Never, Don't Mind.

Gotcha Heart

 

"Ahh~ Time's so fast... Why is it so fast, Oppa..."

Letting out a heartfelt chuckle, Baekhyun glanced at his girlfriend as they walk out of the airport. He had his mouth mask pulled down to his chin and he was holding onto the strap of his bag. There were people around, some were taking their pictures but it amuses him to see Sarah acting unaffected although he knew she was. "You'll start your pre-recording already for some music show right?" She asked and glanced up to him. Baekhyun just looked back with his knowing eyes. "You're nervous, aren't you..." He said with a smug chuckle. "A-ani..." Sarah looked away while blinking. "Trying to distract herself~" Baekhyun teased. Good thing, Manager Sunghwan will be picking them up. "Relax." He said and held her hand. He was used to eyes all over his direction but he knew Sarah wasn't and she was trying to act out. Fortunately, they didn't have to stand the stares for too long as Sungwan was already there waiting. As soon as they arrived in front of the van, Baekhyun slid the door open and they both entered. "Annyeonghaseyo, Sunghwan Oppa~" Sarah greeted and bowed her head lightly as she sat down. Baekhyun closed the door right away and the car started moving. "Okay, long rest done, Baekhyun. Start of deadly hours again, okay?" Sunghwan said with a chuckle but his eyes just remained at the road.

"Ahh~ Hyung, you had to remind me that. I enjoyed the vacation too much."

"Well obviously~ How did you handle the netizens by the way?" Sunghwan asked. "Are you okay, Sarah?" He added. "Kwaenchanayo, Oppa. I'm not alone." Sarah answered and glanced at Baekhyun with a lovesick grin. "Eaaakk~" Baekhyun fake-squealed like a fan girl earning a light hit from his girlfriend. "Oppa, you know... the magazine company's calling me again reminding me about the offer." Sarah murmured to him. The couple stared at each other. "Probably because of the news, they want you even more now." Baekhyun said and heaved a sigh while shaking his head. He liked her getting such good offers like this but he didn't want her to be entitled just as 'EXO Baekhyun's girlfriend' alone instead of focusing on her real abilities. "Ugh, now I really want to say no." She said and leaned on the chair while folding her arms. "I bet they don't even call me by my name now." She added. "Hey..." Baekhyun nudged her. "Then say no if you're worrying about it." He said. Sarah didn't answer anymore and just turned her body away from his sight. "Now I won't even know anymore if they're offering me 'cause I am good." She muffled with a sulky tone. "Okay fine, I'm sorry?" Baekhyun said and rolled his eyes. "What do you expect? You're not a public figure before. You can't possibly blame it on me?" He added. "I can't even open notification bar of Instagram anymore..." She continued sulking out and Baekhyun was already frowning hard. "Yah. We both agreed on this and now you're acting like that?" he asked. "Because you force me." Sarah said and glared back at him. "Oh really? I forced you? You talk like going public is the worst thing ever?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yah, you two. Don't fight about that anymore."

"Oppa. Drop me at groceries. I need to buy. Just go straight with him to practice." Sarah spoke. "What? No, I will move on to practice tomorrow. Are you shooing me away already?" Baekhyun asked in disbelief. "Yes." Sarah answered and folded her arms still with a sullen face. "No, I'm resting first." Baekhyun scoffed. "Then rest. But Sunghwan Oppa, drop me off to groceries still." Sarah answered back. "What—we just arrived. Just buy tomorrow." Baekhyun said. "I want to buy already." Sarah said. "Why are you so obsessed with groceries? Such a hoarder." Baekhyun grunted back. "You no interfere with me. I'm angry." Sarah said and just looked away. "Fine. You're angry because I saw you being called again by the magazine company because of the news? I'm sorry." Baekhyun said and tried to grab her face but she was covering it. "I won't say it again." He said. He began pulling Sarah closer after he realized the possible cause of her sudden grumpiness. "You talk like I not continuously offered to pose for them even if we not on public." Sarah murmured while trying to push him off. "It isn't what I mean okay?" Baekhyun said and sighed as Sarah pushed his hands off. "No, that what you mean..." She murmured. "Hey—look, Sarah, I just—I said look at me." Baekhyun grabbed her by the shoulders making her look. "I'm sorry. I'm not saying you don't get offers because of your ability alone. I'm just pointing out the Korean market itself. Be it that you're good or not, they really go for attention. That's all I'm pointing about because they're targeting the interview section in the magazine if you do try to pose for them." He explained.

