Chapter 11

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

"Ah, don't worry.  Uncle Jaejoong will give you money if you need more."  He smiled and patted her head.  

"Eh?  But Appa said I should only use my money if I want to buy something.  That's why I saved my money, Uncle."  She replied and Jaejoong felt proud of her as if she was his own daughter.

"Okay, then.  Well, I'm sure we'll find something.  I promise."  He said and reached for Jiyool's hand.  "Now, kaja?"  He asked again and this time, Jiyool smiled and nodded her head.  And she held on to Jaejoong's hand and headed for the door.

 

YUNHO'S POV

I smiled as I watched my daughter sleep peacefully with a hint of a smile on her face. Tonight had been Christmas Eve and she insisted on giving Santa a new brand of cookies instead of the usual ones we gave him for the past years. Jiyool personally placed the cookies and milk carefully beside our fireplace after making sure that Santa would have a safe 'landing' from our chimney.  

She had trouble sleeping after that as she had been excited for '....so many things, Appa!!' Some of which she wouldn't tell me. So I told her a bedtime story and hummed a song until she finally fell asleep.  I waited an hour more to make sure she was already in deep sleep before getting up from the bed to fix her gifts. 

I silently took out the gifts from the highest drawer and crept out of the bedroom. I arranged the additional gifts beneath our Christmas tree, making sure that the gifts with her name on it were easy to find.  I then took 'Santa's gift' and placed it on the mantel because the books from her new favorite author couldn't all fit inside her Christmas stocking. But I gave her an additional gift, one that could fit inside the stocking so she wouldn't find it empty. 

Satisfied with my work, my eyes then landed on the plate of cookies. I then took it and started munching on the once-were-crunchy cookies. They had been air exposed for too long, they turned soft. However, I still ate them all and drank the milk but not forgetting to leave some cookie crumbs. Jiyool thought that they were proof that Santa had eaten them and were not just chucked into the trash bin.  I placed the empty cookie plate back to its original place and after double checking that everything was perfectly in place, I headed back to the bedroom.  

Tomorrow will surely be a fun day. 

 

-----

Jiyool slowly opened her eyes and immediately smiled once she remembered what day it was today.  She happened to glance at the window and a white blanket of snow laid before her eyes.  She gasped in amazement.  

White Christmas!!!!

"Appa!!!!"  She exclaimed and tried to get up but a pair of arms were protectively wrapped around her.  She looked at Yunho and saw him fast asleep with his mouth slightly open.  She laughed at how silly her Appa looked at the morning of Christmas.  "Appa!!  It's Christmas!!  Appa, wake up!!"  She poked his cheek and nose but he just groaned.

"Sssh baby, let me.... shleep... mor-zzzz........."  He hoarsely said and had quickly fallen back to sleep.  He had slept late last night trying to fix everything for Jiyool.  But of course, she couldn't know about it.  That was why it didn't even register to him that today was such a special day, Christmas!

"Eh?  But Appa..."  She poked his cheek twice and he released her from his arms.  She couldn't understand why her Appa was still sleepy when it's the most exciting day of the year!  She puffed her cheeks and climbed out of bed, deciding to just let her Appa sleep some more.  She went to the window and peered outside.  "Uuuuwwwaaaa!!!"  She said in awe as she watched the soft snowfall.  She rubbed the fog on the window and watched some more.

Jiyool had been staring out at the window for more than fifteen minutes when Yunho woke up.  He panicked when he realized Jiyool was not safely in his arms.  He quickly lifted his head up and saw his daughter by the window.  "Jiyool?"  He softly called.  She spun around and a grin broke on her cute little face.  

"Appa!!!!!!!!"  She quickly climbed on the bed and started jumping up and down.  "MERRY CHRISTMAS APPA!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAAAAASSS!!!"  She shouted happily before flopping down on top of Yunho.  "Umph!"  He let out a breath when Jiyool flopped on him.  "Merry Christmas, my baby Jiyooooooool!"  She then hugged him and he kissed the top of her head.  "Are you excited for today?"  He asked and she eagerly nodded her head.  "Yes, Appa!!  Very much!!"  She squealed and got up.  "Appa, we'll have our Christmas Lunch at Uncle Jaejoong's, right?  Aren't we late?  Shouldn't we get ready already, Appa?"  She asked and started to pull his hand to make him get up.  "Alright, alright baby.  But don't you wanna check what Santa gave you?  I think I heard his sleigh on the roof last night.  But I'm not sure....."  He pretended to worry and Jiyool's eyes widened.  "OMO! SANTA!!!  Let's go check, Appa!!!"  She shrieked in excitement and pulled Yunho's hand as hard as she could.

"Whoa, be careful Jiyool..."  He cautioned as she continued to drag him towards the fireplace.  Then she let go of his hand and ran towards the plate of cookies.  "OMO!  Santa came here, Appa!  Look, look!!!!!  He ate the cookies and drank the milk!!!!"  She happily pointed out.  Then her Christmas stocking caught her eyes.   "Oh!"  She reached for her stocking and felt something.  "Appa, will you please??"  She asked and Yunho took it down.  "Here, sweetie."

She immediately stuck her hand inside and felt objects.  She took them out and laid them on the table.  "Omo!!  Look Appa!!  Santa gave me many things!!"  She felt so glad that she forgot that she asked Santa for a specific gift.  For her, she was glad that Santa came to their house, went inside and ate what she prepared.

