Old Memoirs

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| O L D  M E M O I R S|

/flashback/

Sandara watched the colorful and festive place around her. There are so many stalls of different kinds. Though it's a bit crowded, she didn't have to worry since she can feel a warm hand wrap around hers tightly yet gently. Jiyong's hold her hand securely in between them as they stroll around the weekend carnival.

 

He really kept his promise to her the last time they met to spend time together. Sandara was really happy.

 

"Don't let go, Sandara. There are a lot of people today. Just stay beside me, arasso?" Jiyong reminded her.

 

Sandara turns to him with a smile as she gave his hand that he was holding at the moment a light squeeze. "I won't."

 

"Very good. Where do you want to go first?" he asked.

 

"Hmm... I want to watch the circus. Let's go there first," she answered and points at the huge tent in the center where the circus held.

 

"Arasso. Kaja," he gently tagged her towards the tent and makes sure that she won't bump with anyone.

 

The tent is already crowded when they entered which makes it hard for Sandara to watch because she's small. She tried to tiptoe over the tall audience but failed. She suddenly wants to curse her height. 'Aish! Screw short height! Why am I having tiny legs?! What a bummer!'

 

All of sudden, Sandara felt herself being lift up. It turns out Jiyong saw her disappointed pout and helped her. He settled her on top of his shoulder holding her legs securely as he slowly stands up for she able to watch the play. With Jiyongs height, Sandara can now see the stage.

 

"Can you already see from there, Sandara?" he asked. "Hold on my hair so you won't fall," he instructed adjusting their position.

 

Sandara complied and smiled down to him. "Thank you, oppa!"

 

Jiyong grins. "You’re welcome. Enjoy watching for me neh? Tell me what's happening."

 

She nodded and told him what's currently happening in the stage. They stayed like that until the end of the show. A wide smile never left their lips as they continued to walk hand in hand exploring the whole carnival.

 

/end of flashback/

 

Sandara smiled to that memory while watching Jiyong's car left from her room's window. She just learned that he already moved and living with the boys in the headquarters. So much had happened after that night.

 

Just like what she expected, Jiyong became the pillar of Double Dragons. He is always been independent and has leadership potential. Though they've been separated for over a decade, Sandara never lost an update about him. Even without direct communication, news about him never passed her.

 

And she was honestly proud of his achievements.

 

However, part of her was wretched because of the fact that she's not there by his side while he achieved those things. Her biggest regret was she never had the chance to at least tell him how proud she was. But what she can do? At that time, or should she say, her entire time away Hades firmly told them to do not exchange communication.

 

It was devastating. She was alone in New York. The place was too foreign for her and she missed her friends. She terribly missed Jiyong.

 

When time flew so fast, she learned to stand on her own. She continued her study. The fear she had first slowly vanished. She doesn't miss Seoul that much anymore. Her cries at night and the homesickness were became less. Until she realized it's already time to go back.

 

Returning home, Sandara doesn't have any expectations. Being in Seoul will be a new start and also the end of something for her. She knew that there are few things in the past which she cannot go back.

 

Things that may only remain as good old memories. Like a fading photograph.

 

"Oppa..." she whispered as she traces a finger on the window glass.

 

A while ago, she saw him standing right in front of the door as she played the grand piano. At that exact moment, she felt her heartbeat once again. It's coming alive and found its reason to beat after a long time. The same familiar beats thirteen years ago.

 

When she was in New York, she always played that particular song whenever she missed Jiyong. Even she was amazed at herself. How can her heart beat for someone all those years? Why it is only reserved to him and only him? How can she love someone at her young heart up until now?

 

'True love never dies.'

 

Because her heart knew it can only beat for Jiyong. He was and is still that person who she found true love.

 

But how about him?

 

Does he remember their promise? Or he had forgotten it already?

 

If there's one thing that Sandara was worried about upon returning home, it's Jiyong. Like in the song, she always wondered where he was. Wondering what he was doing? Does he feel lonely? Or does someone love him? Endless wondering but the most dreadful is to know that he already had someone in his heart. Someone he loves.

 

That thought brought pain to her. Yet Sandara knew if that ever happens she should be happy for him. With the amount of time they had been away from each other, it isn't impossible for him to found someone else.

 

It may be the reason why he is avoiding her. Ever since she came, Sandara noticed that Jiyong hardly talk to her. He even avoids making contact with her eyes.

 

Disappointment and sorrow filled her heart.

 

"I missed you. So much," she said again with sad smile. "I wish to have a moment with you until it last. I want to cherish some new memories with you while there is still you and me. I selfishly am choosing a short happiness being with you before leaving all behind. I'm sorry for being this selfish, Jiyong-ah. I'm sorry for choosing my dreams."

 

'You will always be in my heart.'

 

***

 

'I promise to wait for you. I'll be waiting for your return, Sandara-ah.'

 

'Promise?'

 

'Yes. And when you come back, I can already protect you. You won't be in harm ever again. I swear to you, Sandara. I'll be right here waiting.'

 

It's like a broken tape that keeps on replaying in his head. The old promised that kept his hope. His only reminder of why he is still holding on.

 

Because Kwon Jiyong does not break his promises once he proclaimed it. He is a man true to his words.

 

And even until now, he is patiently waiting for Sandara. His hopes had been shattered a few times but a strong force let him hold on to her. He may be called a coward for fearing to face her. But it's okay. It's better that way than losing her totally.

 

Things may change between them but he knew what he felt for her won't. She is his last breathe. He'll die loving only her.

 

Hades earlier words flashed into his mind.

 

“The time has come, son. I'm ready to give my blessing.”

 

“U-Uncle?”

 

“Jiyong-ah, it's the only way. You have to do it if you want to protect her. This is keeping her safe.”

 

Jiyong raked his hair and settled his elbow on top of his thighs after. He takes a lungful of air and exhales exasperatedly.

 

"This is frustrating," he said as he leans back to his swivel chair.

 

He looks up at the dark ceiling of his secret room with Sandara invading his mind.

 

'OPPA! Help me!'

 

Her cry was like a knife piercing him. The feeling of helplessness was a poison killing him inside.

 

"I don't want to experience that ever again. I will not be weak. I don't want to be a pathetic and helpless teenage boy just like before. I am G-Dragon now. I won't lose you ever again, Sandara," he said remembering that dreadful memory.

 

He reached for his drawer and pulled to open it. There he found the familiar purple rabbit doll. He got it out and stared at it. He made his decision already. He'll keep her safe. He will protect Sandara.

 

"I'm keeping her safe," he declared with determination as he grips Tamtam firmly.

 

Double update! Comment juseyo! I'm making up with you guys with these two updates!

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGES AND SCENES THAT NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG READERS.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|