BEFORE LETTING GO

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| B E F O R E   L E T T I N G   G O |

 

 

Jiyong watched Sandara with awe and amusement while she put a bunch of grocery bag on top of his office table. He was biting his inner cheek to kept himself from erupting into fits of giddy grin. She was really serious when she said about shopping him with grocery stock that night she spent in his pad.

 

He continued to watch her showing him those stuff she bought for him. Sandara is so concentrate while mumbling. She is so cute when she bit her lip, pout and/or fuss over the grocery items.

 

"I also bought some instant noodles so if ever you're not in the mood to cook, you can just put some hot water into it. There are ramen flavored by the way. It's my favorite. What else... Hmmm..." Sandara informed him without giving him a glance because she's busy looking at what she purchased.

 

He cannot help but to smile.

 

"Ramen really? Did you buy that for me or...for you?" He on his seat across her.

 

Sandara looked over to him with a playful glare. "It's for you, babo!"

 

He chortled. "Why am I having a hard time believing that?"

 

"Whatever, Ji. Be grateful because I'm a good samaritan who's saving you from starvation," she snorted as she fumbled with the other bags.

 

Jiyong looked at the bags in front of him. It was at least five of them which are full of different items from dried goods to meats, fish and processed food. He laughed inwardly as he stood up and joined her in checking out his stock.

 

He picks up a piece of green apple in the fruit bag. He rubs it with the fabric of his turtle neck long sleeves and takes a bite. It was crunchy and fresh at the same time. He likes it.

 

"Aish! Jiyong-ah!" Jiyong turns to Sandara who yelled at him while chewing the fruit in his mouth. He blinks in confusion when she gave him a deathly glare. "Why did you eat that?! You haven't wash it yet!"

 

He parted his mouth slightly with the fruit still in his mouth. She looks at him as if he did a mortal sin. He swallowed it first before turning fully to her.

 

"What did I do? I'm hungry. And this looks good enough," he said showing her the bitten apple in his hand.

 

"Still! It's not yet clean to eat. You should have wash it first. Do you know how many hands had touched it? Do you know how many germs you could acquire by eating that apple unwashed?!"

 

He shrugged and took another big bite. Jiyong even by enjoying the treat nonchalantly. He likes to see her all annoyed.

 

"You're really impossible," she said seemingly had given up with his attitude. "If you got sick because of that..."

 

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Don't you know that saying? So rest assured that I won't get sick, baby," he said, grinning foolishly.

 

Sandara scoffs and just let him while turning back to the last bag. Jiyong's grin didn't ceased though. He enjoyed watching her as he eats where he was standing. He absentmindedly bites another big chunk when he suddenly caughs and ended up choking.

 

He slaps his chest hard to ease himself but it's not helping him. He flaps over to the bags to get a drink. Sandara noticed him and widened her eyes, realizing his predicament. She rushed to him and quickly helped him by tapping on his back.

 

He finally grabs the bottled water and without wasting any second, he twists the cap, opened the lid and gulped the water. The fresh liquid helps him soothe his feelings. As soon as he was fine, he heard a soft giggles from Sandara. Then it turns to fits of laughter.

 

She's laughing at him!

 

Jiyong cannot believe it. She's actually making fun of his misfortune. But it's nice to hear her laughter again. It is a music to his ears.

 

"Oh my God! That was really hilarious!" She exclaimed while holding her tummy. "Karma is really digital. Don't you think, Ji?"

 

There's a clear mock on her voice which made him feel embarrass even more. He didn't say anything and looked away with blushing cheeks.

 

She continued laughing and gave him a tap on his shoulder. He hissed as he sent her a glare which is an attempt to intimidate her. But of course, it goes unfazed by the latter.

 

"You know what? I have a new saying now." Sandara grinned. "An apple a day that gives a karma away makes my day!" Then she followed it with a hearty laugh.

 

He softens and straigthens up slowly. His glare gone and replaced by a small smile and twinkling eyes. Jiyong stared at her as Sandara's laughter filled his office and soothes his ears. He wanted to capture this moment and cherish it.

 

"You have a beautiful laughter," he says out loud unintentionally, making her stops and looks at him.

