Real Damn Hard

Gotcha Heart

 

"Mom! Dad!"

Running towards her parents, Sarah hugged her bag more tightly while grinning. She just arrived tonight and of course, her parents went to pick her up at the airport. Her very tall dad caught her in his arms right away while Mrs. Jacobs hugged her on her other side. "I missed you Dad~" She said and hopped a bit to reach her Dad's cheek and gave her a kiss. "Eomma~ I missed you so much, seriously..." She then turned to her mom and gave her a bear hug as well. "Aigoo, your Korean has improved huh?~" Mrs. Jacobs asked with an impressed tone before pulling away from the hug. "C'mon, you must be hungry, Honey. Your mom prepared your favorite dinner." Mr. Jacobs grabbed her bag from her and carried it instead. During the ride home, Mrs. Jacobs preferred to sit with Sarah at the backseat instead and Mr. Jacobs didn't really mind it and just drove but the two still made sure to speak in English not to leave him out of place. "Omo~ is this him?" Mrs. Jacobs squint out to look more closely to Sarah's phone screen. She was currently showing a picture of Baekhyun from a random photo shoot. "Dear, is he a half too? His hair is blHis hair's dyed, Eomma. Didn't I tell you last time, he's a performer? ~" Sarah corrected right away and chuckled remembering how she also mistaken Baekhyun as a half back then when they first met. "Men dye their hair?" Mrs. Jacobs asked in shock not knowing the trend nowadays in Korea. "Yes Eomma~ He even tried different colors. Pink~ Orange, Green and even Red~" Sarah explained with a lovesick grin. "That's very fashionable huh?" Mrs. Jacobs could only chuckle at how happy her daughter looked. Then Sarah turned to her Dad this time. "Dad, if I show you the guy I'm seeing, will you like him?" She asked with a wide smile.

"Only if he's over a hundred and eighty centimeters?"

"Eyy, Dad..." Sarah whined like a kid and Mr. Jacobs chuckled. "I was kidding, honey. Of course. Whoever my daughter loves, Daddy loves. Alright?" He asked and reached for his hand behind and tapped Sarah's cheek although his eyes were glued to the road. "Aww, Dad~" Sarah muttered with a sweet smile while also glancing at her Mom. "I really missed you guys so much." She said before hugging her Mom again and simply cuddled on her chest like a baby. To be honest, she hasn't told her parents about her real complicated status with Baekhyun - well of course she wouldn't, it would surely worry them - she only describes him as someone she's secretly dating at the moment. She knows someday, time will come that she'll be able to call him hers with an open heart, she believes in it. Regardless of signs and fate that she always held onto - she believes in Baekhyun alone, nothing else needed. Like she always told and showed Baekhyun, she can wait until he's completely brave enough to take her all. After all, she could already feel Baekhyun giving a lot of things and pouring a lot of feelings for her - it's just that, he couldn't let it out with words or be confident of it. They love each other, she knows that and at the moment, at their current situation, it was more than enough.

Arriving home, Sarah literally toured the whole house as if it was her first time to see it. She really missed the ambiance of it and her parents had to wait for her in the dining area for quite a long time since she also went to their wide backyard which has a lot of plants and there's also a pool. She was so happy to simply see it because back in Korea, it was cold. "Wah~ I missed this feel..." Sarah closed her eyes with a smile as she felt the familiar night breeze hitting her face. "I should swim later~" She said before finally skipping back into their house. That day, she ate her first dinner together with her parents again after over half a year of separation. Although she had jet lag, she chose to relax herself out in the pool instead. She really missed swimming anyway too so why not do it tonight as well. "Dear, here's the towel. You sure you don't want to rest first?" Mrs. Jacobs asked as she handed the towel to Sarah who was already moving her top leaving herself with her short shorts. "Yup, Eomma. I slept the whole plane ride anyway." Sarah answered and chuckled before scooting down the water and threw her legs out to it. "Ahh~" She moaned feeling the water hug her legs out. "Dear, I'm just gonna check the butter cookies I'm baking and bring you some here later when it's done okay?" Mrs. Jacobs excused herself for a while. "Ne Eomma~" Sarah grinned while glancing down at her.

Once she was left alone, she threw herself into the water completely and swam back and forth enjoying the comfort it was giving her. It makes her remember her school days when stress from examinations attacks her and always go here for a swim. Now that she's older and is living reality, she couldn't always find a place to run and hide into away from everything, now that she's mature enough, she's learned how to face it. Her alone time was interrupted when her phone that was placed just by the side of the pool rang. She swam back to that side and reached one hand towards the towel placed there as well to dry her hand out. She then grabbed the phone and smiled automatically seeing Baekhyun's face on the caller I.D. She's actually using his latest photo from their Winter Album as his Caller I.D just because she liked it very much and downloaded it.

