Genuinely Yours

Gotcha Heart

 

"Thank you! I love you EXO-L!~"

The men of EXO just finished their fifth live stage and the limited number of fans who were able to watch were all screams as they ended it uniquely. They simultaneously bowed and some even walked up to the rafter edge of the stage to wave their hands at them. "Aeris, I love you!~" Baekhyun jumped around excitedly while giving a heart sign. It made all the fans scream much louder while the other members began dancing along. When they were already asked by the staffs to leave the stage, EXO bowed in unison again and waved their hands while walking off. As soon as the fans were out of sight, they all heaved a sigh while glancing at Kyungsoo who was back to his depressed state from earlier. "Yah~ Cheer up, it's just a dog." Baekhyun walked to his side and patted the man's back. "Winter's not just a dog." Kyungsoo muffled and just walked off first. The remaining members just looked at each other and sighed. Apparently, a bad news took place this morning with Kyungsoo and Nabi's first baby ever since high school - Winter - passed away because of an illness. Kyungsoo almost didn't continue with the comeback stage if only EXO didn't insist. They were already preparing earlier while Kyungsoo tries to calm his crying wife through the phone. Although it was just a dog - just like what Baekhyun said - the couple has treated Winter like a real child ever since she came to their lives.

"Kyungsoo-yah."

As soon as they arrived at the waiting room, Kyungsoo just walked towards the far corner where his bag was at - to call his wife again. "Why don't we let him go home yet?" Baekhyun murmured to his other members. "He doesn't want to see Winter's body anymore. He just let his mother-in-law fix everything starting from the vet hospital..." Jongin muffled. They were all looking at the silent guy in concern. "He told me he already expected it. I even came with him last week at the vet. Winter's very weak already but he never told Nabi in detaile... So Nabi's much more shocked." The guy added. "They still have Winter's puppies right? Summer, Autumn and Spring?" Baekhyun asked. "Yes but of course Winter's different. Gosh, how much Kyungsoo and Nabi loved that dog. "Minseok spoke. Heaving a sigh, Baekhyun walked to Kyungsoo and sat beside him. "Yah, who knows... Winter gave way to your future child?" He spoke with a comforting smile. Kyungsoo just glanced at him with a light nod. "Yah~ I'm not kidding. It does make sense. When you and Nabi officially start a family with a baby, you will eventually lose time for Winter and anyway, it will be much harder to take care of her if she gets sicker when you already have a child ... So she gave way because she loves you both." Baekhyun explained. "I'm just worried about Nabi. She kept on crying earlier. I feel guilty for not telling her Winter can't really make it already..." Kyungsoo said while massaging his forehead. "It's normal. Sarah cried for days just because of a tiny life as big as my palm in the name of Tony Stark, alright. Don't even argue." Baekhyun snorted earning a light but still solemn chuckle from Kyungsoo. "Well... to distract you a bit from the lost... C-can you give me an advice?" Baekhyun the leaned closer making Kyungsoo glance at him with his raised eyebrow. "What about?" He asked. Baekhyun took a quick look at the other members who were all around the waiting room before looking back down at Kyungsoo.

"W-what should I.... b-buy first? Uhm... E-engagement ring or a house?"

Kyungsoo blinked listening to what Baekhyun has to say. "House? You two already have a house, right?" He asked. "I know b-but... I want to give her another house in Jeju ‘cause she likes that place... I’m currently deciding on what to do first... propose with a ring or propose with the house?" Baekhyun muffled. "C'mon, you're best at this..." He pleaded. "What best? Up until now I'm paying the mortgage of our house in New York and that's because I freakin' bought an expensive ring first, alright... And don't even mention the wedding. Imagine how many SM artists I had to pay for just to bring them there? That’s the worst punishment I ever got from Soo Man." Kyungsoo murmured with a derpy stern frown. "But you're richer than I. Help me decide." Baekhyun muffled. "You know how I'm already supporting her right now. EXO's salary's stable but whenever I think of all my plans one by one, I feel like I'll run out." He said. "You'll run out if you're thinking too much. Sarah's a simply girl. She would want a simple wedding if you already want to." Kyungsoo said. "Why? Nabi isn't simple then?" Baekhyun asked back earning a smack from Kyungsoo. "It’s Soo Man’s punishment, remember." Kyungsoo retorted and rolled his eyes. "Dude, just help me decide. I want to make it special for her. Please. The kind of special that she will say yes a hundred percent." Baekhyun pleaded again. Kyungsoo was about to speak when his wife began calling. Without even looking at Baekhyun, he stood up while pressing the answer button.

