HARE'S DEATH

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| H A R E' S   D E A T H |


|Now Playing: Breath by Lee Hi, Soul Lite Album|

 

The clouds are dark that afternoon. Lightning flashes alongside the roaring of the thunder. Slowly, droplets of water fell from the sky. Then it starts raining which seems a perfect weather for the nostalgic and sorrowful mood of the day.

It was Hare's burial. Everyone are dress in black, wearing a perfect pretense of mourning and sadness. Black suits, black dresses and black umbrellas moved in slow motion sending off Hare's fake urn to Double Dragon's founded cemetery where all the late members were buried.

Jiyong is leading them, holding the urn while Hyun Suk, who just came back few hours before the actual burial held Sandara's portrait. Both men wear a blank faces, all wanting to get over and done with the act they plotted.

Then as they reach the place where Sandara's parents were also buried, they halted. The land is wet from the constant rainfall as the harshness and cold wind kissed their covered body. The heavy raindrops made a sound every time it touches their umbrellas.

• Park Jae Sang/Beloved & Respected Shiva/RIP/Ssang Yong Pa
• Park Soohyun/Beloved Mother & Wife/RIP/Ssang Yong Pa

Teddy and Mithrajin helped in putting the white plate beside the two latter plates of the late Park family. Now, Hare's plate is going to join the two to complete the family. From that day forward, Ssang Yong Pa's direct family and preceedings will no longer exists but their legacy remains being celebrated to the next generations of the gang.

• Park Sandara/Beloved Daughter & Heiress Hare/RIP/Ssang Yong Pa

"Ji..." Youngbae tapped his shoulders to let him know it's time.

Jiyong nodded and stepped out under the umbrella Daesung was holding. He let himself soak in the cold rain as he settled the urn to it's place above the plate. He gazed lingered at Sandara's name curved and engraved on the plate beautifully. And his heart constricted.

Hyun Suk followed beside him and put the portrait on it's place while Sean protected him with the umbrella from drenching. No one uttered anything as they filled the graves with white roses. Seungri steps in with white dove in hands. He released it and they all watch as the bird flew away through the harsh rain.

Jiyong followed the bird's every move and prayed silently.

'You're free now, Sandara...'

He felt someone touch his hand and he found Bom, looking at him with sympathy that turns to encouraging look. Her lips are sealed into thin line as if telling him, it's going to be fine. Then a tap on his shoulder followed. Top is looking at him through his dark shades and gave him a clipped smile as well.

"Oppa..."

Jiyong turns to Minzy and gave the latter a reassuring smile. Then he met CL's eyes, Seungri's small grin and Daesung's gentle ones. Youngbae is also looking at him. He gazed at them and amidst of his heartache, he found solace and comfort in their presence.

They will get through this together.

***

Jiyong watched the former leader and his Uncle Hyun Suk with impassive eyes. He hasn't uttered anything so was the latter. They are still wearing their clothes from the burial though his was already dried up earlier. Hyun Suk is just standing stiffly in front of the huge window of his study, looking faraway lost in his thoughts while smoking with his tobacco.

This is the first time they will talk after Hades arrived from his out of the country trip. They haven't spoke to each other since then.

Then he heard him heaved a deep sigh which made him frown. Slowly, Hyun Suk turns around to look at him. There's a look of sadness and apology in his face. He looked beat as well.

"I want to apologize to you, Jiyong," Hades' broken tone surprised him when he finally spoke up.

Jiyong parted his mouth a bit as he blinks his eyes in confusion. But Hyun Suk's regretful expression marred with his sorrow.

"I gave you false hope. I was the one who lead you on believing that you and Sandara will be together once she returned. I failed to give you my end of the bargain. You were so willing all along, giving your best effort. You had sacrifice a lot but...but in the end you get nothing. So I am sorry, son," Hyun Suk elaborated as he shook his head and swallowed hard. "I thought marrying you off to Sandara is enough to give justice to everything you have done. All these years, you've done nothing but comply to my orders and to everything I said. I thought by giving you my blessings everything will be fine. But I thought wrong."

