Chapter 12

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

 

"Merry Christmas Auntie Yayooooo!!!!!"  Jiyool immediately greeted and Yayo squatted down to give her a hug.  "Merry Christmas, Yayo."  Yunho greeted as well.  "Merry Christmas, Yunho and Jiyool!  Come, everybody's at the backyard already."  She said and they placed the gifts on the gift table where the other gifts were.  Jiyool quickly ran to the backyard excitedly, not noticing who was in the living room with Yayo.

Before Yayo could introduce Yunho to her companion, he already noticed her and she was looking at him.

 

Who is she?  She looks familiar.

*

Oh, they finally arrived!

 

 

Jiyool excitedly burst out the door and onto the backyard.  Yoojin, who was impatiently waiting for the arrival of the Jungs, was the first one to notice her.  "JIYOOL!!!"  He ran up to her and hugged her.  "Merry Christmas Yoojin oppa!"  She greeted against his chest.   "Merry Christmas, Jiyool!"  He greeted back and smiled to himself.  He then fixed Jiyool's cap and scarf.  It was snowing although lightly, but he didn't want her to be sick.

Yoochun and his wife, Aejae, were the next ones who came up to Jiyool to give her a big kiss and hug.  "Merry Christmas!"  They greeted each other.  Jiyool looked beyond the married couple and found her Uncle Jaejoong trying to barbeque something under the cold winter weather.  She ran up to him and yelled,

"Uncle Jaejoong!  Merry Christmaaaaaas!!!!"  She greeted happily and held her arms up, wanting to be carried.  "Oh, hello my Christmas angel, Jiyool!"  He smiled a wide smile, seeing his favorite little girl.  He picked her up and gave her a tight hug. "Merry Christmas, angel!"  He said and kissed her temple.  Jiyool then felt a tap on her arm.  She lifted up her face from Jaejoong's neck.

"Uncle MINMIN!!!!  Merry Christmaaaaas!!!!!"  She also greeted him gladly and launched herself from Jaejoong's arms to Changmin's.  "You're getting heavier, Jiyool!  But it's okay, Merry Kurisumasu!"  He emphasized each syllable making Jiyool laugh and hug him the same way she hugged her Uncle Jaejoong.

After a minute, Jiyool felt another tap on her shoulder.  She looked up from Changmin's neck to find out who it was.  When she did, her face warmed.

"Oh, hi Uncle Junsu...  M-merry Christmas....."  She softly said, almost whispering the greeting, then she buried her face back in Changmin's neck in shyness.  "EUKYANGKYANG!!"  Junsu laughed with his head thrown back at Jiyool's reaction.  Changmin also chuckled and Jiyool felt more shy.  It was no surprise to the two because they both know that Jiyool is fond of her Uncle Junsu in a different way.  

"Merry Christmas, sweet Jiyoolie~"  He replied and Jiyool peeked at him.  "Now, why won't you give Uncle Junsu a hug too?"  He asked and Jiyool hesitatingly took her arms from her Uncle Changmin and then gave her Uncle Junsu a hug.  Junsu pulled her away from Changmin so he was the one already carrying Jiyool, her arms wrapped around his neck, her cheek on his shoulder, and a cute little smile on her face.

 

Yayo purposely offered to wait for Yunho and Jiyool at the living room, telling her childhood friend, Chel, to accompany her.  Yayo wanted Chel and Yunho to meet again as soon as possible.  She was already a fan of the two being a couple.  She wanted her friend to finally find a very good man and she wanted Yunho to have a wife again and Jiyool, to finally have a mother figure in her life once again.  She thought that Chel was the best candidate.  So imagine her delight when she found Yunho staring at Chel and vice versa.

“Yunho!  I see you found my very pretty childhood friend here.”  She said and beckoned Chel, who was already smiling at him, to come over.  “Hi, Yunho-ssi.  It’s nice to see you again.”  Chel said and offered her hand for a handshake.  Yunho however, looked confused but shook her hand.  Again?  So that is why she looks familiar.  But where???

Yayo noticed Yunho’s confused expression while he shook her hand.  Before he could ask who Song Chel was, she introduced again, hoping to make him remember who she was.  “Yunho, this is my friend, Song Chel.  Chel, this very fine man is Jung Yunho.  Jiyool’s dad.  But I see you two already know each other.”

It was only after a couple of seconds before it dawned unto Yunho who the lady was.  His face light up in happiness.   “Oh!!!!!!  Song Chel-ssi!!!  You’re the author right?  We met yesterday during the booksigning.  Aigoo YAH!   My daughter will really be happy to meet you!!!”  He exclaimed, his voice going higher and higher with excitement.  He was really excited for Jiyool to finally meet her new favorite author.  He turned towards the back door and shouted, “JIIIIIIIIYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!”  He earned a slap on the arm and a stern look from Yayo while Chel was just giggling politely.

“YAH!”  Yayo scolded and Yunho got embarrassed.  He realized that he was still holding on to Chel’s hand (but deep inside, Yayo was happy) and he just shouted on top of his lungs, probably damaging both of the ladies’ ears.  He immediately apologized and let go of her hand.

“Y-yes, Appa?”  Jiyool asked.  She was panting from running as soon as she heard her Appa’s call.  Her hands were resting on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.  Yoojin was following closely behind.  “Hi Uncle Yunho!  Merry Christmas!”  He greeted with a wave and bow but Yunho didn’t notice.

“Jiyool!!!  Look who’s here!!!  It’s your favorite author, Song Chel-ssi!!!!”  He joyfully introduced and Jiyool, who also had her eyes closed then due to tireness, immediately stood up straight and found her Aunt Chel smiling down at her.  Her eyes widened in happiness.