"Yah, talk to me first. Who's more important?"

"You want me to injure your whole body until you can't move anymore and eventually die in the end so that I won't have to answer your question?" Kyungsoo asked before walking to one corner and putting his phone on his ear. "Aish..." Baekhyun was left there with an unanswered worry. He scratched his head while staring in space. It was most pressuring for him to propose to Sarah because he doesn't know if she's all ready now. It's not that he will marry her right away after getting her yes, of course they would plan it first. They would probably be able to fix every single thing that needs to be fixed by early or mid next year hopefully. Financially, as what he had said, he felt like he will run out of it but not actually. He's just exaggerating things because he tends to think about too much at one time. His thoughts were only interrupted by the sound of the door opening. He stood up to bow like the usual when he realized who it was. "Oh?" His feet began dragging him towards the figure that entered - his girlfriend while his two managers trailed behind. "What are you doing here?" He asked with his growing smile and glanced down at the paper bags Sarah was holding, the managers were also holding some to help the woman. "I brought food for EXO and Staffs~" She said and bowed to the staffs. "Wow! Food delivery!" The EXO members began rushing to the table at the corner where Sarah placed the bags at. "Did you watch there earlier?" Baekhyun asked and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. "Yup~ I was at very back so not seen well." Sarah answered and began greeting some of the stylists, assistants and also EXO's managers. "Thank you for taking care of Baekhyun." She continuously said and it made Baekhyun smile unknowingly. He least expected her to do this thing since she is mostly an introvert.

The simple effort made his heart flutter as if it was having its first love. Their first month of public relationship has been a mix of good and bad but nevertheless, both sides made them hold onto each other tight. He knows how much effort Sarah's been putting to their relationship nowadays and sometimes, he gets so amused of it. Another reason why he was starting to plan on a proposal. Her love makes him ready to do it.

Sarah gave out all of the disposable food set to each and every staffs, also including the EXO members. She lastly gave Baekhyun's and sat down beside him on the couch. "You all so cool earlier. EXO jjang~" She said and clapped her hands. "Why do this?" Baekhyun asked with a chuckle while opening the food container. "Nothing..." Sarah said wit her tiny voice before giggling. She even nudged their shoulders together like a child. "Oppa, some fans recognized me and they greet me." She then said with a grin. "Oh chincha? What did they say?" Baekhyun asked. "They tell me to take care of you well. I said, always I will, ever since." Sarah answered still with her kiddy grin on. "Oh by the way, when's the last time you chatted with Nabi? Their dog just died this morning." Baekhyun said and that finally made Sarah frown hard. "Chincha?? Omo..." She glanced at Kyungsoo's direction right away and stood up. "Kyungsoo... I'm very sorry for lost." Sarah pouted hard while rubbing Kyungsoo's arm. "Did Baekhyun tell you? Thank you... I hope you also take a little time to chat with Nabi, she must be much lonelier there now... I think a girly talk would help." Kyungsoo said with a light smile. "Ne ne ne, I promise I will call her." Sarah answered and eagerly nodded. "By the way, thanks for the food." Kyungsoo said and gave her a light nod again before looking down to the food. Sarah walked back to Baekhyun and sat down still with that pout.

"Wae?"

"Nabi must be very sad right now... I know how it feels..." Sarah said. "Geez, it's just a pet. I can even understand them, Winter's a lovely dog. Tony's merely the greatest er in the world who fought with me for your attention." Baekhyun muffled and that earned him a very big slap on the arm. "Ouch! What was that for??" He shouted making everyone glance at them but knowing the couple well, they just shrugged their shoulders. "Tony is lovely pet too! He's the sweetest and most comforting friend I ever had!" Sarah argued back. "What? Hamsters don't talk, Sarah. He never comforted you. Throughout his life, he only ate celeries, carrots and corns and then hid food, and then nibbled with things and then run on the hamster wheel. Nothing else, nothing relevant." Baekhyun snorts as a matter of fact. "No, he comforted me when Oppa's being an ." Sarah said and folded her arms. "Excuse me?? When was I an ?" Baekhyun asked back with a frown. "Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week." Sarah answered. "Oh, really? Really huh?" Baekhyun put the food container down and began poking Sarah on the sides making her jolt up. "No! Yah—Oppa! Stop!" The couple began teasing each other and the staffs and EXO just laughed while watching. "Oppa, serious now. Stop~" Sarah laughed while pushing Baekhyun's hands off while panting. The two finally got tired and both flopped down the couch again. "I am not sure if I can come home today. We have two radio guestings." Baekhyun spoke while dabbing his fingers out on the sweats of his forehead. "Kwaenchana." Sarah said with a sweet smile. "Oppa, I just give food anyway. I'll leave too." She stood up while patting her dress straight again. "I'll send you off. We'll stay here for the ending." Baekhyun stood up as well putting his food down. He let his girlfriend bid goodbye to EXO and the staffs first before they walked out of the waiting room. Baekhyun would occasionally bow to people he would pass by and Sarah would just imitate him even if she didn't know any of them. She would constantly ask him who they are right after bowing.