 

Sandara blink twice, thrice at a time utterly dumbstruck by his out of the blue compliment. She was speechless for about few seconds but a blush managed to crept in her cheeks.

 

"Aish! Silly! What are you saying?" She shakes her head and fumbled back to the grocery bag to avert her attention. "Be serious, alright? Stop fooling around."

 

"Who said I'm fooling? I'm telling the truth," he countered back.

 

"Whatever. Let's go back to this," she said to dismiss the topic.

 

Jiyong grins inwardly as he helps her with fixing the grocery bags. He would admit that he likes what she did for him. It just shows that somehow she is concern for his welfare. He loves the feeling of being taken care by her.

 

"This is a lot. I don't think I can eat this all," he said while inspecting the bags in his table. Sandara is also beside him, looking at the it as well. "It is as if apocalypse is coming."

 

Sandara gave his tummy a light backhand blow as he feigned hurting.

 

"Shut it!"

 

"You're getting harsh to me, you know?" he muttered with a pout.

 

"Psh," Sandara scoffs. "As if. That's hardly a blow. I bet, it's just like a mosquito bite for you."

 

He chuckled. That's true though. It doesn't really hurt at all but he just wants to act cute. They are busy with the bags of grocery when the door opens, revealing Youngbae.

 

The latter widens his eyes while looking at them with complete dumbstruck. His mouth even open slightly. He remains rooted in the threshold of Jiyong's office, holding the knob while blinking in disbelief.

 

"What is it, Bae?" Jiyong asked when he truned to his stunned best friend. He just sighs when Youngbae failed to answer as he was busy ogling at the sight of them together. He frowned.

 

What's wrong with Youngbae? Is it really a shocker to see Sandara with him?

 

Jiyong wanted to roll his eyes inwardly. It's really getting over dramatic whenever he and Sandara are concern. Is it hard to accept that they're getting along just fine now?

 

He decided to move to his seat at the back of the table and waits for Youngbae to snap from his own reverie. Which happened not long after as the latter breaks through his usual self.

 

Youngbae steps inside and regards them with a polite bow. He gave Sandara a single nod then smiled. He turns to Jiyong warily this time.

 

"Spit it out, Bae. I am all ears," he said.

 

He gave Sandara a tentative glances before clearing his throat as he faces him fully. "This came earlier," he said and handed him a white envelope.

 

Jiyong accepted it with a frown. Youngbae seems agitated or sort. He opened the envelope and found out that it was an invitation. He sighs after reading it briefly.

 

"Why? What is it?" Sandara asked stepping forward with furrowed eyebrows.

 

Jiyong and Youngbae shared a knowing look before the latter excused himself and left them alone to talk. Another sigh escape from Jiyong after Youngbae shut the door, leaving him with Sandara once again. He looked at her and stood up to get a glass of brandy in the cabinet. He can feel Sandara's gaze following his every move as he pours the hard liquor in the glass.

 

He took a sip first before turning back to her. Sandara continued to watch him with deep frowns. With his hand tuck on his pants' pocket and the other holding the glass, he motioned her to get the invitation with impassive look.

 

Jiyong watched her as she reads the invitation. Her frown is getting deeper and as expected she turns to her with the same expression. He sighs once more and paces towards the couch. Sandara joined him as well, seating beside him.

 

"Why is Senator Nam inviting us to a dinner party?" she asked curiously.

 

"It happens every year. They invite every single gang in the country in a dinner party as part of their keeping the connections or sort of. Ever since uncle lay lowed and chose to do a silence gang activity, we haven't been attending to any of their invites. Senator Nam is a long time drug protector. He gets a lot of money as a commission."

 

"If so why did you seem reluctant? Are you thinking of not going again?"

 

"No. It is actually nice to have him to our side. I am just thinking about the dinner party since every single gang is going to be there."

 

She frowned. "And what's the problem with that?"

 

"Every single gang, Sandara. Which only meant all of the country's gang even the smallest mob in the street. Can you get the picture? It will be chaotic. I don't want you to be caught in the middle of it."

 

"You want me to come as well?"