“AUNT CHEEEEEEEL!!!!”  She shouted and ran towards Chel whose arms were waiting for her hug.  Yunho gasped at Jiyool’s bold action.  “No, Jiyool!”  He tried to grab her before she reached Chel but his grip missed.  “Hi Jiyool!  Merry Christmas!”  She greeted and kissed the little girl’s cheek.  “Merry Christmas, Aunt Chel!!  Oh!  Oh!  I’m so glad you came, Aunt Chel!”  She replied and also gave her a kiss.

Yunho, who was shocked by the two girls’ actions, came to his senses.  “I’m sorry, Chel-ssi.  My daughter usually is a behaved girl.  She was just excited to finally meet her favorite author.”  He apologized and tried to take his daughter from the author’s arms. 

“Oh, it’s okay, Yunho-ssi.  Jiyool and I are really close now, right sweetie?” She asked Jiyool as she tickled her tummy and Jiyool burst into giggles.  “Right, Aunt Chel.  I’m glad you and Appa met again.”  She said and Yunho scratched his head in puzzlement.

“But Jiyool, how did you know that Chel-ssi and I met already?”  he asked in nervousness and gulped.  Had her smart daughter already figured out that it was him all along and there was really no Santa Claus?  But he was really sure last night that Jiyool was in deep sleep before he did everything.  And he had been very careful!

“Appa, don’t you remember?  She was the kind lady at the mall!”  She explained.

“Huh?  What?”  He asked and scratched his head as he tried to remember.

“Aaaa-ppaaaa!  When I got lost at the mall, remember?  I heard drums playing so I went and then I got lost and then Aunt Chel found me crying and then we walked and then we saw you standing somewhere and then I called you and then I ran to you and then you picked me up and then-“  She babbled and Yunho finally remembered.  It was that unfortunate incident when he lost Jiyool while he was paying at the cashier.

“OMO! WAS IT YOU!?  Chel-ssi, I’m so sorry I didn’t get to thank you properly that day.  Thank you so much for finding my daughter.  We were both at the counter paying for the items and when I done, she was gone!  Thank God you found her and brought her back to me.”  He hated that painful and sad incident.   Unconsciously, he reached for his daughter and hugged her tightly.

“Now, you remember Appa?”  Jiyool was glad that Yunho finally remembered.  She had noticed before that her appa has a not-so-good memory so she learned to always tell every detail and explain so that he would remember.

“Yes, baby.  But still, it’s not polite to just go and hug somebody whom you just met.  They might not like it or they might not be comfortable with it.  So don’t do it again, okay?”  he gently lectured and Jiyool nodded.

“It’s okay, Yunho-ssi. I’m glad I found Jiyool.  She is such a sweetheart.  And don’t worry about the hug.  Like I said before, we’re friends already.  We had already talked about a lot with each other last time I was here and-“

“Eh?  So you and Jiyool already met again after the incident at the mall?  You mean here?”  He asked.  There had already been a lot of revelations for him today.

“Yup!  I think it was the day before the booksigning event.  If I’m not mistaken.”  She said and smiled at Jiyool. 

“Oooooooh.”  He said as he put 2 and 2 together.  So that was how Jiyool came to know about Song Chel-ssi and her books.  He thought.  Suddenly, he felt a tug on his winter coat.  He looked down and saw Yoojin.

“Uncle Yunho, are you mad at me?  Why do you keep ignoring me?  I greeted you Merry Christmas but you ignored me.”  He asked as he looked up at him with a frown.  Getting on his Uncle Yunho’s bad side was never a good thing.  However, Yunho was actually surprised with his statement.  He didn’t even know that Yoojin was in the same room as them.

“Oh, I’m sorry Yoojin.  Uncle Yunho didn’t mean to ignore you.  Merry Christmas, Yoojin!”  He smiled warmly at the boy and ruffled his hair.  Yoojin then smiled back at him.  Yunho also noticed that Yayo was already nowhere in sight.  He had been so engrossed with the conversation that he didn’t notice when she left.  And it was only then he realized that he hadn’t seen the others yet.  Chel seemed to read his mind.

“I think the others are already waiting for you at the backyard.”  She stated and smiled at him.  Her smile was so pretty that Yunho quickly smiled in return.  He put Jiyool on the ground and the four of them, Yoojin included, went to the backyard.

 

 

 

[A/N]  Hello! ^_^ How are you guys?  HAPPY EASTER!  Who's your favorite honey funny bunny?  Well, mine is no surprise... IT'S YUNHO! <3

 

@candyforlove- Haha, you're right!  They did meet again, and now Yunho knows that she was that lady from the mall! Thank you so much for always commenting. <3

@Chris181- Haha, sorry if I had to cut it. But I wanted the element of surprise, lol! :D :D

@aejae22- omo, jinjja? Aww, well im sure Yoomi gets a visit every Christmas. TEehee! Ah, your pare's memory is just...XD

@chocolate- Hi Chocolate!  I have to say, I really like your username. Haha. Thank you for commenting! :D - Santa Yunhohohoho!

@piggy624- I hop;e this was soon enough. ^___^

@yoyojiji- Yupyup!  That's correct, majayo!  Haha. Updated now. Yey! :)

@yunhotic- Thank youuuu!  To be honest, I think Jiyool had her father's memory.  I think she forgot why she did so in the 1st place..ack!

@missinbetween- Aww, thank you so much for loving my story!  And thank you for commenting! :)

@OnewxChicken4ever- Such a clever kid, eh? ;)

@falcon_07- Well, next Jiyool would know what her gifts are! ^____^