Giving In

Gotcha Heart

 

Today - EXO'luxion in Macau took place. First half of it, Baekhyun performed his best like always. Pulling off another new color shade of his hair - actually it just turned grayish and much ashier than before, he tried his best to look fine and lively even though he had a slight fever. Ever since his visit to Bucheon with Sarah, he hasn't met her again for three days now - which is actually a usual thing, they only meet like two or three times in a week anyway. He was supposed to be used to it but what made it bad is Sarah's absence even on texting. She wasn't replying nor opening his messages to her. He could have checked her up personally but he couldn't because of schedule and right now he's in Macau so it's much harder. Not that it had something to do with it - or at least, maybe - he just caught a slight fever this morning when he woke up. But then when the second half of the concert took place - it was kind of visible already that his mind was somewhat blank. Fans who are very observant might be the only ones who would have seen it though. He plays and fools around but his eyes say it all that his mind was flying somewhere else and that he was a bit not in a fine state.

But is it because of fever? Fortunately, unfortunate enough, it isn't.

Something actually happened.

 

During one member's solo before the first half, EXO was changing their wardrobe set already and Baekhyun had a chance to check on his phone, so as the other members did, and he automatically checked Sarah out. Like the usual for already three days, there was zero replies. Not even stickers since she always sends some if she's busy and can't really reply any word. "You okay?" One member, Lay passed by him and patted his back. "Yup." He forced a nod and a smile before glancing around the hot atmosphere of the chaotic dressing room. He was growing more and more frustrated as time goes by that her indifference with his texts was escalating. Now there is only way to check her aside from text or calls - SNS. With his very curious somewhat concerned mind, Baekhyun opened his Instagram account and searched for Sarah's account that he never dared following because of fans. The photos were still loading but he had already pressed onto the latest post and it loaded. "Oh, it was yesterd—“ His lips stopped on forming his words when the photo finally showed up and it wasn't what he was expecting or at least he never expected at all.

 

That moment on, his mind grew blank. He didn't react further but he thought he lost it - the capacity to act fine. He felt a lump in his throat and his eyes were firmly glued down to the photo. 'Who is he?' 'What are they doing?' 'Where are they?' 'Why is she with him?' and so much more questions were filling his mind out. With his hard expression on, he walked to EXO's assistants and gave his phone after turning it off. He was silent from that moment on. Other EXO members inevitably noticed their joker man's silence out of the blue but none of them dared to ask anymore. For the second half of the concert, only a few songs left - Baekhyun looked very much fine as long as you didn't look at him in the eyes. He was the same old funny Baekhyun outside but his eyes were going everywhere, obvious disturbance could be slightly seen - if not - by great observers. At least, he was still much good enough acting like he's enjoying. He was used to it anyway but deep inside his thoughts were still filled with that one photo he just saw.

 

 

Nevertheless, he still gave his best and cutest self in the remaining songs for the concert. That's how good he is - maybe.

After that long tiring concert, EXO went back straight to the hotel. For this schedule, he was roomed with the oldest, Minseok so it gave him a much peaceful atmosphere since the guy doesn't converse much and also talks on the phone more. After finishing a long shower, Baekhyun let Minseok go next and he just wore boxers to sleep topless. He flopped down the bed with a very exhausted face and was checking his own temperature, he still had it. If earlier it was only mild, now he thought it's an actual fever already. But he ignored it this time. He simply closed his eyes and just right then and then, the photo flashed back into his mind which caused him to open his eyelids wide again. He couldn't explain what he feels or what he should feel about it cause one thing only crosses his mind - they weren't together to start off. She wasn't his to act like he cares about such photo. But then his heart was shouting in so much aggravation that didn't help him at all. They’ll go back to Korea tomorrow morning as well and no schedules until the end of the month but he didn't feel like going to her - he didn't know how to go to her. Pulling himself up again, he walked to the mini fridge and took out a can of beer - his usual thing whenever he's in deep thought. He opened the can effortlessly before gulping down its content straight up.