 

"Of course! You're a leader as well. I thought you wanted to be treated as one. This dinner party is for all of us. I'm thinking of bringing the boys as well."

 

Sandara smiled. "I'm glad you're learning to consider my role as a leader as well." she teased.

 

"I'm only doing that because I'm worried for you. I am just looking after you."

 

"I know. But sometimes, you're over reacting. You have forgotten that I am capable of taking care of myself. You're my first mentor remember?"

 

Jiyong just smiled faintly. "Alright. I'll tell the boys to get ready for this coming weekend. Meanwhile, let's go shop for you and mine's outfit. It will be a black party," he said.

 

"Shop? Do we have to? I think I have something in my closet to use."

 

"Yes. I want to buy new clothes. And of course, I want to buy you one as well."

 

"Jiyong..."

 

"I want to spoil you. Just let me be," he cut her off.

 

"You don't have to," she reasoned out.

 

"But I want to! Let's not argue about this, Sandara. Consider it as our bonding moment for old time sake."

 

She sighs. "Alright."

 

Jiyong beams when she finally agreed. He put down his glass of hard drink in the table and captures her hand with his.

 

"Let's go!" Then he drags her out of his office.

 

"Yah! Wait?! What about those grocery I got for you?!"

 

"Just leave it there. I'll handle it later."

 

Sandara didn't have a choice and just let Jiyong have his way. He is excited. He led them down to the parking ground and ushered her in his matte Lamborghini Aventador. Then off they went to shop.

 

 

***

 

With few of their men, Jiyong and Sandara together with Top, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri traveled to Seoul to attend the black party organized by Senator Nam. The said occasion will be held in the outskirt of Seoul City where a hidden mansion of the politician is located. It is a huge three storey house with complete security detail. Senator Nam used another pseudo name to cover up his questionable assets.

 

Jiyong drove with one of his priced collection of carsBentley Continental GT. Sandara is riding with him in the passenger's seat. Meanwhile, Youngbae followed him with Top, Daesung and Seungri in his Porsche Panamera. Their other escorts rode behind in a sleek BMW 7 Series. Luxury is one of their privileged as mob bosses.

 

"Good thing, there is no traffic," Sandara remarked while looking ahead of the darkening highway.

 

Jiyong briefly glanced at her then focused his gaze back in front.

 

"It's Sunday. People are either too lazy to leave their houses or simply spent the rest of the day in their home," he said with a shrug.

 

"Possibly. By the way, thank you for picking up my dress for tonight. I love it!" Sandara turns to him with a smile.

 

"You're welcome. It really suits you. You're gorgeous," he said.

 

Sandara has worn a black dress with heart neckline. Her hair is down and done with simple curls at its tips. Her creamy complexion stands out more so is her natural make up. All in courtesy of Jiyong.

 

"You became my stylist for tonight. I didn't know you have that side. I mean, you dress well even in casual days. But really, I don't know you're into fashion as well," she remarked.

 

"It doesn't mean I sell drugs and kill people, I don't know how to be presentable. I'm a mob, yes. But I know how to dress, thank you very much."

 

"Point taken. However," she trails off and looks over to him, eyes with mischief and teasing smile. "You're not gay, are you?"

 

Jiyong glanced tentatively at her with scandalized look. "What theof course not?! How could you say that?"

 

Sandara shrugs while enjoying his flabbergasted reaction. She smiled to herself. Of course, she knew he's very inch a man. There's no doubt about it.

 

But sometimes, she wants to play wicked and see him loose his cool. Just like now.

 

"Yah! I am not in anyway a gay, okay?" Jiyong said with conviction. "I am a full pledge man, body and soul!"

 

"Righhhhhhht!" she countered exaggeratedly. "A man who loves fashion and dresses."

 

He shots her  a glare, momentarily leaving his focus in the road. He snorted as his gaze returns in front.

 

"It doesn't mean I have interest in fashion and dresses, as you put it, I am already gay. I can assure you and show you right here right now how manly I am, Sandara."

 

"Psh. All talk," she snorted, provoking him more.

 

"Be grateful that I am the one who is driving. Or else..."

 

"Or else what?" she taunts him.

