Chapter 3

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

"Appa, we'll go to Uncle Jaejoong's house tomorrow, right?" Jiyool asked Yunho as she climbed on his bed in her Micky Mouse pajamas given by her Uncle Yoochun last Christmas. She's excited about seeing and playing her new toy with her uncles tomorrow so she was making sure her Appa remembers. 

"Yes, baby. Uncle Jaejoong said we should head over there before lunch time. He'll be making your favoriiiiiiite~!" He said in a sing-song voice and tickled her tummy. Jaejoong told him they better get there before Changmin does or else they'd only be eating plates. 

"Kyaaaa~~~! APPAAAA!!! Ahahahahahaaaa!! Apppaaaa!!!!" Jiyool squealed in delight and laughed her heart out. Yunho then laughed as well, seeing how happy his daughter was at the moment despite being having a sole parent.  His wife and the love of his life, Lilia, passed away when Jiyool was just a year old and a half due to heart failure. His eyes got sad for a second but was quickly replaced with love for Jiyool as he saw her cute smile. He affectionitely kissed her cheek. With Lilia gone, Jiyool became the apple of his eye, his world, his life.

"Okay, time to sleep baby... We'll wake up early tomorrow and have fun at Uncle Jaejoong's." Yunho informed and fluffed her pillow. He helped her lie down and then after making sure she's comfortable, he pulled the covers on the both of them.  "Sleep tight and well, baby. Good night. We love you.  Don't forget to say your prayers." Yunho kissed the top of Jiyool's head and pulled her close to him. He never forgot to always let Jiyool know that her Omma loved her very much. He was certain that if Lilia was still with them,  she'd be loving Jiyool as much as he loves her.

"Goodnight.  I love you too, Appa. Thank you for today and for my new Play Doh and for my ice cream. Im sorry for being bad today." She said the last sentence with small voice and kissed Yunho's cheek then snuggled to him. "You're welcome my baby.  Forget about what happened, arasso?  Just don't do it again."  He whispered and he felt her nod her head and she became silent.  He knew she was saying her prayers. 

A few minutes passed, Jiyool's head drooped and her breathing became even.  Yunho who waited for Jiyool to fall asleep first, followed her into Dreamland.

 

"Hi Sweetheart!"  A very beautiful woman, a mother-like figure, greeted Jiyool while she was playing with her favorite stuffed Pooh bear.  Jiyool looked up and her face lit up as she saw her. 

"Helloooo Lily-ssi!!!"  Jiyool shouted and ran towards her.  'Lily' opened her arms and Jiyool ran into them.  The two embraced for a minute before Lily let her go.  "I missed you, Lily-ssi. Where have you been?"  Jiyool inquired as Lily sat her on her lap.  "Oh, I've been busy.  I've been watching over this little cute girl." Lily replied as she tuck a lock of Jiyool's hair behind her ear.

"Oh."  Jiyool looked down.  She somehow doesn't like that fact that her 'Lily-ssi' gives another little girl her attention that her time with Jiyool had been taken away.  Lily noticed it and chuckled.  She kissed Jiyool's temple and tickled her which made Jiyool laugh and beam up at her.

"That's better.  I love it when you smile, Jiyool.  You are so pretty like a blooming tulip."  She praised the little girl.  "Now, tell me how your day went."  She said and Jiyool animatedly told her how her day went, complete with hand actions and eye expressions. 

"But you know, Lily-ssi..  When I saw Appa, I cried again because Appa worried about me and I felt sorry for him.  But I also became really scared of losing Appa.  I love Appa so much.  I was afraid he would get really mad at me.  But he didn't!  And oh, oh!!! You know what happened after that?????"  Jiyool asked and waited for Lily to respond with expectant eyes.

"No, sweetheart.  What happened after that?"  Lily asked.  Jiyool was glad that Lily was really interested in her story.  "Appa brought me to Leeteukie ahjussi's ice cream store!!!  Do you remember Leeteuk ahjussi?  I mentioned him before."  Jiyool waited for Lily and Lily nodded with a smile.  Satisfied that she remembered, Jiyool continued.

"And so we went to the ice cream store and Appa said I can have two scoops!  But at that time I wanted to eat three *holds up three fingers* flavors.  But I remembered what Appa said so I had a hard time choosing!  You see, I wanted Mango, Strawberry or Mocha.  But which two flavors?  And something happened!  Do you know what happened next???"  Jiyool asked Lily who just chuckled and shook her head.  "No, what happened sweetheart?"  She asked.

"Leeteuk ahjussi had a promo that day!!!  He said I had a red nose and he had a promo for kids who had red nose.  I don't know why though.  Maybe because it was Christmas and Rudolph had red nose?  Anyway, for kids who had red nose, they could get ice-cream for free if they choose three flavors!!!!  I was so excited but then I remember Appa.  I told him about it.  He refused at first but then Leeteukie ahjussi convinced him!! I was so happy that I'd get three scoops.  Appa said we'd share.  Oh, Lily-ssi you know when our ice cream came?  The ice cream scoops were THIS *demonstrates* TALL!  I was glad I shared it with Appa.  But Appa took a huge bite of my ice cream it became this *demonstrates* SMALL.  But it was okay.  I'm glad Appa allowed me to have three scoops.  But I think Leeteukie ahjussi saw it and he came over.  He was scary he was mad at Appa for biting bigly* at my icecream so I told him that it was okay.  Oh Lily-ssi the ice cream was so yummy!  Have you ever had ice cream before???  Oh right, I just remembered you told me you love ice cream like me *giggles*.  Which flavor you like most, Lily-ssi?"  Jiyool asked after blabbering about her day.

