FAREWELL TO YOU

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| F A R E W E L L   T O   Y O U |

|Now Playing: This Love by Davichi, Descendants of the Sun OST Part 3 (song for whole chapter)|

NOTE: THIS IS A PARALLELED CHAPTER. The scenes are happening at the same time.

 

The gang send Sandara off the next day with the exception of Jiyong. True to his words, he won't see her leave. What for? He had said his goodbye last night. He doesn't like to be a masochist anymore and make it difficult for his already battered heart. The pain he was feeling right now is enough. There's no need to add salt to his open wounds.

Instead, Jiyong opted to stay in his office room where he found a serenity. His head leans on the back of his swivel chair with his eyes shut close. In his hand he played a red velvet box that nestled a diamond ring he acquired years before for his formal marriage proposal. Yes. It supposed to be an engagement ring. But now, he doesn't think it will serve its purpose anymore.

His office room served as his sanctuary these past few days because he can't bear to be in a place where he could be reminded of Sandara such as his own home. It only reminds him that last time she were there. It felt empty now that Sandara is gone.

And just like that, unwanted memories flooded his mind. Those moments he had with Sandara from their childhood memories to the current. Every memory brought prick in his heart. He felt knives had been stab in chest with every thoughts of her. It's like a old cinema that sunk him into deep nostalgia.

In his mind, he could see their young selves. The smiles they shared. The laughter they make. Those happy times when the world is full of rainbows and they care less of what is happening around them. Time is just a number for them. And the day seemed indefinite. Life was easier back then. Unlike when they grew up, there's a lot of things they missed.

Jiyong welcomes the pain of Sandara's memories for it will be the only way he could cherish her. The several days they had when she finally returned back from the other side of the world were likely the most precious for him.

And there is Tamtam, their so-called son. He cannot forget the purple stuff toy who had been his companion when he misses Sandara. Tamtam has been his sanity holder and reminder of the woman he ever love.

The homecoming he had prepared for her return with all his effort, the first time in more than a decade that he had seen her again, that time he watched her in the middle of the garden, watching the starry night—it's all coming back to him, torturing him even more. He remembered that time when the urge to approach her was so strong but he couldn't get near her still. That one time he came to the red mansion and he had seen her seating in the piano while playing a song. He remembers how captivating she was. Then, the night of their engagement, her rejection, the feeling when she was ambushed, their moments after that, it is all retained in his head. His home was invaded by her memory when they spent the night together after dealing with the bastard Blade. The party they attend held by the Senator with the same night he finally found the courage to say those three words and risked his heart in the line... And the kiss they have shared.

Regret, bitterness, sorrow—he can all feel it all at once. If only he could turn back time... But sadly, he can't. If he had been stronger that time, she wouldn't have to leave. He should have protected her. He should have...

It's too late to dwell on the past and regret. Self blaming himself won't change anything at all. What's done is done.

Now, he had nothing to do but to swallow the pain on his own.

Kwon Jiyong never thought loving is easy. He had learn that love always comes with a heart break. He learned it the hard way. To be able to endure this pain he had to accept that everything won't always go the way he planned it.

Love is very unpredictable. It is uncertained. It is painful. It is happiness.

As tears flowed down his cheeks unknowingly, Jiyong weeps in silence as the heavy feeling on his heart settled in.


***

The girls walked with Sandara out the infirmary as it is the day she will leave. They were quiet and no oine is speaking. The hallway seemed silent and peaceful with only their footsteps and Minzy's wheelchair can be heard. The gravity of the impending departure of Sandara is slowly sinking in. This is the last day that they will see each other. Unlike before, this is now for good.

Sandara's steps halted upon reaching the exit door whereas Daesung, Youngbae, Top and Seungri are waiting beside two convoy unregistered black Sedan. Just like the girls, they were also quiet and have the same blank expression. Youngbae climbed inside the driver's seat without saying anything.

A chill crept in her body. She had been noticing Youngbae's indifference towards her. Just like Bom, the latter had been aloof and quiet. Sandara swallowed the invisible lumps on as she tried to smile to the others. But then, it faltered as well as they didn't return it. Though Seungri did yet it is rather a sad one.

Daesung steps forward and courteously gets her luggage to put in the trunk of their car. The guy offered her a kind but tiny smile and quickly turns to fix her things in the trunk with the help of Seungri. Top remained silent while watching in sidelines through his dark shades.

She clears as there is a heavy feeling on top of her shoulder. She should be happy now that her plan still succeeded though it isn't as perfect as she planned it. She should be grateful that her dreams will finally happen. However, she felt the opposite.

