Chapter 6

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

"We were playing Hide and Seek and-"  He was expaining but Jae cut him off.

"WHY DID YOU AGREE?!  YOU KNOW SHE'S GOOD IN HIDING!"  Jae scanned a room with his eyes.  "Jiyool??"  He asked but there was no response.

"How long has it been?"  Jaejoong inquired and Changmin gulped in nervousness.

"U-uhm.. Half an hour...?"  He meekly replied.

"SHIM CHANGMIN!!!!"  Jaejoong widened his eyes at Changmin.  It had already been 30 minutes and counting?!!?

"I know!!  But her face.. I couldn't..." Min tried once again to explain.

"JIYOOL!  Game's over, angel!  Come out now!"  Jaejoong shouted but there was still no response.

"Hyung, i'm scared...."  Changmin bit his nails.

"You should be!"  Jaejooong snapped.

 

The two men were already sweating in nervousness.  They had been searching for almost 15 minutes now but to no avail.  "JIYOOL!?"  Jaejoong and Changmin rapidly searched Jaejoong's huge house.  Jiyool, who had fallen asleep in her hiding place, woke up to the sound of her Uncle Minmin and Uncle Joongie's frantic voices. 

Ooh!!!  Uncle Jaejoong joined our game!!!  Jiyool happily thought and giggled.  Oops!!!  She covered and giggled quietly.  She brought her knees to her chest while lying down and made sure not a part of her body could be seen.  But then curiosity got the best of her so she decided to peek a little and sat up.

CLING!!! CLING!!!

"What was that?!?"  Jaejoong asked as he and Changmin faced the source of the sound.  Jiyool gasped as they started walking closer and closer to her hiding place.  Omo!!  Omo!! Omo!!  "Eep!!!"  She squealed and dove right back under her hiding area and quickly covered her face.  Her heart was pounding as she awaited what would happen next.

"JIYOOL!!!!!!"  Jaejoong and Changmin shouted as they found her underneath the Christmas tree and its ornaments and bells.  Jiyool looked up at them and saw their horror-stricken faces.  She didn't have time to react as Jaejoong immediately picked her up from the floor and he and Changmin dusted off Jiyool and her clothes from the glitters that had fallen from the Christmas tree's decorations. 

"Are you okay?  Have you been hiding there all this time?!"  Changmin asked as he took off a few ornament pieces from her hair.  "Jiyool... Let's  just play something else, alright?"  Jaejoong said and Jiyool nodded.  Jaejoong then left to get a wet towel to clean her with.

"I fell asleep from waiting, Uncle Minmin!!  It was a good hiding place, wasn't it?"  She boasted and Changmin couldn't help but smile.  "Yes, it was Jiyool.  But never do that again, okay?  Good thing the Christmas tree didn't tip over.  What if it squished you, huh?  And the gifts, your Uncle Jaejoong would've gotten mad if you broke them.  So let's just play something else, okay?"  He asked and poked her nose.  Jaejoong arrived with the towel and proceeded to wipe her face. 

"Aigoo~ angel.  You've got glitter all over you.  What will your Appa say if he sees you like this?"  He asked and continued to clean her face.  Then he wiped her arms and hands.  "I'm sorry for hiding underneath your Christmas tree, Uncle Jaejoong..."  Jiyool apologized sincerely after thinking about what her Uncle Minmin had said. 

"It's okay, angel.  Hey, I heard you can make yummy Play-doh burgers?  Why don't you make some burgers now?"  Jaejoong suggested and Jiyool grinned.  Of course she will!!!!  "Yes, Uncle Joongie!!!  I'll make lotsa burgers for you and Uncle Minmin!!!"  She exclaimed and raised her arms up in excitement.  The two men laughed in fondness.  Then they helped her jump off a stool where they placed her.  "Please wait a little bit!!"  She happily ran to where her new box of Play-doh was.

"Aigoo~  I'm glad we found Jiyool.  How did she even think of hiding there?"  Changmin wondered aloud and inspected the space where they found Jiyool.  "That's why you, young man, should never play Hide and Seek with her.  You should have known better!!"  Jaejoong scolded.  "But I couldn't say no to her.... She looked at me with that cute little angelic face.  I didn't want to be the reason of her disappointed face!"  Changmin reasoned.  "Aish!  FIne!  But next time, suggest another game instead, got it?"  He asked and Changmin nodded.

DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!! DING DONG!!!

"Who the heck is that?!  COMIIIING!!!"  Jaejoong shouted, quite annoyed at the rapid successive pressing of his doorbell.  He and Changmin went to the door and he opened it.  They immediately felt a shove on their legs as a kid came running inside his house. 

 

 

"YOOJIIIIIIN!!!!"  Yoochun yelled at his seven-year old son.  "Where's Jiyool, Uncle Joong?  JIYOOL!! JIYOOL!! JIYOOOOOL!!!!"  They heard Yoojin shout as he ran away to search for her.  "Sorry about that, hyung.  We met Yunho hyung at the mall and told us that Jiyool is here.  And you know Yoojin when it comes to Jiyool......."  Yoochun trailed off and the three men chuckled.  Indeed, they knew Jiyool has Yoojin wrapped around her finger. 

