Chapter 1

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

 

"APPA???  APPAAA!!"  The five year old Jung Jiyool was already close to tears as she ran around the mall's department store, looking for her lost Appa.  She looked left and right but she only saw rushing adults busily shopping for their Christmas gifts.  She couldn't see any sign of her Appa no matter where she went. 

"AAPPPAAAA!!!"  She wailed and started to sob and cry, earning a few glances from the passersby. 

She didn't mean to leave her Appa alone, who was then paying for the stuff he bought as Christmas presents for his DB5K brothers at the cashier.  She just got curious when she heard a drum rolling somewhere in the mall and she quickly left to check it out and told herself to just come back as soon as possible to her Appa.  But to her horror, her Appa was nowhere in sight when she came back.

"A-Appaaaaaa!!"  She started to hiccup and noticed people were already staring at her.  She felt ashamed and ran away from that place and continued to sob.  She found a corner and started to walk towards it when she felt a soft hand on her body.

"Hi, sweetheart..  Are you lost?"  A gentle voice asked her and she turned around.  She saw a very pretty lady with kind smiling eyes looking at her.  Jiyool looked at her from head to toe.  For some reason, she felt she could trust her even though her Appa said never to talk to strangers.  But what if she can help me look for my Appa?

"I l-lost m-my Appa!!"  She sobbed.  She rubbed her eyes and inhaled deeply to stop herself from crying. 

"There... There... We'll find your Appa.  Don't worry, sweetie."  The lady comforted.  Suddenly, Jiyool felt a handkerchief on her face.  She stopped rubbing her eyes and found the lady at an eye-level with her, gently wiping her tears with the hanky.  When the lady was done, she took Jiyool's hand and together they headed towards the nearest Customer Service desk.

 

Meanwhile, a man was in panic.  Jung Yunho was frantically searching for his daughter who was one minute by his side and the next mysteriously disappeared while he was paying at the Cashier.  His heart was pounding as thoughts rushed through his head.

What if somebody kidnapped my baby just to ask for some money?

What if somebody sells my little girl?

What If I never see her again, Oh God what kind of a father am I?

Oh God, I'm really sorry for my sins but please punish me in another way!  Please bring me back my baby!  Please, God.  Don't do this to me....

She must be scared by now.  My poor baby!

Lilia, you know I've been trying to be a good father to Jiyool, please help me find our daughter.  Or better yet, just stay by her side until I find her.

He wiped the bullets of sweat on his forehead with his free hand while the other tightly gripped the shopping bags.  He did a quick round of the department store and when he didn't find Jiyool, he briskwalked his way to the nearest Customer Service desk, his eyes continued wandering with the hope of seeing his baby girl.

"APPAAAAA!!!"  He heard a little voice shout when he was already near the Customer Service desk.  He immediately spun around in time to see his dear Jiyool letting go of a woman's hand and running up to him.  He dropped the shopping bags and enveloped Jiyool in a tight embrace when she flung herself in his arms.  His heart swelled up with joy but at the same time broke into pieces when he noticed Jiyool with red eyes and nose from crying.  He picked her up and continued hugging her.

"Baby!  Where did you go, huh baby?  You made Appa so worried!!!  Don't do that ever again, arasso?  God, Jiyool.  Promise Appa you won't do that again, okay?"  He peppered Jiyool with kisses while Jiyool buried her face on his neck and started sobbing again.  She knew she had been a very bad girl today and she felt really guilty for making her Appa worry.  First, she ran off without telling her Appa, 2nd she talked to a stranger!

"I'm s-sorry, Appa!  I prom-m-ise I won't do it again anymore!!  I'll be a good girl, Appa!  I'm sorry, Appa.. I love you!  P-please don't be mad, Appa."  She said with a muffled voice against his neck.  She felt tons better as Yunho smoothed her back.  "Sssh.. It's okay, now baby.  Don't cry anymore.. It's okay, it's okay.  Sssh..."  He picked up the shopping bags and it was only then he noticed the woman who brought Jiyool.

"Kamsahamnida for bringing my Jiyool."  Yunho said and bowed to the woman.  The woman gave him a kind smile and replied, "No problem.  Glad to help.  Merry Christmas!"  Jiyool, lifted her face from his father's neck and looked at the woman who helped her.  "Thank you, Merry Christmas!"  Jiyool waved at her and gave a smile despite her small hiccups.  The woman waved back and went away.

A few steps more and the woman glanced back.  She saw the father once again kissing his daughter's temple and Jiyool giving a sweet smile before as she looked up at her father.  The woman felt her heart warming at the sight.  Nothing makes her happy more than helping others and being with children.  She smiled once more and headed out of the department store.

 

 

[A/N]  Hello!  Welcome to my story! :) I'll try to post Chapter 2 today. ^_^ Please subscribe and wait for it.  MERRY CHRISTMAS!