A GLIMPSE OF CHANGE

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| A G L I M P S E O F C H A N G E |

Days passed by with missions bombarding in which made everyone busy. Chaerin and Minzy were both sent to help Bigbang unit led by Jiyong who had been out on field. Hades and his men have pressing matters to focus with—leaving Sandara alone with Bom's laboratory-clinic. She was still in the process of studying stuff in their business.

 

"Aren't you bored?" Sandara asked Bom who is checking out a specimen on the microscope wearing a white gloves and white lab gown over a plain tight fitting dress and killer heels.

 

"No. I've been doing this for years. I got used to it. How about you? Aren't you supposed to read the documents sent by your father? What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm done already," she sighs leaning her back to the lab table.

 

"That fast?"

 

"Yeah. I have been doing that when I was in New York. I must say, our assets had tripled over the years I was gone."

 

"Most of those assets were because of you, woman. If weren't for the deal you closed with the Western mafias, then Double Dragons won't have that dime," Bom said.

 

Sandara crinkles her nose upon reminded of that deal. "It almost blown out of proportion, you know. FBI almost busts our operation. Apparently, one of their sworn brothers betrayed them and rat on us to the authorities. Good thing, I have an excellent team who I ordered to spy on them and found out what the bastard did."

 

"How did you found out?"

 

"We tapped their phone and landlines even hacked their personal computers. After knowing that, I ordered someone to follow him. And contacted the mafia boss and informed him. The rest are history."

 

"Poor boy. But he deserved it," Bom smirked.

 

"Absolutely! Anyway, I miss Chaerin and Minzy already. Let's visit them," she suggested.

 

"They are on the mission, Dara. They are probably out there exchanging bullets with those bastards who wanted to take the rule in Gwangju from us. As if they can," she scoffed.

 

"It isn't the first time?" she frowned.

 

"No. The attacks happened several months ago. At first, we thought these pathetic hooligans were nothing. Then the attacks became frequent. If we defeat one gang another one will come attack us again. It happens until now, as you can see," she informs her.

 

Sandara frowns.

 

What's happening? It is strange. Why they are being attacked?

 

Something is going on. And she must find out what it is. It could be useful to her plans.

 

"Where are they, Bom? What's their location?" she asked.

 

Bom frowned back.

 

"You're going to follow them?"

 

"Yes. If you want you can come," she asked.

 

"But—Aish! Fine! Let's go. I'll drive you there," she gives in.

 

"Okay. Let's go," she said seriously walking ahead.

 

They both climb in the white Lamborghini Murcielago with Bom on the wheels. She had removed her gloves and lab coat leaving only her under dress.

 

"Fasten your seat belt! We're going aboard!" Bom had wicked smile on her lips and steps on the pedal. They both used to drive in full speed as if they were about to fly.

 

Sandara on the other hand inconspicuously sent a message to her asset with another task which can be part of her plan.

 

***

 

A loud screeching wheel and a ball of huge smoke coming from the engine surrounded the entrance of the port as Bom steps on the breaks abruptly. They both climb out the car and saw some bodies sprawled on around. Two of them were their members.

 

Sandara leans down on one of the dead body and picks up the gun. She checks its magazine and hummed in satisfaction seeing it was full.

 

"What are you doing?" Bom asked when she hid the gun inside her jacket.

 

"Get their weapons. We might need them," she said emotionless as she picks another fully loaded semi-automatic pistol.

 

Bom sighs but complied getting herself a Russian Federation assault rifle and hangs it around her body, picking up another gun which a half loaded submachine. She may spend most of her time on the clinic but she knows how to use guns and some martial arts.

 

They started to walk further hearing the faint gunshots at the heart of the port where huge containers are piled. They looked at each other and run towards the area. They halted their steps upon seeing what is currently happening between their gang and Triple Ace—the gang targeting them.

 

It was a huge mess. Blood and dead bodies are everywhere. But the firing didn't stop. They also see their men bloody killed.

 

"They're out numbered," Bom gasped in disbelief.

 

Sandara's face darkens and pulled the lock on her gun. "No. It was a trap. They'd been trapped."

 

Bom her breath. "W-What?"

 

"We don't have much time. We need to separate. Climb on the containers. You take the top. I will take care of the ground. Got it?" she said seriously. But Bom can only stare at her.

 

"BOM!" she snapped.

 

"N-neh?" she blinked rapidly.

 

"Did you even hear me?" she hissed.

 

"Um... y-yes. I'll take care on the top. Got it," she repeated.

 

"Good! Let's go."

