EXO-L

Gotcha Heart

 

“No, really! You want me to read it for you, stay there. I'll read them."

Pouting hard, Sarah folded her arms while looking at her boyfriend who was at the other side of the room on the couch. They arrived at Jeju six in the evening and were now inside a guest room of Sarah's relative's house. They were still preparing for dinner and they let the couple rest for a while. Only a few minutes ago, EXO members and their managers had sent them the articles and photos taken of them and the netizens are in a craze once again. SM is currently handling everything well and is going to release the confirmation tomorrow. They didn't have to discuss anything further with Baekhyun since they were already aware of his relationship and also, Baekhyun has contacted them beforehand. "Netizen number one said, WOW! Baekhyun's girlfriend is so pretty!" Baekhyun began speaking with so much enthusiasm and Sarah just bit her lower lip nervously while listening. "Netizen number two said, Omo! They look so cute together I hope they last forever! Fighting!" He next said. Sarah's smile was already growing. "Netizen number three said next, she's so y. Wah~ y couple!" He said and Sarah's face turned sulky again. As Baekhyun was looking down the phone, Sarah stood up and rushed towards him to see that he was only browsing her Instagram profile. "Ya-YAH!" She shouted making Baekhyun hide his phone right away. "Where's the comments??" She shouted and tried to take it from him but he began running away. "No! Let me see!" She said and chased but Baekhyun effortlessly jumped over the bed with his whole body and ran back to the other side confusing Sarah who was trying to catch the very active guy. "Come here—yah! I can't chase you!" Sarah whined when Baekhyun kept on jumping over the bed and run around while she has to crawl and climb first. He did that from left to right that really made Sarah dizzy and tired until she gives up.

"You can't chase me, I'm Hapkido Master, Heyah!"

"Oppa!" Sarah stopped from walking and began glaring even worse at him. "You don't have to read them." Baekhyun said while grinning. "They're bad aren't they?" Sarah asked and that's when Baekhyun slowly lost his smile. He panted after all the stunts he made and ran his fingers through his hair. "It's normal." He said and kept his phone. Sarah slumped down the bed and had that very sad expression, her trembling lips puckered again indicating that she was about to cry. "Yah..." Baekhyun stood up and rushed to her side. "I'm proud to have you. And that's what matters more." He said and rubbed her back. That's when she began crying like a kid again. "We will enjoy... this week together... without having to hide and do everything in secret. Imagine the fun activities we have never done ever since we became a couple... now, we can do it. Isn't it excited?" He asked softly. Their eyes met and Baekhyun wiped the tears trickling down her cheek. "It's exciting." He answered his own question and gave her a light peck on the lips. "Wait." He took his phone out again and opened his Instagram account. "Let me read fans' recent comments on my last update okay? This is two weeks ago but they commented here again because of the news." He said and began scrolling - and as he read, his eyes automatically skipped all the negative ones and just chose the good ones.

"'Oppa, if you're happy then I'm happy. By the way, Oppa. What's her name?' Aww, such a sweetie, this EXO-L, my child. So loyal."

"Another one, she said something about you, 'Oppa, is she mixed? She looks so beautiful and I can see it's natural so I wanted to know if she's mixed. Fighting Oppa!~' Should I reply and answer her?"

Baekhyun continued reading the positive comments while Sarah silently listened, her tears has run dry after hearing her boyfriend's encouraging tone. "Oh this one's funny, she said, 'Oppa, you get ugly when you're beside her. She's so pretty! Oppa, I was kidding~ but really, she's so pretty! I'm happy for you two. All the best!' She had a point actually." He finished reading and laughed to himself. He was about to read another comment when Sarah grabbed him by the neck and hugged him. "Thank you for choosing to stay strong even when I'm so weak like this..." She murmured with her shaky voice. Baekhyun gently placed his phone down before hugging Sarah back while rubbing her back. "I'm not choosing it... you just really make me strong, you know." He answered with a smug smile. "Oppa?" She called out with her shaky and tiny voice while looking up to him. "L-let's do our first night walk together later?" She asked making Baekhyun's smile even wider. "That's a good idea. Ahh~ I feel like I'm in a daydream right now. I can walk outside with you already." Baekhyun said and hugged her tightly until they were down the bed. He slung his leg over her body - his habit that always made Sarah whine. "Oppa, heavy—ouch..." She grunted while trying to get his heavy leg off of her waist. Baekhyun just let out his adorable 'hehehe~' as he hugged her even more and buried his face on the crook of her neck. "Oh by the way, Eomonim gave me something." Baekhyun lifted his head away from her neck for a while and took something out of his pocket. "Chajan~" He chanted and showed a wallet-sized photo. Sarah's eyes bulged out as she realized it was a childhood photo of her.

