CAN'T GET NEAR

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| C A N' T G E T N E A R |

 

Jiyong eyed her from a corner while sipping his glass of martini quietly. Sandara has changed a lot. She got even more beautiful as the years passed. He sighs deeply.

 

"Wow! So deep," Youngbae suddenly materialized beside him. "What gives man?" he asked.

 

"Nothing," he answered quietly.

 

"Come on, bro! We've been together since diaper days. I know something was bothering you," Youngbae nudged him.

 

"It's really nothing, Bae," he managed to say and smiled at his friend.

 

Youngbae can only sigh and keep quiet. Jiyong knows his friend won't pry anymore. That's how they are ever since. If one of them doesn't want to talk then they won't insist and wait the other speak themselves.

 

"The girls really missed each other," Youngbae said with a smile watching the girls enjoying the party.

 

"Hmm..." is his only answer.

 

"It feels like before and at the same time not," he remarked.

 

Jiyong turns to him curiously.

 

"Funny right? When Dara left, it felt like something was always missing. We are like jigsaw puzzle that cannot be complete without the missing piece. And that was Dara. Then she returned. The puzzle completed. But something is off. It's like we're still filling that pieces but different puzzle. As much the truth hurts, we all change."

 

"That's because we had grown up," Jiyong remarked quietly.

 

"I agree. It's like we are back to square one. Familiarizing with each other. It doesn't show much but Dara had changed."

 

"You've notice too?"

 

"Jiyong, we were there when Dara came to Uncle's life. Of course, I know her the same way I know you," Youngbae smiled at him.

 

"Is that what worried you, Ji?" he asked cautiously.

 

He didn't answer. He cannot accept it. Yes. They had grown up. But is that even a reason to grow them apart? Is it because she left? Or is it just he's afraid that being on each other side of the world, the Dara he knew wasn't the same Dara now?

 

***

 

/flashback/

"Oppa!" ten years old Dara waved her one hand in the air while smiling widely. Her skirt and some strands of her loosen pigtail dancing along the wind. She was hugging her stuffed toy on her other arm.

 

Twelve years old Jiyong puts down his semi-automatic pistol and turns toward that tiny girly voice. A genuine smile automatically tugged on his lips as soon as he sees her. He is in the middle of his gun training and practice shooting on the canned goods line up far enough to his gun's range.

 

Young boys like him were trained that way for their preparation to become future members of Double Dragons gang. It was a process anyone has to experience. But for Jiyong, he was trained ahead of the others. He was just starting but Hades already let him hold weapons. He and Top, who’s latter apparently one year older than him, trained together on firing. He supposed to be learning martial arts first with Youngbae since they are of the same age. So in the end, he studied martial arts and weapons training at the same time.

 

"Sandara," he called her name like sweet cotton candy.

 

Sandara ran towards him in a hurry. And when she's a good distance at him, the petite girl jumps to embrace him. If not for good and regular training, they would have been fallen to the grassy ground. He quickly caught her and balances his body so they won't fall. Good thing, she wasn't that heavy.

 

"I miss you, oppa!" she giggles while she pressed her face on his shoulder.

 

"Aigoo, you're such a kid, Sandara-ah," he chuckled and gently put her down.

 

Sandara pouted as she puffs her cheeks. Jiyong laughs again and pinched her cheek.

 

"Cute. Anyway, how are you doing?" he asked.

 

"Bad. Teacher Min scolded me just because I cut the wrong wire on our bomb detonating lesson! I mean, the small bomb didn't explode, anyway. But she still nagged me until my ears fell off," she whines.

 

Just like the boys, young female members of the gang have to undergo training too. But they would begin on mental and tactical training, gadgets and technology. Like detonating bombs, hacking systems and planning missions.

 

"Ms. Min had a reason, Sandara. What if you're in real situation and accidentally cut the wrong wire? You could have killed yourself and others. Do you understand me?" he softly explained holding her by the shoulders.

 

"But! Why am I the only one being trained like that? They let Bommie study medicine alone. Why can't I choose what to learn? It's unfair" she whined and stomped her feet.

 

Jiyong sighs and stared deeply at her.

 

"Sandara... unlike Bom noona, you're special. You are Hades only daughter. You are the heiress of the gang. So you have to know everything," he said.

 

"Why me? There are Chaerin and Minzy," she asked.

 

"They are too young, Sandara-ah. It's hard for them to train. Besides, did you not hear the part when I say that you are the heiress? Hades' only daughter," he answered patiently.

 

"But you are appa's son too!"

 

"Yes. But we're different, Sandara. Hades only treats me like a son. I'm not his real son."

 

"You soon will be!" she declared.

 

Jiyong frowned.

 

"What?"

 

"When we get married once we grow up, you'll be appa's son-in-law. Then Tamtam will be happy. He will have a complete family. Booyah! You, Tamtam daddy while me, Tamtam mommy!" she announced enthusiastically while talking to her purple plushie.

 

A warm fuzzy feeling envelops Jiyong. He feels happy hearing it coming from Sandara. He ruffled her hair and smiled.

 

"Silly! It is early for you to think that stuff. Just focus on your training, neh?" he softly said to her tucking the loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "You should go back in the mansion. Your father must be searching for you," he said and stepped back.

 

"You want me to go home already? But we just talk shortly. I miss you already! You are always busy. We don't spent time together anymore!" she protested.

 

"Arasso. I'll make it up to you on my rest day. We'll hang-out together. Is that okay?"

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Yes. So behave and go home now, okay?"

 

"Okay! But what about you?"

 

"I have to train for few hours. Go ahead. I'm fine," he assured her.

 

"Okay! Say goodbye to daddy, Tamtam," she talked to the toy and faced towards him faking her voice in attempt to dubbed Tamtam.

 

"Bye-bye, daddy!"

 

Jiyong can only chuckled following her by gaze as she runs.

 

"See you on Saturday, Tamtam mommy," he mumbled to himself.

 

\end of flashback\

 

***

 

The moonlight cascaded upon her face with the cold air of the night. The flowing water of the fountain in the middle of the labyrinth garden of the mansion glistens. It was so peacefully and very serene compared to the other side of the garden. The music from the party can vaguely hear.

 

Sandara seats on the edge of the fountain with her legs stretched forward. She looked up the dark starry sky and shut her eyes. She’s enjoying the soft cool breeze touching her face. A tiny relief smile forms her lips. Needless to say, the party was indeed tiring for her. She was introduced to a lot of people and the catch-up to older ones.

 

She slowly opened her eyes without putting away her smile. She stayed there for a while watching the twinkle of the stars.

 

He watched her in the shadows taking in her sinful beauty. The glow on her cheeks and the glint on her eyes as she smile contently.

 

She is divine.

 

So angelic, innocent, beautiful—she's simply perfect that words cannot describe.

 

Jiyong knew she always come to this part of the mansion if she wanted to be alone. Sandara doesn't like so much of the crowd. That is one thing that remained to her until now. But what else hadn't change with her?

 

He looked at her again deep and long as if memorizing her features. For it was the only way he will see her. From a far without her knowledge.

 

Kwon Jiyong thought how far they are now to each other.

 

She's so far which scares him that it's already impossible to reach her.

 

With one last looked, Jiyong turned around and started to leave. His heart constricts with the idea that he can't be near her anymore.

 

 

 

It's a bit short so I might double update. Comments juseyo! Thank you for subscribing this fic chingus! ^_^

xxx,

bonapaix

 

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGES AND SCENES THAT NOT SUITABLE FOR YOUNG READERS.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|