Chapter 7

Thank you, Santa! (A Yunho Christmas Story)

 

"Hello my Jiyool!!"  She hugged her.  Surprisingly, Yayo didn't pick up Jiyool.  She only hugged her.  Jiyool hugged back and rested her head on her shoulder.  As she did so, she noticed there was another person beside them.  Her eyes travelled from the person's heels, legs, tummy, chest, and finally, to the person's face.  Jiyool squinted her eyes as she studied the woman's face....and GASPED.

"OMO!"  Jiyool exclaimed and lifted her head from Yayo's shoulder to look up at the woman.  "You're the woman from the mall!!!!!!"

 

"We meet again, sweetie.  Hello."  The woman replied and smiled kindly at Jiyool.  "Hello..."  Jiyool shyly said.  "Oh!  You know each other??"  Yayo and Jaejoong asked at the same time making Jiyool and the woman laugh.  It always amazes Jiyool whenever the two would speak the same thing at the same time.  Remember the reason why Jiyool met the woman, she got shy and buried her face in Yayo's neck.

"Well, I... it's a long story."  The woman said.  Jiyool turned to look at her and smiled gratefully.  The woman gave her a wink.  "Oooookay.  Well then, my jagi and Chel, why don't you guys head over to the dining table?  I made Carbonara and..."  Jaejoong paused and picked up Jiyool from Yayo's arms and bounced her twice in his arms while looking at her.

"And what, Uncle Jae??"  Jiyool asked cutely.  She was excited because she knew her Uncle Jaejoong made something for her.  Something she'd totally love.

"Ba~......"  Jaejoong said.

"Ba~~...?"  Jiyool asked.  Unknown to the two of them, the two women smiled knowiingly at each other.

"Bay~~~~JING!!!!"  Jaejoong exclaimed and bounced her once.  The two women chuckled and Yayo slapped her husband's arm.

"Bayjing???  What's that???"  Jiyool asked with scrunched face.

"Just kidding, angel.  It's Baaaaaaaked MAC!!!!"  He finally revealed.  Jiyool squealed and flung her arms to hug his neck.

"UWAAAAA!!!  Thank you, Uncle Jaejoong!!!!!  I'm hungry!! I'm hungry!! Can we go eat now?????"  She excitedly squirmed in his arms and pointed towards the dining room. 

"Yes, lil angel.  Now go and ask your Yoojin oppa and Uncles if they want to eat again."  He brought her down and she ran with big steps to find them.  Then the three adults finally went to the dining room.

 

While they were enjoying Jaejoong's yummy baked macaroni, Jiyool would shyly glance at the woman named Chel.  They finally learned each other's names after her Aunt Yayo introduced her to everybody.  Ever since then Jiyool would stick close to the woman she now calls 'Aunt Chel'.  Yoojin didn't approve of this though.  He hated the fact that Jiyool now would stick close to someone else instead of him.  Jiyool even asked to trade places with him so she would be sitting next to the new ahjumma!

Song Chel, the woman, noticed Jiyool's shy glances towards her.  Somehow, it made her feel happy.  She loved kids.  That's why she became an author for children's books. That, and the fact that it's not hard to be fond of the cute and lovable Jiyool.  When she caught her eye, she smiled at her.  Jiyool grinned in return, her chin smudged with melted cheeze.

"Oh, you have something here, sweetie."  Chel took a napkin and gently wiped Jiyool's chin.  The litte girl's eyes widened as she realized she was clumsy.  She felt ashamed.  For some reason, she really wanted to impress this lady so that she'd like her.  

I wonder if Appa would like her.  She thought after bowing and saying her thanks.  Whenever she'd stay at her Appa's office, she would always hear ahjummas feeling sorry for themselves and Appa.  They wanted to be with Appa for he'd be happy with a 'new wife' but she also heard them say Appa wasn't interested.

She also thought about her Omma.  Unfortunately, she couldn't remember her.  She couldn't remember the feeling of having a mother.  Even if her Appa showed her their family pictures when she was with both her Omma and Appa.  But he said her Omma already went to heaven and became her guardian angel who would always protect her. 

But last week, Uncle Junsu and Uncle Yoochun said it would be great if Appa finds a new wife.  They said he would be happier, just like what the ahjummas at the office said.  And they said so he won't have a hard time raising me up if he gives me a new Omma.  She analyzed as she chewed on a piece of macaroni.  She looked at her two married Uncles.  They were laughing like there was no tomorrow.  They seem very happy.  Lately, she hadn't seen his Appa laugh like that.  His face would always be worried about her, for her.  That was why she tried to be a good girl for her Appa just like what her Lily-ssi told her to.

She studied Aunt Chel again. 

She's very pretty.....  She's really nice to me...  I bet Appa will be happy  after he meets her!  And then they'll get married like in the movies and then I get a new Omma!!!  And then Appa will be happier and laugh so much just like Uncle Yoochun and Uncle Joong!!!

