PART OF THE DEAL

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| P A R T   O F   T H E   D E A L |

 

/flashback/

"WHAT?! What happened to Sandara and Jiyong?" Hyun Suk growled angrily and slammed his fist on the table.

 

"White Crow got them, boss. They were going home from the carnival when Steam’s men blocked them. They tried to escape but they were chase and got caught," Teddy reported to Hades.

 

“Where are they now? Did you have their location?” Hades asked.

 

“Neh. Actually, White Crow contacted us and demand for you. They wanted you to come at this location and retrieve the kids yourself,” he handed him the place written on a piece of paper.

 

Hyun Suk crumpled the paper in fury and barked orders to Eagle. “Prepare our men! We will get Sandara and Jiyong!”

 

“Yes, boss!” Teddy immediately left to arrange Double Dragons to an all-out war.

 

“You want me then I’ll give you a piece of me!” Hades smirked and unlocked his G18 gun. His face full of rage and apprehension for the broods he treats as his own. All he wanted to do is kill the motherers who kidnapped Jiyong and Sandara, especially his foster daughter. If anything happens to her, he will never forgive himself.

 

Double Dragons arrived at an abandon timber factory and found White Crow gang scattered the area waiting for them. Steam, the leader of White Crow, was seated cockily in the middle of his men while smoking a tobacco stick lazily looking at them. Hades gripped his gun tightly. Both parties had drawn their own weapons ready to shoot anytime soon.

 

“Where are my daughter and Jiyong?” Hades snarled.

 

Steam chuckled and throws away his tobacco regarding Hades smugly.

 

“Now, so impatient, Hades? They are under my mercy. Let’s say, they are safe…for now. You can have them later. That is if we come up with good…negotiations,” Steam supposed.

 

“What negotiation?” he frowned.

 

Actually, he wanted to prolong their conversation to give time to Masta Wu and Dok2 to search for the two hostages and make sure they are safe. It was destruction so the two crisis crew can do their job without hassle. Hades doesn’t want Jiyong and Sandara to be caught on fire if things get rusty later on.

 

“Give up your reign in Gwangju in exchange to your precious daughter and the boy,” Steam answered.

 

“What made you think I will do agreed to that?” Hades smirked and inconspicuously eyes their surroundings. He was waiting for Teddy’s signal who kept contact with Masta Wu and Dok2.

 

“Simple. Because I have those kids’ lives in my hand,” he retorted.

 

Hades’ face darkens and he almost pulls the trigger of his gun and kills the smug leader in front of him.

 

“Don’t be naïve, Steam. You know, you can play dirty but I can play dirtier. We are not one of the prevalent gang in Seoul for nothing. Give up Gwangju? Are you making me laugh? Ssang Yong Pa owned it. We owned this place.”

 

“Not for long, Hades. I know, those punks are important on your gang. Especially that pretty little lady, what’s her name? Oh, yeah. Sandara Park. Hmm…is she the daughter of the late Shiva?” Steam grins maliciously at him.

 

Shiva is the former Double Dragons leader. He’s real name is Park Jae Sang and Sandara’s biological father. He ruled the gang before Hades replaced him after he died in murder. That’s all the other street gangs knew.

 

Hades curled his fist and about to attacked him if only Teddy stopped him. He told him that Masta Wu and Dok2 still trying to search for Jiyong and Sandara and they can’t screw the plan. He tried to calmed himself and patiently wait for the signal. He swears once the kids are in safe, Steam will get it from him. He’ll make sure of it!

 

Meanwhile, on one of the room of the abandon factory, Jiyong tightens his gripped on Sandara’s wrist as he glared at the two men guarding them. They had AA-12 rifle each hanging on their body. He has thinking of an escape plan for him and Sandara. He heard that his uncle and the rest of their gang arrived just a while ago. He is sure that Hades came to rescue them.

 

“Oppa…I’m scared,” Sandara embraced Jiyong’s arm while trembling in fear. She had cried and cried the whole time they were captured.

 

“Shh…everything will be fine. Don’t be afraid. I’m here,” he said to ease her up a bit. He hates to see her at this state. And he hates himself more for being helpless and useless at times like this. ‘Mianhe for letting this happen, Sandara,’ he thought.

 

“Oppa,” she whimpered.

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth and hold Sandara securely. He won’t let anything happen to her. He will protect her no matter what.

 

Then suddenly, the room burst open revealing Masta Wu. He immediately shoots one of the shocked White Crow member and aiming another shot to the other. The two men dropped their bodies on the floor. Jiyong sighs in relief while Sandara screamed in fear.

