Secret Nothing

Gotcha Heart

 

"He's so busy... I miss him..."

She grabbed a pillow and hit it right on her face trying to remove the goofy smile forming on her lips – she felt embarrassed of herself grinning because of a dirty thought. Her thoughts were only interrupted when her phone beeped for notification. She picked it up once again and opened. It was an IG notification and so she clicked onto it right away. She saw one follow request by a username, @butterpenguin which earned a light hitch from her. "Who is this..."  She murmured but nevertheless, still accepted and followed the account back. And immediately, her follow request got accepted which finally gave her a chance to view the person's profile - it was a girl. "L-lee Nabi." She read it aloud and opened one whole body picture where the girl was standing while doing a 'bang~' pose with her hands. Seeing her black shirt, it reads, 'EXO'luxion' and below it, just by the hem is says, 'STAFF.' Sarah tilted her head a bit while wondering if Baekhyun has ever told anyone about her because he said he hasn't. She was about to like that older post from Lee Nabi when she received a direct message from IG. It was the same girl and the message was written in English so it didn't give her a hard time.

From: butterpenguin

Hi! Thanks for the follow back. I'm Lee Nabi, can we be friends? I work in SM Entertainment as an intern right now.

Raising an eyebrow, she wondered if it was some agent like those she has encountered once or twice back then when she was new here. Yes, she almost got casted on the streets but she ran away in fear since she was very new to the place and thought it was a ert. But nevertheless, she decided to respond to the woman's message for politeness.

From: sarahhjacobs

Hi, you're welcome. Thank you too. May I help you?

Sending the message, she simply waited for the woman to respond while staring down to the screen of her phone. Once she got a respond, her eyes dilated in suspicion for a while.

From: butterpenguin

You know Baekhyun, right? I know him too, I'm 's partner.

Sarah didn't want to believe it right away and she didn't want to put Baekhyun in trouble so she decided not to respond anymore. She was afraid that someone stalked Baekhyun when he got out of her house that one time and might have stalked her as well and some other stuffs like that. Putting Baekhyun in so much trouble is the last thing she would want to do in her life. Just then she received another message from Nabi and to her surprise it was a selca. In the photo, Nabi was lying down and beside her was a familiar face of a man. The man had his lips on her cheek.

"Oh, EXO member..."

Then a message followed,

From: butterpenguin

There, can you believe me now? I know you might be suspicious so I gave a proof. I'm EXO D.O.'s partner. So can we be friends? ^^ I can be trusted, don't worry. I am a secret too.

Reading the last sentence of the message, Sarah's heart was shattered into pieces. Secret? Baekhyun didn't even acknowledge that she was indeed a secret - she doesn’t know up until now what she is. Within the moment, she went on to exchanging messages with the girl until they've gotten to know each other pretty well. Nabi also told her that Baekhyun introduced her while even showing her photo and somehow, she felt a bit moved that Baekhyun actually did the slightest effort to let a soul know even just a little about her existence although Nabi told her that he said they were only friends - it hurts but at least 'friends' is actually a good kind of relationship, better than nothing. In the end, they decided to meet right on the same day since it's a Sunday anyway and Sarah was very much free to do so.

They met a café nearest SM Entertainment since Nabi came from there. So that day, Sarah formed a new friend and somehow they felt related for being both involved with idols. It wasn't hard for them to be close friends especially when they could comfortably speak in English in their every conversation.

 

_ _ _

 

The next day, Nabi especially invited Sarah to meet with her again but not to hang out. EXO's going to arrive from their three-day concert in Osaka and Nabi plans to surprise Kyungsoo so she thought of bringing Sarah along for Baekhyun. "Nabi, are you sure this is safe? Fans are everywhere there at the front..." Sarah asked while she was being dragged by Nabi towards the parking of lot of the airport. EXO's vans were already there prior to their arrival and so SM's staff was the one waiting there right now. "Don't worry and we aren't going there anyway, I already talked to the SM staff that we'll be here in their van." Nabi grinned as she knocked on the car window and the door slid open right away. "Annyeonghaseyo~" Nabi greeted and Sarah did the same while the two of them entered. "Oppa, are they arriving soon?" Nabi asked the staff at the driver's area. "Yup. Sunghwan hyung texted me, they already landed. He's on his way here while Hyunkyun hyung stays with EXO inside, they're still waiting inside." The staff answered. "I'm nervous..." Sarah muffled while holding Nabi's hand. "Wae?" The girl responded and chuckled.

