EPILOGUE

Gotcha Heart

 

| E P I L O G U E |

 

 

Walking in tiptoe, Baekhyun made his way towards their guest room to check Sarah. "HA! Gotcha." He flinched in surprise and turned around hearing those familiar voices - EXO. His eyes bulged out seeing them all in the living room, and even Nabi was there. "Seriously Kyungsoo—even them?" Baekhyun asked in shock. Apparently, to go on with the tradition and also for fun, Kyungsoo and Nabi decided to sleepover in Sarah and Baekhyun's house tonight before the wedding tomorrow. Also, Nabi was chosen by Sarah to do her hair and makeup for tomorrow. Sarah's parents on the other hand actually arrived here already for the wedding and were with them earlier but stayed in a hotel since there wasn’t any space in the house. "Yah, I told you, you can't see her for the last few hours." Kyungsoo said and pointed at the wall clock. Baekhyun actually agreed to them initially but right now - it's technically midnight already - he thought he could maybe sneak into the room and check Sarah out. "C'mon, I just wanna see her. Nabi dragged her away from me earlier until now, I can't even see her." Baekhyun whined. "Nu-uh~" Nabi spoke and struggled to stand up while holding onto her back, Kyungsoo supported her arms and walked with her towards Baekhyun. "I'm gonna sleep there now." She said.

"Yah, seriously. You can't do this to me."

"We can. We're gonna sleep together tonight~ Yay~" Kyungsoo squealed like a girl and held Baekhyun's arm. "Aish-let go! No you're not sleeping with me. Shut up." Baekhyun grunted and yanked him away. "Hey, c'mon none of us will sleep at all because we're making sure you won't be sneaky." Chanyeol spoke from the living room. Baekhyun just ignored them and watched as Kyungsoo opened the door of the guest room while guiding Nabi. He tried peeking from outside but Kyungsoo pushed his face off and closed the door quickly. "Yah!" Baekhyun whined and banged the door. From inside, Sarah was sniggering as Nabi and Kyungsoo went in and closed the door right away. "This two mommies, you're both very excited huh?" Kyungsoo asked while chuckling. He guided Nabi until they reached the bed and held her to slowly sit. "Actually, I've been sleeping here for a few weeks now. Baekhyun has an obsession on putting his leg over me always so while it was early I started sleeping here." Sarah explained. "Well, what else. This man too." Nabi pointed at Kyungsoo who just pouted. "So as much as possible, I put a total of three pillows as barrier so he won't have any skin of his touching me." She added earning a soft chuckle from Sarah. "Okay fine, I'm leaving now. I promise we'll guard Baekhyun well. He can only see you tomorrow when you're already in front of the altar." Kyungsoo reassured and did a high five with Sarah before leaning down to kiss Nabi on the cheek. "Good night you two." He said and waved a hand while walking back to the door. "Ne~ Love you, Soo." Nabi bid goodbye. "Yeah, love you too." Kyungsoo answered back before completely leaving.

"Now it's the two of us~"

"I brought some skin care products so you can have all the beauty sleep you can have." Nabi said. "Oh, I'll get your bag for you." Sarah gently got off the bed while holding onto her back and walked to the couch at one corner. "Do you wax?" Nabi asked. "Ahh~ Nah, I'm not hairy." Sarah answered while chuckling. "Oh, okay anyway... Since it's gonna be your honeymoon for this week after your wedding, you gotta be excited. Second trimester is the most active trimester of yours. Your hormones might be at its high level but be careful huh." Nabi spoke earning cheeky nod from Sarah. "Aw just thinking about it... you haven't had a real trip together right? You two must be excited." She added. Sarah walked back to the bed hugging Nabi's bag out and flopped down gently across her. Nabi began taking out some stuffs and Sarah's eyes widen. "Wow, you really have a lot of skin care and cosmetics." She said and clapped her hands. "Yeah, of course it was my job back in the States and also, I'm very spoiled when it comes to buying makeup. Kyungsoo buys like everything in just one say." Nabi said and laughed. "Wow really?" Sarah asked. "Yes, he even ended up now being aware of how to choose the right products since I can't go out much now, he buys them instead." Nabi explained and high-fived with Sarah.