 

“Are you okay?” Masta Wu asked.

 

“Hyung!” Jiyong stood up and help Sandara on her feet. “Thank goodness, you came! We’re fine. Where is uncle?”

 

“Good. Let me take you out of here. Hades and the others are down stairs. He told us to make sure your safe,” he said and guide the two kids out the room. Just in time, Dok2 came running towards them. Gun shots can be heard not far away from them. The war had begun.

 

“Leopard! The crossfire started. Jiyong and Sandara bring back to Red Mansion immediately. Hades order!”Dok2 yelled.

 

“Let’s go!” Masta Wu nodded and told them to run to the other direction where their getaway car is located.

 

“Ahhh!!!” Sandara screams as when bullets suddenly aimed at them. Some of the White Crow managed to chase after them.

 

"SANDARA!" Jiyong screamed and pulled Sandara to him as he held her protectively.

 

"Jiyong! You and Sandara run and hide!" Masta Wu ordered as he covered them and shooting back to their assiliants.

 

Jiyong nodded and pulled Sandara, who is trembling in fear, away from the firing. He knew she was scared to death. Jiyong gritted his teeth and held her tightly.

 

"J-Jiyong...I'm scared," she whimpered.

 

"Don't. Please, Sandara. I'm here. I won't allow anything bad to happen to you," he promised.

 

"B-But---AHHH!"

 

Jiyong cursed loudly and docked with Sandara as bullets fired at their direction. He pulled her down the fire exit quickly. They heard more gun shots. Jiyong thinks of something right away without stopping from running.

 

They saw dead bodies on their way. There were blood and bullet shells everywhere. Sandara shuddered. Jiyong cannot recognize if the men were part of their gang or not. His eyes squinted when he saw some guns on the floor which he can just guess was from the dead men.

 

He stopped for a second and picked up one gun. Jiyong checked its magazine. He hummed in satisfaction knowing it has enough bullets.

 

"J-Jiyong? What a-are you...?" Sandara asked.

 

Jiyong turned to her with tight lips. He once again held her hand without saying anything. However, a man showed up behind them with a gun aiming at Sandara who's back facing the man. Jiyong immediately pulled Sandara and covered her with his own body.

 

"JIYONG!" she screamed in horror.

 

Jiyong shut his eyes as the bullet hit his back. He hissed in pain but tried to ignore it. He glanced back harshly and point his gun to man and fired. The bullet hit the man's forehead accurately.

 

"Are...you okay?" he breathes out at Sandara.

 

"Jiyong...you got...shot," she gasped petrified.

 

"Neh. It's okay. L-Let's," he hissed in pain. "L-Let's go."

 

"B-But you are hurt," Sandara said with tears pooled her round expressive eyes.

 

Jiyong smiled a bit and caress her face with his free hand. He wipes the tears that able to escape from her eyes.

 

"I won't let anyone hurt you. I'll keep you safe," he said.

 

Sandara cried even more.

 

"Hush. Let's get you out of here," Jiyong told her.

 

Sandara can only nod as put her arm around his waist and his arm on her shoulder that made the guy surprise. "L-Let me help you."

 

Jiyong smiled and nodded as they starts to walk together.

 

/end of flashback/

 

***

 

The Red Mansion. It was a two storey ancestral house built way before the gang started. It is huge though part of it was already restored as the time passed by. It has a garden and a connecting labyrinth to the side that has a fountain on the center. It has a lot of rooms which were formerly occupied by kids before.

 

Part of its domain is the forest, and a small lagoon where Sandara and the other are used to visit when they were young. The red mansion serves as the residential home of the boss. But main headquarter composes the operations, the lab and offices, the training ground, shooting hall and of course the lounges and the apartment type dormitory where the single members stayed.

 

Sandara stayed on the Red Mansion with Hades. While Jiyong and the others left and resided at the dorm.

 

It is usually quiet at the mansion. But tonight was different. All the gang members came for the special event held by Hades, their boss. Chats filled the main hall of the formal party. It was spectacular and elegant to see the members in tux and gowns. They all dressed up and prepared.

 

"Why Uncle held such event?" Seungri asked before sipping his glass of champagne as he eyes the crowd. Much like everyone, he was wearing a black suit over a white under polo with black bow and black pants.

 

"I don't know. It's really rare that Uncle held parties like this. It must be important," Daesung answered with his hands tucked on his dark slacks. He was wearing a gray pinstriped suit and a black tie beneath was a white polo.