 

Jiying smirked and pressed the automatic button as he turns to her fully. His eyes glint with mischief. To her utter surprise, he removes his seat belt and leans forward towards her. Their faces were close. She can feel their breath mingling together and his manly scent reaches her nose.

 

Her heart pounded nervously as she watched Jiyong's advances. She cannot move away either. She's practically rootednon her seat, staring at him.

 

"W-what..." She swallowed the lump in , causing her to statutter. "What are... you doing?"

 

He smiled, or rather grins. "I'm about to show you how manly I am," he said in husky voice.

 

"W-what?!" Sandara widens her eyes in shock as she gapes at him totally dumbfounded. "You're driving, Jiyong! Stop it. Okay I won't tease you anymore. Just... move away," she pleaded.

 

Jiyong tilts his head to the side, his smile cannot be deterred. It seems that it his turned now to make fun of her.

 

"Why? Isn't it what you want?"

 

"No! Jiyong, go back to driving. We're in the highway, for bloody sake! This is not funny anymore," she exclaimed while pushing him away. Wrong move though. She just felt his well toned clothed chest. "Jiyong," she groans. "It's really uncomfortable. Please, would you mind? I promise, I won't tease you anymore. Besides, I knew you weren't really a gay. You have proven it so many times already."

 

"Give up already?" Jiyong clicked his tongue. As he leans away, Sandara finally felt relief and found her breathing once again. She hasn't notice that she was holding her breath all along. "You shouldn't provoke anyone, Sandara. Especially me. Making fun of me can be your greatest mistake. I have so many ways to retaliate back," he added while getting back to steering wheel.

 

"I understand. I'm sorry, Jiyong-ah," she bowed shamefully while pouting her lips and averting her eyes.

 

But Jiyong burst into fits of laughter. "Got cha! Aigoo! You're easily fooled, Sandara. You know I won't do that to you. I am just fooling around."

 

She harshly turns to him and slaps his arm annoyingly. "You're so mean!"

 

"Yah! I'm driving. Besides, you started it."

 

Sandara pouted with a loud hmp, crossing her hands across her chest while feigning to be mad. Jiyong chuckled and reached for her cheek as he gave it a soft pinch.

 

"Stop pouting. We're already here," he said as he maneuvers the car in the entrance.

 

Three security guards greeted them, holding a top caliber shotgun each. They were brief already so they assumed. Jiyong cuts the engine in front if the double door main entrance with valets waiting as well. He was the first to go out of the car and tossed his keys to the valet as he rounds to the passenger's side. He opened the door for her and guided her out.

 

Sandara held his arm as he escorts her inside with their men following behind. They were in front while Youngbae and Top were at the back with Seungri and Daesung and few of Ssang Yong Pa members. Top instructed their men to scatter as soon as they arrived in the main hall where different gangs are invited as guests.

 

Jiyong faces the four boys first before they mingled towards the crowd. They have to remain alert with their surroundings especially that they're with the other gangs. It's better to be ready than sorry.

 

"Go around for the meantime. Don't stray your eyes away unguarded. If something happens you know what to do," he said in hush tone.

 

"Don't worry, G-Dragon. We know what to do. We'll inform you once we caught something fishy," Top reassured him.

 

He nodded and turned to Seungri with stern look. "Seungri..."

 

As usual the maknae has to be defensive. "What? I'm behaving!"

 

"Good! I don't want any trouble, Pegasus," he warns.

 

"I know, G-Dragon."

 

"I'll accompany him so we can be assure," Daesung volunteered.

 

"I don't need a baby sitter, hyung!" Seungri protested.

 

"But you do. Who knows? You're a disaster prone area, maknae. Let's face it. Trouble always find its way to beat you. And you're a handful."

 

"That's slander, hyung! Where is the trust?" Seungri pouted.

 

"I think it's better this way, Seungri. Top and I will go together while you and Daesung. Dae, watch out for the rat. Don't make a scene here," Youngbae reminded them.

 

"Of course!" Daesung beams and headlocks Seungri. "Let's go, maknae. You're my date tonight."

 

"Eww, hyung!" Seungri cringed as they left. "You're not my type, Daesung hyung."