"I like strawberry and mango."  Lily-ssi replied with a soft hug.  "Ooh!  We're the same!"  Jiyool squealed with happiness and she clapped her hands.  Through her conversations with Lily-ssi, Jiyool found out they have many common traits.  She wondered though if the other little girl had any common traits with HER Lily-ssi.

Lily suddenly chuckled.  Unknown to Jiyool, Lily could perfectly hear what was on her mind.  Oh, Jiyool baby.  If you only know that I was talking about you.  She kissed Jiyool's nose lovingly. 

"And ooh!! Ooh!! Ooh!! I almost forgot, Lily-ssi!!! Appa bought me Play-doh burger set!!!  First I wanted to have a gun but Appa said they're bad and violint* and the arrow and the sword. So I asked Appa for a bicycle but he said I could get hurt so I chose Play-doh instead."  Jiyool narrated.

"Ah, your Appa is right, Jiyool.  Guns, swords and arrows, knives are bad.  They can hurt people.  You don't wanna hurt people, right?  *Jiyool shakes her head*  Good girl.  And for the bicycle *sighs* don't worry Jiyool, you'll get to ride one in the future.  In the meantime,  why don't you make me a few burgers?"  Lily asked and Jiyool immediately got off her lap with a big smile, placed her Pooh bear on a seat and made 'extra-special burgers' for her 'Lily-ssi'.

Lily smiled a sad smile as she watched Jiyool prepare the burgers.  But she was grateful she could still get to spend time with her.  Jiyool looked back at her to see if she was still there and smiled.  "Just a few minutes more, Lily-ssi."

"It's okay, Jiyool sweetheart.  Take your time."  A couple of minutes passed and Jiyool served six small cute burgers to Lily on a plate.  "I'm sorry it's only six, Lily-ssi.  I ran out of Play-doh." Jiyool pouted.  She knew those six burgers wouldn't satisfy Lily-ssi.  What if the other little girl gives Lily-ssi more burgers???  Then Lily-ssi would play with that other little girl more than with her.  She frowned.

"Oh, Jiyool.  These all look so yummy!! *pretends to take a bite*  Oh they're so delicious!  Come here and I'll give you a big Thank-you hug and kiss!" Lily cooed and Jiyool ran to her arms.  Lily embraced Jiyool with all her love and care for the little girl and gave her a kiss on the head.  Jiyool felt so happy and  safe, she wrapped her arms on Lily-ssi and hugged her tightly as well.  They they played and played. 

"Jiyool sweetheart, after what happened today, what lesson did you learn?"  Lily asked Jiyool after playing.  They were lying down on a mat to rest.

"I learned that it's bad to leave Appa without telling him and that bad toys are bad."  Jiyool answered and played with her fingers.  She didn't know if her answer was right and she wanted to impress Lily-ssi. 

"And..?"  Lily pressed on.

"I should....trust Appa and love him forever and ever!"  Jiyool yelled as she put her arms up.

"That's right, Jiyool sweetheart."   Lily looked outside the window and felt sad.  it was time to go.

"Jiyool sweetheart, come here."  Lily motioned for Jiyool to climb on her lap.  Then she hugged and kissed the little girl hoping that the little girl would remember her love and care.  "Always take care of yourself, okay?  Listen to your Appa and try not to make him worry anymore.  Don't forget to pray to God and last, enjoy your Christmas, okay sweetie?"  Lily kissed her cheek once again.

"Yes, Lily-ssi...  Is it time for you to go again?"  Jiyool asked, her tears starting to pool in her eyes.  Jiyool hates it whenever Lily-ssi leaves.  She hates it.  She truly hates it and it makes her feel really sad.  She didn't know when Lily-ssi would come visit her again.

"Yes, sweetheart..  Aww, don't cry.. Sssh.. i'll visit soon again.. Ssshhh.."  Lily comforted as Jiyool started bawling.  She smoothed her back and rocked her back and forth.

"Can't I tell Appa about you?  Do i still n-need to k-k-keep you a s-secret?"  Jiyool sobbed.  Lily nodded.  "Yes sweetheart.  if you tell him about me, I might never visit you again."  She softly replied and Jiyool cried louder.

"Okay, I w-won't.  Promise visit me s-soon Lily-ssi?"  Jiyool asked and looked at the lady with sad eyes.

"Yes, sweetheart.  I promise.  Merry Christmas, Jiyool.  Thank you for the burgers."  Lily hugged Jiyool and smiled sadly.

"M-merry Christmas!"  Jiyool continued to sob and put her face on Lily's neck.

 

Yunho woke up when he heard somebody whimpering and sobbing.  He quickly sat up and the lamp when he realized it was Jiyool. 

Oh no, her nightmares are back.  He worriedly thought as he gently shook Jiyool awake.

 

 

 

 

[A/N]  Sorry to keep you waiting!  How was everybody's Christmas? :D