"Nabi..."

"Yup?" The two pregnant women made a short eye-contact. "You think... a lot of things will change once we get married?" Sarah asked with a scared tone. Heaving a sigh, Nabi put a hand on top of hers before speaking. "Of course. I mean... you two might be a bit different from our experience since you've been living together for a long time now but... I just know... yes, things will change." She explained. "I-is it bad?" Sarah asked while nibbling with her lips. "Of course not. It depends. I mean... you two are already very comfortable with each other... You've past the adjusting stage that Kyungsoo and I had to go through. Those times... we fought a lot because we didn't know we still had a lot to find out about each other. But you two... you already did that." Nabi reassured her. "I know... I'm just nervous and all... it's all official now..." Sarah muffled with her shaky voice. "Aigo~ Don't cry anymore. I know what you're feeling right now but I swear, you'll feel that even more tomorrow so it's better to stay calm now than worse tomorrow." Nabi said and patted her cheek. "Okay... thanks, Nabi. You're always there." Sarah said.

"Nah that's nothing. Your future husband is a really good man. You know if I didn't love Kyungsoo I would have fallen for him. Cause he is so good. You two. You suit each other so well, I know nothing will go wrong. But first~ we need to do our beauty bridal essentials, c'mon let's start! I'm excited~"

 

| T H E  B I G  D A Y |

 

"Calm down, Sarah. I'm making it out well, I promise..."

Fiddling with her fingers, Sarah watched Nabi repair the back part of her wedding gown. "Nabi ssi, can you do it?" Mrs. Jacobs asked while rubbing Sarah's back cause the girl was already panicking. Apparently, they were already preparing when they realized the gown wouldn't zip up - it seems like Sarah has gained more weight from the last time she wore if which was only a few days ago. "Ne, eomonim. It's almost done..." Nabi muffled. It was so hard to do it only with her portable sewing machine and other sewing items she brought but Nabi just had to find a solution just so Sarah could wear it comfortably even just for one day. "W-what if it burst later? Y-you're just doing it with that small thing... Nabi I'm nervous..." Sarah muffled while breathing heavily. "No trust me. I'll sew this very strongly." Nabi reassured. "Eomma... are they there already?" Sarah then looked at her Mom. "Your Dad left with EXO and their managers a few hours ago since Baekhyun's gonna be prepared in SM's salon. I think... they're also at the church though." Mrs. Jacobs answered. "Omo... good thing makeup's already done..." Sarah murmured while fiddling with her fingers. She couldn't imagine something bad happening later, they've waited for this for a long time, she can't be an epic fail. She kept on mentally praying that everything will go smoothly later on. "Yas! There, it extended it." Nabi exclaimed and made a blowfish while proudly looking at her work. "Geez, the designer might sue me for this but whatever." She grinned and started dragging the dress rack towards Sarah. "Wow, you're so good at this Nabi ssi." Mrs. Jacobs said with a wide smile seeing how Nabi took care of it, the backline had become lower, the zipper was replaced with tiny ribbon-designed hooks from her mid back down to her lower instead so it can be adjusted much easier. "Isn't it cuter now? I know the cuttings seem obvious but your hair can hide it anyway so it's also good. You can bring y back." Nabi said and chuckled. Sarah's nervous face finally calmed down as she looked at the dress.

"Palli~ Let's wear it to you now."