She placed the phone down to press on the answer button and made it to speaker phone mode. "Oppa~" She chanted right away. "Have you arrived there?" Baekhyun asked from the other line. "Ne, a few hours ago. I am swimming at our backyard right now~" She sing sang and giggled. "Ahh, moya you're making me envious. I wanna swim too." Baekhyun said. "Swim in snow Oppa." She joked. "Ha ha~ Funny. Not even snowing yet, silly." Baekhyun said mocking but laughed afterwards. "Anyway, I just checked if your plane didn't crash. Thankfully it didn't. I'm on for a fan sign today and it's starting in a few so I'll just text if you if I'm free or not." He said. "Ah, alright." Sarah answered but she had a light pout on. "Alright, I'll hung up now—wait... I'll hung up but send me a photo?" He asked. "Wae? I'm swimming." Sarah asked while casually lathering her hands across the water letting Baekhyun hear its gentle sound. "I need to make sure I'm not talking to a ghost." He answered making Sarah chuckle while rolling her eyes. "I'm alive Oppa. So very corny." She said. "Prove it. Alright, bye bye." Baekhyun ended the call right away. So pulling herself up from the water, she wrapped her towel over her strapless bra and walked to the small tea table with stools at one side of the garden beside the pool. Leaning her elbows onto the table, she opened her front camera and took a very derpy - at least for a beautiful girl like her, it's already derpy enough - photo and even put some sticker on it.

She grinned while looking at her selca. Good thing it was night so it wasn't much visible of how red her cheeks were right now. Afterwards, she sent it to Baekhyun and to her surprise, he called immediately. She answered it right away with an amused chuckle. "Oppa? I thought fan sign?" She asked and laughed. "Are you skinny dipping?" He asked. "Aniya~ My bra, strapless oppa." She explained. "Ah... I thought you were . Doesn't it get cold there at night? I wa—wait, just a minute Hyung... Sarah, won't you get a co—wait, tell them I'll follow out. No—Minseok, Hyung, just five minutes I promise. Sarah, where were we?" Baekhyun would constantly talk from one side to another and Sarah just chuckled in amusement. "Oppa, fan sign will start now. We talk later." She said while letting out a heartfelt chuckle. "Aish... alright." Baekhyun groaned lightly. "Bye—Sarah?" Baekhyun called again just when Sarah was about to hung up. "Yes, Oppa?" She asked. "Uh... Take care." He said before ending the call first instead. Although it was as simple as that, those simple two words made her heart pound so fast. With a goofy smile, she jumped down the water again and shifted her body upwards to let her body float while she stared at the night sky.

"I'm so in love with you, Baekhyun... "

 

First few days passed without breathing the same air with Sarah, Baekhyun felt weird. They often not meet in everyday basis, he was used to it but somehow, the thought of her completely out of the country felt different. It left him frustrated for an unknown reason. For today, they have live performances of Sing For You and their second track, Unfair.

"You okay?"

Glancing at Kyungsoo who sat down beside him, Baekhyun just smiled before looking in space again. "I didn't see you arriving." He said. "Yeah, they said I missed the backstage interview." Kyungsoo said and stretched his arms out. "How's filming?" Baekhyun asked to divert the topic to the guy. "It was fine. We're almost done. Just a few more." Kyungsoo answered and leaned on the couch. They were in the waiting room right now as other idols perform. "Ahh, I miss Nabi. And she's a bit busy with the thesis so she's always tired like me." Kyungsoo then added and stared in space. In the end, the two were looking exactly the same having their expressions on point. "Doesn't she have a Christmas Break?" Baekhyun asked in monotone. "She has. On the 23rd until 26th." Kyungsoo answered and glanced at him. "How about you? What's with you and Sarah nowadays?" He then added. "Nothing much... she's actually back in the States right now having a short vacation." Baekhyun answered. "Oh, figures." Kyungsoo said earning a light glare from him. "It's not that. I jus—“I'm not asking." Kyungsoo cuts off. After that, none of them talked again, both going back to their unresponsive faces - longing expressions for the person they love are evident in their faces. "Okay fine... I miss her a bit." Baekhyun suddenly blurted out softly and looked at Kyungsoo who did the same. "What's to be even shy about? I'm not like the others who keep on teasing you." Kyungsoo answered while chuckling. "I know. But the miss is just like, you know our hanging out and chatting about dumb things... miss is just mild. I mean, not very much, we don't always see each other on a daily basis so I'm use— “I'm not asking." Kyungsoo said mockingly and smiled. "We're still friends until now." Baekhyun still defended. "Alright, whatever you say." Kyungsoo said and patted Baekhyun's thigh before standing up to walk away.