"Then I say no."

Baekhyun sighed as Sarah turned away again still with her depressed expression. "I'm not telling you to say no. I was just—“No, I will say no." Sarah cut him off. The couple stared at each other in silence, same expression. "I not model anymore too. I'll just find job in school again. I don't want to model anymore." Sarah spoke after her brief pause before looking straight ahead. Baekhyun leaned his elbows on his knees and ran his fingers through his hair. "If I become real model, I want make own name. Not like this." Sarah added. Baekhyun bit his lower lip as she was killing him with guilt again. Sunghwan who was driving just kept silent as he could also feel the tension at the backseat. So within the remaining of the ride, no one between the two talked at all. They arrived at the grocery store Sarah told Manager Sunghwan about and she got out straight. But as she was about to slide the door close, Baekhyun stopped it. "Sarah, let's talk first." He said and tried to get her hand. "I come home after buying." She said and pushed his hands back in before sliding the door closed. She turned around and wiped the tears that has trickled down her cheek. She was starting to feel the pressure of having a public relationship. Taking mask out, she wore it before starting to walk to the side streets. She held onto her shoulder bag while her eyes keenly moved from right to left.

As she entered the groceries, she grabbed a push cart right away and began walking around the wide aisle while looking around. In a way, buying groceries has always been her stress-reliever - very housewife-like right? Add the fact that the money always comes from Baekhyun. Being inside the store, her mind slowly went back to a relaxed feeling as she began going to her favorite sections. Nowadays, Baekhyun technically goes home to her more often than to the dorm - just because, no special reasons. She bought their usual necessities before she moved on to the food. She picked the ingredients for the food she always cooks for herself and Baekhyun. Just as she was walking around, she stopped by the thrift clothes section where there were clothes for babies. It automatically made her smile as she walked towards it instead. "Omo, kyeopta..." She muffled and took one small hanger while looking down to the apparel. Her mind automatically seeks for Baekhyun's presence. She's just turning twenty-four on September - it's still young - but she kind of want to have a child already. Baekhyun makes her want to have it. Just then, a hand made her jump on her position. She quickly turned around ready to run when she saw her boyfriend's eyes. Her eyes bulged out and quickly looked around to avoid his stares. "W-what are you doing here..." She muffled and began walking while pushing the cart. She didn't even realize she took that hanger of baby apparel. "I got down too. I was following you the whole time." Baekhyun said. "Go away. You're grabbing attention." Sarah muffled but Baekhyun was in a daze as he looked at Sarah hold the baby clothes.

"Why are you looking at the baby clothes?"

"Oppa, go..." Sarah muffled while walking fast. "I don't want to be alone in the house." Baekhyun said and just trailed behind. "Oppa..." She murmured in a whiny way trying to nudge him off. "Yah if people saw you pushing me off, you'll just create a fuss." Baekhyun muttered with a chuckle. Good thing most of the people in the groceries were middle-aged people. "You pick everything out effortlessly. See, all the things I like are here." He looked down at the push cart with a smile. "And those baby clothes." He pointed at Sarah's hand which the girl quickly hid. "I just panicked when I see you... I not mean to bring this... Wait." She let go of the cart first leaving it to Baekhyun as she ran back to the clothes section. After putting the hanger back there, she walked back to her cart and pushed it again. "How can you always buy groceries and carry all of them alone?" Baekhyun asked. "I take cab, Oppa." Sarah answered and stopped when she arrived at the vegetable section. She began looking through the best looking tomatoes and Baekhyun just watched her in admiration. She so looks like a housewife that it makes his heart thump with joy. "Oppa, just hold the cart." She told and went to the other section. Baekhyun just followed the whole time while pushing the cart himself. Sarah would put stuffs in and he would organize it a bit every time.

"We look like a married couple."

