Chapter 15

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

"Appa!!! Aren't they pretty???"  She twirled slowly as she showed everything off to Yunho.  "And isn't my bike really really pretty and cute like me?"  Her last words made Yunho laugh out louder than he meant to do.  "Yes they are, sweetie."  He agreed but Jiyool suddenly frowned.  "You'll let me ride my bike, right Appa?"  She put her index fingers together and gave him her puppy eyes.  "Yes, Jiyool.  But promise Appa that you'll be really, really, really careful.  Okay?"  He bent down and hugged her.  "YES YES YES OKAAAAAAAY!!!! THANK YOU APPA!!!!!"  She hugged him tight while she glowed in happiness.

 

The reason Jaejoong removed his car from the garage was so that Jiyool could test and try out her bike inside it.  It wouldn't be right for her to ride bike for the first time on a snowy path. And knowing Yunho's protectiveness, it would be a miracle if they could even let Jiyool ON the bike. So they all let out a sigh of relief when they heard him allow the little girl to ride her new bike.

The Parks brought Yoojin’s bike as well so that Jiyool could have someone to play with and would not be alone.  And they also thought that when Yunho sees another kid riding a bike, he would relax more and not be too strict on Jiyool.

Jiyool pulled Yunho towards her bike, “Teach me, Appa!”  He hurriedly agreed as of the very moment,  he felt he couldn’t trust Jiyool with anybody else besides him.  He felt quite guilty when he glanced at Jaejoong and the rest of his best friends.  But as her father, it was his duty and responsibility to teach her how to bike.  Surprisingly, he was a little bit excited.

Some of the adults went back inside, reminding them to call them when Jiyool is ready.

“Ja!! Jiyool, the very first thing you need to learn is to know how to use the BRAKES.”  He placed her fingers over the brakes and helped her squeeze the brakes.  He told her its importance and showed her how the bike wouldn’t move as long as she’s squeezing the brakes.

“Do you see what your Yoojin oppa’s feet are doing?”  He asked and she nodded after watching Yoojin.  He then placed her feet on the pedals.  “No, Jiyool!  Don’t let go of the brakes!”  He reminded when the biked moved.  “Eep!  Sorry Appa!”  She quickly placed her fingers over the brakes.  “Can I pedal now?” She asked but he shook her head.  He then taught her how to steer the bike without taking off her fingers away from the brakes.  “Remember Jiyool, wherever you want to go, always place your fingers over the brakes and give it a squeeze if you want to stop or slow down.  Now when I say go, you may pedal, okay?”  Jiyool happily nodded her head and let her Appa see that her fingers were properly placed.

Yunho moved behind the bike and held onto her seat securely.  “Jiyool, you may now pedal SLOWLY, okay? Be CAREFUL! GO!” Jiyool excitedly stepped on the pedals and made the bike move a little bit faster than to Yunho’s liking.  “STOP!! Jiyool, I said slowly!!  Why did you pedal so fast?” 

Jaejoong, who had been looking on, moved towards Yunho. “Jiyoollie, follow your Appa and pedal more slowly okay?” He smiled at her before whispering to Yunho, “YAH!  She only moved only a meter and a half!!! How do you suppose she’ll learn?!  Don’t be too strict or I’ll be the one to teach her instead!!”

Yoojin, who was taught by his own Appa, scratched his head as he watched them.  He was glad his Appa wasn’t like that when he first learned how to bike.  After learning how to break, Yoochun had let him bike off to wherever he wanted to go to (but was still inside the backyard), only watching him (like a hawk though) and reminding him to be careful every now and then.

Finally, after a series of ‘Slow Down!’s, ‘Be Careful!’s, and ‘Use the brakes!!!!!’, Jiyool learned how to pedal without worrying her father making him to let go of her seat and pedal on her own. 

“Uwaaa, Jiyool!!!”  Jaejoong clapped as she biked around the garage with a big smile on her face. “Look!!! I’m biking!!!!!”  She squealed.  She was about to raise her arms in glee when she remembered that she mustn’t let go of the bike.  “Are you looking at me, Appa?”  She asked.  She also knew she mustn’t take her eyes away from the front or else she’ll bump into something.

Jaejoong silently went inside the house and called the others.  When they all came back to the garage, they saw two very happy kids biking around and a father who had a proud gaze on his daughter as he watched her.

“WOOO!! GO JIYOOL!!!  GO YOOJIN!!!”  Changmin suddenly shouted.  A startled Yoojin yelped and braked before putting a hand over his chest.  “Uncle Changmin!!” He whined and the youngest uncle laughed.

“Hello!!! I’m sorry I can’t look!!”  Jiyool greeted while focusing on what was in front of her.  She wanted to know if her Aunt Chel and Uncle Junsu were watching her but she was afraid she'd get into an accident.  They watched them play until the two kids got tired.  Jiyool carefully got off her bike without any help.  Then they all went inside for the kids to rest.

 

 

 

A couple of hours had passed and the Parks already had to go because they had another engagement to go to.  Yoojin sadly looked at Jiyool who was sleeping comfortably.  As much as he wanted to wake her up to say goodbye, he didn't let himself to do so and just waved at her silently even though he knew that she wasn't going to respond. With a sigh and final goodbye to his Uncles and Aunt, he followed his parents outside.

Yunho knew that Yayo and Jaejoong still had another batch of guests coming so he decided to go home as well.  

"Oh, great! Chel will also be going now.  Her apartment is on your way.  Would you mind if you....?"  Yayo suggested and Yunho being the kind gentleman that he was replied, "Oh, it's no problem.  She can ride with us.  I'll drop her at her house."  Then he went to get Jiyool.  Yayo went to look for Chel and saw her coming out of the powder room.

"Cheeeelly~~~~"  Yayo sang to her.  Chel, who knew her best friend, eyed her suspiciously.  "What?" She asked cautiously.  "Our Yunho offered to take you home."  Yayo answered as she wriggled her eyebrows.  "Yunho-ssi did???  But my apartment is-"  She asked but was cutoff, "....is on their way home.  So you don't have to worry.  It's perfectly fine. Our Yunho is such a kind man.  Isn't he???"  Yayo then pulled Chel towards the living room, "Now come on. They are probably waiting for you."

And when they reached the living room, Yunho was already there with Jiyool sleeping in his arms.  Yayo pushed Chel towards the Jungs.  "Yunho-yah, take care of our Chel, okay? Drive SLOWLY."  Jaejoong smirked as he emphasized on the last word.  "Yes, don't worry."  Yunho replied and gave Chel a soft smile which she returned back.

Yunho thanked everybody for everything they had given Jiyool this Christmas.  Junsu and Changmin had already loaded the bike and the rest of her gears and gifts in their car.  The Uncles gave her goodbye kisses as she slept on before they headed out.

"I bet you guys my food coupons, something will happen to those two."  Changmin commented as they all waved while Yunho honked and pulled out of the driveway.

"CALL!"  Junsu shouted and they all have their knowing smiles.  They were all thinking of the same thing...........

 

Those two would be a good couple.

 

 

[A/N] HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! <3 And advance happy Valentines. Are your chocolates ready? Teehee~~!!!

 

@silver_talullah - Aww you're so nice. Haha. I thought you'd keep Jiyool so Yunho would come to you. :)))

@intanck92 - You're welcome!! I guess you know who had picked the designs? :p

@aejae22 - Hahaha, she's indeed sneaky. Yoojin is turning out to be a greaseball. <333 Jiyool managed but she was so sweaty afterwards. :)))

@yunhotic - Like father's cuteness, like daughter's cuteness. UPDATED! THANKS!