Monday Sounds Like Mundane For A Reason...

An Unfamilar Voice

***This chapter will be told from Logan's point of view.*** &Picture is of Logan Emaiy&

My phone vibrated beside my groggy head. Only three times which indicated it was just a text. Good. I thought. I don't think I can even say 'help' right now. I pressed the lock on my HTC® Rhyme.

Hey Logan, where the hell are you? I hate not having a chemistry partner!!!! ):

It was from Mia, the peppiest and undeniabely most annoying person i've ever met. I groaned, too annoyed to type back.

"How did this get my number anyway?" I groaned again, rolling over. I realized there was cold sweat all over my body, I unwrapped the fleece that was tangled around me and sat up. I scooted to the end of my bed and crawled out of the bed chamber, covered light hitting my eyes and making me squint. Daytime was in full bloom. I padded over to the door and walked down the hallway, finding my way to the bathroom. My uncovered feet flinching from the cold chill of the tile, I grabbed a towel from the cabinet and started to undress. Peeling my old theater t-shirt from my sweaty body and dragging my thin pajama bottoms down my unshaved and prickily legs.

Turning on the water I felt it hot and quickly turned the handle to 'C' for cold. I was wayyy to sticky to take a hot shower, a cold shower sounded good. After twitching the knob several times to get the water to the perfect balance of cold and slightly warm I stepped in. I sighed under the chilly waterfall and began to shampoo my thick brunette hair, dry and ratty from my sleep. I began to hum 'Gaudete'. The purr of my vocal chords filling the bathroom as I scrubbed my fingers through my hair and my scalp, giving myself a gentle massage as to not worsen my light, but still efervescent headache.

"Gaudete, gaudete. Christus est natus, ex Maria ie. Gaudete." The song rung in my head remembering when I sang a solo at last year's performance of it. I rinsed the suds from my hair and quickly ran some conditioner through the now soaked strands. Grabbing my disposable razor, I dabbed it with soap began to shave my prickily legs. Humming as I did it, though now it was a different song.

Feeling chills run up my spine I twitched the knob towards 'H' only a slight bit, stood up and quickly rinsed the conditioner from my hair. Annoyed by the temprature change.

"Logan, you here?" I heard as I stepped out of the shower, wrapping the fluffy towel around my wet body. It was Warren, my best friend.

"Yeah, just getting out of the shower. Let me get changed before you come up." I shouted drying my hair before I walked back to my room.

 

"Hey." I said walking down the stairs and seeing the six foot 16 year old bending to open and inspect drawers in my refridgarator. He had light blonde hair that was disheveled slightly and wore Bailey High School sweatpants and a football t-shirt. He heard my weak voice and looked at me from his spot, not bothering to stand up until he grabbed everything he wanted.

"You sound terrible." He said setting a bunch of food items on the island.

"Thanks I appreciate it." I said walking over to him, letting my hand glide over the banister as I leaned on the granite counter. I made a disgusted face at all the food on the island, just the sight of food made me quesy.

"Sorry, hon. But seriously what is wrong with you?" He asked spreading butter on a slice of italian bread.

"I don't know, maybe because its monday?" I said picking at my fingernails. I made a mental note to cut them.

"You miss every single monday. Why?" He said taking a bite out of the bread. I rolled my eyes and walked to the fridge behind him and pulled out a cold bottle of juice.

"This time I'm really sick, but all the others... I just don't like the mundanity of mondays, War." I said finishing a deep gulp of the icy drink, i felt it slide down my esophogus and cringed at the feeling.

"If they're sooo mundane why don't you change them yourself?" He asked placing the butter back in the fridge and the bread back in the basket. The thought had sounded stupid until we went to watch a movie in the cool basement. As the opening credits flashed on the screen I had begun to think about he said. 'Why don't you change them yourself?' How was I supposed to change mondays? Start bungee jumping off buildings and go skydiving for fun? No, I was saving that for my midlife crisis. Maybe I should take another class? No, I'm failing most of them anyway and then that'll just be another add-on to the already terrible day. What am I supposed to do?

Try meeting someone with the same problem as you my dear girl...