Kazuya

An Unfamilar Voice

I was buckling my belt sullenly when my phone buzzed on my desk, i hurried to it. Not even bothering to look at the caller ID before picking up, somehow I already knew.

"Did she wake up?"

"Kazuya, just hurry up!" Warren's voice boomed through the speaker. Something seemed off, but I was in too much of a hurry to even imagine how off it was.

***At the Hospital***

After her sister's told me to just go to see her alone, I cautiously walked into her room. Silently scanning it for signs of something missing... everything was as it was when I left.

"Hayaku!" I heard behind me, I turned around in a start to see Logan.

Standing up.

Smiling.

Healthy.

"L-Logan?" I stuttered, blinking rapidly to try to figure out if this was a mirage.

"Hai! It's really me!" She bounced happily. A tear escaped my eye before I could stop it, she raised a delicate hand to ym cheek and burshed it away. I leaned into the touch I had missed for so long.

"Logan?" She hummed happily in response. "Marry me." She giggled and I opened my eyes to face her.

"Baka, I already said I would." She laughed and intertwined her fingers with mine.

"Today. Marry me tonight, right now. I don't want you to ever leave." I said seriously looking into her beautiful green eyes. Something in them read excitement but another part contained rationality and that was the part that worried me.

"How?"

"We're both 18, we go to the courthouse and sign the papers. And if you really want we can plan a wedding. But I just need to know that you're forever mine. I need to know that nothing can seperate us but death." Her eyes now read immense happiness and... tears. Tears were welling up but she blinked them away and smiled.

"Give me a pen, then!" I squealed and picked her up in my arms. Her weight feeling normal and swung her around. As if no time had passed between us. As if she hadn't just woken up from a coma. As if she hadn't just faced death.

Because she hadn't.

It was a cruel dream that I woke up from all too soon.

*****

Coach was shaking me furiously, trying to get me to wake up. I grumbled and rolled over hugging my pillow tight against my chest. Still wanting to hold onto the dream where the love of my life was awake and in my arms once again.

"Kazuya! Wake up!" He yelled. 

"Yada~" I mumbled into the pillow. He growled two words I had never wanted to hear...

Never imagined I would hear...

Words that I would haunt me for the rest of my life...

'She's

Dead.'

 

 

 

 


Gomen, Minna! for everything. neglecting the story and the sadness in this chap. next one will probably be the last one so stay tuned and I really hope you haven't given up on me yet!