 

"We'll leave you lovers alone. Ciao! Ciao!" Top winks at them before turning to the other side. Youngbae followed him after giving Jiyong a brotherly tap on his shoulder.

 

The two of them watch as the rest walk away. Jiyong only shakes his head with a tiny smile while Sandara clings to him, watching the exchanged of scenario.

 

"They're still act like a kid, aren't they?" she remarks as Jiyong led her further through the crowd.

 

Jiyong chortled a bit. "Like you said so. I don't even know how I put up with them all this years. Youngbae is the only matured one among us. Top hyung, despite his age, acts like a child in some ways. Seungri is the maknae so it only figures. While Daesung is always the happy person among us."

 

Sandara gazed at him with a smirk. "And you're a child as well, Jiyong. You're the leader. So they only follow you." She added with a soft laugh.

 

He scowled. "Are you taunting me again, Sandara-ah?"

 

She stilled while gaping at him. "Ani. I'm just stating a fact, Mr. G-Dragon."

 

"Oh really?" he said as he circled his arm around her tiny waist and pulled her closer to him. "You called me a gay once. Now you're insinuating that I'm childish as well. You're quite good in bruising my ego, huh, Ms. Hare?"

 

Sandara only laughed as she put her hands onto his chest and leans away a bit. "I did no such thing, sir."

 

He narrowed his eyes at her playfully and was about to retaliate when a voice suddenly interrupted them.

 

"G-Dragon-ssi?"

 

Jiyong straightens up as he recognized the new comer. He held Sandara on his side while regarding Seven Star Mob leader, Choi Dong Wook or Lucky in their world.

 

"Lucky!" Jiyong exchanged a hand shake with the latter which Lucky accepted nicely.

 

"I didn't expect you would come tonight. How are you?" he asked as his eyes noticed Sandara. He smiled politely. "This must be Hare, right? You're former leader, Hades, had informed us about the leader replacement." He added answering their unasked question.

 

"I see," Jiyong said. "Yes, this is Hare. She's my fiancé. Babe, this is Seven Star Mob leader, Lucky. You know their gang, right?" he asked when he introduced her to the latter.

 

Sandara bowed respectively as she returns his smile. "It's nice to meet you, Lucky-ssi."

 

"Me too, Ms. Hare. Just call me Dong Wook. Our gangs are in acquaintance for over the years. I think such formality is not needed. Anyway, it's good thing you attended finally, Jiyong. Hades has been missing in action during such occasions in his reign. How are he, by the way?" Dong Wook asked to start their conversation.

 

"Uncle is fine and enjoying his retirement vacation. This kind of events is not really his forte. You know how he is," Jiyong answere with a shrug as he snatched two glasses of champagne in the waiter who roams around serving the guests. He gave one to Sandara which she accepted with a simple thanks.

 

"Yeah. I remember those times when he's still the right hand man of the late Shiva and I was in training to be the next leader under my father's supervision," he said, making them both still upon the mention of Shiva, Sandara's biological father. "He's always the aloof one. He is always quiet and antisocial, very different from your former leader."

 

Jiyong clears his throat as he felt her hold on his arm tightens. She's obviously uncomfortable with the topic of her father. But she remains composed while silently sipping on the champagne glass.

 

"I can't disagree to that. Anyway, have you seen Python around? I haven't seen him  in a while." He diverted the topic for her sake. Sandara silently squeezes his arm gratefully.

 

"Oh, I saw him earlier. He's busy with H.S.S mob activities. Oh speaking of the devil, here he is," Dong Wook said as he raises his hand, perhaps a signal to call someone behind them. "Dude! Right here!"

 

Python came to their view in his all white suit and fedora hat. The H.S.S mob leader, which apparently the second largest gang in the country next to Seven Star Mob, materializes through the crowd with a tabacco dangling in his mouth.

 

"Yo!" he greeted to them cooly as he shakes their hands.

 

"Dude, what's with the get up?" Dong Wook remarked, trying to keep his laughter.

 

Python grins while showing off his outfit. "Is it good? I took this chance to wear this clothes and to look a certified mobster with class."