Glancing down to his watch in panic, Baekhyun rapidly caught his breath while waiting at the altar. People, guests were already there. They even allowed at least four fansite masters of EXO's fandom rather than making them intrude without permission, they just allowed them but their seats were at the far corner so they won't be a hassle to the other people watching. He could see people already whispering at each other because it's been nearly thirty minutes since he began waiting there and the other EXO members except Kyungsoo has been singing quite a few ballad songs already just to entertain them. His best man, Kyungsoo nudged him. "Nabi's not answering... I'm sure they're almost there. My wife's last text, she said the gown's already repaired. Just relax." He murmured. Baekhyun looked around and rubbed the back of his neck. Just then, Mr. Jacobs came to them while having a worried face. "They're on their way, but there's a traffic jam." He said in English. "Sir, did they tell you where exactly they are now?" Kyungsoo asked back. "Not exactly but my wife said they had to pass by a store for a while to buy water. My daughter fainted in the car." Mr. Jacobs explained and Kyungsoo's eyes widen and quickly turned to Baekhyun.

"Yah, Sarah fainted in the car."

"Mwo?" Baekhyun's eyes widen and was about to run when Kyungsoo and Mr. Jacobs held him up. "She's already fine. Your Mom said it just got a bit hot in the car and also the traffic." Mr. Jacobs reassured. "I-is she sick?" He asked - finally he had the urge to use his brain to communicate with Mr. Jacobs. "No, she's not. Just stress maybe." Mr. Jacobs said and patted his back. "Calm down. They're almost here." He said and Baekhyun just nodded still with his very worried face. Glancing at his other members he signaled them to hand the mic. "Uhm..." He cleared his throat while looking at everyone. "Everyone, I want to apologize as you've been waiting for a while now..." He said and all of them were listening intently to him. "Actually... my bride is-" His words were cut off when the wide doors of the church opened. "Present!" Sarah raised her hand like a student. Nabi and Mrs. Jacobs were behind her with a few staffs. "Y-yes, she's present." Baekhyun answered and had a flustered smile while nodding. "Okay... we'll begin now." He spoke through the mic and had a short eye-contact with Sarah who had a shy smile on. A again, a soft music coming from the piano began playing. Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs went to hold Sarah's hands, her being on the middle. Nabi on the other hand just walked gently at the back part and sat there while signaling her husband who was at the front. So the bride began walking to the aisle with her parents - a very heartwarming scene for everyone, especially for the groom. It amazes the guests at how beautiful Sarah can be even if she was pregnant, the gown really fits her well.

But that was until she stopped walking.

Everyone looked at each other as Sarah stared in space while holding on her tummy. "What's wrong?" Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs asked in worry. "A-ahh..." Sarah winced softly while breathing heavily. Without further ado, Baekhyun left the altar and rushed to her- they were halfway through the altar so everyone could see them right now.  "Wae wae wae..." Baekhyun looked intently into her eyes and put his hands on top of hers that were placed on her tummy. The whole church grew silent - all of them have gone worried. "H-he's... he kept on... m-moving like...like..." Sarah stuttured. "Kicking?" Baekhyun asked with his growing smile. "I-I'm not sure, I don't know how it f-feels... if h-he's... kicking... I n-never felt him moving this much before... I-it's kind of... ticklish..." Sarah murmured. "You two, we need to go one you know..." Mrs. Jacob murmured. "Ah... N-ne..." Baekhyun let go and smiled shyly. He looked at the guests and bowed a few times. "I'm sorry... I jus-" Let's go..." Sarah let go of her parents and instead held Baekhyun's hand. "I feel ticklish... Let's get this done with, Baby Appa..." She said and dragged him fast to the altar making the people all let out a hearty chuckle. Mr. and Mrs. Jacobs were left there having their amused smiles at their silly daughter.

And finally - the much awaited ceremony has begun.

 

 M I N U T E S  P A S S I N G ...