 

The two starts moving then, shooting anyone crossing their path. Bom rapidly aim her submachine gun on the ground as she paced on top of the containers. While Sandara kills her enemy with one shot on the head without any sweat.

 

***

 

"! We need back up!" Youngbae yelled after kicking the thug who attack him as he shot another who's about to tackle him.

 

"Are you kidding, Rooster? How are we going to do that on the middle of this?" Chaerin yelled back smacking her attacker with her gun.

 

"Stop complaining and fight head on!" Jiyong shouted angrily at them while shooting bullets any possible attacker his eyes can see.

 

"They are too many, G-Dragon! We're out numbered!" Minzy said throwing daggers on her opponents head.

 

"I know. I ing know that!" he yelled frustrated cursing after.

 

Things were fine a while ago. But what they did not expect was; it was a trapped. They got a report that their firearms shipment from Mexico had been hijacked by Triple Ace gang. So they quickly went to the port and engaged on couple of firing and next thing they knew, some of their men were killed and here they are fighting to survive.

 

"Aren't they decreasing?" Seungri groans stepping the dead bodies.

 

"It seems not, Pegasus. They're like gremlins," Daesung tried to joke while dodging a punch about to hit him.

 

"! Get off of me!" Top hissed while trying to get off from the thug who pinned him down while holding his neck. He is having a hard time since the thug was twice his size.

 

He squirmed all his might but failed. Then suddenly the thug widens his eyes clutching the back of his realizing there's a blood gushing out of it. Someone shot him. The thug fell lifeless on top of him. He quickly pushed him off to the side and searched to that person who helped him.

 

"Need help?" Bom smirked on top of the container with hand on her hips and the other raising her gun.

 

"Virgo!" The gang shouted in relief thinking more back-ups are coming.

 

Knowing more backups are coming, the gang fights head on. As time goes by they're getting tired and almost run out of bullets, but there is still no back-up arriving.

 

"Virgo! Where is the back up?" Jiyong asked Bom while panting.

 

"What back up? I came here w—Opps!" she didn't finished her sentence when she dodge a punched almost hitting her.

 

"What?! You didn't bring back up?" Jiyong cursed punching the thug straight on the face.

 

The fight continued. Few minutes after a clap interrupted them. Everyone stopped and looked at the man who just arrived. He is wearing a formal suit and black pants. A cigarette dangling between his lips and a triple A letters tattoo can be seen on his clavicle which remained uncover under his polo.

 

"Who are you?" Chaerin asked bravely.

 

"My, my, Miss Beautiful. You don't know me?" the man chuckles showing his black gums due to smoking and tar-tar filled teeth.

 

"Would I ask if I do?" Chaerin snorted sarcastically.

 

"Pisces," Jiyong warned her.

 

Good thing she complied.

 

"Wew! Feisty. I like. I like," he claps again. "Well, guess I have to introduce myself then. Okay! I deeply honored to present to you as the leader of the gang who's going to replace you, Double Dragons! I am Triple Ace's head, Chicken Feet!"

 

"What the hell is that name?!" Seungri whispered while grimacing.

 

"That sounds... gross," Bom cringes.

 

G-Dragon glared at them to make them shut up. His gazed zeroed on Chicken Feet.

 

"What do you want?" he asked.

 

Chicken Feet chuckled. "What else? Of course, your power!"

 

Jiyong smirks and put his hands on his pocket. He looked at the latter with mockery.

 

"What makes you think you can replace us?" he snorted.

 

"Can't you see around you? You lost already," he said obviously and chuckled again.

 

"This guy is underestimating our gang. Poor him," Minzy mumbles.

 

"Oh really?" Jiyong casually said.

 

"You don't believe me, huh?" Chicken Feet challenged. "Okay. Let see about that. Boys bring that lady to me," he ordered to his men.

 

"Yes, boss!"

 

"What the are you doing?!" Seungri yelled when two thugs drag Chaerin.

 

They don't have a chance to move because Chicken Feet's other men aim their gun at them. Jiyong curls his hand into tight ball in anger as well as the other Bigbang boys.

 

"Pisces!" Bom and Minzy shouted.

 

"Let me go! ! You bastards!" Chaerin growls angrily.

 

"Shhh... this will be quick, kitty," Chicken Feet smiled evilly. The he grabbed Chaerin by her neck choking her.

 

"PISCES!" The gang shouted watching Chaerin choked yet still tried to fight back by failing her hands.

 

Chicken Feet raised her and harden his grip on Chaerin's neck. The latter tried to kick him but failed. Her face is turning to blue.

 

"Damn you! Let go off her!" Seungri shouted.