 

Jiyong sighs while shaking his head. "I think you are over dress, Python. You look like a circus," he remarked making her giggled. The ever blunt fashion guru Kwon Jiyong cringes at the sight of Python.

 

Sandara can imagine his disgusted face and scandalized look. She can only assumed that the two is quite close since he can comfortable say his blunt honesty towards the latter.

 

Python glares at him but when he noticed her clinging on Jiyong. His eyes light up with amusement and a teasing grin forms his lips.

 

"You must be Sandara a.k.a Hare. Hades' daughter and this punk's fiancé? I'm glad to finally meet you. You're pretty. I hope you're taming this rascal." He playfully punched Jiyong in the arm, making the latter grunted slightly. "You're a lucky bastard, G-Dragon! Finally someone will handle your hopeless case!"

 

She frowned at him. "Hopeless case of what?"

 

Jiyong widens his eyes when Python perks up wickedly. He was about to answer her but Jiyong quickly covers his mouth before he spilled something he shouldn't have. Dong Wook only laughs loudly in the sideline.

 

"Shut up, Python!" Jiyong hissed at the H.S.S mob leader.

 

The latter only chuckled. "Such a boy, G-Dragon! Opps! I'm sorry. I spilled!" he then followed it with a lively laugh along with Dong Wook.

 

Jiyong grumbles while blushing madly. He can't even look at her. Sandara blinks and blushes in beet red as she realized what Python meant. She stammered, averting her eyes as well. She shouldn't have asked anyway.

 

"How come you knew about it, Python? That's really outrageous!" Dong Wook asked in between his laughter.

 

"Well, there was a time that I invited him in one of my party. I think he was twenty-one that time. It's a club party and I hired women for everyone. Imagine his mortified look when I present him this y Caucasian babe. He was really white pale. I thought he is going to passed out." Python laughs while retelling them the story of how he discovered Jiyong the boy.

 

On the other hand, Jiyong is blushing vehemently. Dong Wook is lughing all along as he wipes the little tears in the corner of his eyes from too much laughing. Whilst, Sandara fanned herself, feeling the awkwardness of the topic.

 

But Python continued tormenting Jiyong with the story.

 

"He quickly run away like a deer caught in the headlights. So I followed him out. I was planning to drag him back and enjoy my present to him," he said but this time Python wasn't laughing anymore. Instead he is smiling proudly at Jiyong. "I changed my mind when I heard his reason. I remember it clearly when he said, 'Hyung, I'm sorry. But I really can't accept your gift. I am grateful but I have already someone. I am waiting for her to come back. I only want her. I am preserving myself to her only. I hope you understand.' So you see, I admire this boy that moment. I think he is more than a man." He put an arm around Jiyong's shoulder and ruffles the latter's hair.

 

Sandara cannot help but to smile as well as Dong Wook. He is really a gentleman, alright. Part of her, aches for him. He has been so devoted to her. But here she was, breaking his heart every time.

 

"Aish! You ruined my hair!" Jiyong complaints when he released himself from Python.

 

"You're such a girl!" Python rolled his eyes.

 

"You just said I'm a man!" Jiyong shots back.

 

Dong Wook laughed at the two. "You know how meticulous this kid. Besides, he wants to be good looking for Hare's eyes."

 

"Aigoo! So Sandara is the girl you've been waiting for?" Python smirked and looked at her. "Please do us a favor and fix this boy's bad case of blue balls. He needs to get laid."

 

Sandara choked and caughed with her champagne upon hearing what he said. She shot Python a incredulous look as Jiyong fussed over to her while tapping her back lightly to ease.

 

"Aish! Shut it, Python-hyung." Jiyong reprimand the latter as he turns to her. "Feeling better?"

 

The two mob leaders only laughed.

 

"You're so cute young love birds," Dong Wook remarked.

 

"Correction! Two love birds!" Python corrected.

 

"Don't mind them, Sandara. Let's leave these two ahjussi. They're only corrupting our innocent mind. Let's go!" Jiyong said, shooting warning glares at Python and Dong Wook which only laugh by the two.

 

" boy!" Python teased for the last time as Jiyong gave him a good-natured middle finger while leading Sandara away from them.