She then felt a poke on her arm.  She turned and saw Yoojin glaring at her.  He then leaned towards her and whispered, "Don't you know it's bad to stare at adults?  You can stare at me but not at adults."  He lectured.  Immediately, jiyool felt ashamed  again of her careless actions.

"Thanks for telling me, Yoojin oppa."  She whispered back and then asked him if he could give her another scoop of baked mac.

"You like the baked mac, angel?"  Jaejoong asked as he scooped baked mac for Jiyool instead.  Yoojin scowled at him for taking his chance of helping Jiyool away.

"Yes, so much!! So much much muuuuuch Uncle Jaejooooooong~~~!"  She said and threw her arms up in the air to show him how much she liked it making everybody at the table laugh and gush at her cuteness.  "Thank you, Uncle Joongieee."  She smiled cutely at him making Yoojin grunt in disapproval.

"You're welcome, little angel.  Anything for you."  He replied and Jiyool happily dug into her baked mac.

"Psssh."  Yoojin muttered.  When I grow up, I'll cook a lot of food for Jiyool!  More delicious than this!!!!  Hmph!!! He thought as he rolled his eyes.

"Is there something wrong, oppa?"  Jiyool asked him after hearing him talk to himself.

"N-no...  Nothing's wrong."  He answered. 

"Oppa, I'll ask you something later, okay?"  She asked him and he nodded happily. 

 

"Was it just me or did Jiyool keep on looking at me earlier?"  Chel wondered aloud with a chuckle afterwards as the two kids left the dining table to play again.

"Yes, she was.  I noticed it.  I wonder why though."  Yayo answered.

"Yes, I wonder what was in her cute little head."  Yoochun said with a nod.

"Well, I hope she's not thinking I'm ugly or something."  Chel chuckled.  In truth, she had been hurt several times by her blind love towards unfaithful men.  She really couldn't think of a reason why she would get her heartbroken by those 'jerks'.  Well, except one.  She thought she's not beautiful like those y women in the magazines that those jerks lust over when in fact, she had been just a little unlucky in the matters of the heart.  She just hadn't found the 'right one' for her yet.

"Of course not!  Cheeeel."  Yayo scolded.  She had been telling Chel that she was beautiful.  Those guys who broke her heart were just blind and stupid. 

"She's right, Chel.  Plus, Jiyool angel is not like that.  She's a very good-hearted kid."  Jaejoong praised.

"I know.  I could tell by how she interacts with us and her father...."  Chel replied and smiled as she replayed the scene that happened yesterday.

"YOU MET YUNHO?!"  Jaejoong and Yayo exclaimed simultaeniously.  The same thought were running through their heads:  Yunho + Chel = ^_^

"Is that Jiyool's dad?"  Chel asked.

"Yup, the one and only."  Changmin finally broke his silence after gulping down his last bite.

"How/when did you meet him???"  Jaejoong and Yayo once again spoke at the same time.

"Uuuhmm... Yesterday at the mall.  I err.. saw Jiyool and brought her back to her dad."  Chel answered unsurely.  She wasn't sure if she could say that Yunho had lost his daughter.

"Yunho hyung LOST JIYOOL?!"  Changmin figured out with an annoyed expression on his face.  How could his hyung lose their precious little girl?!

Aaaaah!! So Chel was the woman Yunho was talking about who gave Jiyool back to him!!!!!  Bwahaahhaahahahaha!!!!  Such a small world. :D :D  Jaejoong thought.

"Uh, I don't know what exactly happened but Jiyool found her dad while taking her to the Customer Service desk. Then I heard her apologize and her dad was really affectionate of her as well.  It was a heartwarming scene to be honest."  She smiled after telling the story.

"Aww, poor Yunho hyung.  He must've been out of his wits when he realized Jiyool wasn't with him anymore."  Yoochun sympathied.  He looked back at the first time he realized Yoojin wasn't beside him anymore when he took him out to a father-son date.  It turned out Yoojin decided to play a trick on him and hid away from him.  He thought it was the end of his life.

"Yeah... And Jiyool too!  My angeeel~.  Then what happened after?"  Jaejoong asked.

"Then Yunho-ssi thanked me afterwards, they greeted me Merry Christmas and then I left."  Chel finished.

"THAT'S IT?!"  Jaejoong and Yayo shouted.  What??  No invitation for a dinner or something like that?!

"Yessss....why?"  Chel asked confusedly.  Were they expecting more? 

"Nothing...  Soooo, how do you find Yunho?"  Yayo asked with a sly smile on her face.

"Like I said, I brought Jiyool to the Customer Serv-"  Chel started explaining again.

"NO!  What I meant was, do you find Yunho kind, loving..."  Yayo enumerated.

"HANDSOME!"  Jaejoong butted in.