Sarah shot a stare at him but looked away again with her already blushing cheeks. "Jagiya, what do you want to do on your birthday?" Baekhyun then asked while still trailing behind her. "Oppa, it's still in three months. Why talk about it." Sarah answered while trying to reach for a pack of milk. Baekhyun reached for it effortlessly and put it on the cart. "Do you want to have a trip?" He asked. "Oppa, you're busy." Sarah said. "What busy, Kyungsoo's even going on hiatus. I don't have any solo schedule right after the promotion comeback. I'm literally a jobless idol that time." Baekhyun said. "Oppa, it's expensive." Sarah said and this time she was getting a few condiments. "Yah, are you a chef? Why buy all that—that's the expensive one. As I was saying, why not a trip? We haven't done that." Baekhyun said and was putting all the condiments back. "Yah, I want to try using them." Sarah took them again but Baekhyun put them back. "Buy the sachets, that's a lot, where will you use that. We're talking about the trip. Where do you want to go—“Oppa, give me that." Sarah grabbe the bottles of condiments once again and in the end, she won. Of course. "Oppa, not convenient." Sarah answered. Just then, Baekhyun's eyes landed on the chips section. "Sarah, let's go there. I wanna get a snack." He said and began pushing the cart but Sarah held on the hem of his jacket stopping him completely.

"Oppa, I already buy fruits."

"That's not my snack. When did fruints become a snack?" Baekhyun said and tried to go again. "No, Oppa—aish, this is why I never want to buy groceries with you." Sarah said with a glare. "Wait." Baekhyun removed her hand from his jacket and went to that section still. When he came back, he was holding three bags of chips. "Oppa, that's a lot." Sarah said with a stern face while holding on her waist. "How about your condiments? You even have Paprika. Are you Blue? Pa pow pow pow?~" Baekhyun fake-barked before putting his chips in. "Oppa, that's so unhealthy. You work out always, very wasteful." She said. "That's why I want to eat them, I work out always." He answered and Sarah just looked at him in disbelief. "The point?" She asked. "Pointless." Baekhyun said with a proud face and stuck his tongue out before pushing the cart again. "Oh, Ramen. Let's go there." He saw another section and ran to the direction. Sarah put her hands on her face in bewilderment. She used to buy in a very organized way. "Oppa, are you pregnant?" She asked as she followed him. "It's been years since I went to a grocery store. Wow, Manager hyung buys us everything we put on the list, I didn't know there's a lot more choices now. Wah..." Baekhyun said with a kiddy smile as he began looking at all of the choices. Because of what he said, Sarah couldn't help but to smile. He looked excited which makes her feel sorry for him. "What kind of Ramen do you like? I tried this before, Oppa it tastes good." She moved closer to him finally and helped him. Their eyes met and Baekhyun's lips curved up even more.

"Wae, Oppa?"

"Nothing..." He looked away still with the smile before grabbing the pack of Ramen she pointed out. "Do you still need something? I already done." Sarah said. "No, this is a lot already. Let's pay." He said. Paying was easy-piecie, but stepping out of the grocery store wasn't. As soon as they arrived out, people recognized them both. They held onto the grocery bags, both had their mouth mask but of course people, most especially the younger ones, stared at them, some even followed. "Oppa, you didn't make Sunghwan Oppa stay?" Sarah muffled. Both of them were walking briskly. "He had to pick Sehun in the radio station he guested in." Baekhyun explained.

"Oppa~ Is that your girlfriend?”

“Unni, can you turn?"

“Oppa. Omo~ Kyeopta, they bought groceries. Oppa~"

“Oppa can you look at my camera?"

Some of them began trying to talk to them but the couple just remained silent but they would bow their heads for the sake of not being impolite. Good thing, they were able to get a cab quickly. Once they were in, Baekhyun told the driver the address before glancing at his girlfriend. "It's weird, but I actually felt good." He said and laughed softly. "I know." Sarah said and laughed along. "Wait..." Baekhyun then spoke making Sarah turn. "Aren't we fighting earlier?" He asked with a smug chuckle. "Oh..." Sarah blinked in realization. "Hm, never mind." She then said and shrugged her shoulders while hugging out the grocery bag on her lap. With a light grin, Baekhyun childishly placed his head on Sarah's shoulder like he was ready to fall asleep. "Are you sleepy?" Sarah asked with a smile. "A little... But wait, before anything else." He turned his head to look up to her. He pulled his mask down then pulled hers before pecking her on the lips. "What?" Sarah asked seeing his smirk.

"Massage~ I'm gonna be exhausted for the coming weeks~ Massage massage~"

"Aish, Oppa... So obsessive."

"Yah, if you do it nicely, you're gonna get a signed CD of our mini album with my photocard."

"I want Chanyeol Oppa's photocard though... He has best photocard always."

"On the second thought, I don't want to 'never mind' that we were fighting earlier. We ARE fighting."