Being left alone again, Baekhyun felt heavy in his chest once more like a ton of sack was placed there. Just then he remembered that he's been trying to think of a nice gift to give Sarah this coming Christmas day. He couldn't think of any since he hasn't gone out to actually find something. "Aish... what time is it there..." He glanced at the wall clock and groaned. "It's already 2AM there..." He murmured but nevertheless took his phone out while standing up. He excused himself for a minute and got into the rest room. He was about to call her when his mind changed. "No, I'll wake her up." He said and shook his head. "Just wait alright? Just four more days, geez that's just so short, Baekhyun." He self-talked and even tapped is cheeks. "It's so short and it's not like it's the first time. It's not the first time you didn't meet her for such a long ti—just a few seconds. Just say hello, hi how are you, good night then done." He changed his mind again and in the end, his heart won. He looked down to his phone and called her. As it began ringing, Baekhyun tensely stared in space while waiting. His eyes lit up when it got answered after a few rings. He was about to smile when he heard a deep male voice. "Hello?" Baekhyun gulped hearing it - it seems like an old man's voice and damn, he had a very strong American accent even if he has only said one word but it's already evident. "I'm Sarah's father. Sarah's in the backyard hanging out with her cousins right now. Do you want me to call her? She left her phone in the living room." The man spoke and Baekhyun's jaw dropped listening to the man's words as if it was just a cold breeze that passed by his face and was left unnoticed - damn he did not understand a single thing he just said. "Uh... H-hello..." Baekhyun stuttered hard and the grip on his phone tightened. Just then, the door of the restroom opened and again, it was Kyungsoo. The guy just glanced at him before walking to the sink to wash his hands. "Yes, hello? Didn’t you hear me?" The guy asked from the other line. "Hello?" Baekhyun said again with his shaky voice. Now skipping towards Kyungsoo, he pressed on the speakerphone mode and began tugging on the clueless guy who tried pulling away. "What?" Kyungsoo mouthed in confusion when Baekhyun tried to push the phone to him. "English..." Baekhyun mouthed with his panicky expression. "What does it have to do with m—"

"Hello? Are you still there? I'm going to the backyard now if you want. They're actually drinking so I'm not sure if she's sober enough to talk."

"Please..." Baekhyun was pleading without any sound and kept on pushing the phone to Kyungsoo's ear. "I said I do—“Hello, sorry I can't read your name here on the phone. You're my daughter's boyfriend right?" The man, Mr. Jacobs asked. "Daughter's boyfriend, I think he's asking if you're his daughter's boyfriend. Say yes..." Kyungsoo pushed the phone back to Baekhyun and whispered. "Y-yes..." Baekhyun answered and had his very derpy unnerved face. "Wait, I said we're not dating... What the hell, Kyungsoo..." He hushed when he suddenly realized what he said and slapped the guy on the arm out of panic. "Oh, they're playing a game right now and I think... Sarah's a bit drunk already. How about you talk to me first. She told a lot of things about you." Mr. Jacobs spoke and chuckled. Baekhyun was already hopping in so much frustration - how much he needs subtitles right now. The struggle is real. Kyungsoo nudged him hard and tried pushing the phone back to his ear not wanting to interfere. "S-sir... I-No... Uh... No... Uhh... I don't... ah--“ Knowing how nerve-wrecking it might be for Baekhyun, Kyungsoo gave in and just snatched the phone finally. "Sir, sorry. I don't speak English well." He spoke with much basic words and made his voice a bit nasal to mimic Baekhyun's while glaring at the tensed guy who was completely tongue tied. "Oh right, I should have figured that out. I'm sorry, don't worry. I'll just tell Sarah later you call when she's a bit sober. It's late here already anyway. Bye, I'll end the call." Mr. Jacobs said and cut it. "I only understood Bye this time, moya, he does speak so fast and with so much slang..." Kyungsoo then translated with his very brainy self and put the phone down. " ..." Baekhyun began jumping like a stupid maniac.

"Seriously? Baekhyun, we studied English too. You could have at least said you're not good in English. End of discussion."