"C-cause I missed him..."

"Aww~" Nabi squealed like a fan girl and clapped her hands. Sarah bit her lower lip shyly while fiddling with her fingers. "I'm sure he missed you too." Nabi then murmured teasingly while Sarah just shyly grinned. "You think he did? Even if... we're not together yet?" She asked. "Status is just status, Sarah~" Nabi answered confidently. Just then, the door slid opened again making both of them turn. "Oh, you're early. I thought you plan to surprise Kyungsoo at the shooting set alr—who is this young lady?" Sunghwan turned to Sarah with a smile. "Oppa, she's Sarah." Nabi introduced. "Sar—ahh... The one Chanyeol's telling me about... The kakao girl." Sunghwan said chuckling since Chanyeol was the one who caught Sarah's Kakao Talk message to Baekhyun that one time. "Moya, Oppa~" Nabi laughed at how he called her. "A-annyeonghaseyo." Sarah bowed her head lightly while smiling. "Are you not Asian?" Sunghwan asked while reaching for the keys from the SM staff who afterwards shifted to the passenger's seat. "Half..." Sarah answered hesitantly while glancing at Nabi. "Okay, now I get why you're so cute like a doll." Sunghwan said and smiled. "Oh~ alright, I could see them coming, Nabi if you're gonna do your plan, do it now. I'll just drag Baekhyun and Kyungsoo alone here. The other members would fit on the other van too anyway." Sungwah said before closing the door shut. Nabi turned to the tinted back window and already saw Kyungsoo from afar which made her excited. "Scoot down, palli." Nabi told Sarah and pushed her head down, they were at the very backseat of the van to hide.

Just when the van door slid open once again, Nabi and Sarah held their laughs hearing the two guys' voices.

"Do we have separate schedules?"

The car shook a bit as the two idols got in together. Sarah's heart pounded so fast hearing Baekhyun's voice in person once again. Nabi was covering the whole time because her hands were already shivering like she was ready to scream so loudly. "Aren't we filming the Music Video?" Kyungsoo asked and this time, Nabi was the one who shuddered in excitement and so she eyed Sarah and removed her hand from . "one... two... three." She mouthed and began counting to three until they both shot their heads up in unison. "PRESENT!" They shouted which made the two guys across them on the front seat jolt in shock. The reactions from the two were very different - Kyungsoo immediately smiled seeing Nabi's face while Baekhyun had a very astonished expression on. "Hi Oppa~" Sarah greeted cutely but her voice came out a bit airy because her chest was still pounding so hard seeing his face again after a long wait but still, she managed to let out her usual giggle. Turning to the other member, Sarah saw the he was looking at her with a bit surprised face. "What the hell..." Baekhyun muffled with his stern tone. Before the man could speak further, Nabi butted in. "We're friends now~ it's so comfortable for me to talk to her cause it's in English." She said while casually reaching her hand out to her man who was doing the same since one seat was still blocking them apart. "Hi, nice to meet you." Kyungsoo smiled at Sarah and bowed his head a little. Sarah smiled and bowed back as well until she jolted in surprise when Baekhyun shouted. "What are you doing here??" He scolded. It all got quiet inside the van and Sarah panicked and got blank seeing and hearing him mad for the first time.

"Oppa, why are you sad? I mean m-mad?"

She bit her lower lip confusing two very different and basic words right now. She knew them well, she just got blank when he shouted. "No, I am not mad. I am bewildered." Baekhyun answered with a hiss. Looking back at his very angry face scared Sarah so much but she kept it inside. She was honestly expecting and daydreaming about him saying how much he missed her back – but he was showing the complete opposite. "W-what's... what did he say?" Sarah whispered to Nabi. Her mind was slowly getting blanker of Korean words right now - she usually forgets this second language of hers completely whenever she's nervous. One time, she even got tongue-tied in her first day of teaching and the young students all made fun of her. "He's surprised." Nabi whispered back. Because of the term Nabi used, Sarah had a bit of hope. She turned to Baekhyun and saw his very red face. She only thought one thing, 'Did he actually missed me too and was panicking right now because there are people around?' Well at least that's what she hoped for.