"It's alright, come in!  Is Aejae with you?"  Jaejoong asked Yoochun about his wife.  "Nope, Aejae has something to do today, so it's a father-son day for us."  Yoochun answered.  Suddenly, they heard Jiyool's shriek.  "YOOJIN OPPA!!"  followed by a burst of laughter.  They hurriedly went to the children and found Yoojin trying to carry Jiyool.

"Yoojin!!"  Jaejoong gasped and Yoojin put Jiyool down.  "Hello Uncle Chuuun!"  She ran up to Yoochun and he picked her up.  "Hello there, cutie!"  Yoochun greeted and kissed her cheek.  He then felt a thug on his jacket.  He looked down and found his son glaring up at him.  "Appa put her down!!!!"  Yoojin commanded.  "YAH!!!  Jiyool's not yours!"  Yoochun exclaimed and stuck his tongue out at his son making Yoojin glare at him more.

"Now, now.....  Jiyool was making burgers before the both of you came.  Let her finish, arasso?"  Changmin said as he took Jiyool and put her down.  "Really, really Jiyool?  Will you make one for me too, Jiyool?"  Yoojin excitedly asked and Jiyool nodded.  "Sure oppa!  But i'm not done yet...."  Jiyool answered and continued to 'make' tomatoes.  "Do you want me to help you??  I can cut for you!!"  Yoojin took the Play-doh knife and proceeded to cut the dough of clay into small pieces for Jiyool. 

"Well, the kids are busy now.  Do you want to eat?  We still have some Carbonara I made for Jiyool."  Jaejoong offered and the three men went to the dining hall after making sure that the kids would be okay.  A few minutes more and Jiyool, together with Yoojin, took the plates of burgers to the three men.

"Here you go, Uncle Joong, Uncle Minmin and Uncle Chun.  I'm sorry if the other burgers are color violet and blue.  I ran out of Play-doh."  Jiyool shyly said and hid behind Yoojin after giving the burgers.  "Oooh, you're the sweetest little girl!!!!"  Yoochun praised and pinched her cheek.  "Uwaaa! They look yummy!  Thank you, Jiyool!!"  Changmin exclaimed.  "Ah, I'm your favorite uncle, right Jiyool?  I have one more burger than the others and it is pink!!"  Jaejoong smiled.  "NO!  That one's mine!"  Yoojin quickly snatched the pink burger from his plate and the three men chuckled.  "Hmph!  Come on, Jiyool.  Let's go.."  Yoojin took her hand and pulled her away from them.  "Thanks again Jiyool!!!"  The three men shouted after them.  "You're welcome, Uncles!!!"  She replied as she looked back at them.

"Yoojin Oppa, thank you for helping me make the burgers."  Jiyool sweetly smiled and hugged Yoojin and his face turned into bright red.  "You're welcome, Jiyool."  He replied and he hugged her back.  He felt proud and giddy that Jiyool hugged him first.  He kissed the side of her head and hugged her tigher.

"Ah!  Oppa!  I can't breathe!!"  She laughed a little and wriggled out of his arms.  Then she started fixing her Play-doh set.  "Oh, you're putting everything back, already?  Here, let me help you."  Yoojin took Jiyool by the shoulders and guided her to a seat.  "Just sit there and rest.  I'll do everything."  Yoojin stated.  "But why, oppa?  Appa said I should fix my own toys after."  Jiyool could clearly remember her Appa sternly telling her to put everything back in their own place after playing with them.  It was after Yunho stepped on a silver jackstone and it stuck to his foot.

"W-well, I-I'm the Appa!"  Yoojin declared and jutted his chin out.  "Appa???"  Jiyool tilted her head and her face scrunched up.  "Y-yes.  And... Uhm... You're the O-omma."  He stated and he nervously looked at her reaction.  "Omma???"  She asked and her face scrunched more.  Yoojin thought she looked soooooo adorable at the moment despite her confusion of the situation. 

"Yes."  He answered and held his breath.  "Oh.  Okay, Oppa.  Thank you!"  Jiyool smiled and sat.  Yoojin was shocked.  He couldn't believe she agreed to him just like that!!  Jiyool on the other hand, noticed that her Yoojin oppa was 'determined' to 'clean and fix her Play-doh set' so she agreed, not wanting to disappoint him.  Oppa must've really wanted my Play-doh burger set, he even said he is Appa!!!  She giggled to herself.  She didn't know her Oppa likes Play-doh.  Good thing she chose that toy!!!!

Did my Jiyool just giggle????  Yoojin thought as he glanced at her.  Is she happy that I'm the Appa and she's the Omma?  His eyes widened at the possibility then grinned and also let out a small giggle.  I'm glad we saw Uncle Yunho at the mall!!!!!!!  He thought as he put everything away.  I'll just get Uncles' burgers later for Jiyool.