Baekhyun cleared his throat as he tried his best not to close his eyes. The priest was in the midst of his sermon right now. Glancing at his bride, Baekhyun's eyes widen seeing Sarah having his head up but her eyes were all closed. Sleepyhead preggy - Baekhyun has expected this. He nudged her arm making her open her eyes again. Baekhyun held his laugh while rubbing his finger under his nose. Hesitantly, he reached for Sarah's lips and wiped her drool. Sarah's eyes widen and pushed his hand off and wiped it herself feeling all embarrassed. The priest continued with his liturgy although he could see the couple being slightly distracted. In no time, they reached the blessing of rings and until now Sarah was feeling sleepy. She would hold onto Baekhyun's wrist whenever she would feel like dozing off. In a slow manner, her head began lowering down again until the side of her head was placing gently on Baekhyun's shoulder. The groom closed his mouth in a firm line and tried hard not to smile since the priest was talking. Sneakily reached his hand up, he pinched Sarah's nose. "Ouch!" She suddenly exclaimed making everyone quiet, even the priest who stopped speaking in concern. "Is everything alright?" The priest asked softly. Sarah shot a brief glare at Baekhyun before looking at the priest with a forced smile. "I'm sorry, Father... Please go on..." She mumbled and bowed her head. Now she's fully awake - thanks to her annoying groom who wake her up through humiliation.

And so the long - to be honest kind of boring, apologies in advance - ceremony continued. From the scripted exchange of vow, comes presentation of gifts, comes the prayer, then another prayer then sing sing sing~, then comes more and more ceremonies. Now, not only Sarah was feeling sleepy but also Baekhyun. He already had his arm slung around Sarah to literally stop himself from collapsing. He blinked his eyes out and would clear his throat whenever his eyes would accidentally close. Sarah on the other hand had her two fingers pinched together on the skin of her arm to refrain herself from dozing off again.

And after over an hour of the ceremony, the priest finally ended his blessings with the people including the couple's 'Amen.' "I now pronounce you, man and wife. Thanks be to God." He stated. "Ah... t-the... kiss?" Baekhyun murmured earning a soft chuckle from the priest. "Yes, you may now kiss the bride." The priest answered with a smile. Baekhyun and Sarah both sighed in so much relief and Baekhyun literally wiped the sweats on his forehead that's been forming since earlier. The couple faced each other and Baekhyun grabbed her by the face quickly and captured her lips. Everyone clapped and cheered for the newly wedded couple who were sharing their most passionate kiss. There were even screams coming from the fansite masters. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before the couple had the guts to pull away. Their foreheads rested upon each other and the couple were shyly chuckling. "Admit it, you almost fell asleep." Baekhyun muffled. "As if you didn't..." Sarah answered back before jumping on him for a tight hug. He quickly caught her safely into his arms while laughing. Pulling away from the hug, Baekhyun put a hand behind Sarah's neck and another on her tummy. "I love you... the two of you." He said. "And we sooo~ love Appa as well." Sarah answered and had a sweet smile on. They both faced the people while holding on each other's backs and they all cheered even more. The couple together with the bridal party and guests processed out of the church where the bridal car was already waiting. "Wooh! Congratulations!" Some of their closest and of course their families went close to them and gave them a hand shake and kiss on the cheek.

Arriving right at the door of the church, the couple looked at each other. "The flowers!~" The female guests were already cheering. The couple smirked and made telepathy effortlessly. So without turning around, Sarah threw her small bouquet of flowers towards a certain direction - to Kyungsoo who unknowingly caught it out of reflex. "Moya?!~" Nabi burst out of laughter as Kyungsoo held the flowers while blinking - with his squishy look. "Oppa, your turn." Sarah nudged Baekhyun who quickly turned around to EXO. He took out his garter from his pockets and quickly threw it out - to Chanyeol. "OH MY GOD! Chansoo is real!~" Nabi exclaimed and everyone, even the elderly guests began laughing hard when EXO was now pushing Chanyeol and Kyungsoo together while Nabi laughed watching. "Y-yah! This can't be. Oh my god—what is this?? Baekhyun! Yah—guys stop! Moya!" Kyungsoo whined when Chanyeol played along while laughing and suddenly lifted him up bridal style effortlessly. Kyungsoo began squirming around like a penguin being kidnapped. Baekhyun actually talked to the guy beforehand about their revenge plan. How hilarious. "Revenge is sweet, ya know." Baekhyun said before pulling Sarah for a hug again and buried his face on the crook of her neck before speaking,

"Ah~ how much I love Sarah Jacobs - Byun..."

"As much as I love... Ironman!"

"YAH."