Chapter 18

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

Yunho was walking on a beach.  The sky was blue and the sun was shining.  The waves were softly crashing to the sand and he smiled as his feet lightly played with the water.  

Where is this?  He thought as he looked around.  

There were sea birds flying around and some perched on the trees.  The sand was white and soft beneathe his feet and thought Jiyool would enjoy playing here.  He decided to find out where this was exactly so he could bring his Jiyoolie here the next time.

He walked and walked, trying to find more about this beach but he frowned when he felt that the beach was endless.  He started to jog so that he could reach the end, if there was any.  He had probably jogged for half an hour before stopping to catch his breath.  He placed his hands on his knees as he squeezed his eyes shut.  He looked up once he was ready to jog again.

He nearly tripped when he saw a woman walking with her back facing to him a few yards away from him.

"Excuse me!"  He shouted.  Finally, he could ask somebody!

The woman stopped and slowly turned.  When she faced him, Yunho gasped in shock.

 

"LILIA?!"

 

 

His heart started pounding in his chest.  His mouth opened and closed several times.  HIs mind tried to grasp what he was seeing.   He stared for another moment, making sure that it was really his wife that was in front of him. 

"Hi, Yunho."  She greeted softly with a smile.

That was the only thing it took to break Jung Yunho's trance.  With the confirmation of the woman's voice in front of him, he was sure that it was really Lilia.  At the sound of his name from his lips, he immediately ran to her and flung himself to hug her.  They stumbled back a little but Lilia let out a snorty chuckle (one of the reasons why Yunho fell in love with her) before wrapping her arms around him too.

"Lilia.. Lilia.. My Lilia..."  Yunho chanted as he hugged her tigher to him.  Oh how he wished time would stop so he could cherish the feel of her body against his that he had missed so greatly.  "Lilia, my love, don't leave me again.. Please....."  He murmured against her hair as he buried his face in her soft curls.  He felt his tears started to burn his eyes as he felt her hands started to rub his back, an action that had always soothed and comforted him.

"Yunho dear, don't cry...."  She leaned away from him and cupped his face.  Drying his tears his tears with her thumbs, Yunho had to let out a laugh as he watched her loving but concerned face.  He took a hand off his face and kissed her palm then kissed each of her fingers.

"Let's go sit?"  She asked and motioned to the shade under the tree.  Yunho fought a shudder through his spine as he grabbed her hand and linked their fingers together.  It was a surreal moment. A moment he never thought could happen again.  He led her to the shade and sat down before spreading his arms to her.  "Oh, Yunho!"  Lilia shook her head with a smile but complied nonetheless.  She sat with her back to Yunho and he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to her. 

"I wish we could stay like this forever."  Yunho said as he rested his head on hers.  She only hummed in response.  "Is something the matter, love?"  He asked as he turned to face her.

"I think we should....talk."  She replied.

"About...?"  He inquired.  He had this gut feeling that he wouldn't like what he would hear.  Couldn't they just enjoy the moment without having to do this 'talk' that they were about to take????  He felt her take a deep breath before looking into his eyes.

"Yunho, I think it's time for you to move on."  She knew the only way to get over this discussion with Yunho was to tell him directly what he needed to hear.

"What?  Move on..?  Whu- what??"  He asked, totally confused at the topic at hand.  As far as he was concerened, there was no need for such talk.  

"Jiyool, our lovely daughter Yunho.  Think about her.  I know you have been the perfect father for our daughter but sooner or later, she would need a mother figure.  One that could and would be by her side as she grows up.  One that would take care of her and love her as if she's her own child. No, let me finish, Yunho."  She pressed a finger against his lips when he tried to protest.  "Don't be afraid to open your heart again, Yunho.  I love you that's why I want the best for you and Jiyool.  It would leave me in peace if I know there would be somebody to take care of you as you and Jiyool grow old.  Do you understand what I'm saying and why I'm saying this?"  She asked as she stared back at Yunho's eyes which started to moisten.

"I don't think I can love another woman again, Lilia."  Yunho softly said as he caressed her cheek with the back of his hand.  "YOU are my love.  You are my greatest love.  What you're asking of me is impossible.  Do you think that I can just easly forget about us and....and...."  He paused and shook his head, "No, Lilia.  Just....no.  I only want to be married to you and only you.  I may be selfish right now but...no.  Okay?"  He felt his heart skip a beat when Lilia just stared into his eyes before sighing.

"FIne.  I won't force you but promise me one thing, Yunho."  She waited for Yunho to nod before continuing, "Promise me that if someday, somebody makes your heart skip a beat and gives you happiness, don't be afraid to fall in love again.  Open your heart and let your guard down.  Don't think of anything and just think of yourself.  Let her in your life, Yunho and I swear I will be happy for you and Jiyool.  Jung Yunho, promise okay?"  She asked but she could see the hesitation and reluctance in his eyes.  But she knew Yunho couldn't deny her anything and he had always kept his word.

"For you, Lilia.... Okay, I promise."  He said since he couldn't do anything and he had no choice.  And to be honest, he would do anything for Lilia at this point. Now that she was in front of him, he would do anything to make her happy.

