Chapter 5

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

"Oh crap!  She did? Oh my poor angel...."  Jaejoong said with his voice octaves lower.  "Well, okay.  I understand.  Just get here as soon as you can and kiss Jiyool for me *And me too!! -Changmin* Well, you heard Changmin.  Okay.  Chop chop!"  And Jaejoong hang up the phone.

Yunho yawned and stretched his arms.  He was glad Jiyool slept through.  He softly kissed her forehead and carefully crept out of bed to take a shower.  I'm glad you'll have fun later at hyung's house, Jiyool baby.

 

Jiyool woke up and sleepily rubbed her eyes.  She remembered Lily-ssi but then also remembered that today they're going to her Uncle Joongie's house to play.  She grinned because she knew it was gonna be a fun day!  She looked beside her and found the space empty.  That was when she heard the shower running from the bathroom.  She snuggled into the pillow beside her and went back to sleep.

When Yunho stepped out of the bathroom, he was relieved to find Jiyool still asleep.  He was still in his bathrobe when he woke Jiyool up to give her a bath.  After he dressed Jiyool (who chose pants and shirt once again making Yunho sigh), he got dressed as well.

 

  

 

"Ready baby?"  Yunho asked Jiyool, who was carrying her box of Play-doh.  He triple-checked his (Jiyool's) bag:  biscuits (not that she'd need it), water, cap/hat, first-aid kit, towels, extra clothes (in case she gets sweaty from playing), handkerchief,  poweder, comb, tissues/baby wipes and her miniature Pooh bear.

"Yes, Appa!!!"  She excitedly replied and held on to his hand on their way to the car.  Yunho buckled her up on the passenger's seat, placed her Play-doh on the backseat as well as the bag.  Then he double-checked the seatbelt and adjusted it to Jiyool's comfort.  He kissed the top of her head and sat at the driver's seat.  And off they went to Jaejoong's house while singing nursery rhymes playing from the stereo.

 

"Uncle Joongiieee!!"  Jiyool greeted happily when Jaejoong opened the door.  "Hello there little angel!" Jaejoong bent down to pick up Jiyool and Yunho gave a smile. "Hey hyung!  Sorry we're late."  He apologized as they went inside.  "It's okay.  I cuffed Changmin's hands.  Oh Jiyool, I cooked your fav-"  Jaejoong was cut when Jiyool yelled, "UNCLE MINMIN!!!!!!"  She wriggled out of Jaejoong's arms and ran towards Changmin who just came out of the kitchen.  Jaejoong could only scratch his head.

"Sorry about that, hyung."  Yunho apologized while laughing.  "Aish!  Oh well.  I'm glad she's happy.  What happened last night?"  Jaejoong asked with concern as their eyes followed the two kids, AKA Jiyool and Changmin, who were on their way to the dining table.  Jiyool was already telling her Uncle Minmin about the 'burgers'.

"As usual, she was crying in her sleep when I woke up.  When she woke up, she asked me not to leave her.  Hyung, she wouldn't tell me about her nightmare. But I could tell she was really troubled.  Hyung, it makes me so frustrated seeing my daughter in that state.  I thought the nightmares stopped already but there it was again last night.  Hyung, I don't know what to do!!!!!!!"  Yunho cried out in frustration as he remembered how Jiyool pleaded at him and how sad and scared she was.  Jaejooong frowned in worry as well.

"Don't worry, Yunho.  She'll get over this 'childhood phase' thing sooner or later.  I'm 100% sure about that.  Maybe she was stressed yesterday?  You guys went to the mall for a toy, right?"  Jaejoong wondered and Yunho's eyebrows raised.

"Now that I think about it....yesterday Jiyool got lost while I was paying at the cashier.  She suddenly ran off to somewhere without my knowledge.  When I found her, she had been crying...."  Yunho paused for awhile.  "...Do you think it had something to do with her having nightmares at night?" 

"Well, it's possible there might be a connection."  Jaejoong answered.  "It makes sense though.  Don't you think?  But YAH!! HOW COULD YOU LOSE JIYOOL?!" 

"I don't know, hyung!!!  I was so scared when I realized she was not beside me.  Good thing a lady found her and took her to a Customer Service desk."  Yunho shuddered at the unpleasant memory of missing Jiyool.

"A lady eh????  Was she pretty?"  Jaejoong asked as he elbowed Yunho's ribs.

"Why are you asking me that question?  Where's Yayo noona by the way?"  Yunho inquired about Jaejoong's wife, who also adores Jiyool like her own daughter.