 

"You know how Uncle thinks. He is very unpredictable," Top chirped while twirling his glass of red wine. Tonight, he had worn all black matching formal suits only without a tie.

 

"Have you seen Jiyong? I've been looking for him," Youngbae joined them wearing a white polo with printed vest jacket. It was zip all the way up to the mid of his chest enough to show his black tie.

 

"I thought he's with you?" Top responded with a frown.

 

"No. He told me to go ahead and he'll just follow," Youngbae said, a deep crease forms his temple.

 

"Have you tried calling him?" Daesung asked.

 

Youngbae nods wondering where his best friend could possibly be.

 

"That's strange. Where could Ji hyung off to?" Seungri butts in.

 

"He is may be here already. Let him be. Anyway, Bae do you have any idea what's this party all about?" Top told them.

 

"I don't know either. But I have a hunch that Jiyong knows something," he said getting his own beverage from the waiter who passed by them.

 

"Chincha? What do you think it is?" Seungri asked curiously.

 

Only Youngbae shrugs taking a sip on his cocktail glass.

 

"They're hiding something," Top pretty guessed.

 

"I agree. But what is that? Why they have to hide it? Especially from us?" Daesung wondered.

 

"Do the girls know?" Seungri asked. "Maybe Sandara noona mentioned something to them."

 

"Hey! What are you doing here in the corner?" Bom's voice interrupted them. She has worn a red halter evening dress and she ironed her hair on straight long locks framing her face.

 

"Noona! You looked elegant," Seungri flattered her with wide smile.

 

"My, my, you dressed well tonight, Virgo. You hide the flabs well," Top teased.

 

"Shut up, Ox. You can't ruin my night," she snorted.

 

"You looked good, oppas!" Minzy chirped before the duo could start their bickering.

 

"You too, Minzy," Youngbae said appreciating her outfit.

 

"You think so?" she asked twirling a bit. She had a moss fitted long sleeves fitted mermaid dress which has a revealing back.

 

"Yup! You look amazing," he smiled.

 

"What were you talking a while ago? I heard you mentioned us," Chaerin asked snatching three cocktails for her, Bom and Minzy. She wore a black heart neckline dress with long slits on the side with matching black gloves that reached her elbows. Her hair was tied into elegant bun giving a classic look.

 

"Ah, we were just wondering if Sandara mentioned to you about this event. We are just curious why Uncle held such party. It's unlikely of him," Youngbae explained.

 

"Oh, we are as clueless and curious as you are. No. Sandara unnie didn't say anything. What about Jiyong oppa? Have you asked him?"

 

"That's the thing though. He didn't say anything."

 

"That's strange. Both of them didn't inform us," Bom chirped thinking deeply. And then she remembered something from the other day. "Oh, I just remembered. I saw Jiyong and Sandara talking at the headquarters the other day," she snapped.

 

"Jiyong talked to Sandara?" Top almost choked his wine in surprised. "Unbelievable."

 

"Do I look like I'm lying?" Bom rolled her eyes at him.

 

"Wow. I mean, Jiyong hyung actually did it?" Daesung commented amusedly.

 

"Neh."

 

"Damn! Way to go hyung! What happened noona? Palli! I want to know," Seungri said excitedly.

 

"I'm sorry, maknae-ah. I don't have anything to share. The moment I came there, GD left quickly as if his is on fire. His reaction was so epic!" Bom giggled.

 

"Ahh! Bummer," Seungri exclaimed disappointedly.

 

"Aish! Jiyong is so slow. It's annoying already," Top grumbles.

 

"Hyung...you have to understand Jiyong's side," Youngbae defends his best friend.

 

"I agree to YB oppa. It's hard for Ji oppa," Chaerin agreed.

 

"I know. It's just that...I pity Jiyong. He's been waiting for so long. And even now, he keeps on waiting," Top said.

 

"It's difficult to wait for someone you love to return. But it's more than difficult to wait knowing the person you love had already changed. It's hard to know if the feeling is still mutual," Minzy remarks somberly before they heard Hades' voice catching their attention as he steps on the middle of the hall.

 

"Good evening, brothers and sisters!"

 

 

***

 

Jiyong leans on the hood of his red convertible sports car as he breathes out a pattern of smoke with his cigarette. He looks up and smirked. The sky is dark with the millions of stars twinkling. It was a beautiful night.

 

And hopefully, the evening will end the same.

 

"Jiyong?" The voice he could recognize from anywhere breaks through his reverie.