As they arrived at the huge hall of the KBS Building, some fans were in line for the next live performances. "O-oppa..." Sarah unconsciously trailed behind Baekhyun while holding on the hem of his suit. It was because the fans were all looking at them, unlike the EXO-L who - she's lucky enough - greeted her earlier at the limited performance area for EXO. But now that it was a mix of different kinds of fans, she felt rather insecure and scared again. "Don't mind them..." Baekhyun tilted his head aside and whispered to her. "Oppa!" Some of them started calling although most of them were from different fandoms.

"Moya?~ She's not Korean, isn't she?"

"Where did she come from?"

"How do they talk? Does she know Korean?"

"Oppa~ probably your comeback topped the charts again because of the news huh? You'll eventually beat our Oppa's."

"Yah, who knows, she's Korean she just took plastic surgery."

"Yeah, she looks unnatural anyway. Let's not mind them."

The whole time, the couple just maintained a straight face until they finally reached the end of that long line of brutal variety of fandom. Once they were out of the very building, some more fans were there crowded but good there were metal barriers and guards. "Oppa! Baekhyun Oppa!" They started getting crazy while taking pictures. Sarah put her hoodie on and kept her head hung low. "Oppa, you shouldn't have walked me out..." She muffled. "If I didn't, would you have passed these people easier?" Baekhyun asked back and acted as if there weren't any other people but them. "Oppa! She's so pretty!" Finally, they heard a positive comment which made Baekhyun look up with a bright smile. He gave a thumbs up which made them much crazier and they started calling for them more. "Unni! What's your name! Unni!" They started calling the anxious girl. "Sarah." Baekhyun mouthed with his lips while looking at them. "Ne Oppa?? Oppa we didn't understand!" They were squealing and all but maintained their cameras up to them. "Oppa, hajima..." Sarah muffled shyly while trying to stop Baekhyun but she already had a smile on. "SARAH!" Baekhyun exclaimed with a wide smile and they all screamed even more. Sarah covered her whole face as she felt her cheeks heating up just by what he said. "Sarah Unni! Annyeong!" Unni, can you look at my camera?" Unni, you’re so pretty!" They started giving their attention to her more which finally made her look up with hesitant smile. "Wave at them." Baekhyun looked down to her with a sweet smile. She felt shy and she couldn't move her hands at all but that was until Baekhyun grabbed her left hand and made her wave her hand himself. It was so noisy outside already because of the couple.

How weird it must be for them to have haters and supporters in 50/50?

Arriving at the side streets, Sarah called for a cab and fortunately, one stopped right away. "Oppa, you go back there now." Sarah said and patted his arm. "Okay. Radio schedules okay? But I will still try to come home." Baekhyun said and fixed her fringe. "Ani, Oppa. Dorm is nearer. You just go straight there and rest quickly." Sarah said while opening the car door. "Alright alright. Go home straight okay? It's gonna get dark in a few hours." Baekhyun looked around before leaning down to give her a light peck on the lips. "Bye. Love you." He scooted down to look at her as she entered. "Love you too, bye~” Sarah waved a hand and Baekhyun did the initiative to close the door.

Watching the car drive away, Baekhyun's lips curved up at the feeling he was having. He felt so free with her and he did not expect he would be able to handle it now. In the past, he remembered being too focused on the hate more than anything. Before, the very relationship never eased the trouble the haters gave, it just worsened it. His past relationship was technically controlled by people's judgments. And also at the same time, maybe he wasn't mature enough yet. But now, at this moment of time, he felt like he could pass everything because it's with Sarah. Neither he or Sarah - that he can say - is mature and tough but their partnership is - that's more than enough.

