Bye Aunt Chel!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!"  Jiyool waved and blew her a kiss and then waved again.  "Bye!  Drive safely, Yunho!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO!!!"  She shouted back and waved, too.  They kept on waving until they were not in sight.

 

After tucking Jiyool into bed and making sure she was sleeping comfortably, Yunho replayed what had happened during their stay at Chel's house.  Indeed, it had been a very happy Christmas for the both of them.  He was thankful to the One above for their wonderful day.  He then thought of Chel and her kindness towards him and most especially, Jiyool.  He smiled and before he knew it, he fell asleep.

 

Yunho was walking on a beach.  The sky was blue and the sun was shining.  The waves were softly crashing to the sand and he smiled as his feet lightly played with the water.  

Where is this?  He thought as he looked around.  

There were sea birds flying around and some perched on the trees.  The sand was white and soft beneathe his feet and thought Jiyool would enjoy playing here.  He decided to find out where this was exactly so he could bring his Jiyoolie here the next time.

He walked and walked, trying to find more about this beach but he frowned when he felt that the beach was endless.  He started to jog so that he could reach the end, if there was any.  He had probably jogged for half an hour before stopping to catch his breath.  He placed his hands on his knees as he squeezed his eyes shut.  He looked up once he was ready to jog again.

He nearly tripped when he saw a woman walking with her back facing to him a few yards away from him.

"Excuse me!"  He shouted.  Finally, he could ask somebody!

The woman stopped and slowly turned.  When she faced him, Yunho gasped in shock.

 

"LILIA?!"

 

 

 

 

[A/N] HELLO! HOW ARE YOU MY DEAR READERS? ^_^ How is the story so far?  Teehee~!!! Oooh~~~ an appearance from the past!  What do you guys think? :D

HELLO MY DEAR SUBSCRIBERS.  HELLO NEW SUBSCRIBERS. HELLO SILENT READERS. =) 

 

Ooh how was your WHITE DAY?

 

@intanck92 - LOL at 'Santa harabeoji'!! Hahahaha!! that was a good one! ^_^ btw, you're welcome! :D

@aejae22 - *jiyool picked up the confetti and threw them as well*

@yunhotic - im glad you do, thank you! :D