 

"Pisces! Oh god!" Bom exclaimed helplessly.

 

"Wait 'til I get my hands on you, ! I'm going to kill you!" Top growled.

 

They were about to attack Chicken Feet when suddenly the Triple Ace leader released Chaerin. He reached at the back of his head. He felt something wet and when he saw a red substance Chicken Feet widens his eyes as he gasps. His palm was coated with blood. His blood to be exact. And when his body collapsed, Seungri and Minzy quickly run beside Chaerin who fell pale shocked staring at the Triple Ace gang leader's opened eyes dead body.

 

Nobody dared move. Even Triple Ace members are too stunned with what happened. Their leader just died and from the looks of it, it's a gun shot. But how? Where? They didn't even hear a sound. Maybe the sniper used a silencer.

 

Triple Ace members once again draw their guns and aim it at Double Dragons. But their eyes alerted around to catch the sniper who's probably one of them. Then one by one their opponent dropped on the ground, bleeding to death.

 

Bom suddenly remembered something and widens her eyes as realization hits her.

 

"Hare..." she gasps.

 

Jiyong and the rest turn to her with wide eyes.

 

Slowly, Sandara steps out from the shadow with dark expression on her once innocent face. Her eyes are blank looking down at Triple Ace gang’s lifeless forms, like a blur, the whole gang were shot on their foreheads leaving a pile of bodies surrounded the area. On her hand, a sniper rifle with a silencer attached to it.

 

"H-Hare..." Chaerin coughs through half lidded eyes.

 

Sandara turns to her but the dangerous and deadly aura is still there. She smiled, though. A kind of smile that made them shivers in fear. She sighs heavily to calm herself. Sandara turns around and immediately approached Chaerin.

 

"Hey, how are you?" she asked crouching in front of her.

 

"Unnie..." Chaerin only answered gazing at her still shocked.

 

Sandara gave her a faint smile and sighs after. She stood up as she offered her hands to her.

 

"Let's go home, Chaerinnie."

 

***

/flashback/

Four years old Chaerin hugs herself as she shivers in cold. It was raining hard. Her Rugrats pajamas were already soaking and mud covered her feet from running away.

 

She cried looking at the unfamiliar surroundings. She's scared and lost.

 

"Omma..." she cried.

 

Her catty eyes darted around. But she can only see tall trees and bushes. She had run into the woods near the mansion.

 

The Red Mansion. It is the place where she stayed after the tragic incident happened with her family. It was a cruel and traumatic incident that hunted her to sleep.

 

Just like what happened earlier before she run away. She was in deep slumber but that nightmare had awakened her. Her dimly light and large room added to her fright. Not to mention she was all alone.

 

Lee Chaerin, the only daughter of Lee Chaewon and his wife Lee Harin. Her late parents were one of Double Dragons pioneer members. A week ago, at their residence, a group of unknown hired killers had attacked them. Their men were massacred along with Mr. and Mrs. Lee. Fortunately, young Chaerin was hidden inside the closet at the right time before the attacker found her.

 

Hades came with his men a little too late and found the Lee Residence full of dead bodies swimming on their own pool of blood. The hired killers managed to escaped, unfortunately. Hyun Suk found little Chaerin trembling in fear covering her ears inside the closet bawling. He took her with him to the Red Mansion.

 

There Chaerin met Dara, Bom and the boys, Jiyong, Top, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri.

 

Because of what happened Chaerin became quiet and cannot speak. Even Dara and the others tried to engage talk to her but none of them succeeded.

 

"Omma...Appa..." Chaerin trembled when the cold breeze touched her skin.

 

Then she heard a snickering behind the bushes. She stopped and looked around the dark surroundings. Fear engulfed her system as she step back without noticing a root protruding on the ground. She tripped and stumbled back landing on her .

 

She cried harder when the sound became louder. She shut her eyes and embraced her body more as she waited for her end.

 

However, nothing came.

 

Chaerin opened her eyes slowly. A panting drenched Dara greeted her sight. Her hair was dripping with wet rain much like her. Her pink pyjama dress was also soaking and there is a smudge of mud on it. Her round orbs met her small ones.

 

Sandara exhales and smiled in relief. She extended her hand towards her with a smile.

 

"I run after you. Let's go home, Chaerinnie?" she said.

 

Young Chaerin trembles her lips as tears pooled her eyes looking at Sandara and her open palm. And slowly, she lifted her tiny hand and reached to her. Sandara held her hand tightly but gently at the same time.

 

Double update! Comment juseyo! What do you think? Hmm...

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGES AND SCENES THAT NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG READERS.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|