"He was rapping!" Baekhyun defended like a whiny kid. "What rapping are you talking about? He isn't—“Did you understand what he said then?" Baekhyun interrogated Kyungsoo. "I understood some of his main point at least... he said Nabi's drun—wait, did I just say Nabi's name? I mean Sarah, he said she's drunk." Kyungsoo answered. Baekhyun made a blowfish as he glanced down at his phone. "Goddamnit... what would her father think of me now. The unmanly guy who can only say Hello and Yes? , I regret skipping English class." He groaned while stomping his feet. Kyungsoo's lips curved up into a teasing smile as he watched the guy worry about such stuffs that only boyfriends would understand. "You're just friends right?" He asked which made the guy stop and look at him with his tensed up face again. "Y-yes, I was ju—“I'm not asking." Kyungsoo cut him off and began walking away. "Geez, you seriously annoy the out of me with that sentence of yours right now." Baekhyun said while watching the guy walk out of the rest room. "Let's go, performance's few minutes from now. We go stand by." Kyungsoo said before completely disappearing.

 

_ _ _

 

"Oh my god, you talked to him, Dad?"

Mr. Jacobs chuckled as he looked down to his food. They were having breakfast right now and the still sleepy Sarah who has hangover just woke up. "Well, I talked to him I guess. He didn't speak much; I doubt if he understood what I said." Mr. Jacobs joked. "Eyy~ Honey, don't be like that." Mrs. Jacobs said with a pout. "I know~ I'm not judging. He seems nice by his photo on the Caller I.D. Maybe he was just shy." Mr. Jacobs explained. With a very stunned face still, Sarah picked her phone up and called Baekhyun right away. She signaled her parents to excuse her for a second and she walked to the terrace of their house. Once he answered, "Hello? Op—“I don't want to talk about it. Change topic." Baekhyun spoke right away knowing what Sarah was about to say. She held her smile hearing his tensed and embarrassed tone. "Oppa~ My dad said you seem nice." She reassured. "Tch, it's obvious he's not saying the truth cause I only said Hello and Yes so how could he say that..." Baekhyun murmured. "What are you so stressed about, no case in that. It's nothing. He's u—“He's your father. Sarah, YOUR FATHER. It's big deal to me, don't say it's nothing." Baekhyun emphasized and Sarah was taken aback. Her lips formed an even wider smile and her face heated up right away.

"By the way, he said you drank? How many bottles?"

"I don't remember anymore but until now I have hangover." Sarah answered while massaging her temples. She flops down the terrace tea table and stared at the morning sky. "Do you want me to treat that? I'm a doctor now." Baekhyun said and chuckled. "Huh? Why?" Sarah asked being so clueless of what she said. "Seriously—are you kidding me? You said you'd still stream even if you're there." Baekhyun said in disbelief. "Why, what happened?" Sarah asked while blinking. "You're so annoying, I'll hung up on you." Baekhyun said with his very disappointed tone and it was easy to imagine him pouting right now. "Wait, stay there I'll check on Youtube. What Music show? You think it's already uploaded?" She asked. "Go to MBCkpop. We performed it earlier but they immediately upload it, silly." Baehyun explained. So the whole time, they talked on speaker phone while Sarah searched for the performance. "Oh right here—I see thumbnail, Minseok Oppa is in like... is this police?" She asked. "What—no, just watch it." Baekhyun said and chuckled. So ending the call first, Sarah finally clicked onto the video and watched.

 

 

When she was done, she stared outside, in space, with her lips parted. She always had a thing for male doctors that she watches on TV Series, she had fantasies of having a doctor as a husband in the past, she always mentions it on the 'Hottest Professions of Men' section of her journal and it's the top one - yes, she has a lot of thang going on in that fun Iron Man journal. She kept on gulping during the whole video. With hesitance, she called Baekhyun back again. "How was it?" He spoke right away. "Oppa did you go my house??" She suddenly exclaimed. "W-what—No, of course n-not." Baekhyun defended right away. "So did you enjoy it?" He then asked as if she didn't ask something serious. Sarah was still worried that he might have seen the Dream Boy Checklist if ever he did find the Iron Man Journal. But anyway, it was at the mid-page while the Doctor thingy was at the front most pages. "Oppa, you sure you not go to my house?" Sarah asked. "Well... Once. I actually thought you really left Tony there so why not check." Baekhyun explained which made Sarah gulp. "A-ani... I leave him to friend house." She answered while nibbling with his lower lip. "And Oppa..." She called. "Yup?" Baekhyun asked casually. "You look... hot as a doctor..." Sarah murmured while nibbling with her lips. "Damn that feels great. I knew it's the best idea ever." Baekhyun said and laughed making Sarah's expression calm down again.

"But Sarah, make sure to bring me a gift when you arrive home, alright?"

"Why?"

"So we exchange. Cause I have."

"But not Christmas yet? We do it early because of schedule? What is it Oppa?"

"It's a secret~ So make sure I would enjoy your gift, ‘cause you would enjoy mine real damn hard, Sarah..."