On the table were 6 book marks in different shapes and sizes and 2 book lights that you could clip on a book.  "What are these, Appa?"  She knew what the bookmarks were but she wasn't sure about the small lights.  But Yunho decided to ignore her question for the meantime.  "Oh!  Baby, look!"  He picked her up so she could see what was on the mantel.  

 

 

"Oh!  A gift!"  She stated.  "I think that's for you, sweetheart.  Go on, take it."  He gently urged and Jiyool did.  "Look, there's a letter."  He pointed to a part of a gift.

To my everdearest Jiyool, 

HOHOHO!  Merry Christmas to you!  

You have been a very good child that was why I know you will surely enjoy my gifts!  You truly deserve it!

Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and the elves also wish you a happy Christmas.  Don't worry about us, we are doing just fine.  Thank you for remembering them, dear.

Also, thank you for the picture that you sent.  It is very beautiful and is now framed inside my bedroom.       

Now continue being good to your Appa and family.  HOHOHO!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love always,

Santa Claus

PS:  The cookies were delicious!  Thank you!

 

"Ohh!  Appa!!  Santa Claus is very nice!  He said he framed my drawing and is now inside his bedroom!!!"  She gleefully said.  "Uwaaa!  Yes, he is baby.  Just like you!"  He praised and lightly pinched her nose.  "Now open Santa's gift.."  He said and he helped Jiyool carry the gift and place it on the table.  Jiyool's eyes were shining in excitement.  She bit her lip as she concentrated on carefully opening the beautifully wrapped package.  Yunho grinned as he studied his daughter.

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!  OMO OMO OMO!!  Apppaaa!!  I have a lot of books!!!"  She yelled happily as she discovered what was inside Santa's gift.  "Wooooow!  Santa is really nice.  Oh, look baby, they're all books by Song Chel.  Isn't that your favorite author?"  He asked and Jiyool eyed every book.  "Omo, Appa!  You are right!  KKKYYYAAAA!!"  She squealed in delight.  

She opened one and was surprised when she saw a message.  "Appa, somebody wrote on my book."  She said and showed it to Yunho.  He laughed and pulled Jiyool to sit on his lap.  "Jiyool, Song Chel ssi was the one who wrote this!"  

Dear Jiyool,

Hi!  Thank you so much for asking Santa for my book!  I'm really happy that you want to read them.

I hope you will enjoy!

Merry Christmas, sweetie! 

Love,

SongChel (a/n: signed in cursive)

 

"UWWWAAAAAA!!!  That's so coooool Appa!  Santa was able to speak with Aunt Ch- I mean, Song Chel ssi?????"  She asked with wide, wide, wide eyes.  Yunho's smile faltered a bit, not sure how he would reply.  He didn't even notice Jiyool's little blunder there, almost blurting out that she knew Song Chel already.  Why she wanted to keep it a secret from her father, she didn't know herself.  But she just had this feeling that it would be fun to do so.

"Errr, I don't know.. Maybe?  Heheheh...."  He replied with uncertainty.  "Well, I'll just ask her..."  She mumbled but Yunho heard her.  "Yeah, you do that, baby.  Now, let's get ready for Christmas lunch!"  He answered though he wasn't sure when Jiyool would be able to do so.  But he didn't want to break her heart by denying so he just agreed.

 

------

"Appa!  Are you sure we brought every gift??"  Jiyool asked Yunho while peeking at the pile of gifts beside her  when they reached Jaejoong's house.  She was referring to the gifts for her four uncles, two aunts and of course for her Yoojin oppa.  She was a little bit worried because she didn't have a gift for her Aunt Chel, who was also going to be there.  She thought she would just give her unlimited hugs and kisses.  Or she would make a drawing or something.

"Yes, Jiyool."  He looked at the rear view mirror and saw Jiyool frowning as she concentrated on counting the gifts for the nth time.  He chuckled.  "That's complete, baby.  Trust Appa."  By the looks of the cars parked at Jaejoong's yard, they were the last one to arrive.  They both got out of the car.  "Appa, let me help you with the gifts."  She said and stretched her arms forward so that her Appa could place the gifts on them.  Yunho was hesitant but she was persistent.  In the end, he allowed her to carry the gifts for her two aunts and Yoojin.  And together, they walked towards the front door.

Yayo, Jaejoong's wife, was the one who opened the door after they rang the bell. 

"Merry Christmas Auntie Yayooooo!!!!!"  Jiyool immediately greeted and Yayo squatted down to give her a hug.  "Merry Christmas, Yayo."  Yunho greeted as well.  "Merry Christmas, Yunho and Jiyool!  Come, everybody's at the backyard already."  She said and they placed the gifts on the gift table where the other gifts were.  Jiyool quickly ran to the backyard excitedly, not noticing who was in the living room with Yayo.

Before Yayo could introduce Yunho to her companion, he already noticed her and she was looking at him.

 

Who is she?  She looks familiar.

*

Oh, they finally arrived!

 

 

 

[A/N]  OOOOHHHHAAA! A FAST UPDATE! Yiipppee! Im quite proud. Tralalala. A few more chapters and this fic would finally be done!  :D  Thank you guys so much for reading!!! ^_^

 

WELCOME TO MY FIC, NEW SUBSCRIBERS!

 

@candyforlove- She is, indeed! :D :D

@falcon_07- DONE! ^_^ I hope you're happy, heehee!

@yunhotic - Tadaaaaan! :)