"Uncle, please...I...you don't have to do this," he said as he felt the stinging lump on his throat. "It's fine. I'm...ok—"

"Jiyong, Son," Hyun Suk cut him off by raising his palm. "You don't have to pretend that it's okay. I know you're not fine. And it's my fault. I started this. So blame it all to me. If I hadn't separate Sandara from you, she wouldn't think of leaving. If only I didn't sent her to another country, she would have been here. The two of you should have been together now. I tear you both apart."

"No. Uncle, it's nobody's fault. If any, it's my inadequacy that let everything messed up. I was weak. Sandara wouldn't have to leave in the first place if I did my job well in the past. You wouldn't have to sent her away if I didn't let things get out of hand when White Crows kidnapped us," he pointed out.

"I ruined your chance to be with her, Jiyong. How can you even think that you are inadequate? You have been the best man for her. And if I would admit, your love for her still astonished me until now. My best friend, Sandara's real father, would agree with me if he is still alive. I bet he is."

He only smiled faintly. No matter how much people around him tells that his love is more than enough, Jiyong can still feel the void in his heart. Deep inside, it always goes down to the point that what his doing is not enough. Because if he did, things would ended up differently. Sandara would have stayed.

But she didn't.

"Things happens for a reason, Uncle. For now, I am not thinking of those things. What ifs will only lead me no where. It will not give Sandara back. Instead, I was thankful for the fact that she is still alive. Maybe she's not beside me or I don't see her, but I know she's somewhere safe and sound. As long as she's alive and safe, I am contented with it. I cannot ask for more."

"I wish I could give you something you really deserved, Jiyong. You have bargained a lot."

"I told you it's fine. I'm going to be okay."

Jiyong flashed him a small smile that he could only mustered. Hyun Suk is not only a mentor for him. He has been there for him all his life. He is there when he needed a father. He filled that role in his life when his own father died protecting his mother from their enemies. Maybe, that's why he has a protector complex because he saw his father gave his last breath shielding his mother from bullets.

He was only five back then. Very young and innocent with only toys and play time as his pleasures. He remembered them as one happy family despite of having a dangerous gangster life. His father was a very quirky and gentleman guy. He was one cool dad. Then there was his mother, his sweet loving mom. He watched them adored each other. He watched them every morning in the breakfast table with affectionate gazes. They kissed in front of him, in not scandalous way of course, but simple kiss as his father left to work. His mother sent him to daycare with a smile on her lips while talking sweetly to him, telling him things he should remember. And at night, she would tuck him to bed after reading him a bedtime stories.

Then the dreadful day had to come. The most tragic day of his childhood when they were at the park, having a family day where they set up a picnic mat with some snacks. There were laughters at first. They were a picture of one happy family. All of a sudden, there was a gun shot pierced the whole place. His young self was rooted on one corner, covering his ears while crying helplessly as people run around in full chaos. In his blurry vision, he saw when his father jumped in front of his mom as they landed on the ground with his father covering his mother with his own body. His mother's cry rang through the air when numerous bullets shot his father at the back.

Blood soaked his father's back after some men from their gang came along to the rescue, exchanging bullets with their perpetrators. His mother tried to wake his father by shaking him but the latter fell on his weight, pinning his mother with his bloody dead body. That's when he saw Hyun Suk came to his mother's side and shook his head as if telling his mother that it's already too late. His father is gone.

After that incident, nothing was the same anymore. His mother became ill because of severe depression until she decided to follow his father to his grave when he turned six. That was the time, Hyun Suk took him under his care and met his friends. And the rest is history.

His parents death marked his young mind. He wasn't angry at them for leaving him at young age. Sure, he was mad at those who killed them. But he used their deaths as his motivation. Instead, he was inspired by them.

His ultimate role model is his father. He was in awe at how much he loves his mother and vice versa. When he was younger, he thought to himself that he would love a woman the way his father did. And he did. He found it with Sandara. Unfortunately, things didn't end up the way he wanted it to be.

"I think what you did is foolish but brilliant at the same time. Orchestrating Hare's death is a good idea. Sandara will be away from harm. I am not saying I fully approved of it but I think it's better than none. It will also buy us some time to obliterate the real enemy hiding in the darkness." Hades expression turned grim.

"Real enemy? Do you know something, Uncle?" he furrowed his brows perplexed.