"Ah~ Are you surprised, Oppa? Then I succeeded~"

Leaving her side for a while, Nabi went to Kyungsoo instead and sat right on his lap so Sarah was now alone at the backseat. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and made a blowfish before turning to Sarah again. "You shouldn't be here. Didn't I tell you I'm busy? Why are you so pushy, I told you we will mee-" He began speaking so fast and his Bucheon dialect came out a bit which bewildered Sarah this time and she quickly pulled herself up to go to the seat much nearer to them, right across a few inches away from his seat. Baekhyun now had his upper body turned behind. "Slowly! Slowly!" Sarah said in panic while having her hands up in defense. "Yah, don't talk too fast and with dialect." Kyungsoo nudged Baekhyun feeling worried of the technically 'foreign' girl. Instead of answering, Baekhyun turned to Nabi instead. "How did you even meet this girl?" He interrogated also with a stern face looking at her "It wasn't hard to find her on Instagram. She has a lot of followers cause she's like a model~ and I contacted her saying I personally know you." Nabi answered proudly while hugging Kyungsoo's neck. "I took a rest from the wardrobe preparation. Since I'll take SM's exam in a week. I decided to take a rest. Can I watch on the set?" She added and glanced at Sarah excitedly. "You're allowed, not her." Baekhyun said and pointed at Sarah. "Oppa, why so mood..." Sarah complained while pouting. Okay - another wrong one. She's especially lacking even more right now of Korean words because she's been talking in English with Nabi the whole time yesterday until earlier today. "Why so mood?~ I'm not being moody. MOODY. I'm bewildered of why you are here when I clearly told you I will meet you if I'm free." Baekhyun answered. His chest was pounding so fast seeing her face again right now after a very tiring week of schedules and not that just, in front of his manager and one member. "Fine. You're surprised. It's good." Sarah answered with a slight pushy tone since she didn't quite understand him again because he said it very quickly.

"No. Bewildered is different from surprised. Bewildered is that I am puzzled; I am confused, I am disoriented of why you are here right now! Surprised is a good thing. And this is not a good thing, Sarah"

Sarah bit her lower lip and tried to understand his words and dialect. She shuddered feeling all panicky and blank for the nth time 'cause she wanted to answer. It hurts her that right now, he wasn't even caring if he's talking too fast for her capability. She always remembers him talking so carefully and with basic words whenever they would talk. Right now, she couldn't see the Byun Baekhyun who cares for her - even if it's just a care - it's more than enough for her. "No... I-I'm not trying to be naughty... I just wanted to surprise you..." She muttered barely audible and her voice turned shaky because she already guessed she understood it wrong again. And she was right because she saw how Baekhyun rolled his eyes and clacked his tongue in annoyance. "Oh my goodness. Are you really a teacher here? How on earth." He mocked and Sarah bit her lower lip. She felt embarrassed that Nabi and Kyungsoo, even the manager and staff at the front, need to hear it. "For Primary school... I'm better when I write, and so I seem good when we chat..." She explained, particularly wanting the others to hear it to at least defend herself. "Her accent is so cute." Kyungsoo commented like he didn't care at all how she spoke. "It's okay, I speak like that too when I just arrived here." Nabi even added and even patted the girl's arm. It finally made Sarah look up with a grin again which made Baekhyun look away - he didn't know why he was acting so rude right now as well. Sarah put two thumbs up while nodding as if the couple's simple encouragements brought her back to her senses.

"Ne~ And I realized my friends were right. They said I should date Korean boy and then speak better Korean later. I'm getting good soon."

She stated and clapped her hands excitedly. "Woah there. We are not dating. Don't I make it clear every time we chat?" Baekhyun said with his hands up in defense. He looked at her and was seemingly eyeing her meaningfully - trying to point out their topic on that particular day they first had , of course, he can't just say that. This time, Sarah groaned in frustration and faced Nabi instead and spoke in English to leave Baekhyun out of place for a while. "Ugh... Nabi, he only wants a fling and I don't know why he doesn't want to get serious. What do I do?" She asked. And indeed, it left Baekhyun, even Kyungsoo, out of place for a while. "He wants a fling? Give him a fling. You know Sarah, that boy's very sensitive inside and with such pretty outer appearance and most especially your kind heart, be patient. He will get serious soon. Like I told you this morning, he just moved on from a fail love so be patient with him." Nabi answered effortlessly. "Seriously? Translator? Anywhere? You two are in Korea, duh?" Baekhyun asked sarcastically.