"Pinky swear and no crossing of fingers behind your back!"  Lilia demanded and Yunho couldn't help but laugh at her childish demands.  He laced his pinky with hers and their thumbs locked.  "Good!"  

They fell into a comfortable silence as they stared at the waves crashing onto the soft sand.  Yunho wished they could be like this forever.  He was so happy and contented at the moment.  With his wife beside him, there was nothing more he could ever ask for.  But his then his thoughts reached Jiyool and he wished he could bring her here next time so that the loves of his life could be together.  Only then this would be perfect.

"Now, tell me Yunho, how is our daughter Jiyool?"  Lilia inquired even though she had been keeping an eye on Jiyool.  Yunho's eyes lit up in excitement and gladness as he started to narrate this and that about Jiyool to Lilia.  He was animatedly talking, and Lilia was sure that she had not only found a great husband, but also a great father.  She could see the outpour of love in Yunho's eyes as she listened to him tell her about cute and funny anecdotes about Jiyool.

 

Yunho woke up from his nap.  He noticed that it was already dusk and he was still under the tree at the beach.  He instantly panicked at the thought of Jiyool being alone in their house.  His mind was still fuzzy from sleep and when he realized what had occured before his nap, his head snapped back to where his wife Lilia was before but to his horror, she was gone.....again.

He immediately stood up and shouted, "LILIA!!!!!!!!"  He cupped his hands to his mouth and shouted louder, "LILIA!!!!!!!!!!!  LILIAA!!!!!!!"  He ran around to look for her but he couldn't see anybody.  He kept shouting her name again and again, hoping that she would appear any second now.  He fought the tears that had started to in his eyes but he wouldn't lose hope.  Not now that she was just somewhere.....

"LILIAAA!!!!!!!  Come on, this is not funny!!!!! LILIAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!  WHERE ARE YOUUUU????  LILIAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  He was screaming now and he didn't care what he looked like.  He only cared about finding Lilia.  "LILIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"  He gave one final scream before falling down to his knees and started sobbing uncontrollably.  He couldn't believe he had lost her again.  She was just there.  She was supposed to be there with him.  It was like millions of knives had struck his heart and shredded it into tiny pieces. It hurt to lose her again.  She had just slipped through his fingers. 

"LILIA DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!!!!"  He screamed some more before grabbing a handful of sand and threw it in anger. "LILIA DON'T LEAVE ME!!! COME BACK!!! LILIA!!!!!!"   He started to wheeze but he kept screaming, "LILIAAAAAAAAAAA!!! LILIAAAAAA!!!!!!"

 

"Appa!!! Appa!!!!!" Jiyool shouted in fear as she shook her father awake.  She had woken up when she heard him and groaning in his sleep.  She started to get scared when trickles of tears appeared from his eyes and his face was distorted in agony.  She had never seen him like this and decided she must wake him as soon as possible.

"LILIAAAA!!!"  He kept repeating this name as his head moved from left to right.  

"APPA!"  She shouted again as she shook him as hard as she could.  Thankfully, Yunho's eyes popped open.  "Appa!!!!"  She shouted in relief and Yunho focused on her, confusion evident on his face.

"Jiyool?"  He quickly sat up seeing the disturbed look on her face and hugged her, "What's wrong, baby?  Did you have a nightmare again?"  He asked as he rubbed her back. 

"No, Appa!!! It was you!!!  You were shouting and you were sad and then you were screaming and then your head went like this and this and then you were crying and then I shook you and....."  She blabbered on and at the mention of crying only did Yunho notice his cheeks were wet.  He struggled to remember what had been the reason of his tears.  "......and then ooh~I almost forgot!  You were shouting 'Lilia' over and over again, Appa.  So I got scared and tried to wake you up."  She finished as she hugged him tighter.  She knew hugs would comfort him just like his hugs would comfort her.

At the mention of her mother, Yunho remembered his dream.  So it was only a dream.  But it was so clear that he was sure it had really happened.  A shudder rushed through him and his heart squeezed in pain.  "Lilia....  I dreamt about your mother, Jiyool."  He whispered and he felt her nod.  "I know Omma's name." She said before asking, "Are you okay now, Appa?"  She pulled back a little to look at her father.  She saw there were still a few traces of tears and removed it with her small hands. 

"Don't cry anymore, Appa.  I love you."  She stated as she wiped her hands on her Pororo pajamas.  

"I love you too, baby.  Thank you for waking me up.  Now go back to sleep again.  Sweet dreams, Jiyool."  He tucked themselves underneath the blanket and placed a kiss on her head.  "Sweet dreams, Appa."  She said before closing her eyes and falling asleep.  

Jung Yunho though, never got a wink of sleep for the rest of the night.

 

 

 

[a/n] Soooooooo~  finally a permission (well sorta) from Lilia!! Woot woot! ^_^ 

 

@yunhotic - Teehee~! im glad you're excited! ^_^ thank you! I guess Lilia saw Chel in a good light that's why she sorta 'urged' yunho to go and fall in love again without fear. Oh, and sorry about the cliffhanger. :))

@intanck92 - Awww, I cant believe someone's spazzing cuz of my fic. *sniff*  lemme give you a virtual hug! *huuuuug* thank  you!

@aejae22 - pinapakawalan na nia si yunnibear. <3