Chapter 4

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

Yunho woke up when he heard somebody whimpering and sobbing.  He quickly sat up and the lamp when he realized it was Jiyool. 

Oh no, her nightmares are back.  He worriedly thought as he gently shook Jiyool awake.

 

"Jiyool, baby... Wake up, baby...  Jiyool, wake up."  Yunho worried and frowned at Jiyool's crying state while he gently and slowly shook her awake.  It had been months since her last nightmare.  Yunho thought it had already stopped when he invited priests and Feng Shui experts to visit and 'clean' their house after Jiyool's continuous nightmares every night.

"Jiyool... Jiyool..."  He wiped the tears on her cheeks and that was when Jiyool opened her eyes and looked at him.

"APPA!!"  Jiyool sobbed and Yunho scooped her up in his arms and hugged her tight.

"It's okay, baby.  It's just a nightmare.  It's okay, it's okay... Don't cry anymore baby.  Appa's here... Appa's here, baby."  Yunho comforted Jiyool and kissed her hair.  He looked at the clock, 3:19 A.M.  He felt Jiyool tighten her arms around him.

"Appa, y-you won't leave, right?  P-please don't leave me, A-appa.."  Jiyool pleaded as she remembered Lily-ssi leaving.  She didn't really know why she felt so attached to Lily-ssi but it made her extremely sad every time it was time for Lily to leave her. 

She must have dreamt I was going to leave her.  Yunho thought after hearing his daughter's plea and frowned.  He felt frustrated that he couldn't stop Jiyool's nightmares.  Knowing and seeing his daughter scared tore him to pieces.  He already brought Jiyool to a Child Psychologist and the doctor said that it's just part of childhood.  Childhood shmildhood!  He thought.  He'd do and give anything just to give his Jiyool a peaceful sleep every night.

"Jiyool, my Jiyool, look at Appa..."  Yunho instructed and lifted Jiyool's face from his shoulder so that she could face him.  He looked at Jiyool's innocent and sad and worried eyes and he felt a surge of love for his daughter.  He cupped her face with his hands and wiped the unwanted tears with his thumbs. 

"Baby, listen to Appa, okay?  Appa will not ever... EVER leave you.  Appa will always be by your side no matter where and no matter what happens, hmm?  Always remember that Jiyool.  I, Appa, will never leave you.  NEVER.  I love you very much, baby.  Don't forget that."  Yunho said with tenderness and love for Jiyool. 

She nodded and rubbed her eyes, trying to stop the tears.  Knowing that at least her Appa won't ever leave her, she felt at peace and happy.  Yunho took her hands away from her eyes and wiped the tears using his thumbs again.  And then Jiyool wrapped her arms again around her Appa.  Being in her Appa's arms always comforted her and made her feel secure.  "I love you too, Appa."  She whispered and her sobs subsided.

Yunho heard that sweet line and kissed her head.  He then took some tissues and placed it on her nose.  "Blow gently, baby."  And Jiyool did as she was told.  After wiping her nose, Yunho smoothed her back and felt it soaked with sweat.  With Jiyool in his arms, he stood up and went to get her a new pajama top.  "Jiyool baby, which one do you wanna wear? We need to change your PJ's."  He said and turned so that Jiyool can face the pile of her pajama tops.

"I want that Duckie* one, Appa."  Jiyool was referring to her Donald Duck PJ's, courtesy of course of her secretly favorite uncle, Uncle Junsu.  "Alrighty, baby."  Yunho took it and changed her top.  He wiped her back with towel and then put some powder.  Then he took another towel and placed it on her back to soak up any sweat during her sleep.

"Let's get you some warm milk."  He said and heard Jiyool squeal when they entered the dark kitchen.  She hid her face in his neck and closed her eyes tightly. She hugged him tighter and tighter and Yunho chuckled.

"Baby, don't be scared.  I'm here and nothing can hurt you.  And honey, please loosen your hug on my neck a little bit.  Appa can't breathe."  Yunho tried to pry or loosen Jiyool's arms and continued to chuckle.  He quickly opened the lights and he felt Jiyool relax.  He sat her on her chair and heated some warm milk in the microwave.