The two couldn't explain anymore when the van stopped. "We're here guys. Nabi, you're going to watch right?" Sunghwan asked before getting out. "C'mon." Nabi got out with Kyungsoo and looked at Baekhyun who stayed there while glancing at Sarah. "You two. Keep your mouth shut to the members. I'll follow inside." He said and the couple just raised their eyebrows at him suspiciously but closed the door right after. Once the two were literally left alone inside the van, Baekhyun finally turned to Sarah. "What did you tell her?" He asked coldly. And that's when Sarah began crying out the tears she's been holding since earlier. Baekhyun panicked and without further ado moved to the seat where she was sitting at and sat down beside her. "H-hey..." He called. "W-why are you so mad... you not like that before, so scary..." She murmured. Baekhyun grew speechless as reality hit him again, yes, he was so mad. "I... I just want to surprise... It's Nabi idea..." She explained in between sobs and that's when Baekhyun pulled her for a hug. "Hey... I was just shocked... You know that I haven't told them anything right? W-what if my manager scolds you? He doesn't you yet... none of them knows you yet Sarah. Y-you should have just told me so I didn't act like that..." He said. "But I missed you..." Sarah muffled and hugged him on the neck very tightly. "Sorry, I was just very tired from the concert and then you surprised me..." Baekhyun explained and heaved a sigh. "Didn't I tell you? We keep it a secret, we keep it safe." He adds which made Sarah look up. "What's it?" She asked. "What to keep secret and keep safe?" She repeats the question but Baekhyun wasn't able to answer. "Oppa, tell me—“I don't know, please don't ask me right now... let's just be like this... all good... no pressure... alright?" he said and just hugged her. He wanted to explain but he himself is confused. The only thing he's sure about is that he wasn't ready to officially label their relationship with anything.

"Oppa..."

"Ssh... Oppa's so sorry earlier... I was very bad wasn't I? Were you scared?" He asked while rubbing her back. "Oppa... you have headache?" Sarah asked in worry. "Yes, three-day concert is tiring." Baekhyun answered. Sarah pulled away from the hug and her hands reached up to his forehead quickly massaging it. "Ahh... feels good..." He moaned softly feeling the sensation of the massage on his throbbing head. "Oppa... something more feel good can do." She said and Baekhyun's eyes opened. "Huh, what is it?" He asked and suddenly, Sarah scooted down the car's carpeted floor. Baekhyun's body jolted up when Sarah reached for the buckle of his pants. "W-wait... Sarah, I will film..." He muffled and stopped his hands. "But Oppa is stressed and headache... Want you to feel good..." Sarah mumbled with a pout. Baekhyun was tempted but he managed to completely pull her up to sit again. "I'm fine... Okay?" He asked. "But Oppa... I can give you that so you can feel good and headache no more and the—“How about you just give me a kiss here?" Baekhyun pointed at his left cheek and Sarah quickly kissed him there. "Here too." He then pointed at his right side and again, Sarah followed right away. "Ahh~ It feels good too. See?" He said and smiled. "Why you devil earlier and now very cute prince..." Sarah muffled earning a chuckle from him. "Why you so cute earlier and still cute right now boohoo?~" He mimicked the way she spoke and pinched her cheeks. "Oppa..." She whined and was about to speak more when Baekhyun gave her a light peck on the lips before speaking. "You go home first because it's cold outside and then wait for me there." He said. "Uh... S-y time?" Sarah asked hesitantly. "Ey, can't I come to Miss Jacob's house with some nice bowls of Ramen for the cold weather instead? What else do you want me to bring along?" He asked and wiped her still tear-stained face. "Uhm... S-sushi..." She answered hesitantly making Baekhyun smile.

"Okay, That's a weird combination but sure thing. I need to relieve my stress later."

"Ah... So... you mean y time later, oppa?"

"Can't I relieve my stress playing Jenga with you instead?"

"I d-don't know Jenga to play with so no no..."

"Can't I teach you instead?"

"Ugh, fine fine Oppa..."