HARE'S PLAN

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| H A R E ' S  P L A N | 

 

Sandara stopped the engine of her red Ducati bike in front of Scorpio's apartment building removing her helmet as well. She dismounts the vehicle after. It was already late to visit an Umbra. But she preferred it that way.

 

Umbra is the asset of the gang who works as spy and researcher. They supply them information they needed. They usually work in the shadows. Min Hyo Rin or Scorpio is just one of the Umbra.

 

Sandara punched in Scorpio's floor as soon as she entered the elevator. The place is eerie quiet, nothing suspicious though. She already expected it for what ungodly hour it is already. Not long after, she reached her floor with the sound of the lift's 'ping' can be heard.

 

She paced towards Hyo Rin's door and pressed her doorbell. She already advised the latter about her arrival.

 

"Hare," Hyo Rin bowed at her respectfully and widens the door open for her. The woman grins but seeing her serious demure, she straighten herself.

 

"This is the file you asked me to do," Hyo Rin gave her the folder as soon as they settled on her clean living room.

 

Sandara scanned the file and briefly read it. With a frown, she looks at Scorpio. "What the hell is happening? Why Double Dragons being targeted by this bunch of hoodlums?"

 

"According to my research, these so-called local gangs were encouraged by someone targeting our gang. Someone was feeding them lies and unguaranteed reward if they outwit us. If my hunch is right, these gangs thought that Double Dragons became weak after Hades decided to lay low in our activities. They had these delusions that they can overrule Gwangju from our reign," Hyo Rin answered with a smirk.

 

"And it's been happening for few months?" she asked thoughtfully staring at the file.

 

"Neh. Seven months ago to be asked. Almost every week there's a gang that would attack us on various deals. But lately, these attacks almost occur every day. It's either they will ambush us during a deal or hijack our shipments. It was a random move really. That's why the gang had to be extra careful nowadays."

 

"What did Appa say about this matter?"

 

"Hades doesn't really taking it as a threat. He had let G-Dragon handle it."

 

"Jiyong?"

 

"Neh."

 

Sandara frowns even more especially when she remembered their last encounter with Triple Ace gang. Does Jiyong being careless? Why isn't he doing anything and just letting these gangs have their way?

 

"Why is he letting this matter goes on? Why is he being careless about this? He's making us look feeble," she muttered confusedly. This isn't how Jiyong works. If she remembered right, he would never let it pass. But how could he not settle this matter at hand?

 

"Feeble?" Hyo Rin scoffed. "You've been away, Sandara-ssi. A lot of things had happened and changed. GD? You don't have any idea what is he capable of. It doesn't mean he may seem slacking off with this problem but he isn't. You don't know what yet to come. You wouldn't like to see the Dragon within him. I just saw it once. I think that was the time we encountered White Crow. And believe me, it's beyond frightening," she saw the latter shivered with the recollection. "Until now, that memory etched in my brain. I never saw someone who has eyes darker than black and a stinking deadly aura around him. He's uncontrollable. Nobody can even stop him," Hyo Rin muttered.

 

"White Crow?" Sandara asked as she thinks deeply. Somehow that name was utterly familiar. When did she hear that name?

 

"Yup! That gang had been hot on us. But no worries, they'd been wiped out by G-Dragon alone."

 

"What?! How?"

 

"I told you. You don't want to see a raging Dragon within him. You will witness a mass murder."

 

"You said that he's uncontrollable? How did he calm down then?"

 

"Oh, I don't know but after he wiped out White Crow, Hades talked to him. He said something to raging GD and then he eventually tamed," Hyo Rin shrugged.

 

That left Sandara in deep thought. This knowledge shocked her real deep. She wondering what happened that provoked him? Mass murder? Dragon?

 

Surely, many things had happened for the past thirteen years. She has so much to catch up.

 

"Anyway, I want you to seek further into this. I have a wild guess that these hooligans were just pawn. Someone is playing with us."

 

"Arasso. But if I'm meaning to ask, what this got to do with your plan?" Hyo Rin inquired skeptically.

 

Sandara fisted her fists and expressions darken.

 

"This may be the perfect way to vanish Hare completely."

 

"What?" Hyo Rin stood up from her seat.

 

"What?" Sandara raised a brow. "This is 'the plan', Hyo Rin-ah. You knew this from the very beginning," she said seriously.