 

 

"Y-yah..." She tried grabbing it but Baekhyun hid it back into his pocket. "This is my new lucky charm." He said and got off the bed. "C'mon, let's eat. I still need to be in good vibes with your family." He said and winked before going out first. She stayed there for a couple of minutes to unwind. Everything happened so fast - she's insecure and worried but at the same time, she felt like a bag of sack was removed from her chest. She was tempted to check the netizens' further reactions but she chose to trust Baekhyun this time and ignore whatever they might have said. When she finally followed out, she saw Baekhyun with her young cousins who were watching cartoon in the living room. At the other side was the kitchen where her aunts were with her parents. Baekhyun and Sarah's eyes met and both smiled. "You okay there?" Sarah mouthed as if it was enough for Baekhyun to understand. He nodded and even wiggled his eyebrows before continue his kiddy chat with the kids. She then walked to her relatives who were preparing the plates on the table already and she helped. "Aigoo~ Sarah-yah, your boyfriend is so sweet. Your cousins kept on moving around here so it's hard to work on the dinner, so he dragged them all to the living room to watch for a while." Her Aunt Mirae said while placing each bowls and plates down the table. The reason why her cousins were all young is that, her mother was the oldest and her Aunts and Uncles all married late compared to her mother who went to America to work at a young age to support her younger siblings' studies and just send them money - that's her mother's story. Her cousins that were a bit older than the ones who are present right now aren't arriving yet.

Just when they were starting to chat more, they heard an ear-piercing scream from a girl. They all rushed out of the kitchen and saw Sarah's three female cousins who were teenagers. "OPPA!!!!" They all screamed together and there was Baekhyun standing in a stiff position but had a wide, kind of panicky smile on. "Baekhyun Oppa!!!" They all screamed and began jumping around. Sarah covered and began sniggering while walking towards them. "Annyeong, Yumi, Miyoung and Yujin~" She waved a hand. Since they haven't met, the girls slightly calmed down seeing their cousin for the first time. "S-sarah Unni, annyeonghaseyo." They all bowed but then began stifling their screams again looking at Baekhyun again who then spoke,

"Uh guys?"

"AHHHH!~" They all screamed again just by hearing his voice. "He's real! He's real He's not a standee!" They all screamed while hugging. All the elderlies were already laughing softly at the way the teenagers reacted. "Oh by the way, h-he's my boyfriend." Sarah introduced making all of them stop from screaming. "I guess... y-you haven't read the news... O-okay, my bad..." She added when she saw the girls' shocked faces and just bit her lower lip in guilt. "B-boyfriend..." They all muffled while glancing at each other, they were so speechless and no one talked for a few seconds. Even the elderly ended up silent at how shocked the three girls were. "U-uhm... Okay, ottoke..." Baekhyun looked away while trying to think of a way. "Uh, girls? Why not change first?" Their mothers - Sarah's aunties - walked to their daughters. Miyoung is an only child while Yumi and Yujin are fraternal twins - they are all classmates and hardcore EXO-L's. "E-eomma..." Their eyes were stuck at Baekhyun but were being dragged by their mothers already. This house they were in actually are the whole Hong residence, they are separated with houses but only one residence. That's how close they are. "C'mon, c'mon. Yujin and Yumi, go to your rooms. Miyoung go out and change first, just come back." The twins' mother, Hayoung said while glancing at the flustered couple. When the three teenagers were finally out of sight, Baekhyun heaved a sigh of relief. "I did not expect that." He murmured. Sarah on the other hand, looked at him in guilt.

"They're crying. Oh my god..."

