Chapter 2

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

"Yeeey!  Yeeey!  We're gonna have ice cream!  Ice creeeaaam!!"  Jiyool rejoiced as she happily skipped beside Yunho who was holding her hand.  Yunho laughed as he fondly looked at his daughter.  After the 'episode' earlier at the department store, he decided to treat her ice cream to lift up her mood.

"Well here we are, angel!  Remember baby, choose anything you want but only up to 2 scoops, okay?"  Yunho reminded Jiyool when they arrived at Jiyool's favorite ice cream parlour.  She eagerly nodded, "Yes, Appa!"  The owner, Mr. Park Jung Su or Leeteukie Ajusshi as Jiyool calls him, looked up from his calculator and smiled.

"Well, well if it isn't my favorite customer in the whole wide world!"  He exclaimed as Jiyool continued to happily skip towards him. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Leeteukie Ajusshi!!!!!"  Jiyool greeted and halted in front of the displays of ice cream flavors.  Her eyes got big and rounded as she eyed the colorful flavors, deciding on what she would get while Yunho already decided to have his usual - a scoop of Coffee ice cream.

Uwaaa~  Should I get strawberry?  But I want mango!  How about cookies n' cream?  But I just had that last time I went here.  So mango and... mocha?  But how about the strawberry?  But Appa said I can only have two...hmmm.  Otteokhe I want mango, mocha and strawberry!!!!

"Decided already?"  Jung Su asked as he watched the troubled facial expression of Jiyool.

"Not yet... I want to have mango, mocha and strawberry but Appa said I can only have two scoops."  She replied with a sigh.

"Oh really?  That's unfortunate then.  Because today, we have a special promo for kids who have a red nose like yours."  Jung Su said and motioned for Jiyool to come closer.  "If you choose three flavors, then you get your ice cream for free!"  He announced 'exclusively' to her.

"Omo!  Jinjja?? Appa!  Did you hear that Appa?  Leeteukie ajusshi said I can get free ice cream today because I have a red nose but only if I choose three flavors!!"  Jiyool excitedly told Yunho and held his hand in between her two hands. 

"Hyung-"  Yunho whispered.  He knew what his friend was trying to do. 

"Tsk.  Remember, it's special promo for this day only!  It's only this one time.  Besides, it's Christmas season, right Jiyool?"  Leeteuk urged and gave Yunho a quick death glare.

"Right Leeteukie ahjusshi.  But it's okay if I can only have two scoops Appa."  Jiyool worried that her Appa might think she's forcing what she wanted making her a bad girl again.  Yunho looked at her.  He knew how much Jiyool wanted her three scoops at the moment but he didn't want her to have a toothache on Christmas day!  However, he knew he'd be giving in.  He sighed.

"Okay, fine.  Get three scoops Jiyool.  But you're sharing it with me.  We can't have you eating all those by yourself especially that Christmas day is near."  Yunho approved and Jiyool's face lit up.  JungSu smiled and shook his head at his friend.  He knew Yunho couldn't resist his daughter's plea.  He wondered though what made Jiyool cry earlier.

"Yeeeey!  Thank you Appa!!!"  Jiyool quickly hugged him and looked up at JungSu.  "May I have scoops of strawberry, mocha and mango please?"  She sweetly asked JungSu. 

"Sure thing, little doll!  Why don't you and your Appa take a seat first and we'll have it served to you?"  JungSu smiled and proceeded to work on their ice cream cones. 

"Thanks, JungSu hyung!"  Yunho called out and JungSu gave a thumbs up as an answer.

After two minutes, the ice cream cones were served to Yunho and Jiyool.  Yunho immediately noticed how large and tall the ice creams cones this time were.  Apparently, Jiyool noticed it too and her jaw dropped.

"Omo Appa!  I'm glad we're sharing Appa."  Jiyool commented as she stared at her ice cream cone.  She gave it a cautious , afraid that she might make everything fall.  Yunho chuckled as he watched his daughter. 

"Jiyool baby, aaaahhh."  Yunho opened his mouth so that she could feed him her ice cream.  "Be careful, Appa!"  Jiyool warned as she placed the ice cream in his mouth.  He bit on its side, taking a huge chunk out of her ice cream cone.  Jiyool gasped as her once huge icecream cone went down to half its size.  She felt bad that she only has a half left but she didn't want to anger her Appa so she just didn't say anything.

"YAAAH JUNG YUNHO!"  They heard JungSu scream.  They both turned to see JungSu stomping towards them.  "YAH!  Why did you take such a huge bite from Jiyool's icecream!?"  He thundered at Yunho.

