Chapter 16

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

Yunho thanked everybody for everything they had given Jiyool this Christmas.  Junsu and Changmin had already loaded the bike and the rest of her gears and gifts in their car.  The Uncles gave her goodbye kisses as she slept on before they headed out.

"I bet you guys my food coupons, something will happen to those two."  Changmin commented as they all waved while Yunho honked and pulled out of the driveway.

"CALL!"  Junsu shouted and they all have their knowing smiles.  They were all thinking of the same thing...........

 

Those two would be a good couple.

 
 
 

It had been snowing when the Jungs left the Kim Residence.  However, as they drove on, the simple and happy Christmas snowfall was slowly picking up strength as it heavily poured more snow.  Yunho turned the heater higher and glanced at Jiyool at the rear view mirror, checking if she was not feeling cold.  Then sideglanced at the lady passenger at his side.

"Are you cold?  Is the heater alright?"  He asked Chel who nodded with a smile although Yunho couldn't see.  "Yes, I'm okay.  Thank you.  Oh dear, a little more snow and this is turning out to be a blizzard."  She stated as she looked outside the window.  It was starting to get difficult for Yunho to pass through some streets as the snow started to pile up and cover the streets.  She felt guilty of burdening the Jungs with the task of taking her home.  

"Yunho, would you and Jiyool like to come inside?  I think it's better if you wait for the snow to stop before going on the road again."  Chel invited as she worriedly looked at the skies.  Yunho watched the snowfall and considered it would be safer for them to stop and just stay in the meantime.  "But we don't want to intrude....."  Yunho trailed off.  "Oh, please!! It's that least thing I can do.. And don't worry, I would be more fine to know that you're safe than being out there in danger.  There's no one but me in my place so you're not intruding anything."  She smiled assuringly at him.  With that, he finally agreed.

"Here, you may let Jiyool sleep here."  Chel said as she led Yunho with a sleeping Jiyool in his arms to her bedroom.  She peeked inside first to check if there was nothing out of place before opening the door wide to let them through.  "Are you sure it's okay?  I can just place Jiyool on the couch."  He said softly, not wanting to wake his daughter up.  Chel nodded and arranged the bed.  Then Yunho carefully placed her on the bed and Chel adjusted the blankets, making sure the little girl was safely tucked inside and the cold wouldn't get to her.

They went back to the living room and Chel left to get Yunho a drink.  Yunho, on the other hand, started looking at the pictures placed on the mantel and frames that were hung on the walls.  He then laughed a little when he saw a picture of little Chel and little Yayo.  They were in their preteens but their faces were adorable as little Chel held up a huge fish that seemed to be newly caught.

"Did you know, Yayo and I met at camp."  Yunho turned around and saw Chel holding two mugs.  She gave one to him and he took it gratefully.  "Ah, I didn't know you and Yayo go way back."  He replied and took a sip of the hot chocolate, "This is yummy.  Thank you."  Chel smiled and continued, "That fish was the reason why we became friends.  She helped me reel it in."  She grew silent for a while before bursting into laughter.  Yunho was slightly taken aback by her laughter.  It sounded....sweet.  He couldn't help but look at her in amusement as she continued to laugh. 

"Wae?"  He asked while slightly laughing.  "Nothing, nothing~~"  She answered while still laughing a little.  She shook her head then took a deep breath to calm herself down.  It was a surprise to Yunho when he felt himself wishing her laughter wasn't done yet.  "Yayo would kill me if I tell it to somebody.  It's a little secret between the two of us."  She explained with a small giggles at the end which Yunho found cute.

"Haha, I understand..." He gave a small smile and the two fell into a comfortable silence. 

 

Jiyool woke up to unfamiliar surroundings.  She gasped and she immediately sat up looking around.  "Appa???"  She called but nobody answered.  She quickly lay back down and pulled the blanket up to her nose, her wide eyes looking around the room.  She buried herself deeper into the blanket, hoping her Appa would come to her soon.  She was scared to go out of the room as she didn't know where she was at the moment.  So she just laid there.

A few minutes passed and a yummy smell wifted into the bedroom.  Jiyool smelled it and it was only then she noticed she was hungry.  She looked at the window and saw it was nighttime already.  She looked for a clock and found it at the bedsidetable.  She couldn't believe she had slept that long!  Her eyes fell onto a picture beside the clock.

"Oh! It's Aunt Chel!"  She exclaimed.  This must be Aunt Chel's room!  She hurriedly got out of the heavy blanket and slowly opened the door.  When she did, she heard her Appa's ringing laughter.  "Appa!"  She said to herself.  Her feet carefully patted down the stairs and followed her Appa's voice which also led nearer to where the yummy scent was coming from.

She was led to the kitchen where she stopped her tracks as she saw the scene before her.  Her Aunt Chel had an apron on and her Appa was tasting something from the ladle held by Aunt Chel.  It was a scene foreign to her eyes.  "Wow, that tastes so good!!!!  It's perfect!!"  Her Appa approved and gave Aunt Chel a wink and a thumbs up.  "Why thank you, Mister Jung."  Aunt Chel replied and this made her Appa laugh. 

For Jiyool, it was a happy scene.  She remembered the way her Aunt Yayo would do the same for Uncle Jaejoong.  And she remembered that Yoojin told her how Uncle Yoochun would laugh and would always be happy whenever her Aunt Aejae was around.  This scene was what Jiyool wanted for her Appa.  She wanted her Appa to be happy like Uncle Jaejoongie and Uncle Yoochun.

 

OMONA!!!!! Did Santa receive both of my letters????

 

 

 

[A/N] Hello~~~!! :D Sorry this update had taken two weeks. LOL. But anyway, how are you guys? ^_^ Ooooh~ I saw 2PM's concert last night! It was really fuuun! ^_^ How was your Valentine's Day? Mine, I celebrated it with my KPOP friends. HAHA. Yes, we are all single and ready to bingo!! ^_^  But during the night, I spent it with Yunho. LOL. kidding. Woohyun and Suho might get mad if they read this.

THANK YOU FOR READING! And no, this story is not yet done. This turned out to be longer than planned. O_O

 

@silver_talullah - Sorry I wasn't able to update during Valentine's Day... :( I had been very busy for the past days. >_<

@aejae22 - He IIIIIS so very super overprotective.  And yes, I guess we can all see the future of Jiyool's suitors..hahahhaha!

@intanck92 - HAHA! I could see you had fun reading my update. ^_^

@yunhotic - you will see it soon!!! :D

@candyforlove - you're welcome! im glad my readers are finding jiyool cute and not annoying. hahaha. <3 thank you for dropping by, im currently reading your scenarios. ^^,