Sitting back down to the edge of the bed, he placed his elbows on his kneecaps and stared in space. It was dead silent, only the running water from inside the bathroom filled the place out. But that was until his Kakao Ringtone rang, filling the soundness of the room. He turned to the left on the bedside table and saw his phone screen showing Sarah's face on the Caller I.D. He couldn't move his hands to reach for it at all. He didn't want to hear her voice although he's been wanting to. He didn't want to put himself to sleep through talking to her like the usual - he wanted to sleep through the can of beer in his hand right now. It continued ringing and Baekhyun just looked away ignoring it completely. Just then, his phone began beeping nonstop this time notifying him with messages - it was also Sarah. Gulping down the last amount of beer in the can, he squeezed it empty before throwing it in the trash bin. He stood up again and got another can - he needs to sleep, he really needs to sleep, that's the only thing running in his mind right now. He stood there by the bed as he opened the can. His eyes couldn't help but to glance down at the lighten up phone screen and would see constant pop-ups of her messages. He could only read the word 'Oppa' and it sees like she just kept on sending them since he was ignoring her.

The constant calls and text went on for more than a few minutes but Baekhyun was really tough. Having a total of five cans of beer empty, he already collapsed down the bed still awake. "! Let me sleep!" He suddenly exclaimed and just the right time, Minseok finally came out of the bathroom wearing a robe. "The hell?" He asked and was surprised to see the empty cans there. "Yah, we have a flight tomorrow and you have a fever right? What are you doing." Minseok walked towards the guy's bed and tried pulling him up. "Yah. What is wrong with y—“ Just then that his eyes landed on the phone constantly lighting up with calls and messages. "Yah, your phone's ringing. I'll answ—“Andwae... H-hyung... A-andwae..." Baekhyun groaned loudly as he weakly pulled himself up. "What the hell is wrong with you, your phone's been ring—“L-let her... F o-other guys..." Baekhyun murmured and collapsed down again. "I-I don't have the right to-to... to...  get... not... not mine... she not... ha ha ha~ I-I've gone stupid like that woman... f-ing h-hell..." The already drunk guy laughed while messing his hair up. Glancing down at the phone again, Minseok finally grabbed it and answered. "Hello?" He spoke hesitantly while still nudging the drunken Baekhyun on his knees. "H-hello?" A female voice answered and Minseok closed his mouth in a firm line. Of course he knew about Baekhyun secretly seeing a girl but none of the EXO has seen her - or that's what he knows.

"Ah... ne, Baekhyun's here but... h-he's not..."

"Ne?" She asked in confusion. "I'm one of s by the way. Do you need something? He's kinda... well how do you say this... He's—“I hate this!" Baekhyun shouted but his eyes were already shut closed. "that guy who just shouted..." Minseok finished his sentence. "M-mister, is he alright?" Sarah asked in concern. "Well, I'm not really sure how to explain ‘cause I don't know why he just drank. Miss, actua—“Minseok couldn't finish his sentence when Baekhyun pulled himself up again and snatched the phone from him. "D-don't call me... I d-don't need you..." He muffled on the phone before throwing it down the floor. "Oh my goodness." Minseok groaned as Baekhyun's phone made a loud thud on the floor. "What the hell, dude?" He asked and picked it up. "Yah, get up. That's a girl, you shouldn't have said that." He began pulling the drunken man up and dragged him to the bathroom. "Yah. Whatever it is, geez, cool down on your temper man. You need to have communication in relationships. Don't just shut her off like that." Minseok scolded and began splashing water on Baekhyun's face. "Aish, you just took a shower." He said and clacked his tongue. Baekhyun just flapped down by the low sink and stared in space, his face was damp and droplets of water were trickling down his chin.

"T-there is no relationship..."

Because the way he said that was nearly whispered, Minseok only turned to him not hearing it. "I don't know anything about the two of you but I think you should call her again." He said while filling a glass with water from the sink. "No... I don't w-want to..." Baekhyun murmured and that's when Minseo splashed the whole glass of water on his face. "Wake up. Don't be silly and get up. Don't you remember? We're gonna have a late dinner out in a few. I'll go out first, freshen up again. Don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut." Minseok said before stepping out of the bathroom. Groggily pulling himself up, Baekhyun walked out of the bathroom while holding onto the wall. He wasn't that drunk to the point of not remembering anything but he was more uncontrollable and usually his walk gets affected. He flopped down weak on his bed and glanced at the phone beside him. His hand hesitantly grabbed it and turned it on. With his eyes closed, he pressed on the call button to call Sarah. This time, it only took him four rings before she answered. "O-Oppa..." Her voice was shaky and he knew why. He didn't mean what he said earlier but still he did. "Oppa, why did you drink? Is there something bothering you?" She asked. Baehyun closed his eyes again and covered them with his free hand. "N-nothing..." He murmured just enough for her to hear. "O-oppa... are you mad that I wasn't answer calls? Very sorry... very little time to play with phone because we're computing grades." Sarah explained. "B-but you have a time to take a picture with a guy..." He hitched.