 

"s!"

 

 

***

 

The night started with the Senator's welcoming speech followed by the buffet dinner. Everyone is chatting on their tables as the host of the party roams around to talk with the guests. Jiyong and Sandara are already seated in the priority table along with their mates. They were adjacent with Seven Star Mob and H.S.S mob table.

 

Their eyes watched as Senator Nam chats animatedly at Blade who is now in wheel chair due to the damage Jiyong gave him during their last encounter with the Legion Tail. Blade avoided them throughout the night which was a good thing. He knows that it's not a good time to cross them yet again.

 

Jiyong frowned when another unfamiliar man approached Blade and the Senator. He is wearing a black overall coat hiding his inner clothing. He has multiple piercings in his ears, eye brow and lower lip. From the tip of his wrist which is showing slightly through his sleeves, he has a tattoo as well.

 

He followed him by gaze when he turns away after exchanging greetings with the Senator. Jiyong didn't miss the exchange of knowing look between him and Blade. He furrowed his brows togther as his frown got deeper.

 

"Good evening, Double Dragons! I'm glad you came at last. I've been sending invitations every year but you didn't came. I am happy to see you this time," Senator Nam came up to them with a pleasant smile. He looks honorable with his gray suit and combed hair. The latter is already in his late fifties but his posture stayed dignified. Even his face looked young due to botox procedure to hide his wrinkles. He was smiling like a politician should be. But they knew better. He was cunning old man.

 

"As we are, Senator Nam. We've been busy over the years. You're invitations came with coincidence over the years. It's such a fortunate timing we're free this time," he lied smoothly.

 

The latter chuckled and waved his hand. "It's fine. I know how this business works."

 

"Thank you for understanding. Hades sent something for you, by the way," he said and motioned Youngbae to give their uncle's present. The Senator accpeted it in delight. "It's a seventeen years old red wine from Italy. Hades said, it's for you and if he has time he'll visit you and have a chat."

 

"Ah, tell him my gratitude and I'll be waiting then. We haven't seen each other ever since he took over the gang."

 

"We'll tell him that."

 

Hades and Senator Nam are acquainted since the two known each other way before the latter entered politics.

 

The Senator nodded and excused himself to attend the other gangs. Jiyong remained impassive as he grabs his wine glass and takes a sip deep in his thoughts. He cannot shake off the nagging feeling in his gut when he saw the mysterious man. A warm and soft hand broke his reverie as he turns to find Sandara staring at him with visible frown.

 

"You okay?" she asked worriedly as she holds his arm.

 

He composed himself before smiling at her reassuringly. He put his one hand on top of hers and squeezed it gently.

 

"I'm fine."

 

"Sure?"

 

He only nodded as Sandara stares at him as if she's reading his very soul. She let it go in the end and focused her attention with her food. Jiyong sighs as he finished his drink. The party went by with him wondering who was that man earlier.

 

Senator Nam ended the party with another speech and a last toast before the gangs leave one at a time. They stayed for a moment until there are only few left. They didn't leave with the massive leaving guests. The senator was in the exit door, sending the guests out courteously.

 

"I hope this won't be the last time I'm seeing you in my functions," Senator Nam said as they walked through the double door exit.

 

"Definitely, Senator Nam," Jiyong said as they shook hands for the last time.

 

The latter only nods as they went out. Their cars is already on stand by with the valets giving back their keys. Jiyong opens the passenger's door for Sandara first before he took the steering wheel. Their travel back to Gwangju is also quiet as he ponders over the strange man. Sandara stayed silent in her seat probably tired or letting him be.

 

 

|Now Playing: How Can I Love You by XIA (Junsu), Descendants of the Sun OST|

 

 

"Is there something wrong, Jiyong?" He heard her asked. Perhaps, she didn't take the silence anymore.

 

"Nothing. I'm just tired. How about you?" he said with his eyes on the dark highway.

 

"Beyond exhausted. It's so boring out there," she sighs and shifted on her seat.

 

He chuckled. "Right. The music as well. The senator was stuck in 1950's old folks."

 

"Sure thing. The only entertaining there was Python's revelation about you," she giggled when he groaned.