Hades paced back to his chair behind the oak table. Jiyong followed him by gaze, waiting for him to talk.

"Remember I was delayed from coming back here?" Jiyong nodded still frowning. "I met with an old friend. He was a former double agent, both working with the government and underground groups. He told something or more like a warn in my account. He found something about the Kkangpae's notorious enemy—the 14K Triad," Hades revealed with a serious face.

14K Triad is the number one enemy of all the gang operating in South Korea or the Kkangpae. They are greedy and ruthless in the underground business. They played dirty and if necessary they also kill anyone who crossed their paths. They don't respect other gangs and most likely raises war with the other gangster groups.

"Don't tell me..." he trailed off.

"According to him, he found out that there is a change in reign happened to the 14K Triad. Someone different is the new leader of the gang, Jiyong. One of his intel is that, this new leadership has already began using influence and beating the other local gangs. They also planned on targeting the bigger picture."

"Which is us?" he supplied.

Hades nodded. "Yes. I don't know if Dongwook and Python have already facing weird stuff going on with their gangs. But we did, right?"

He stared at Hades blankly. "It's them. They are all behind this madness all along."

"That's the only conclusion I have as well."

Jiyong's face hardened. He clenched his fist and his jaw locks. A flicker of fire reflected upon his irises as his uncle continued to stare back at him seriously.

"I will make them pay," he mumbled with controlled anger.

"Be prepared, Son. This is going to be a war," Hades reminded him.

Jiyiong smirked darkly.

"Blood bath or not, they will be gone."


***

|Now Playing: Hallucination by Jang Jae In ft. Na Show (Heal Me, Kill Me OST)|

Days passes by so quickly without him even noticing it. Jiyong has been buried with paperworks and other stuff during those days. He hasn't have time to have fun with the company of the others. He has been hiding in the confines of his office room.

He has so much weight on his shoulders right now. Aside from nursing a heart break, there's alot more brewing matters he had to face with his gang. 14K Triad mostly top the list of his mountain list.

It's stressing him out already. He was grumpy and not in the mood to laid back. His people has already received his mood lash and sharp tongue, scaring them off. He's also restless and lacking of sleep for several days already. And he will snapped at anything even it was small detail missed.

It was only the start. Things will get worst as time passes by.

They will see the dragon spitting fire to them as his casual. G-Dragon is more often resurfaced than Jiyong who's somewhere in Antartica, putting himself in hibernation. Killing himself with work did help him in diverting his mind from thinking of Sandara.

But it proves to be a really hard task.

His friends has been worried for him. It was evident with the way they looked at him with concerned eyes every time he had a chance to talk to them regarding the business topics. They also keeping their opinions to themselves since they understand what he is going through. They knew him well enough not to say anything for now. They are giving him space and time to prepare himself to face the reality and step out of his depression. Moving on will be a long run so they didn't suggested that since they knew it was easy said than done.

"Jiyong!" Youngbae burst into the threshold of his office breathless perhaps from running?

Jiyong turned to him with deep frowns when he interrupted him from scanning sales report with a loud bang on his door.

Youngbae entered his room, sweats and pants. He looks disheveled. He seemed in a hurry.

"Ji...you have to come with me! There's been a trouble. It's an emergency," he said in panic voice.

He rises from his seat as he stared at his best friend.

"What do you mean?"

"There's an attack at the Red Mansion, Jiyong. Several armed men came barging inside Hades' residence. The girls are there at the moment. Bom noona called me and I heard the sound of shooting in the background! Top hyung together with Daesung and Seungri are on their way there already! We have to go too, Jiyong!"

Jiyong moved quickly, getting his car keys and guns all at once and rushes out with Youngbae tailing him. He jumps inside his car and Youngbae followed seating in the passengers. He steps on the accelerator and didn't waste time anymore as he barks orders to his men for more back ups while Youngbae is alerting the others to full combat. Soon, they hit the gate of the Red Mansion where there were some dead bodies laid on the ground.

With a rapid swerved, Jiyong steps on his breaks and cut the engine. He jumps out of his car with Youngbae, guns up and loaded as they raises their guard. They heard the rapid shoot outs as they got closer to the main house. With his lead, he motions half of his men to follow him and Youngbae to go to the otherside with the other half.