"Huh? What gu—you mean on Instagram?"

"What else..." Baekhyun said. "He's my co-teacher whom I went dinner with yesterday. We're last ones in office so we eat." Sarah explained. "Oppa, he's just a friend." She added. "I don't care whether he's a friend, a boyfriend or a one-time thing." He spoke and it was obvious that he was still intoxicated. "Oppa..." Sarah murmured, he could already imagine her pouting. "Oppa? W-when can I see you? I really miss you very very..." She said but Baekhyun just kept silent. "Oppa... why I feel you're upset... Oppa, tell me..." She whined softly that made Baekhyun's knees weak even if he was drunk. "Oppa... I never meet guys since I knew you... Promise, really..." She said. "I said I don't care right? Who's stopping y-you? Did I? I never did." He groaned. "You did not but I don't want to, Oppa... Cause only want you..." Sarah answered and again, Baekhyun grew panicky inside. He felt like throwing up already. "Oppa... miss you so much... Oppa, promise you're the only guy I like." She said. "I said I don't ca—“Oppa miss you very very very much... Oppa please... let's see... wanna hug and kiss you, plenty of it..." Sarah cut him off. As if it was a hangover medicine, Baekhyun calmed down because of how she pleaded. But then, his denied jealousy was still inside of him. "Next week." He answered and groaned, heck, he doesn't want to wait for another week but his pride was taking over this situation.

"Oppa—that's so long... Oppa, want to see y-"

"That's your punishment. Take it or leave it..." He said. "Punishment... w-what did I do?" Sarah asked in confusion but not answering anymore, Baekhyun hung up right away. Letting go of his phone, he covered his moist face with both of his hands and groaned loudly. "I'm jealous and I can't be j-jealous..." He muttered to himself and began hitting his own chest again as if it would ease the panging sensation on that area. At that moment he was doing that, the door opened again, "Hyung, wait a sec..." He murmured but it wasn't just Minseok alone, he was with Kyungsoo. The only EXO members who has interacted with Sarah. "Yah, Hyung said you're fighting with Sarah?" Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun just groaned and tried to lie down in sideways to avoid them. "Yah." Getting ignored, Kyungsoo nudged him on the leg. "N-nothing worth f-fighting about..." He murmured barely opening his mouth. "What do you me—“Cause we're nothing..." Baekhyun cut the guy off even before he finishes his sentence. "Baekhyun-ah, they're all inside the van now. We're going now." Minseok spoke. "Tell them I have headache." Baekhyun said and covered his head with a pillow. "Hyung, I got this. Tell them I'll follow in a few. I'll talk to him." Kyungsoo signaled Minseok to go out first since he knew Baekhyun and Sarah's real status. The guy only nodded in silence before going out of the room even closing it locked. Then turning to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo gently sat down the edge of the bed.

"Baekhyun, if you're already falling for her then stop this fling."

"I'm not." Baekhyun answered right away but it came out murmured again since the pillow was right on his face. "I really want to help you, Baekhyun... I mean if not because of you we—“I don't want to talk. Please, just leave now." Baekhyun cut him off. Kyungsoo heaved a sigh watching the guy be all gloomy like that but to respect him, he stood up ready to leave but before that, he spoke.

"If you're not falling for her. If you think you won't ever do... I suggest you to just cut everything off. Cause you might be just hurting a hoping woman..."

After that, Kyungsoo did leave the room finally. When Baekhyun was left alone again, he removed the pillow from his face and opened his eyes to stare at the ceiling "C-cut everything off..." He mumbled and suddenly, his heart throbbed in a painful way. He reached for his face and covered it with his hands. "I want to..." He groaned and closed his eyes tightly. Again, he hits his own chest as if it's been his way to punish himself, "I can't..." He muttered in so much frustration.