"I-it's okay, Leeteukie ahjusshi.  The ice cream was a little bit too big for me."  Jiyool immediately told him so that he wouldn't be mad at her Appa.

"See, JungSu hyung?  My daughter is really smart.  Isn't she the best?"  Yunho asked with a playful smirk on his face.  Jiyool, geniunely smiled, knowing that her Appa thinks she's being good and not bad.

"Why you~!"  JungSu pointed a finger at Yunho.  But remembered Jiyool was watching so he just sighed.  "Okay, okay!  You're off the hook, Jung."  He said then turned to Jiyool.  "Enjoy the remaining of your ice cream Jiyool dear.  And don't let your Appa have more of your ice cream, okay?"  He asked while smiling at her.

"Yes, Leeteukie ahjusshi!  Nomu kamsahamnida!!!!"  Jiyool replied while giggling at the silliness of Leeteuk ahjusshi.  JungSu patted her head and with a last warning look at Yunho, he left them to serve more customers.

 

After having their ice cream, Yunho brought Jiyool to the KIDS SECTION of the mall.  He just followed her everywhere, letting her drag him wherever she wants after telling her she could choose one toy and he would buy it for her.  Thank God I already put the shopping bags in the car.  He thought as he and Jiyool bumped into kids running everywhere.

"Jiyool WAIT!!"  Yunho shouted as Jiyool got extremely ecstatic with all the toys and started running with the other kids.  She quickly stopped as soon as she heard her Appa's command.  She bit her lip as she thought she's being a bad girl once again.  "Sorry Appa..."  She said and grabbed his hand and held it tight.  "It's okay, baby.  Just don't let go of my hand.  Let's not run, alright?"  He asked and she beamed up at him.  "Yes, Appa."

They were looking around for almost an hour now and Yunho was taking note of the things Jiyool liked.  Since he said she could only choose one, the rest, he'd be buying secretly and give it to her on Christmas day.  However, he gasped when Jiyool held up a toy she decided she wanted.

"NO JIYOOL!  Honey, guns are bad.  They're violent.  As well as that sword and arrow you're holding.  Why don't we go to the dolls' section.  There's a lot of pretty dolls, i'm sure.  I can even let you buy two.  Just not these violent toys, baby."  He snatched the toys away and stashed them on a random toy shelf.

"But I remember Uncle Yoochun said they were cool."  Jiyool pouted in confusion. 

"Well, Uncle Yoochun's a big man and you're not."  He frowned and noted to remind Yoochun to be careful with the things he'll be saying in front of his daughter.  He picked up Jiyool and hurriedly went to the Dolls section.

"But I don't like dolls Appa.  Especially those Barbie dolls with those big creepy eyes staring at me."  Jiyool stated as Yunho pointed to several Barbie dolls on display.  Yunho could only sigh in defeat.

"Oohh!  How about a bicycle, Appa?"  Jiyool asked.  Yunho stiffened when he heard her suggestion.  As much as possible, he didn't want Jiyool getting hurt so he refrained her from playing anything outside the house.  His parents and sister opposed him though, saying that Jiyool must experience what it's like playing outside.  Getting hurt is also part of childhood so that Jiyool would get stronger and not be a fragile girl in the future.  He strongly disagreed with them even though they clearly had a point.  Oh what would he feel if Jiyool comes running back to him with a bleeding knee or a scraped hand?

"Maybe next year, Jiyool."  He replied.

"But that's what you told me last Christmas, Appa."  She reminded him.  He closed his eyes tightly as he thought of a way to counter what she said.

"Please, please, please, Appa!!!  I really want to learn how to ride a bike!!!  I think it will be fun.  Don't you think so, Appa?"  She asked him with hopeful eyes.

"Baby, you might get hurt if you ride one so it's not fun.  You'll cry if you ride a bike, baby.  You don't wanna get hurt, do you?"  He asked as he looked at her disappointed eyes.

"I guess not, Appa..."  She softly replied and hugged his neck.  If that's what her Appa tells her, then she'll believe and agree with him.  She's glad she has such a caring appa.

In the end, Jiyool decided on a Play Doh: Burger Builder set.  She remembered she'll go over to Uncle Jaejoong's house tomorrow.  Her Uncle Changmin will surely play with her.  She'll make many many burgers and give them to her uncles.

 

 

 

[A/N]  Hello! :D How's the story so far?  Please wait for Chapter 3. 

Christmas day is coming soon.  Only 6 hours to gooo~ (+8gmt)  MERRY CHRISTMAS!