"Sarah, don't worry. They're kids." Her mother then reassured. "So they're fans of Baekhyun?" Mr. Jacobs asked, all clueless of what just happened but he kind of guessed it by the actions. "Y-yes..." Sarah answered. "Guys, all done here." The two youngest of all Mrs. Jacob's siblings, Sarah's Uncle Seryong and Hanbin - whose kids were those kids in the living room - called from the dining table. They all walked to the dining table even the kids followed leaving Sarah and Baekhyun there standing still. "O-ottoke..." Sarah murmured. "It's gonna be fine. It's even better, we can explain to them personally." Baekhyun reassured her and held her hand. "Oppa... I haven't met them yet and I already make them sad..." Sarah said in worry so Baekhyun grabbed her by the face and pecked her on the lips. "Don't worry okay?" He said. Just when he was letting go of her face, they heard whimper sounds making them all turn. There's Yujin and Yumi already by the end of the stairs with their sad faces as they saw that scene seconds ago. "Yujin, Yumi..." Sarah tried waling to them but they just both looked away at the same time and walked to the dining table. Just then, Miyoung came back while panting. "Oppa, I read the article. So it's true??" She asked - different from the twins' reaction. "Uh... Y-yes..." Baekhyun said keeping his head hung low. "How long have you been dating? Sarah Unni... how did... how did you meet?" Miyoung began asking which made the couple gulp and they unknowingly held each other's hands. "I-it's a long story, so I ju-" So you've been together for a long time?" The teenager asked not even letting Sarah finish her sentence. "Uhm... Excuse me..." Baekhyun tried helping out which earned a weakening sigh from the girl who quickly turned to him.

"Uh... Miyoung ssi... I hope... even if we met here and you didn't expect it... including Yujin and Y-yumi... I hope this stays private."

"Can we take pictures?" Minyoung asked as if Baekhyun didn't say anything. "Uh... Minyo-" Sarah Unni, take our picture." The girl shoved her cellphone to Sarah and stood beside Baekhyun with a light smile. "W-wait..." Baekhyun backed away when the girl held on his arm. "Oppa, it's okay." Sarah said maintaining a calm expression before stepping backwards. "Miyoung-ah? Let's go here now?~" Aunt Mirae then called for her daughter. "Eomma, wait a minute!" The girl said. "Sarah Unni, what are you waiting for?? Take it, palli!" She said so comfortably although they just met today. Baekhyun got bugged off at how disrespectful the girl was. Sarah took the picture although Baekhyun had an obvious forced smile. He quickly moved away from the teenager as soon as Sarah gave the phone back. "Let's go." He said grabbing her hand. Miyoung glanced down intently at their hands but trailed behind them.

When they were all in the long dining table already, it grew silent for a while until Mrs. Jacobs cut it. "Okay, first of all... I'm very happy to be able to have a vacation here. With my four siblings... now with my husband and daughter. And also, Baekhyunnie, thank you for making an effort to know me baby girl's family." She spoke while looking at all of them with a smile. Yujin and Yumi have calmed down a bit although they were still shocked, Miyoung on the other hand still had an indifferent face while observing Sarah and Baekhyun so much as if she didn't believe the relationship at all. "My pleasure, Eomonim." Baekhyun smiled and bowed his head a little. "Uh, excuse me..." Sarah raised her hand like a student making them all turn. "I j-just want to explain. I d-didn't know... Yujin, Yumi, and Miyoung are fans... but I want to apologize..." She said and bowed. "Hey..." Baekhyun held her arm not wanting her bowing like that. "Unni, you're our cousin. It's fine now, we were just shocked. And also, you don't have to apologize, we're just fans." Yujin said with a light smile. "She needs to. Baekhyun oppa mentioned in their last interview that he's single." Miyoung said. "He lied again." She added. "Miyoung..." Aunt Mirae said sternly. "Miyoung ssi... That's a white lie. We haven't revealed our relationship yet and of course, I would not say I have a girlfriend. I'm protecting your cousin." Baekhyun explained. "Oppa, I hated it when you dated Taeyeon Unni, and I hate it more that you're dating my cousin." Miyoung said and that's when Aunt Mirae stood up. "Okay, that's enough. Let's go home and we will talk first before you can come back here." She said pulling her daughter up. "Sarah, I'm really sorry. I'm gonna talk to her." Aunt Mirae said and dragged the teenager out. "Unni, I'm sorry... Yujin and I like Sehun Oppa and Kai Oppa... Miyoung likes Baekhyun Oppa. Yujin and I were just really shocked earlier..." Yumi explained. "I-it's okay..." Sarah said with a light smile. So because of what happened, their dinner was much quieter than expected. Mrs. Jacobs' siblings tried to brighten it up a bit, especially the male ones.