There's a huge heavy feeling inside her. She felt bad. She's far from happy. Why does it feel wrong? This is what she wanted. This is what she hoped for. Everything was in her plan. But why does it appeared so difficult? Why does she feel hurt?

"I..." she started but she doesn't really know what to say actually. Should she say good-bye? Why does she felt ashamed?

"We wish you happiness, Sandara-unnie. I hope you will be happy with the path you chose. I just want to let you know, I am glad I met you." Chaerin initiated first with a sincere smile she could muster. "Thank you for everything you've done for me. It saddens me to have this farewell with you but what can I do, right? Things were not the same as before." She takes a lungful of air and exhales as tears pooled the corner her eyes. Her lips quiver as well. "I will miss you, unnie. Good luck and live well," she ended. Chaerin gave her a quick hug before turning on her back and wiped the tears which managed to escape from her eyes.

Sandara's heart throb painfully as she stared at Chaerin's back unmoving. Her own tears betrayed her. She whipped her head down away from Chaerin when she felt a hand touches hers. Minzy were looking up to her with those sad tears as the maknae cried openly.

"You know, I hated you for doing this to us. I hate you for leaving us without regarding the pain we will feel. Yet, as much as I hate you right now for bringing us this pain, you're still my unnie and I love you. I'm sorry for feeling this ill towards. But I just can't help it. I am really sorry," Minzy cried as Sandara shook her head while tears flowed down her cheeks, damping her face. "I-I really hope you will be happy and won't regret this. Be careful and always take care of yourself, unnie. Good bye."

The latter released her hand and looked away while sniffing and wiping her tears away. Sandara stared at the two girls she had consider as her younger sisters, crying not for her but because of her. Funny how a single word could change meaning to the message. It brought her tears as well as she cried heavily. Then her eyes met Bom's red shot eyes while looking at her with the same disappointed and painful gaze.

Her best friend looked away, biting her lips as she sniffs to prevent herself from crying as well. Bom can't even met her eyes. She hasn't talking to her yet. She might not able to until she leaves totally. And she couldn't blame her for treating her this way. She is upset to her. However, she still wished to have a word with her even for the last time.

"We have to go, Sandara," Top speaks up with no emotion at all.

Sandara nodded as she bit her lips to prevent herself from sobbing more. She traced her steps towards the car while giving Bom one last glance. Unfortunately, the girl didn't look at her and trying to not make any eye contact with her as she wipes the tear that fell from her eye.

Before she completely goes inside the backseat of the car that Youngbae is going to drive, Sandara glanced up where the main offices are located. She stared at one particular window longingly. She swallowed the sob that was threatening to come out as the image of Jiyong filled her mind.

Her heart aches even more, remembering the broken guy she is going to leave once again. She knew how much she had hurt him. That's why even she hoped to see him before she leaves, she settled with looking at him from a far for she doesn't want to inflict more pain to him. Seeing her leave is definitely hard for him.

Sandara shut her eyes as more tears fell from her eyes. At the back of her mind, she wished things wasn't came out this way. But now it's too late to turn back time. She already chose this and had her back turned to the gang. She will now suffer on her own.

She opens her eyes and climbs inside the car but before she could close the door, Bom grabs it while looking down at her surprised gape. Bom pulled the door wide open as her gaze didn't leave her. She wasn't smiling. Though tears kept falling from her eyes, her face showed nothing but blank. Sandara frowned as she steps out again, facing the girl.

"Bom..." she mumbled confusedly.

Bom didn't say anything. Next thing she knew, her head was whip to the side and a series of gasped came around them. Her cheek stings  and marks red as the hard slap connected to her. Bom slapped her!

Completely stunnned, Sandara slowly gazed at her best friend with gaping mouth. But her eyes soften when she saw Bom's crying face. The latter was shaking. Her lips trembles while her whole face is already damped albeit beet red.

"I hope that slap woke you up, Sandara. You're stupid! You're an idot! Why did you do this?! You want to leave the gang? HA! You're a big fool, you know? You are ing dreaming if you think you can really leave this life. You're already tainted, Sandara! Why don't you just accept the fact that you're a coldblooded criminal? Your hands are filthy with blood and crime! Don't be naïve. Don't act like some innocent civilian, dream big and all! You're pathetic and a selfish . I can't believe you're willing to turn your back on us for your own selfish desire. You want to live away from the gang, from us? Go ahead! Pretend your life is full of rainbows, clouds and sunshine. And I will tell you, you will regret it, Sandara. Leaving this gang won't give you peace. You can't never be happy alone!" Bom exclaimed as anger flashed her eyes.