 

He straightens up and looked at the new comer. "Sandara."

 

Sandara gave him a small smile as she walks near him. Jiyong cannot help but to admire her eternal beauty. She is undeniably the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. For tonight, she was wearing a simple plain tube dress in color emphasizing her flawless creamy complexion. She settled in simple make-up as well giving a natural look. But even in simplicity, Sandara stands out from everyone. That much is always had been the case for Jiyong. His eyes can only see her that sometimes he can't even see himself.

 

Like this moment.

 

"Jiyong-ah," he looked at her startled though Sandara was staring at the sky the way he did earlier. It's not the sight of her made him startled but her voice that mentioned his name. There was softness in her voice yet he can hear somewhere that it was laced with sorrow. He doesn't know if his ears are playing tricks on him. "Do you remember before we used to look at the stars every night?" he heard her say which stilled him. He can't believe that she was talking about their past. Hope mounted his heart. "We used to wait for meteors and wished together. Or rather I used to force you to accompany me. You must be really annoyed with me that time. Every time I remembered that I always thought that it was so silly of me," she laughed a little.

 

"No. You're not silly," he said looking at her seriously. Sandara averted her eyes to look at him curiously. "I'm not annoyed either. In fact, I'm happy." It was his turn to look at the sky. He smiled as he reminisce those memories they had. He felt her gaze at him so he continued. "Those simple times are the ones I treasured. Being with you was enough for me. I don't care if you acted childish that time and annoyed the living out of me. It's okay as long as you are beside me. It's okay to spend my night looking like an idiot waiting for meteors to wished if it meant I'll spent it with you."

 

"Jiyong..." Sandara uttered speechless.

 

"That's why...when you left, my nights became dull. Waiting for meteors don't appealed to me anymore. It's not the same. Because you're already gone," he smiled sadly as he was reminded of his young self. "Everything changed. Sadly. But yeah. Life goes on. Yet the memories stayed the same. Only, it's just that. Memories."

 

"Memories are meant to leave behind. But not forgotten. It's a good reminder of what we had. And what we couldn't have anymore. Something we can bring with us once we left everything after," she remarked.

 

Jiyong gaze turned to her. He doesn't know but he felt something wrong with what she said. Like there was a hidden meaning to her remark. Fear and uncertainty begin to grow on him. He shrugged it off, nonetheless.

 

"What are you doing here, Sandara?" he changed the topic and asked.

 

"Getting some air? How about you? Aren't you supposed to be inside with the others? Appa must be looking for you."

 

He shrugs and throws his cigarette somewhere before putting both his hands to his pants pocket. He also dressed formally tonight wearing a black slacks, a black under polo and silver open coat.

 

"It's nice to have you back, Sandara. I can't call you tokki anymore, right?" He smiled a bit trying to keep his inner struggles. "Welcome back, 'Hare'," he forced the words out of his mouth.

 

"Ani. You don't have to call me that. But thank you. It's nice to see you again, Jiyong-ah," she smiled back at him.

 

He nodded and looked at the mansion. Once he entered the venue, things will change. Is it for the good? Or it will just bring more complications? Hopefully it’s the former.

 

"We should get in. They must be looking for us," Sandara said.

 

Jiyong looked at her contemplating if he will tell her everything Hyun Suk plans. He opened his mouth but nothing came. In the end, he kept his lips tight and sighed deeply as he nodded.

 

"Shall we?" he said offering his hand to her like a perfect gentleman. He'll just face the consequence of not telling her everything Hades planned later.

 

"Arasso," she smiled and accepts his hand.

 

He guided her hand to cling on his arm as they pace towards the mansion together. "You look beautiful, by the way," he said shyly biting his lower lip as his cheeks tint with red.

 

Sandara lower her head shyly hiding her blush. "Thank you. You look good as well."

 

"Hmm..."

 

 

***

 

As soon as the two entered the hall, all the attention was thrown at them. Their members smiled at the sight of them together especially those who knew them since young.

 

Yang Hyun Suk smiled not far away from them. He was with Jinu and Sean with a glass of champagne in his hand enjoying the party he held himself.

 

"They really looked good together," Jinu stated watching the two made their way through the crowd.

 

"Their chemistry is undeniable. It is something that nourished for years that they had separated. They simply meant to be," Sean said as a matter-of-fact.

 

"If only Hades didn't separate them, maybe they were married by now," Jinu added laughing.

 

"And have kids. Our boss should be a harabeoji by now," Sean joined his partner in chuckling as they clink their glass together.