After dinner, they began cleaning up but didn't let Sarah and Baekhyun help anymore. They just went to the living room with Sarah's young cousins including the twins. "Sarah Unni, it seems like Miyoung is scolded. She won't come back yet." Yujin said while glancing at the door. "We'll talk to her personally later." Baekhyun reassured the two. "Uh, Unni? Is it okay to ask? We won't spread it, we promise... We're just curious of how long have you been together?" Yumi spoke. Baekhyun and Sarah looked at each other with a smile. "We dated for two months before being officially a couple. We've been together for over a year now." Baekhyun explained and Sarah tilted her head with a judging smile. "It's like that now huh?~" She asked while nodding teasingly. "Uh-huh uhuh~ It is, wae, any problem? huh?" Baekhyun mimicked her and nodded as well. It made the twins unknowingly smile seeing their interaction. "Actually, Yujin and Yumi. I had to wait for two months before he had the guts to confess." Sarah said making Baekhyun laugh in surprise but the couple did a high-five. "Moya?~" Baekhyun asked and tapped her on the lap lightly. "Wae, any problem?" Sarah mimicked him as well and the two scrunched their noses at the same time. "Unni, Oppa, you two are very cute." Yujin and Yumi shared their same thoughts while giggling. "Anyway, you two girls... Since we're staying here for about a week, how about show us around?" Baekhyun asked making the twins have their eyes lighten up. "We will we will~" They answered at the same time. "By the way, since you two are as cute as your Sarah Unni. I will give you two a gift." He said while taking his phone out. "W-what is it?" They asked and glanced at Baekhyun who was typing on his phone. He was calling Jongin. And he put it to speakerphone right away which made the twins jolt up when it began ringing.

"Hyung?"

"AHHHHH!~" Yujin and Yumi all screamed while bouncing on the couch. Sarah sniggered while hitting Baekhyun's arm. "Moya? What's that, I almost had a heart attack." Jongin asked hearing the screams. "You two, calm down and don't waste this opportunity~" Sarah muffled and the twins tried their best to calm down while nodding. They sat down again and Baekhyun moved his phone closer to them. "O-oppa..." They both called with their very similar voices. "Nuguseyo?" Jongin asked. Yujin and Yumi were tightly holding each other's hands and had their eyes closed tightly. "Oh, Jongin-ah. Call, Sehun." Baekhyun then said. Yujin's eyes lit up and began fanning herself. "Oh... Sehun's taking a shower." Jongin said. "AHHHH!" Yujin couldn't help herself and screamed. "Hyung, seriously, aren't you in Jeju?" Jongin asked. "Yes. Sarah's cousins are EXO-L~ Woot woot!" Baekhyun chanted. "Oh chincha?" Jongin asked while chuckling. "Yeah, call them. Yujin and Yumi. They're cute twins." Baekhyun said making the two girls snigger while literally shuddering the whole time. "Oh annyeong, Yujinnie and Yumi-yah." Jongin said. The twins were shaking each other's bodies back and forth making the couple chuckle in satisfaction. "Hyung, how about we ju—ah! Sehun-ah, come here." Jongin spoke making the twins jolt up again. "Sehun-ah." Baekhyun called.

"Oh, ne hyung."

"S-sehun Oppa... Omo omo..." Yujin covered while Yumi fanned her with her bare hand. "Nuguseyo?" Sehun asked. "Oppa, I'm your fan. I'm Sarah Unni's cousin." Yujin managed to speak with her shaky voice. "Oh... Ne, annyeonghaseyo Yujin ssi." Sehun greeted. Lucky fans, they were able to have a little chat with Sehun and Jongin, thanks to Baekhyun. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it longer because the two are going to practice. After the call ended, Yujin and Yumi continuously bowed to Baekhyun. "Oppa, thank you very much... We'll keep that memory forever..." They said. "Aigoo, kyeopta." Baekhyun said and ruffled their heads. The twins had their shoulders jolted up and they both shuddered at the sensation of Baekhyun's hand but they were much calmer. "Oppa, we promise we'll talk to Miyoung. She just really loves you so much. Before, Oppa you know... she even travelled to Seoul to watch The Lost Planet without Aunt Mirae knowing and she was scolded so much... worse, she got the money from Aunt's vault without asking permission..." Yujin said. Baekhyun heaved a sigh and shook his head. "Girls, we want to receive your support but never in that way." Baekhyun said. "Ne, Oppa. Yumi and I never did that." Yujin said. "I think it'll be a tough talk with Miyoung, huh?" He turned to Sarah who had a worried face. As if on cue, Miyoug came back in with her mother. She had a big frown while glancing at them so Sarah took the initiative to call her.

"Miyoung, can Baekhyun and I talk to you?"