Sandara couldn't help but hurt with her words which only held the truth. Bom doesn't have to spell it because she is already feeling it. Nevertheless, she cannot go back and returns her decision. She can clearly see the pain she cause right through her own eyes. The wound she gave them is too raw and deep. She thought leaving would be the best thing to do so she won't hurt them furthermore.

"That guy..." Bom continued as she bows her head weakly. Sandara looked at her, waiting for her next words. She have an idea who is she pertaining to. "Jiyong loves you too much. How could you do that to him? I told you how much he is willing to do anything for you. He is willing to suffer for you. He is letting you go twice this time because of you. He put you in the pedestal, worshipped you with his life. Jiyong is so devoted to you. He is falling without you. Every damn time. Why do you keep on breaking his heart?" Bom broke down in front of her as if having a hard time.

She gasped as her eyes blurred while staring at Bom. Those words she told her before came like a river flows drowning her with so much intense emotions. She had told her everything Jiyong went through when she left thirteen years ago. Then like a bucket of cold water poured at her, those times she spent with Jiyong flashed her mind.

Her heart broke as she remembered that time Jiyong said I love you to her. The way he looked at her and the kiss they shared are enough proof of his love for her.

Sandara bowed her head in shame.

"I should be mad at you. But out of respect for Jiyong and as a favor as well, Sandara, please be happy. That's the only thing you can give to us. Don't waste all our effort to give you the life you dreamed of. Live well and break a leg," Bom steps back and bowed formally as she walks away back inside the infirmary.

She couldn't do anything but followed her by gaze with pain in her eyes. Not long after, Chaerin and Minzy followed Bom and gave her a last farewell. She watched as their back disappeared from the corner. She curled her fist into tight balls as she turns away and gets back to the backseat. Top and Youngbae were quiet the whole time.

As she settled in her seat, Youngbae starts the engine of the car and drove them out of the headquarters with Seungri and Daesung following right behind them inside the other car.

When she glanced back, she watched as the HQ gets smaller and smaller as they moved further away. She held back her tears and grabbed Tamtam. She clutches the toy in her chest as she shut her eyes while crying silently as her mind wondered.

"Jiyong..."


***


Cozy, huge, neat and arrange accordingly to her taste, Sandara wandered around her new home in the heart of Gangnam. Just like what Jiyong has told her, everything was settled. From that day and on, she will be living alone in that house.

Daesung and Seungri both came in with her stuff along with Top who is carrying her huge box that contains her other things. Youngbae was the one who accompanied her in the house. But the latter has been silent ever since they left Gwangju. He didn't even gave her at least a simple glance. She is not dumb not to notice his cold treatment. And Sandara knew why. So she didn't dare to ask.

"This all of your things, Sandara. We can't help you unpack anymore," Top muttered as his face looked apologetic. "Jiyong ordered us to must return immediately. We still have jobs to finish and a wake to perform."

She nodded. "I understand, Top. It's okay. I'm sorry for the trouble."

Top only gave her a small smile as he nodded. He approached her and ruffled her hair. He didn't say anything but she knew by the way he looked that he is disappointed as well. Before he walks out and leaves, he tapped her by the shoulder as if saying good luck.

"Noona." Sandara looked at Seungri and Daesung and offered a small sad smile. Seungri steps forward and held her by an embrace. "You're always be my favorite noona, arasso? I will never forget you. And please be safe especially that we're not going to be with you anymore. I will miss you, Sandara noona. Stay healthy and live well. And don't worry about Jiyong hyung. We will be there and take care of him. This is the last time we will see each other. The next time if ever, we are going to be strangers anymore. Good luck, noona." Then he released her and steps back. "By the way, I hope you like this home. I made it sure it's safe for you."

"I love it, Seungri. Thank you." She paused then continued. "I will miss you too."

Seungri hummed with his hand on his pants' pocket and gave way to Deasung.

"Noona..." Daesung said softly while smiling at her with his signature eye-smile. His eyes almost gone and forms in thin line. "All is going to be well. Our memories will be forever in our grave. I may not understand anything for now but I hope you still find your real happiness because you seemed didn't found it with us. Farewell to you, Sandara noona."

The two younger lads left afterwards, leaving Youngbae with her. The latter has been keeping his silence in the corner where the window is facing. He was holding a brown manila envelope in his hand. Then as he finally turns, Youngbae regards her blankly as they continued to stare at each other.