 

KRIIIIIING!!!  KRIIIIIING!!

Jaejoong:  Yobeosaeyo?  Yunho?

Yunho:  Hyung!!  How's my Jiyool?  Is she okay?  Where is she?  And oh, I met Yoo-

J:  Yoojin and Chun are here already.  And don't worry, Jiyool's safe and sound.  We just played Hid- I mean, her Play-Doh.

Y:  Okay, good!  But wait..... They're there already!?  THAT FAST?!  But i just talked to them!!!! 

J:  You know Yoojin when it comes to Jiyool.....

Y:  That kid!  He better not take advantage of my Jiyool!!!  My Jiyool's too young for marriage!!! Where's Jiyool by the way?  What is she doing?  Why is she not with you??!

J:  Yunho, can you hear yourself?!  THEY'RE KIDS!!!!  Sheesh!! Anyway, Jiyool's still busy playing with the Play-doh.  Wait, I'll go get her.

Y:  No, no.. It's okay.  Let her play.  I don't think I can go home soon.  I still have to buy more for her.  And oh, did she mention what gift she wants from Santa?  I forgot to ask her.

J:  Will you do something with your forgetfulness!?  Anyway, I'll ask her.  You go do your shopping and don't worry about Jiyool.

Y:  I'll try not to.  Please don't let her starve.  She'll prolly be hungry in an hour or so.

J:  YAH!!! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF ME!?  Of course I won't!!!!!  And her baked mac is already in the oven.  It'll be ready by then.

Y:  Okay, good.  Thanks hyung!!!  See yah!!

J:  Okay.  Well....take care.

Y:  I will!  Take care of Jiyool!

J:  Aish!! I will!  Okay!  BYE!! *hangs up*

 

After he hung up on Yunho, he felt a poke on his leg.  He looked down and saw Yoojin.  "Yes, Yoojin?"  He asked and squatted down.  "Uncle, are you done with the burgers?  Coz I'll take it now if you are."  Yoojin replied and looked at him expectantly.  "Well, err... Yeah, I'm done.  Thank you.  Where's Jiyool?"  Jaejoong asked and peeked behind Yoojin.  "She's fine Uncle, don't worry.  I was taking care of her!"  The little one defensively said.  "Okay, okay... I was just checking.. Look after Jiyool, okay?  Don't let her eat the clay."  He reminded.  "UNCLE!! Jiyool's smart!!! She won't do that!!!!"  Yoojin got annoyed at his Uncle and glared at him.  My Jiyool's not stupid, hmp!!  "Okay... Okay!!  I was just reminding you."  Jaejoong replied with his hands up.  Yoojin nodded and left him without a word.  Jeeez.  Kids these days.... He thought and shook his head.

As he stood up, he heard the front door open and close.  "Honeeey!!!"  Yayo, his wife, called out.  He grinned and rushed up to meet her.  There stood his beautiful wife, with her childhood friend beside her.  "Jagiii~"  Jaejoong sweetly said and kissed Yayo. 

Oh!! Oh!! Oh!!!  Aunt Yayo's home!!!!  Jiyool hurried her way to the door, almost knocking Yoojin off balanced.  She loves her Aunt Yayo a lot.  Mainly because Yayo and her are close, treating each other as Mother and Daughter.  "Aunt Yayoooooo!!!!"  She shouted as she leapt to her arms. 

"Hello my Jiyool!!"  She hugged her.  Surprisingly, Yayo didn't pick up Jiyool.  She only hugged her.  Jiyool hugged back and rested her head on her shoulder.  As she did so, she noticed there was another person beside them.  Her eyes travelled from the person's heels, legs, tummy, chest, and finally, to the person's face.  Jiyool squinted her eyes as she studied the woman's face....and GASPED.

"OMO!"  Jiyool exclaimed and lifted her head from Yayo's shoulder to look up at the woman.  "You're the woman from the mall!!!!!!"

 

 

 

[A/N]  Update!! Sorry it took so long. Anyways... :D

 

@somelove - Aww, im sorry to hear about your mom. :( And thank you for such comment. :) You made me smiiiiiile! Im glad this relaxes you. :D  LOL about Jae not having kids.  Poor man, for sure this wont ever happen in real life! :D :D

@melanarbs - Eep! you were really young then. No wonder you appa got frantic.  Did you get distrated too?

@candyforlove - Oh Jiyool, how could you hide like that?!  Well, cuz she has such a small body she could fit anywhere. haha.

@OnewxChicken4ever - Ooh, Changmin learned his lesson~ Do that kinds of dreams bother you?

@aejae22 - i love your series of comments! :) Well, ikaw na ang magaling magbasa ng fic, getsmo! haha!

@Xcassie4lifeX - Are you  a psychic or something? you got it right! :D

 

THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS! <3