 

Jiyong gave her a brief glanced with puff cheeks and pouting lips.

 

"Don't remind. I almost strangling Python earlier."

 

"It's fun though," she reasoned out with a shrug and wide smile.

 

"Fun? Where's the fun there? He's mocking me," he huffed.

 

Sandara laughs. "Because you're hot headed and easily annoyed. You're reaction is another thing. It's funny to watch your facial expression. It is epic!"

 

"Go on and have a field day with making fun of me," he grimaced. "Let's see. You will pay for it sooner!"

 

"Come on! You're really hot headed. Wheres the funny bone in you?"

 

"I thow it away and fed it to Seungri."

 

Sandara laughs even more. "No wonder he's hyper active kid."

 

He smirked. He likes their conversation right now. He loves how they're treating each other now unlike previously they were very awkward to one another. Things are falling into their places. Or so he thought?

 

After another hour of travel and chatting random things they reached Red Mansion where he'll drop Sandara. Youngbae and the rest went ahead to their apartment as he still have to send Sandara home.

 

Jiyong cuts the engine of his car just in front of the doorway. It's already past one in the morning. The whole mansion is dark and quiet since the servants is already asleep except for the securities.

 

Sandara unclips her seat belt as Jiyong unlocks the door. He watched her as if he doesn't want her to leave first. He wants to be with her but he knew it was already too much. They've spent the rest of the party together. However, it seems not enough for him.

 

"Thanks for the ride, Ji. See you...um...later?" she said before opening the car door.

 

"Hmmm..." He hummed but he felt something is missing. He continued to stare at her as she fixed herself to go out.

 

"Good night and drive safely," she said as she leans to him and pecks his cheek goodbye. She was about to climbs out of his car when he pulls her back by the arm and held the back of her head as he captures her lips with his in a passionate kiss.

 

She gasped because of surprise and he took it a chance to kissed her deeper. His lips moved aboved hers ardently. Not long after, he felt her body relax and responds to his seering kisses. She wounded her arms around his neck and stretched her body closer to him as Jiyong circled one arm around her waist tightly and the other is guiding the back of her head to their kiss. Their tongue battle for dominance as he explored her sweet cavern. She tasted of sweet cherries. Her lips is so addicting even though it was the very first time they kiss. He nips her lower lip and traced his tongue with the contour of her lips, leaving soft pecks before they parted panting heavily.

 

Their foreheads connected together as he nuzzled his nose to hers while catching their breath. Their eyes are close, savoring their intimate moment.

 

Jiyong's heart pounds erratically. He felt overwhelmed with the  emotions he felt at the moment. His chest is about to explode.

 

"I love you..." he finally said breathlessly.

 

Sandara stiffens as she opens her eyes and leans away. Jiyong flutters his eyes open as well and meet her deranged orbs. She looks frightened for a moment and at the same time shock. When she moves away, he let her while staring at her wearily.

 

"San"

 

She cuts her off before he could speak.

 

"I-I have to go," she said as he takes note of her panic voice.

 

Jiyong watched her run out of his car with sadden eyes. His gaze followed her retreating back. Somewhere deep inside him, his heart is breaking a little into pieces.

 

He knew this will happen that's why as much as possible he is keeping it to himself. The timing but that moment he felt the need to speak what he felt or else he'll burst. He expected it to happen but it hurts more than he ever knew.

 

But he has to try. At least for the last time.

 

She may not directly say it but her reaction is already the answer he needed. He is rejected once again. He didn't need more words to understand her. It's painful but it was a fact he had to accept.

 

Now, he would only wait for the time she'll completely leave. He loves her in many ways he ever know and how. And he needed to make her show it even it hurts him in the end.

 

Jiyong leans on the headrest and sighs heavily. He smiled faintly as a tear fell from his eyes. He drove the way back to his pad while weeping silently, leaving his once broken heart to the woman he ever loved.

 

 

 

 

I'm back! What's up? What's up? I'm still feeling blue with Top's departure to attain to his military service but it's inevitable. Though I long accepted it but reality still hard.  Anyway, here's my update. Didi you miss our couple?

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|