"Here. It contains all your fabricated documents which won't associated you with the gang at all. Jiyong asked me to liquidate your property to another untraceable account. All your assets has been cashed in a Swiss bank account. I really hope you live well, Sandara. I really do," he said as he trails off mournfully.

Youngbae sighs and looks torn. He seemed fighting the urge to burst out and remained his composure. Youngbae is always been the level headed one and act according to rationality.

"I've been thinking..." Youngbae said as he looks blankly ahead with a heavy gaze which picks up her curiosity. "So many whys running into my head. I keep wondering how can I accept your reason for planning all of this, for hurting my best friend, and using my girlfriend on your own personal gain. What are you trying to achieve, Sandara? Was it really worth it that you are willing to turn your back on us? Nevertheless, I cannot come up with an answer to all this confusion. And I wonder how Jiyong can swallow the pain and take this everything in without breaking apart. I actually thought wrong, though."

Sandara watched as a bitter and tiny lopsided smile forms his lips. When he turned to her, Youngbae's eyes were full of solemnity and pain through the glistening unshed tears.

"Jiyong has been broken the moment you left thirteen years ago and he made that sacrifice. But this..." he motions around them in spitefully. "The moment you plan to leave the gang had kill him inside. He indeed fallen in great grief which he doesn't deserve at all. I bleed with him. I fought with him. And it hurts me seeing him tearing apart, shedding pieces to pieces. And I can't do anything about it." Youngbae lets out a broken sigh.

"It's hard, Sandara. It's hard to look at you without feeling the anger. How can you just move on without thinking Jiyong's feelings? You made him hope for nothing. He waited until forever for you. But what did you do?"

Sandara parted to say something but Youngbae's pain look rendered her speechless. How to undo what has been done? No matter how much regretful she is, right now, she can't do anything but to stay away. She just can't change her mind and stay knowing full well the amount of pain she cause them.

"Youngbae-ah..."

"When I discovered what you did with my girlfriend's help, I just can't help but to feel mad. I can't believe it at first. I want to deny it. But when Hyo Rin revealed everything to me, I don't know. I...I...just don't know. I was torn whether to tell it to Jiyong without breaking him. Yet, it turns out he knew it all along." Youngbae chortled a bit. "You see, he had endure the pain so he could be with you. He told me that he had hope for you to stay until the last second of your plan. That's why I keep wondering if it's not enough for you that he loves you so much? What does it takes for you to stay beside him?"

Sandara lowered her head as she sobbed. She shook her head as if telling him that she doesn't know. That Jiyong doesn't have to do anything anymore. That his sacrifices were enough. Jiyong isn't the problem but she is. Unfortunately, Youngbae mistook her gesture to something else as he slumped his shoulder dejectedly.

"Oh well, I've tried my best to convince you. I wouldn't be guilty that I didn't do anything. At least I've tried for Jiyong," he muttered inaudibly. "I'm going then. There's no reason for me to stay longer." Then Youngbae pace towards the door. He was about to leave when she called out to him.

Sandara glanced at the Youngbae's back while the latter didn't even face her.

"Youngbae-ah...I'm sorry. Please look after him for me. You're the only one I can trust."

Youngbae looked back at her emotionless.

"You don't have to tell me. Because I've been doing it all along when you're not."

Youngbae left while she weeps with his blunt honesty. His words hurt her mostly because it held only the truth. And thinking back, she haven't do anything for Jiyong. She hasn't even let him feel her love for him at least.

Such unfairness...


***

He told himself he won't do this. He tried to convince himself to stop doing this. He was firm with his mind but his heart...oh his heart is breaking from so much emotions. It won over the rationality of his brain. Instead, he grabs his keys, drove to the city, and here he was outside her house, looking so pathetic because he couldn't fight the urge to see her.

Jiyong is being a masochistic to himself. Watching her from outside of her house is a torture he let himself feel.

His grip on the steering wheel tightens as he remained seated on his car which he parked not far from Sandara's new house. He couldn't see her but he saw the light on her room as he guesses. Then he saw a her shadow through the curtains. And his longing heart ache one more time.

He was asking himself why is he doing this? Why he cannot let go of her still? Sandara made it clear she doesn't want the gang. She made it clear she doesn't want to tie with him.

Yet, he couldn't let himself but hope that somewhere in between her reservations and selfish dream, the Sandara he knew is still there. Only to be crushed when he remembered the times she rejected him. Is the girl who wanted to marry him before really gone?

Then his phone rang, breaking him from his pathetic reveries.

Youngbae calling...