_ _ _

 

"Eomma~ Say Eomma~"

Smiling down to her baby, Sarah had a wide smile on while gently clapping her hands. The cute baby boy had a light brown hair - almost blonde and his eyes were brown. He had thin puffy lips just like his father's and tall nose that he got from his mother. "Oppa~ Come here, he's babbling~" Sarah turned to her husband who quickly walked her way and crawled right on the bed. "You're gonna speak eh? Appa? Eomma?" Her husband, Baekhyun, chanted with a wide smile. The baby boy giggled while staring at his parents, from his mother to his father. "Ah kyeopta..." Baekhyun leaned his head on Sarah's while staring at their baby.

"Oppa?"

"Hm?"

"I love you..."

Smiling down to her, the husband and wife made the tips of their noses touch before sharing a chaste kiss. "And I love you too." Baekhyun muffled and Sarah giggled before looking down to their baby again. "Dongyul-ah~" She called softly. "Aniya, he likes his Christian name more. I called him with that and he kept on looking. See..." Baekhyun argued like a kid and darted his eys down to the baby.  "Daniel~" He called.

"Eyy~ Whatever. It's both him." Sarah said and nudged her husband while chuckling. "Yeah..." Baekhyun heaved a sigh as he had a very loving smile. "And he's both of us... He really made us one." He glanced down at Sarah and smiled before kissing her on the lips again and suddenly tapped her on the cheek.

"Hmm... Oppa?"

Baekhyun suddenly disappeared. Sarah's sight began blurrying that made her quickly turn to her baby and the sight began swirling around until it turned black. Everything was gone. She couldn't breathe anymore.

 

"Dongyul-ah!"

Face full of sweat, Sarah shot up from the bed while panting hard. "Who the hell is Dongyul?" She turned and saw Baekhyun's face through the darkness. "N-ne?" She muffled and touched her face. "I just arrived and I've been trying to wake you up. You're like giggling and all. You even said 'I love you' to someone. Who the hell are you dreaming about?" Baekhyun asked in anger. "W-when did you arrive?" Sarah asked and glanced at the clock. It's already three in the morning. "Don't change the topic. Who's that Dongyul?" Baekhyun grabbed her wrist and he had a serious face, Sarah could see it even though it was dark. "N-nothing..." She began blushing and got off the bed. She walked to the bathroom to wash her face since she's all flustered because of that unexpected dream. Baekhyun followed her with a big frown. "Who's Dongyul?" He asked and watched her rush to the sink and began splashing water on her face. "Answer me." He insisted and grabbed Sarah on the shoulder pulling her up. "I-it's our baby..." Sarah muffled with her barely audible voice. "What?" Baekhyun asked and his eyebrows furrowed. Sarah looked away as droplets of water trickled down her face. "I dreamt of having a baby boy... and we named him Dongyul... and his Christian name is Daniel..." She mumbled. Baekhyun grew silent as he could only stare at her right now. "H-he... has a light brown hair, like my natural hair..." Sarah continued and their eyes met already. "He got... your eyes, and in my eye color... Your lips... and my nose..." Sarah's eyes glittered with joy just by describing her dream to Baekhyun. "W-we look so happy..." She muttered and her lips were already curving up. Baekhyun then moved closer to her and grabbed her damp face.

"W-wae Oppa?"

"H-how I wish I could see that Dongyul too..." He mumbled with his loving tone. "Oppa... H-he's so beautiful..." Sarah murmured and her voice has gone shaky. She's about to cry. "I-it felt so real... Oppa... I c-can feel my heart thumping with joy..." She began crying and Baekhyun pulled her in for a hug. "And you're making my heart raise, do you know that..." He whispered softly. "Oppa... I w-want... want a child." Sarah murmured. The couple pulled away from the hug at the same time and stared at each other. "Y-you want to?" Baekhyun asked and his voice cracked as he tried to chuckle it out but his tears began forming in his eyes. "Seeing us... as a family, as one... with our child even if it's just a dream... is the most beautiful thing I've even seen, Oppa..." Sarah hushed while cupping his face. "Baekhyun, I love you so much..." She cried out while his cheek with her thumb. Baekhyun's tears trickled down his cheeks already as she looked down to her. His chest was pounding so fast at the sight of her overflowing love she was showing him. "I wanted it real... I really thought it was real... I-it was the best thing. Oppa, how I wish I could show you how beautiful he was... I want to-" Her words were cut off when Baekhyun spoke with his barely audible and cracked voice.

"S-sarah, marry me?"

 

'No further thoughts needed, no more seeking of advices, no more doubts...

Real and genuine feelings always come out naturally. '