 

"I-I know. B-but it isn't too early? You just returned. What about Hades? Your friends-slash-family? What about... Jiyong?"

 

"I made my choice already, Scorpio. I'm leaving all behind," she whispered looking away from her shocked gaze.

 

"Y-you... that's so cruel," Hyo Rin muttered inaudibly.

 

Sandara sighs as her gaze settled on the file she was holding.

 

"I am selfish."

 

She heard Hyo Rin gasps at her blunt admittance.

 

"I-Is there something that c-can ever change your mind, Hare?"

 

"Nothing. I mean nothing can jeopardize my plan. I'm leaving Double Dragons."

 

 

***

 

"What gives bro?" Jiyong startled by Youngbae as the latter tapped his shoulder.

 

"Huh?" he dumbly asked.

 

Younbae chuckled. "I've been calling your attention but you're spacing out. So tell me, what are you thinking? Don't tell me, it's Sandara again?"

 

"Shut up, Bae," he groaned and pushed him slight away. "I'm not thinking about her."

 

His best friend snorted. "Fool yourself then."

 

He gave him a glare. He knew that his best friend can see through him. Youngbae has been his confidante ever since. They knew each other to the bones.

 

"Are you thinking of giving 'him' back to his mommy?" he heard him asked and saw him looking at the purple figure on top of the table.

 

Tamtam is the purple stuff toy which had been his son for the past years, his and Sandara's make-believed child.

 

"So, Tamtam Daddy is ready to face Tamtam Mommy?" Youngbae has a stupid grin on his face teasing him.

 

Jiyong sighs as his only response. He picked up Tamtam and stared at it for a time being.

 

"This toy had been the only thing that reminding me of my promise, Youngbae. It is my hope that keeps my sanity intact. My only reminder that there's still an 'us'. You see, it is my only connection to her. Of our past."

 

"That's why you're keeping until now. I know, bro," Youngbae uttered with sympathy.

 

Jiyong smiled weakly as he tightens his hold to Tamtam.

 

"I can't simply let go."

 

 

***

 

Sandara entered Hades office inside the Red Mansion. Her father had requested for her audience. She doesn't know though what the reason is. He only said he has something to talk about with her.

 

She softly knocked on the wooden door. "Appa?"

 

"Neh! You may enter, sweetheart," he called out from inside.

 

So she did. She slowly opened the door and saw her father whose head down signing some papers.

 

"Hi! What's up?" she asked occupying a seat in front of his table.

 

Hyun Suk settles down his pen and removed his spectacles. He returned her genuine smile.

 

"How are you doing, darling?" he greeted.

 

She shrugged. "Great. So what is this all about?"

 

"Hmm. You're not having a hard time. That's good."

 

"Oh, father, let's not hit around the bush," she playfully rolled her eyes. "Tell me, why did you call for me?"

 

Hades clears his throat. He stands up and paced in front of the window pane. Sandara just watched her foster father curiously.

 

"How old are you now, dear?" she heard him asked.

 

"28. Why?" she answered warily.

 

Hades nodded thoughtfully still looking outside. "Time sure passed by so quickly. You were just ten when I sent you to New York. Such a young girl. Look at you now. You've grown a lot. So beautiful lady. Just like your Mom. Jae Sang must be really proud of you in heaven now," he smiled sadly.

 

Sandara stiffens upon mentioning her real parents. It's really rare that Hyun Suk speaks about them.

 

"Jae Sang and Soohyun were my best friends. When you were born, they're the happiest couple I've seen. They wished only the best for you. And if only fate permits, they would have been there as you grow up. Nonetheless, seeing what have you become right now, I'm happy that I fulfilled their wish for you."

 

Hades turns to her this time with a proud smile.

 

"All I can see now is a beautiful lady. A fine woman who will be the future of the gang. The rightful heiress of Double Dragons."

 

Sandara felt like choking with his words. Hades has so much expectation from her. Future of the gang? He trusts the gang to her and here she is planning to turn her back to them. She felt like she's betraying them.

 

"I'm counting on you and Jiyong, Sandara."

 

"What do you mean?" she frowns.

 

"I'm planning to have a gathering two weeks from now. I'm retiring as Double Dragons leader."

 

Sandara gasps and looked at her father with shocked eyes.

 

"I'm stepping down for you."

 

 

 

 

Stay tune and see you on next chapter. Don't forget to comment :)

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|