He sighs before answering the call but his gaze remained towards where he could see just a glimpse of Sandara while his best friend's voice entered his ears, asking where he was.

"You won't believe it where I am, Bae." His voice thicked with sadness. "You would only call me an idiot if you knew." He heard Youngbae sighs in the other line. "Yes, I am outside her house. I know, Youngbae. You don't have to tell me."

"You're stupid and you know it. Now, get out of there, Ji. It's useless. You will only hurt yourself. Give yourself a break, brother."

Jiyong smiled remorsefully. "I am already broken. What else is there to break?"

"That's not what I meant! Enough with your witty remarks. Go back here now!" Youngbae paused and added warily. "Sandara doesn't love you, Ji. Face it and man up. She chose her dreams, not you. Accept the truth and let her go. You don't deserved this, brother. Besides, we have a funeral here. And Uncle Hyun Suk... Hades called. He is coming back and heard what happened. He wanted to talk to you."

His face darkens. He has a lot of explaining to do later and face his uncle's wrath. Hades will be pissed but he knew he would understand why he did this. Hyun Suk cares for Sandara a lot like a daughter. He knew if he explains to him, he would still understand.

"Did he say when he is coming back?"

"Tomorrow morning. We're all preparing everything. Ji, please, just go back home in here. That's not your place anymore. Stop torturing yourself. She doesn't want to be by your side. Do all of us a big favor especially yourself and let go. Why are you keep torturing yourself like this?"

Jiyong stilled for a moment. Then his eyes caught Sandara's figure, walking out the balcony. She looks immaculately breathtaking in her white long sleeves night dress. Her hair falls perfectly on her back as it swayed slightly along the cold breeze of the night. Jiyong his breath while painfully looking at her.

With his eyes strained at her, he answered Youngbae.

"Because I love her, Youngbae. I love her even it hurts. I love her even it kills. And I will love her until it ends. There is no way I can't do how. This love is the only way I know how."

"That's twisted. But I guess, your hopeless. You're hopeless in love and you're not even ashamed of saying it. I really wish you well, brother."

"Hmmm...Thanks, Bae. I'll be back. Don't worry. I just need to do this. My heart yearns for this."

"Do whatever. Just return here at one piece."

"Yeah. Sure. Bye!"

They both hangs up and Jiyong stared at Sandara hungrily. Just like that and his heart is achingly relaxed. He lingers for another quarter while watching Sandara closes her eyes and feel the night chill, standing in front of the railings. Jiyong restarts the engine after awhile and drove away, passing in front of her house.

On his side mirror reflects Sandara's figure getting smaller and smaller as he made it further away until it's gone. Jiyong sighs heavily and steps on the accelerator as his car moved speedily.

Meanwhile, a cold breeze passed by her at the same time a car passed in front of her house. Sandara blinks in confusion as her eyes followed the posh vehicle zooming away from her. Her heart was beating strangely and she doesn't know why.

Sandara put a hand on top of her chest where her heart was beating rhythmically. A frown is also visible in between her brows as well. It is really strange. Why is that her heart reacting so unusual?

"Weird. My heart only reacts this way if Jiyong is around..." she whispered to herself. She looked at the dark road again where the car had gone to.

"Isn't that him, is he?" she wonders.


***

The whole local gangs in the country had heard the news. Some reached out to Ssang Yong Pa and sent their condolences. Some smirked and condemned the unfortunate lose of the gang. Some didn't care and some felt glad that Double Dragons lost it's heir.

"What do you mean she died?! This is not true!" A fifty old man in his white hair and three piece suit and cane growled at the young lad in front of him.

"It is what the gang around the country has been talking about. Apparently, Double Dragons has preparing for a funeral for their beloved heiress, Hare," the young man explained blankly.

The old man pounds the table loudly despite his age. His face showed anger as he hisses.

"What happened? How did this happen?!"

"Hare attacked Legion Tail all alone and had a pretty bad encounter. By the time G-Dragon came along with their gang mates, it's already too late. According to what I gathered, Hare was in comatose for days before she completely passed away," the young man answered.

The old man looked petrified for a moment. Then his expression turns to a grave one. He stood up and walks towards the floor to ceiling window glass. His cane is making noise along the wooden floor.

"Double Dragons will pay for this! I won't let them get away for killing Hare. They will pay for the death of my daughter!" the old man sweared with a voice that held with so much anger and a promised of pure hell.

The young man watched silently, his face marring a serious expression.

 

#STAYSTRONGTOP #STAYSTRONGBIGBANGANDVIP

xx,

Bonapaix