"WHAT?!  NO!  Why would I?  He's married, for God's sake!"  Chel exclaimed, appalled and offended at what her friends were thinking.  No, she's not that desperate to find a man enough to ogle over at a married man.  And certainly, she wouldn't  be a home-wrecker!

"Well, was married.  His wife, Lilia, passed away when Jiyool was still a baby."  Yayo explained.  Chel immediately felt sorry for both Yunho and Jiyool.  Yunho, who had to deal with the loss of his loved one, at the same time trying to raise their very own baby.  And Jiyool, so young yet deprived already of a mother's love and care.

"Awwww.....  It must be hard for the both of them."  Chel said.

"Indeed.  But Yunho's a strong man.  And a good man too, he was able to raise Jiyool into a good kid."  Jaejoong paused as all of them pondered on this fact.  "So back to question...what do you think of our dear Yunho?"  He continued and raised his brows up and down at Chel.

"Based on what you said, he's a good...man."  Chel answered carefully.

"And....?"  The couple asked.

"And...a good dad...?"  Chel just totally based her answer on what they said.  How could she judge a man??

"How about physically?  How do you find Yunho??"  Yayo asked.  Chel gulped after she realized all pairs of eyes were on her.

"Uhm... Well...  He is....."

 

"Jiyool, what is it that you wanted to ask me?"  Yoojin asked while they stepping on the crunchy leaves that had fallen in the backyard. 

"Hmm, promise me you won't tell anybody, Oppa."  Jiyool said as she stopped jumping on a leaf.  Yoojin stopped as well because he wanted to give Jiyool his full attention.

"I promise.  Why don't we go sit over there?"  He pointed under the tree where the shade was.  He then cleaned where Jiyool would sit, making sure she wouldn't sit on rocks and branches.  He sat down and patted the space after he declared "Clear."

"Thanks, Yoojin Oppa."  She said and sat down.  "Oppa, how's Uncle Yoochun?"  She asked.  Yoojin thought it was a weird question but answered anyway.

"Appa's okay.."  He replied.

"Is he happy?"  She asked again.

"Yes, he is.  Are we just gonna talk about Appa?"  He was annoyed that Jiyool is more interested in his Appa than in him.

"Hmm... I just wanna know.  Yoojin oppa, do you think my Appa will be happier if he gets an Omma for us?"  She asked, surprising Yoojin.

"I don't know, Yoolie.  Appa...hmm, is happy that we have Omma.  He said we should always be thankful for Omma."  He answered truthfully.

"Oppa, does Uncle Yoochun always laugh?"  She asked with a tilted head making Yoojin poke her cheek.

"With Omma around?  Hmm, yes.  We always laugh together.  Especially during mornings when they would wake me up.  Oh!  And during playtime.  And sometimes while Omma is cooking.  They would suddenly laugh."  He narrated as he thought about his happy family.

Jiyool felt sorry for her Appa.  She wanted Appa to experience laughing every morning and during playtime.  And he would also laugh when Omma would be cooking.  She really wanted her Appa to be happy.

I better see if Appa will like Aunt Chel!!!

"Oppa, is it okay if we go back?"  She asked Yoojin.

"You want to?  Okay."  He stood up and helped her up.  Then they went back hand in hand.

 

"How about physically?  How do you find Yunho??"  Jiyool and Yoojin heard their Aunt Yayo ask.  Jiyool's eyes widened and put a finger on her lips to signal her oppa to be quiet.

"Uhm... Well...  He is........"

 

 

[A/N]  What do you guys think Chel will answer? BWAHAHAH.  Anyway, finally!  The woman has a name!  Meet, Chel, Yayo's childhood friend. :)  And isn't Jiyool sweet and thoughtful? :D :D

THANK YOU FOR REAAADIIIING! <3 <3

Gosh, Yunho is so handsome in their CF filiming in Thailand!

 

@melanarbs - Haha! THanks! I enjoyed the confetti showers! :D :D AIgoo!  Your poor Dad.. And about Yoojin, yes!  I chanced upon that picture while searching for korean kids.  Imagine my shock when I saw how he resembles Yoochun!!!

@candyforlove - A couple eh? Hahaha! ^_^ They'd make a cute couple!  And welcome!

@piggy624 - Thank you so muuuch!  Im glad my fic is appreciated. Teeheehee.. :")

@OnewxChicken4ever - Hahaha! Well Jiyool was under the tree AND behind huuuuge gifts. :)) Or prolly Min was searching for somnething else...food! ;)  Eep, i hope nightmares won't ever visit us again.

@aejae22 - Yes! BALAE forever and dalawang pogi! :))))  Ang galing nio ha. ;)

@falcon_07 - Yes they are! ^^, I, the author, demands it! BWahaha.

@somelove - AHAHHA! I really LOL'd at your 'derpchun-face' comment! X)) And thanks for loving my fic!

@yunhotic -   Thank you! :) Please continue reading this even though it's waaaay~ past Christmas already. ^_^