 

­_ _ _

 

Ever since that thing happened, Baekhyun and Sarah barely contacted each other. Well, Sarah actually tried to but Baekhyun never answered. Their last conversation would be that one night in Macau and it's been over a week ago. But even so, Sarah still held on to that 'next week' although it has already passed. That day, she actually waited for him in her house but he never came. She just thought maybe he was still busy and so she was ready to wait for the coming 'next week' again. She was willing to wait and understand even if she didn't know why he was acting so cold all of a sudden. When she has known about him being moody, she has come to accept that and chose to respect it as well. Everyone has their own flaws in this world and Baekhyun got the moody flaws. One time he's like a mid-aged woman who's having hot flashes then moments later he'll be a cute bunny guy who just got laid for the first time - a very challenging complicated man in general but Sarah was ready to go on for it.

And for the longing sensation she's been feeling in her body and soul, someone acted like an angel and just solved her problem without having to disturb or force Baekhyun. LEE NABI - who just invited her straight to EXO's dorm for a simple gathering. Lee Nabi's going back to the States on the 5th of December and she said she wanted to see Sarah there too when she holds her small goodbye party to EXO's dorm. Sarah was very against it at first because she was scared that Ahjumma Baekhyun will go back to duty. But Lee Nabi was too persistent. Persistent enough to really tempt Sarah to go and see Baekhyun too.

 

Monday, 30th of November 2015

Sarah just arrived at the area where EXO's dorm is at. She realized it was so far from what a lot of fans know of. She actually once searched for it on the internet and she found the address that was spread on the net but when Nabi gave her the real address it was completely different. She wasn't sure if they just moved or what. Going into the main village's gates, a guard stopped her from entering.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm a friend. I'll go there inside... I'm allowed, Guard ssi... My name is Sarah."

"I hear that all the time, Miss." The guard said. "No no no, not fan. I promise. Lee Nabi. Lee Nabi invited me." Sarah explained while eagerly nodding. She had just texted Nabi a few minutes ago and the girl told her to simply mention her name because the guard personally knows her already. "Miss Nabi is your reason to be here?" The guard asked and Sarah nodded. The guard went to his pub for a while to see the record on the computer and Nabi gave that note to let a Sarah Jacobs in. "Miss, you can go inside now." The guard said and bowed. "Kamsahamnida~" Sarah grinned ever so cutely and bowed before skipping. She was expecting a lot of houses since the gates earlier looked like a village but she only arrived at an underground parking lot. "Where is the house..." She muttered while looking around. Just then, from afar she finally spotted Nabi standing by an elevator. With an excited face, Sarah began running her way towards the girl who eventually spotted her. "Ah~ Sarah!" Nabi waved a hand and ran towards her as well as if they hadn't met for ages. They shared a bff hug and kiss before Sarah spoke, "I'm nervous. Oppa told me we can just meet next week but I came today. Will he get mad?" Sarah asked slowly with a worried face but Nabi already began dragging her into the elevator. "Don't worry, I got your back. And besides, the other members weren't able to see you last time on the filming. Geez, that silly guy, why does he have to hide you." Nabi said and sighed.

As soon as they arrived at the door, Nabi excitedly opened it while Sarah trailed behind. "They're all at the dining room so let's surprise them..." Nabi whispered to Sarah who quickly nodded. Deep inside she was really scared because the last time she talked to Baekhyun, he seemed to be mad. But then when they arrived at the living room area, they already found three of the members there. They looked up from their plates and all jaws were dropped seeing Sarah as if Nabi didn't exist at all. "Oh?" They uttered with their barely audible voices - mainly Jongdae, Sehun and Jongin. It's like they saw a living Barbie for the first time. "Oh by the way, this is Sarah." Nabi introduced with a smile. Sarah then stepped forward and bowed 90 degrees, "Annyeonghaseyo~ Sarah Hong Jacobs imnida!~" She introduced. Has anyone noticed is slowly improving Korean? For the past week, she's been studying even more to perfect her sentence and she found a new way to be able to do it - she went out in different places and tried to listen to people conversing and she would write it in a notepad to study them after. Seems like she has kind of improved a little bit. She was about to introduce further when a very shocked Baekhyun popped out of the kitchen - probably hearing her voice. Sarah literally held her breath when their eyes met. She missed him so much. "What are you doing here?? Oh my goodness—“ Baekhyun muttered in a speedy way again and he looked in panic especially when other more members came out and also saw Sarah. "Oh my god, who's that goddess?" Chanyeol exclaimed teasingly since he had already guessed who it is. "Come here come here come here..." he anxiously rushed to Sarah's side and grabbed her by the arm dragging her straight out leaving the whole dorm inside quiet. When they were finally out, Sarah covered and she was near to tears.

