Baseball Fan.

An Unfamilar Voice

***This chapter will be told from Kazuya's point of view.*** &The picture is of Warren Deck.&

THWACK!

The sound of metal hitting against the ball material rang in my head, a sweet song. I threw the bat to my side and ran as fast as I could around the bases, sliding into home just as the catcher caught the ball with a 'slap' to his mitt.

"SAFE!" The ump called, not needed as it was obvious I made it in time. The coach called us into the dugouts.

"New kid, your great. I haven't seen a hiter like you since I watched a pro game with my dad." Derek slapped my shoulder and rested his hand on my shoulder blade. I smiled.

"Thanks, you too. Great pitches, man." He chuckled and patted my shoulder again. We jogged to the dugout together.

"Alright boys, great practice today. We are so ready for the game this weekend!" Coach said excitedly, he had a child-like enthusiasm about him, it made me smile. "Mackey, be sure to tell Parker that we need him to be shortstop Saturday. Derek, keep it up with the great pitches and Kazuya. You're an amazing hitter but run a little more to get around those bases smoother." Coach said hurredly, as if we were in the middle of a championship game. Me and Derek laughed a little.

"Coach, we're gonna go now." The twins, Max and Jake, said as they grabbed their mitts and jumped over the post in the dugout. A shiny silver car waiting for them in the parking lot. Upon seeing the boys leave the rest fo the team realized their rides were there and soon it was just me and Coach.

"Kame, seriously. I'm impressed." Coach said patting my back as we walked to his car, placing bats and balls in his trunk.

"Thank you, Coach." I replied shutting the trunk and walking to passenger side. He sighed as he backed out of the parking lot.

"Kazuya~." He said. "Stop being shy!" He said making me laugh a little, he was a four year old on the inside. "Speaking of shy, who was that girl you were talking to at the park this morning?" My eyes opened wide at the mention of Logan, my heart beating fast as her image popped into my head.

"Oh," My voice came out skaier than I had anticipated. I cleared my throat and started again. "That was Logan, she uh-goes to my school."

"She was quite the looker." Heat rised to my cheeks and he shoved my shoulder looking from me to the road. "You gonna ask her out?" He asked.

"No, I saw her hugging some guy in the hall today after school." I said remembering the sight of her hugging the tall guy. My heart clenched a little at the sight of it.

"Could be her friend?" He said, it just didn't seem logical to me. I shook my head.

"I don't know Coach, even if it was just a friend why would she hug him?"

"Relationships here are different than they are in Japan, Kazuya. Hugs aren't as intimate, families hug, friends hug. It doesn't always mean that your dating or like the person you hug." I looked out at the window, seeing the blurred trees and rocks pass by. Hugs not as intimate? Do friends kiss too? I was shocked at how angry my thoughts were, why did I care so much? She was just my friend. Or atleast, I hoped we were.

***School the next day.***

"Hey!" I heard a voice come from behind me, I turned to see Logan jogging down the hallway towards me. A smile spreading across my face. Traitor. I thought to my mouth. "Kazuya, ohayo!" She said excitedly, a giddy smile from the words she had just spoken. Her accent wasn't that good but I was surprised she pronounced 'good morning' right.

"Ohayo, Emaiy-san." I replied, she laughed. I noticed her smile, her teeth were white like the color of a new baseball, her soft-looking lips curving perfectly. Images popped into my head of my lips meeting hers, our tongues brushing against each other in a passionate kiss. I shook the thoughts from my head.

"Kazuya, Kazuya?" Logan looked at me, confused. She must have said something while I was fantasizing about her flesh colored lips, full and thick. Stop it, Kazuya! I screamed at myself.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I said looking past her trying to stop from looking at her lips.

"I said, was that good?" The smile appeared on her face again. I smiled too.

"Perfect, where did you learn that?" I asked walking as she followed by my side. Her warmth spread to me.

"I told you I was an asian freak, I watch a lot of asian dramas. You catch on to things when you watch them, ya know?" She said animatedly. "Well of course you would know. It's your first language. Duh, stupid Logan." She said slapping her palm to her forehead in the cutest way. She put me in a trance.

"Hey, Logan?" I said gathering the courage to mutter a word. "Can I ask you something?"

"Didn't give me a choice in the matter now did ya, Ace?" She said laughing.

"Ace?" I asked confused.

"Just a nickname, what's your real question?" She said shaking off the whole 'Ace' thing.

"Are we friends?" I asked nervously. She stopped and looked up at me, now that I focus on it more she was quite short.

"Of course, why? Do you not wanna be friends with me?" She asked looking scared, I smiled to reassure her.

"No, I'm glad. Your my first american friend." A smile appearing on her face again. A thought came to my head and I'm sure she saw my face light up. "Take a picture with me!" I said trying to stop myself from jumping and down like a little girl. I gained composure. "Sorry, it's just that my mom wanted me to e-mail her pictures and I figured this would be a good one to show the family." She looked confused.

"E-mail? Is your mom not in America with you?" She asked. I nodded no.

"I'm living with my coach until I can move out on my own and start playing with the Tar Heels." I said walking down the hall again.

"As in The North Carolina Tar Heels? YOUR GOING INTO THE MAJOR LEAGUES!?" She asked nearly screaming. Others in the hallway stopped and stared at her, she apologized and blushed.

"Yeah, they drafted me in my first year of high school. That's why I'm here now." I laughed trying to calm her down. She was so excited, was it possible she was a baseball fan?

"Oh my gosh, that's so cool!? Can I come to your first game?" She asked happily, I smiled wide. She is a baseball fan. I nodded yes and she squealed covering with her knuckles holding her books in the other hand. "Yay, come on. I wanna introduce you to someone. I think you'll like him." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards a hallway lined with lockers.

We approached a tall guy whose face was hidden behind a locker door, she yelled "Warren." and he looked. The guy from yesterday, her boyfriend. A twinge of sadness fell over me as we stopped at him, he smiled and looked down at her patting her head. She rolled her eyes and looked up at him with admiration in her eyes.

"Warren, this is the guy I was telling you about yesterday." She said looking back at me. "Kazuya, this is my best friend Warren. Warren, Kazuya." She did a introduction gesture. He flashed me a mega watt smile. His smile looks just like Junnosuke's. I thought remembering my friends back home.

"Hi." He shook my hand. Logan smiled brightly at the sight of our handshake.

"Oh yay! My best friend and my new friend getting along. This is gonna be great." She wrapped her arms around the both of us, giddy. Warren laughed, wait. Did she say 'best friend'?

"Best friend?" I vocalized my thoughts. She looked at me.

"Yeah, Warren and I are practically siblings. Warren, check it out. He was drafted by MLB to play for the Tar Heels when he graduates." She said, a twinkle appearing in her eyes. Warren laughed and looked down at her.

"Well, I guess you don't have to talk my ear off about going to a baseball game anymore now huh?" He said looking up to me. "Kazuya, take care of this one. She's real clumsy but a giant baseball fan." He said patting her head again and leaving down the hall.

She waved and shouted after him "Warren, you messed up my hair!" I snickered. She fake-glared at me and started down the hallway. I laughed again and just followed after her.