"AISH!  I was not asking for myself!  I was asking for you!  And to answer your question, my lovely wife is out with a friend.  So don't change the topic!!  Was she pretty or not?"  Jaejoong asked again.

"Ehh, i don't know.  I didn't really get to see her face.  I was overwhelmed at that time.  And hyung, stop it.  You know I'm not ready yet."  Yunho said with a wave of hand.

"UNCLE JOONGIIEE!!!"  Jiyool ran towards them and hugged his legs.

"Honey, don't shout too much."  Yunho reminded as Jaejoong crouched down to Jiyool's eye level.

"It's okay, Yunho.  Yes, little angel?  What is it?  Oh!"  Jaejoong laughed as Jiyool wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"I saw the food!  I saw the food!  Thank you for making Cehrbornera* (Carbonara - Jiyool's favorite), pupkin* soup, roast chickin* and girl-ic rice!!!!!"  She beamed at him.  Jiyool adores western food.  Well, Jaejoong's western food to be exact.  Jaejoong almost melted as he saw her smile.  If only he and Yayo had a child.....

"You're welcome, angel.  Anything for you!"  He said and kissed her forehead.

"But can't we eat yet?  Are you and Appa still talking?"  Jiyool cutely tilted her head while she removed her arms from him as she looked at her Uncle Joongie then at her appa.  Yunho felt snatching her away from Jaejoong and keeping her in his pocket and not share her with anybody else.

"Nope!  Let's go eat now, little Angel!"  Jaejoong stood up and took her hand.  Jiyool's other hand reached for her appa who took it gladly.  After washing their hands, the three of them made their way to the dining table where Changmin was sitting...with an impatient look on his face.

"What took you so long??"  He asked.  Jiyool went to sit beside him and a smile immediately replaced his frown.

"Oh!!  Aren't we gonna wait for Auntie Yayo?"  Jiyool inquired when Yunho and Jaejoong sat down.

"Your Auntie Yayo will come home later in the afternoon with a friend, angel."  Jaejoong replied as he started to put food on her plate.  Jiyool's widened eyes sparkled and watered as she eyed the food.  Yunho saw the expression on her face and laughed.

"Baby....." He cooed and reached to pinch Jiyool's cheek.  "I love you, Jiyool."  Then leaned over to kiss her head.  She smiled sweetly at him.  "I love you too, Appa!!!"  She replied.

"Hyung!! Why didn't you put food on my plate as well?"  Changmin asked when Jaejoong started to put food on his own plate.

"AISH!" Jaejoong exclaimed and Changmin burst out laughing.  He loves annoying Jaejoong.  To him, it's his way of showing affection.

"Okay, everybody!  Let's eat!"  Yunho said and gave Changmin a 'look'.

"UWAAAAA!!!!  This is so yummy, Uncle Joongie!!!"  Jiyool exclaimed after chewing her Cehrbornera for awhile.  Changmin chuckled and wiped the carbornara sauce from the corner of her lips.

"That's good to hear, my angel.  I made it for you."  Jaejoong smiled at how Jiyool took another huge twirl of carbonara.

"Here, baby."  Yunho held up a spoon of creamy pumpkin soup in front of Jiyool's mouth after blowing its heat away. 

"Aah~"  Jiyool opened and her eyes widened when she tasted one of her most favorite soups.  "MMMMMMMmmmmmMMM!!!!"  She smacked her lips after swallowing and Jaejoong gave a victorious laugh.  Yunho chuckled and fed her once again.

"Whoa Uncle Joongie...  The soup's really yummyyyy!!!"  She praised and Jaejoong beamed with pride.

"Jiyool, you're okay with the soup and carbonara, right?  So can I just have your chicken?"  Changmin asked as he eyed the chicken drumsticks on her plate.

"Sorry, Uncle Minmin. I'll also eat the chicken." Jiyool replied.

"HAHA~!!!!!"  Yunho and Jaejoong laughed at him and he gave them 'mehrong~' while Jiyool just giggled.

"Oh, Appa.  It's okay.  I can do it so you can eat."  Jiyool said when Yunho tried to feed her again.

"You sure?"  He asked but he was proud of his daughter and she nodded.

"Yes Appa."  She answered.

"Okay."  He said but he kept an eye on her while they eat.

"Appa, may I use my hand for the chicken?"  She whispered.

"Sure, baby.  Go ahead."  He said and she happily grabbed a drumstick and took a bite.

The three men were finishing their meal.  However, Jiyool had other plans.  She grabbed another piece of chicken, shocking the men.

"BABY!"  "ANGEL!"  "JIYOOL!"  The three of them exclaimed at the same time.  Jiyool's hand stopped midway to her open mouth.