"Oppa, I missed you so much... Oppa very very much... Don't be mad. I promise I can expl—“

She couldn't finish her sentence anymore when Baekhyun pulled her in for a tight hug. He closed his eyes shut tightly while burying his soul into that nice sensation of her embrace. He couldn't help himself up from doing so. Seeing her face after a long time just made him all weak. "Oppa... I'm sorry... I can explain why here I am... Promise..." She muffled and hugged back. Baekhyun then pulled away and grabbed her by the face. "I missed you too... So much..." He murmured - not even being aware of it. Sarah blinked rapidly when she heard it. He reached down to peck on her lips before leaning on to the wall and frowned as he glanced at the closed door to the dorm. "Sarah... Why are you here... You know this isn't what we planned for right?" He asked calmly and still sweetly. Like all of his frustrations for the past week faded away. Right now, he couldn't even remember why he was mad in the first place. "But Oppa, Nabi invited me. I didn't mean it." Sarah explained. She tries her best to sound okay, but her chest was still pounding because of what he just said.

Baekhyun was silent for a few seconds as he tilted his head noticing the slight clarity in her sentence, her pronunciation got a bit firmer. He heaved a sigh and put a hand on his waist. "I know, alright alright. She invited you but still, you know my members are here." He said with a frustrated yet still sweet voice enough to make Sarah's tummy turn. "I'm sorry... but Nabi said we trust your members. It won't matter if they meet me right?" Sarah asked with a pout. "Right?" She repeated and tugged on Baekhyun's arm like a kid. Baekhyun just looked back at her with that parent-like stern look which made the girl continue pouting like a kid. Deep inside, his heart clenched in a good way seeing her aegyo again. "Don't be sad. Nabi leaves soon right? That's why she wants me here too. We're friends. Please, Oppa?" She asked and poked his chest with her fingers pulling off such a cute act. "How will you introduce yourself." Baekhyun then asked. He leaned his body sideways, had his arms folded while looking back at the girl. "Your girlfriend—“Hm?" Baekhyun tapped her cheek lightly making her pout again and even stomped her feet. "Your girlfriend—“Hm?" He repeated and tapped her forehead this time. She looks so cute pushing it too much that he can't help but to tap her cheek. "Aish, Oppa... Your girlfriend—“Yah." Baekhyun tapped her for the third time.

"But Oppa..."

"Sarah." Baekhyun heaved a sigh and put his hands on her shoulders. "Not right now..." He said. "But we do what couples do... don't we Oppa?" Sarah muttered back while stomping her feet. When he said he missed her back, it gave Sarah hopes that his heart changed now. Just when Baekhyun was about to answer, his eyes caught Kyungsoo and Nabi at the door peeking. "Yah!" He shouted and the couple immediately closed the door. Baekhyun heaved a sigh and looked down to Sarah again. "Not right now okay?" He asked and cupped Sarah's face. "But not mad anymore right? You were mad..." Sarah murmured. "Not anymore..." Baekhyun smiled handsomely before capturing her lips. They shared a very heated and longing kiss before Sarah cut it off short. "Oppa, can I say we're special friend?" She asked as Baekhyun placed his forehead against hers. "But Sa—“Am I just friend? I make Oppa happy... So I'm special. Right?" Sarah asked sweetly and ran her fingers through Baekhyun's blonde hair. "Aish... Okay ok—“Yey~" Sarah jumped excitedly and clapped her hands. It finally made Baekhyun smile. His plan to completely cut connections with her was ruined again, he couldn't do it. He just couldn't. Grabbing her hand, she pulled her close to the door again.

"I'll introduce you to my members now... Behave okay?"

"Special friend, okay?"

"Okay okay..."