"So baby, wanna tell Appa about the nightmare?"  He softly asked and Jiyool bit her lip and shook her head.  Yunho  crouched down to her eye-level and took her hand his and sighed.  He always asked Jiyool about her nightmares but she would refuse to let him know.  "It's okay, baby.  Don't be shy.  You know you can always tell me anything."  He pressed on. He really wanted to know about her nightmares sothat he can find a way to help her get rid of it.

"It's okay, Appa..." She replied and shook her head once again.  "Come on, tell Appa.  Please?  So that i can help you."  He pursuaded.  Jiyool thought for a moment.  If she won't tell him, he'll continue to worry.  If she tells him, then Lily-ssi might never visit her again. And she loves Lily-ssi.  She pouted while deep in thought.

"Okay baby.  Tell Appa whenever you want, okay?  I will listen."  Yunho didn't know the reason why she couldn't tell him.  But he wouldn't want to force her to tell him so he just let it go.  He would just hope that Jiyool won't have any nightmares again.

Finally, the warm milk was ready.  Yunho took a sip to check its temperature.  After blowing some steam, he gave Jiyool's favorite cup to her.  Jiyool drank it without hesitation as warm milk is her favorite drink of all time.

"Finished!"  She exclaimed and turned her cup upside down.

"Very good, Jiyool baby."  He praised and took the cup to the dishwasher.  "Ready to go back to sleep?"  He asked as he carried Jiyool and she nodded.  "Yes Appa."

He laid her down on the bed and brushed her bangs away from her forehead and kissed it.  He pulled the covers and said, "Goodnight, Jiyool.  Don't worry.  Appa's here.  I won't leave you."  He assured her.  "Good night, Appa."  She replied and closed her eyes. 

However, 15 minutes had passed and Jiyool still hadn't fallen asleep yet though her eyes were already closed.  Yunho started to sing her lullabies and gently patted her body to help her fall asleep fast.  It was until after 20 minutes that Yunho felt Jiyool drifting off to sleep.  He sang some more to be sure.  After five more minutes, Jiyool was making soft little snores.

Yunho then slowly and carefully laid down as well as he watched his daughter in peaceful sleep.  He had the urge to give her a kiss on the forehead but he fought against it as he didn't want her to wake up.  He settled to just carefully wrap a protective arm around his precious one and hoped Jiyool will sleep well until it was time for them to wake up.  He took one last look at his sleeping Jiyool before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

 

KRIIIIING.... KRIIIIING.....

 

"Yobeosaeyo?"  Yunho sleepily answered his phone.

"YAH!  Yunho!  Where are you and Jiyool?!  Changmin's here already!!!  Were you still sleeping!?"  Jaejoong shouted over the phone. 

"What ti~me is it?"  Yunho groggily asked and his head snapped to look at Jiyool because he suddenly remembered what happened during the night.   He sighed in relief when he found her still sleeping with an angelic expression.

"It's already 11AM!!!!!  I thought I clearly told you to get here before Changmin does??!?!"  Jaejoong scolded.

"Ah hyung~  Jiyool had a nightmare again."  He replied with his voice low to not wake Jiyool.

"Oh crap!  She did? Oh my poor angel...."  Jaejoong said with his voice octaves lower.  "Well, okay.  I understand.  Just get here as soon as you can and kiss Jiyool for me *And me too!! -Changmin* Well, you heard Changmin.  Okay.  Chop chop!"  And Jaejoong hang up the phone.

Yunho yawned and stretched his arms.  He was glad Jiyool slept through.  He softly kissed her forehead and carefully crept out of bed to take a shower.  I'm glad you'll have fun later at hyung's house, Jiyool baby.

 

 

[A/N]  Oooh!  Poor Jiyool.  But don't worry guys, fun  chapter coming up! ^_____^  WELCOME TO NEW READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS!

Happy holidays!!

 

@Sugarbaby - Isn't she the cuteeest? :D

@falcon_07 - *Jiyool actually hugs back* O_O

@bubblybubble - Jiyool and appa are both thoughtful. :")

@candyforlove - She'd prolly pinch your cheeks too.  LOL.  Just kidding. Hmm, yeah, you got it right! ^_^

@melanarbs - Welcome to the story! :D  Don't worry, I'm glad it cracked you up. At least I know it's entertaining. ;)  oh, how old were you then?