"Angel, I know you love my cooking so much but I don't think you should take another bite."  Jaejoong said.

"He's right, honey.  You're full already.  You'll get a stomach ache if you eat anymore."  Yunho worried.

"And Jiyool, I was eyeing that piece."  Changmin informed so Jiyool silently handed him the piece.  "Thanks, Jiyool!"  He said and bit it.

"Don't worry, Jiyool.  Uncle Joongie can make you more if you want."  Jaejoong comforted and Jiyool broke into a smile.

"That's my girl."  Yunho said and blew her a kiss.

 

The real reason why Yunho and Jiyool came over to Jaejoong's house was because Yunho, who was known for being very forgetful, decided to come back to the mall as soon as possible before he forgets the toys and clothes that Jiyool liked yesterday.  So he asked Jaejoong if he could leave her so he could buy those. 

Jaejoong and Yayo were very fond of Jiyool.  In their 7 years of marriage, they have yet to bear a child.  So they treated their Jiyool as their own daughter and would sometimes borrow her from Yunho so Yunho could take a break from taking care of Jiyool.  Jiyool loved the two as well and would always be delighted when she'd sleepover at their house.  Especially if she knew her Uncle Joongie cooked her favorite.

"Jiyool, be good, okay?  Uncle Jaejoongie will drop you off at the house later, okay?"  Yunho, even though he had left jiyool under Jaejoong's care, couldn't help but be worried.  Without seeing Jiyool, he felt unease.

"Yes, Appa.  Be careful in your meeting."  Jiyool replied.  She, too, feels unease whenever she's not with her Appa, but she sometimes actually enjoys her time without her overprotective Appa.

"Thanks, baby.  Be careful too.  Listen to your uncles.  I'd be back at the house before you know it.  Now come here."  Yunho picked up Jiyool and gave her a tight hug and kiss on her cheek.  Now he was having second thoughts about leaving his Jiyool.

"Now, now.  Don't worry Yunho.  She'll have fun with us, right Min?"  Jaejoong turned to Changmin who was still chewing.  With his mouth full, he gave a thumbs up and a nod.

"Right.  Well, I have to leave now baby.  Have fun with your Uncles.  Hyung, the list of phone numbers is in the yellow pouch.  Everything you need is in the bag.  Take care of Jiyool.  If you need anything, just call me.  Or Mom.  Or JiHye.  Or-"  He babbled.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.  I know.  We've done this lotsa times, already.  Don't worry about it!  Now go.  The sooner you leave, the sooner you'll get back home."  Jaejoong took Jiyool from Yunho's arms and lightly pushed him out the door.

"Bye Appa!"  Jiyool waved her hand and smiled at him.  Yunho gave a worried smile. 

"Don't worry!!!"  Jaejoong shouted.

"Okay, okay!  Bye Jiyool!  Have fun, see you later!  I love you!"  Yunho shouted as he walked towards their car.

"Love you too, Appa!"  Jiyool replied and waved again.

"Hyung, please take care of her!"  Yunho said again as he drove the car out of their garage.

"Yes!  Now go!  Bye!  Sheesh, Jiyool.  Your father doesn't really trust me."  Jaejoong commented and Jiyool laughed.  "Now, what do you want to do, angel?"  He asked and kissed her cheek.

"I don't know, Uncle Joongie.  I feel so full."  She said and rubbed her tummy.

"But you don't have a tummy ache, right?"  Jaejoong tensed up.

"Nope!  You can put me down now, Uncle Joongieeeee."  She said and he put her down.

"You don't? Good!  We don't want your Appa to worry!  Now, let's go back to Changmin, shall we?"  He asked and Jiyool nodded.

"UNCLE MINMIN!!! Are you done eating?"  Jiyool inquired as she went to see her Uncle Minmin.  Jaejoong left her for a moment as his wife, Yayo, called him up on his phone.

"Yup!  I'm done.  Wanna go play?"  Changmin asked and her eyes sparkled.  Now this is what Jiyool loves about her Uncle Minmin.  He's always willing to play with her.  Sure her other uncles do play with her but her Uncle Minmin plays with her the longest most of the time.

"Oh, can we?  Can we?"  She asked and held on to his hand with the both of her hands.

"Sure!  What do you wanna play?"  He asked and pinched her cheek.

"Uhm..."  Jiyool thought for a moment.  She wanted to play with her new Play-doh but eotteokhe?!  They just ate.  She figured they wouldn't appreciate her burgers because they're all full.  "Ooh!! I know!!  I know!! I know!!! Uncle Minmin, let's play Hide and Seek!!!"  She clapped her hands but Changmin groaned.