 

"They were still young back then. They both have so much to learn. I did what I did before for their own good. Sandara had to grow while Jiyong needs to learn to be a real man. Their separation only meant to give them time to found their selves and set their priorities. It's not meant for them to be apart. And looking at them right now and how the things turned out to be, I'm very much proud of them. Those years weren't a waste after all. And now, I'm giving my end of the bargain," he said quietly without tearing his gaze at Jiyong and Sandara.

 

Jinu and Sean looked at each other and back at Hades curiously.

 

"What do you mean, boss?" Sean asked.

 

Hyun Suk didn't answer though and left the two officials mystified.

 

On the other hand, the four gentlemen and three ladies gape at the newly arrived Jiyong and Sandara with mixed astonishment and curiosity. They were just talking about them earlier and now here they are together on each other's arm! It's a first after long time ago!

 

"Tell me, I'm not the only one seeing this," Seungri said staring at his hyung and noona.

 

"You're not hallucinating, rat," CL rolled her eyes at him after recovering from her initial reaction.

 

"So, that's why he was late," Top chuckled in amazement.

 

"Aw! They're so cute," Bom gushed cheekily.

 

"Halleluja! Love conquers all especially the mighty dragon," Daesung said.

 

"It's called fate. They are definitely destined for each other. No amount of space or time will ever break them apart," Minzy said with a smile.

 

"All I can say is I'm happy for Jiyong. Finally! He found his courage," Youngbae sighs in relief.

 

All of them agreed. They may tease Jiyong but they genuinely cared for him. Its bliss to see them slowly getting what it's supposed to happen 13 years ago. This is what they have all waiting for. But they knew it will be the start of another struggles and happiness. They all prayed at one thing though.

 

That all shall work out in the end and they both survive the ruthless way of love to make two individual hearts beating with the same pace to be together.

 

 

***

 

The night went on and the moment has come.

 

Hades stood in front of the entire Double Dragons and eyed everyone waiting for his speech. Jiyong and Sandara stand behind him. Both knew what's going to happen next.

 

"Brothers and sisters, first and foremost, I would like to thank you all for coming tonight. It's a great pleasure to share this night with all of you," he started. "But tonight I have few announcements to make," he paused as the guests murmured in wondering. "I was honored to lead the gang for the past several years. We've been through a lot together. And I'm grateful for everyone who backs me up through it all. However, there's a saying that nothing lasts forever. My time is passing. And it's already my time to step down. Yes. I'm retiring as your leader effective today," he finally said.

 

The guests were shock with his sudden announcement except those who knew—Jiyong, Sandara and the officials.

 

"Son," he signals Jiyong to come up beside him. "This young man in front of you, Kwon Jiyong with an alias of G-Dragon had proven his capabilities and self. Sandara, dear join us," he called her.

 

Though confuse, Sandara complied. She tried to ask Jiyong through eyes but the latter looked away. This isn't what she thought. What is happening?

 

"I'm honored to present to you the next leader of Ssang Yong Pa, G-Dragon along with Sandara Park as his future wife," Hyun Suk announced smiling at them.

 

While everyone applauded, Sandara is completely shocked. She looked at Jiyong who couldn’t meet her eyes guiltily. She can't believe it. He knew it all along. And he didn't bother to tell her!

 

Meanwhile, their friends who knew the real situation are speechless. It was an understatement.

 

"Holy mother of ," Seungri gasped in bewilderment.

 

"Anyone, tell me what's happening?!" Bom tapped her cheeks confused.

 

"Fcking hell!" Top swears.

 

"So this is what they were hiding all along...damn," Youngbae said.

 

"Jiyong-oppa, Sandara unnie...engaged?!" Minzy muttered.

 

"Uncle...he planned this," CL guessed.

 

"What the hell?!" Daesung said.

 

The night became a celebration for the new appointed leader and their engagement. However, it cannot say the same for the two people who are the center of the celebration. Sandara just looked at Jiyong with pained and betrayed eyes. The guy kept tight lip in guilt. He hated that look she was giving him.

 

In one corner of the crowd, Min Hyo Rin stared at Sandara with one thing in her mind. 'Things got more complicated. What are you going to do, Hare?'

 

She felt pity towards Jiyong and despondency to Sandara. Two people sharing the same feelings. It was heart breaking to witness such love story without a happy ending. That she can paint it in a canvass.

 

One heart will left behind shattered while the other leaving without looking back.

 

Well, all of this is part of the deal.

 

Double updates!!! YEY!

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|