Making Friends...

An Unfamilar Voice

**This chapter will be told from Kazuya's point of view** ∧ of course the picture is of Kazuya&

I blinked my eyes open, the sound of Coach's booming voice filling my head.

"Rise and shine my boy, today is the first day of the rest of your life!" He said walking out of my room and into the kitchen. The aprtment wasn't that big so I still saw his back even though he had begun to make his famous 'power breakfast.'

It consisted of bacon, raw egg over rice and a heaping gulp of various juices and energy drinks. I smelled the bacon as I walked hazily to the table, the juices already set up in tall glass pitchers. I grabbed a cup and picked up a random pitcher and poured, watching the cool liquid flow from a familiar place to something new. I couldn't help but feel a connection to it. Wait! What am I saying? I feel connected to juice? Wow, Kazuya. You need to go for a run. I thought quickly shaking my head and setting down the pitcher. I raised the cup to my mouth, dry and thirsty from my night's sleep and felt the chill of the juice against my lips. I gulped the cup and set it in the sink.

"Going for a run, coach." I said as I slipped on my sports shoes and putting on a light jacket. I heard him grunt something in approval and I opened the door to start down the hallway.

We lived on the first floor of the aprtment complex so I didn't have to worry about accidently pounding hard on someones ceiling. Even though I have very light steps, I swung open the door to the entrance and jogged out to the intersection. I waved at some businessman getting ready to leave for work, common courtesy. They would wave back and get back to talking on their bluetooth or typing on their blackberry.

I came to a park and decided to take advantage of it's trails. Finding one that looked off the beat and path I decided to take it, the sunlight shinging through the trees above my head. I stopped only for a moment to pop my headphones in my ears getting annoyed at the sound of crunching leaves and snapping sticks beneath my feet. Japanese lyrics and soothing backdrop music swirled around in my brain, instantly soothing me. I had begun to realize that I was missing my home country a little more than I had anticipated. Glancing at my watch I realized I had better get home if I wanted to shower before starting school, my eyes searching for a shortcut out of the wood I had stumbled into I found a opening that lead to a sidewalk.

I began to jog to it and felt a small bump into my shoulder. I stopped to see what it was, not realizing that I was on the ground from that small encounter. A girl, about my age, lying next to me on the same ground. She had brunette hair, thick and straight. Some shorter strands in front of her eyes, not quite bangs yet. Her small frame was being complemented by a zip-up hoodie that had some archaic-like writing on the front, dark wash denim jeans hanging a bit low on her hips held up by a thick brown belt. She wore black fingerless gloves on her not-polished fingers. Her makeup was light and natural, bracing just mascara and a brush-on of powder foundation. (Really don't ask me how I know that.)

"I'm sorry." I said quickly jumping up and extending a hand, she turned her head from the ground up to me. I lost my breath a little at the sight of her eyes, green. She took my hand and got up, brushing the leaves and dirt from her jeans.

"No, really I'm sorry. It's kinda my fault." She said sweeping the hair from her face. She looked me up and down and then giggled a little. Her voice was sweet, calming. "Your not from here are you?" She asked facing me once again.

"Is it my accent? I hate having it it's so embarrasing, I re-" She cut me off by laughing a little.

"No, no, no. It's your feautures. Your asian, japanese maybe? We don't have many asians from Asia around here, and your unexpectedly nice. Any american-asian would've just said 'Hey brat watch where your going!' and walk off. You didn't..." She trailed off looking me up and down again. Then she took a deep breath. "I didn't even notice an accent."

I wanted to respond so I forced the breath out of me, shocked she had known I was japanese. "How did you know that?"

"Know what?" She asked looking into my eyes.

"That i'm from Japan." I said not moving my eyes from her flawless face.

"I'm a total asian freak." She said again laughing a little and scratching her head. More from nervousness, I doubt her head was actually itchy. "I love asian boys. No doubt about it." She then said proudly, placing her hands on her hips. I again just looked at her. Who was this girl in front of me?

"Hello, Japan man?" She said, I shook my head a little and smiled at her.

"Kazuya Kamenashi, future all-star and all-time greatest baseball player." I smiled and outstretched a hand. She laughed and took it.

"Well, Kazuya Kamenashi. I'm Logan Emaiy, future Broadway legend!" She said with a sparkle in her eye. My heart jumped a little at the sight of it. She let go of my hand began looking around for something on the ground. Spotting it she bent over to pick it up, it was her phone. She checked the clock on it and gasped a little. "Hey how old are you?" She asked, kind of rushed.

"Fifteen." I answered.

"What high school?" She asked placing the phone in her back pocket.

"Uh, Bailey." I said after doing a quick scan of my brain to find the name of the school I was going to start.

She smiled at that. "Great, meet me at the Performing Arts Corridor right when you get there. I wanna show you something." She smiled and ran off, onto the sidewalk. I looked after her, her hair swaying as she walked down to sidewalk. I smirked a little, thinking maybe I had made a new friend.

**At school.**

I walked around the cafeteria area, trying to find where Logan was talking about. At the end of the cafeteria I saw a large opening and a doors to an auditorium. Large block letters were on the wall that read 'BAILEY HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER' I smiled and walked through the opening. There were two benches, one right outside each one of the doors. At the further benched I noticed a girl, Logan. She was texting, smiling a bit at the screen.

My feet began to move under me, unwillingly. Before I knew it I was standing before Logan.