He managed to enter the house and shoot men with black bonnets covering their faces. His men scattered around, having their fair share of retaliation towards the unknown attackers.

The perpetrators did a number with their men as he saw dead bodies and blood on the floor along the way. But their members fought back well as he saw several masked men got killed as well. He has to get to Hades or the girls as soon as possible. He has to get them out alive. Or else he don't know what he can do.

He has lost his heart. He cannot afford to lose his family as well.

He walks through the study where Hades mostly spent his time. The shooting continued to resonate in the whole mansion. Broken stuffs are scattered everywhere along with the metal slugs, blood and dead bodies. Jiyong is also shooting attackers on his way towards his Uncle's study.

He heard muffled voices inside followed by rattles. It seems the people inside are fighting hand-to-hand. Jiyong prepared his gun pointed towards the door, stood straight and kicked the door open. Then he found his Uncle pinning a masked man on the ground, strangling it to death with the telephone cable wire.

"Uncle!" he called him and lowered his gun.

The masked man grunted and choked when Hyun Suk pulled the wires tightly until the man is killed. He stood up with a hiss, sweating profusely. Despite his old age, he still a good fighter.

"Where are the others?" Hyun Suk asked when he joined him outside the room.

"They probably in the hall as I heard the shootings there. I ask Youngbae to use the other side door and maybe he was able to find the others," he answered while giving Hades a multiple barrel pistol.

"Let's go then and teach this motherfckers who tried to kill me at my own turf a lesson!" Hades growled as they paces towards the hall where the fight is on-going.

Jiyong and his Uncle entered a blood bath hall where their members are exchanging bullets to the enemies. The two of them joined the gang. The ancestral home of their gang became a battle field for them. The shoot outs took hours. Their foes aren't giving up still and also trained shooters. They also uses high caliber ammunitions imported from Russia which only the military forces entitled to use. It is obviously smuggled as well.

"Damn!" Jiyong cursed as he removed the magazine and replaced it with another. He peeks out from the pillar he was leaning and shoot rapidly. He looked around him where his men are also fighting for their lives, retaliating back with their guns.

It's as if the time slowed down in motion. The cries and grunts became an echo so was the sound of gun firing in the surroundings. The shards of broken windows and glass panels, pieces of the shattered displays and other stuff floats around them along with the bullets being fired from different directions.

It was happening before his eyes. The ancestral home of the gang he wants lived and grew up with was now in total disaster. The places where he started dreaming is now filled with the traces of what's currently happening. Then he caught the sight of his friends whom he grown up with in the same house. Bom is there hiding in the caushioned seat while shooting just like the others. Chaerin and Minzy back to back in the corner holding their armalites. Seungri who is jumping up and down to one opponent to another with two armalites hanging by his shoulders. From the other corner, he saw Daesung doing the same thing. Top is at the balcony shooting down in rapid succession. And there's Youngbae, making use of his guns and fists at the same time towards the disarmed enemies. Hades is also on the other side of the pillar adjacent to him.

He saw it clearly in his eyes. It seems his world stops spinning as he was trapped in this moment while watching everything unfold. And his heart constricts.

This is not the time to be weak, he told himself that repeatedly. Then his thoughts filled with Sandara. What if she is there fighting with them? She could have been there, holding her gun aimed at their enemies.

And she was there. Sandara is holding a sniper long range armalite with silencer like she wanted it. She was there, shooting at the other direction. But she's too expose. She cannot be there where their enemies could shoot at her openly.

Jiyong made a step in desperation to get to her and protects her. He has to pull her out there and gets her to somewhere safer—beside him, away from harm.

Only that she was an illusion. A fragment of his mind brought by distress, loneliness and his desire to see her.

Hades saw him walking out from his hiding. And if not for his fast reflexes, Jiyong would have been shot and tackled him down the floor with his weight. A excruciating pain cuts through his back and he grunted. Jiyong woke up from his trance and everything backs to normal.

The loud noises around rang around him. The broken objects that were floating earlier flied across the room. And then he felt a heavy weight pinning him down. His eyes widens, seeing his uncle's body above him and hearing his grunts.