"Little Ji, let's play something else, okay?"  Changmin asked.  The last thing he wanted to play with Jiyool was Hide and Seek.  1)  Jiyool was really good at hiding.  2)  His tall body is hard to hide.  3)  Yunho doesn't like it whenever Jiyool plays it, he thinks it's dangerous for Jiyool when she hides in small, hot and cramped places.

"Please, please, Uncle Minmin?"  She pleaded.  She already saw a good hiding spot:  behind the pile of gifts under the huge Christmas tree.  Changmin gulped as he looked at her adorable face pleading him.  He looked away.

"Uh... I d-don't think uhh tha-that's such a good idea..."  He replied with uncertainty.  He was already having a hard time denying her.  He was already this near to giving in.

"But why?"  Jiyool pouted.  She couldn't understand why her Uncle Minmin thinks playing Hide and Seek was a bad idea.

"Because...."  He trailed off after glancing at her pout.  "Okay.  Let's play."  He surrendered and sighed.

"Yeeeey!"  Jiyool cheered.  "Who's gonna hide first, Uncle Min?"  She asked.

"Me.  But you know the rules right?  No hiding in the kitchen.  No hiding near appliances.  No hiding outside the house.  No hiding in the master bedroom.  No hiding in the bathroom.  No hiding upstairs."  He enumerated.

"Yes, yes, I got it!! Okay, I'll count to 20 then I'll go find you, Uncle Minmin!"  She closed her eyes and started counting.  "20....19....18...."  She started.

"Yah! Not so fast!"  Changmin frantically said as he scrambled around to find a good spot making Jiyool giggle.

After the countdown, Jiyool excitedly opened her eyes and scanned the room.  She smiled to herself and slowly crept towards the sofa.  She quietly climbed the sofa and  "BOO!"  She yelled behind the sofa.  However, her Uncle Minmin was not behind the sofa.  "Hmm...."

Please find me ASAP... Changmin thought as he hid behind the armoir.  He pushed his shoe out so that Jiyool could spot him easily.  He heard Jiyool walk nearer and nearer to his place.  Then she heard him exclaim.  "OH!"  Suddenly, a doll smiling faced Jiyool appeared beside him.  "FOUND YOU UNCLE MINMIN!!!!"  She shrieked and ran to where the base was.  She was laughing when he arrived at the 'base'.

"Your turn to find me, Uncle Minmin!!!"  She was jumping up and down in excitement.

"Good job, lil Ji!  Okay, your turn.  I'll count to 20 now!"  He informed and closed his eyes.  Jiyool immediately but quietly ran to where the huge pile of gifts were.  She crawled beneathe the Christmas tree and laid down behind the gifts.  She giggled.  She was sure this was a really good hiding spot!

 

"Hyung!! HYUNG!! I can't find her!!!!"  Changmin burst into the house office in panic where Jaejoong was typing something on his computer.

"Huh?  What?"  Jaejoong replied, not really concentrating on what changmin was saying.

"JIYOOL!  It's been half an hour and I can't find her!  HELP!!!!"  Changmin couldn't contain his worry.  He's dead when Yunho finds out.

"WHAT?!  WHAT HAPPENED?!"  Jaejoong immediately stood up and went outside the office and Changmin followed suit.

"We were playing Hide and Seek and-"  He was expaining but Jae cut him off.

"WHY DID YOU AGREE?!  YOU KNOW SHE'S GOOD IN HIDING!"  Jae scanned a room with his eyes.  "Jiyool??"  He asked but there was no response.

"How long has it been?"  Jaejoong inquired and Changmin gulped in nervousness.

"U-uhm.. Half an hour...?"  He meekly replied.

"SHIM CHANGMIN!!!!"  Jaejoong widened his eyes at Changmin.  It had already been 30 minutes and counting?!!?

"I know!!  But her face.. I couldn't..." Min tried once again to explain.

"JIYOOL!  Game's over, angel!  Come out now!"  Jaejoong shouted but there was still no response.

"Hyung, i'm scared...."  Changmin bit his nails.

"You should be!"  Jaejooong snapped.

 

 

[A/N]  OMO JIYOOOOOOL!!! :))) 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR READERS!!!!  Woot woot!!!!

 

@bubblybubble - Ahahah! Maybe.. maybe not! *wink wink* ;)

@OnewxChicken4ever - EEP! Aren't you creeped out? Shuuux. :( do you still have dreams about him?

@candyforlove - Thank yoouuu! ^_^ This is just part1.  Next chapter is part2.