"Uncle!" he shouted as he held his shoulders to distance himself and make a room for him to move. He cursed loudly when he saw his blooded back. "UNCLE!" He shakes him awake while calling his name. Before another bullet comes their way, he pulled Hyun Suk's body to the side where it's safe for both of them.

He shook him again and Hades finally grunted in pain.

"You idiot!" Hades exclaimed though in between grunts. "What the hell are you doing coming out of the pillar?! You almost got hit!"

"I-I..." he tried to reasoned out but he is also confuse and lost. Earlier he saw Sandara but it turns out he is having hallucinations. And he blames it for not getting enough sleep and some nutrition. He is really getting crazy.

"I'm sorry, Uncle," he bowed his head in shame.

"Put your together and get your head in this brawl! Avoid getting killed, Jiyong!" Hades scolded him despite his injured state.

Jiyong nodded and holds his guns once again. This time, there's a determine look on his face. And Hyun Suk is satisfied seeing his game face.

"Hang in here, Uncle. I'll handle everything from now on. Don't bleed out!"

"Go catch `em all, son!"

He stood up and face his enemy with the look that feared by his foes. He stretches his arms, aiming his guns on his targets and pulled the triggers as he keeps on shooting back. His bullet hit accurately like always as few masked men drops to the ground, releasing their guns with a loud clank.

Then he pulls out his Glock 7 with his name engraved on it from his coat jacket and fired again , emptying his magazine. After that he advances forward when the shooting died down. It looks like the masked men were running out of bullets. One man faces him and tried to punch him but he avoided the contact and held his wrist and twisted it on his back. While in the middle of breaking the latter's wrist, another one attacked him but he quickly kicked him across the stomach, causing him to stagger back.

He fought with the remaining attackers until the last person. But he didnt kill him. Instead he gave him a few beatings before throwing him onto the floor.

"UNCLE!" Youngbae suddenly exclaimed when he saw blood pooled under their former leader. He was barely awake while leaning his back on the wall.

Jiyong widens his eyes and quickly runs towards where he left Hades.

"Uncle?!" he asked while shaking Hades.

Hades grunted. "You fool! Don't shake me. Y-You're making it worst."

"Uncle, hold on. We'll bring you to the hospital," Youngabe said beside him.

Hyun Suk only hummed while Youngbae helped him up and carry him out of the mansion with few of their members.

"I'll be right there soon," he said to both Youngbae and his uncle before they leave.

"MINZY?!"

Jiyong whipped his head towards Bom who screamed and his eyes widens in shock. Daesung was holding Minzy's body bridal style with blood soaking her clothes and dripping from her arms. Behind them was Seungri holding a dazed but crying CL. He rushed to them while ordering his men standing idly on the side to take care of the living proprietor.

"What the ed happened?!" he growls while staring at the maknae's lifeless form.

Daesung answered, biting his lips to keep his sobs as tears flowed his eyes. "She didn't make it, hyung. Three bullets at her back, two at her chest and one at her heart. She barely breathing when I get there. I was too late. She was killed, hyung!"

Jiyong paled and his breath.

"No! This is not happening! No! No! NO!"  Bom yelled trashing in Top's arms as the latter was holding her to keep her in place.

"This is my fault." He looked at CL who looked like a huge mess. Cheeks damped with tears as another batch flowed her catty eyes and her torn filthy clothes. "She saved me. I wasn't looking but she did and pulled me away. However, she ended up getting shot by another man. I swear I tried to help...I killed the man who shot her but..." CL broke down unable to continue. Seungri immediately held her tight to calm her down.

He steps back stiffly as he cannot believe it. It's another death. Why is this happening to them?

He heard Bom's and Chaerin's cry in agony. And when he looked up, his heart broke when he saw Top, Seungri and Daesung shedding tears while staring at Minzy. He looked around them and his heart shattered looking at the place that once he shared his childhood memories with being the venue of such tragedy.

Sandara is gone. They had just lost another sister yet again. And now Hades is also fighting for his life.

 

Can you take some more? Kekeke~~ most of you hates Dara here. Don't worry. Things will be well soon. Just wait and see. This story will take longer than I intended. I'm just nearing the . Lol. Jiyong-ah... Just hold on.

 

xx,

bonapaix