HOMECOMING

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| H O M E C O M I N G| 

 

 

Two women clad with dark jeans and white long sleeves blouse beneath thick black coat stand on top of a building as they watch the private helicopter flying on the sky and about to land on the helipad behind their dark shades. Their hair becomes disarray because of the hard wind cause by the propeller. There are several men in black suit, as well, armed with three different guns and a pair of earpiece and mouthpiece each scattered around.

 

It's exactly twilight and soon evening will come covering the entire Seoul with darkness marking the end of the day. However, for their world, it's only a beginning of another work load. Today is yet another special day.

 

A very important person has return.

 

 

|Now playing: Light It Up by G-Dragon feat. Tablo & Dok2|

 

Lee Chaerin known as Pisces and Gong Minzy known as Gemini straighten their coat and fixed themselves as they pace towards the helicopter once it landed safe and sound to meet its passenger.

 

A pair of five inches ankle white boots touch the cemented rooftop floor as the lady clad in white wool coat underneath a plain black sweater and a pair of dark denim pants. Her red and white stripes scarf hangs loosely around her neck. She looks around the area under her Chanel shades and sighs after.

 

"Welcome back, Hare," Chaerin smirks as she addresses her with her alias.

 

She rolls her eyes which makes the latter chuckle. Chaerin knew how much she doesn't like them calling her with that name.

 

"We're glad that you are back, unnie," Minzy smiled kindly at her.

 

"Thanks, Minzy-ah," she smiled back a bit. "It's been so long. Seoul had changed a lot."

 

"Change is constant. Anyway, Hades instructed us to take you to the Red Mansion. The gang organized a homecoming party for you. So, we'll bring you there," Chaerin informed her as they step inside the lift.

 

"Ani," she said making the two ladies gape at her in surprise.

 

"W-What?" Chaerin asked.

 

"You and Minzy go ahead. I have somewhere to go first," she explained vaguely.

 

"But...unnie, we can't leave you alone! Hades specifically ordered—" She cut Minzy off before the latter can finished her sentence by raising her hand.

 

"Gemini," she firmly called her by her alias which is very rare and unusual. "Go back to Red Mansion. And wait for me there," she ordered using an commanding tone.

 

Minzy bows apologetically. "Mianhe, Hare. We'll do as you said."

 

Sighing, she pats Minzy's head like a kid and smiles a little. "It’s fine, Minzy-ah. And don't worry. I'll be fine. I really need to go somewhere first," she said.

 

"Where are you going then, Hare?" Chaerin butts in.

 

"Somewhere I can't tell you, Chaerin. And please stop calling me Hare. You know I don't like it," she grimaces.

 

"Arasso, Sandara-unnie," Chaerin said between chuckles.

 

Sandara Park also known as Hare on their gang. She's the heiress and adopted daughter of Hades, Double Dragons' current leader. She just got back from New York after thirteen years. She is notorious for handling the gang's business in US alone, defeating underground mobs and tying a deal with Mafia leaders residing in the country. She is the reason why their gang has gathered western influence among big gangs in Seoul or also called Kkangpae.

 

There are three prominent gangs known in Seoul namely—Seven Star Mob or Chil Sung Pa, the most famous gang operating in Busan. A seven star tattoo was marked in their chest as their insignia. Choi Dong-wook or known as Peacock is their current leader. While Hwan Song Sung Pa (H.S.S Mob) is residing at Suwon and Gunsan are located. Their insignia is the Hanja of the word 'Son' tattooed on any part of their body. Last and definitely not the least, the Ssang Yong Pa or widely known as the Double Dragons. It is rumored that the gang has ceased to exist. But in fact, Hades, the current leader had decided to lay low in their activities and chose to work quietly at their territory in Gwangju. Two dragons circling each other tattoo on their upper arm is their insignia.

 

Their relationships with the two gangs remain neutral and civil. They're not enemies neither an ally.

 

They arrived at the lobby of the building and there are already a three sleek cars waiting for them. The two are supposed to be the convoy but since Dara has somewhere to go to, she'll be using one of the cars alone while Chaerin and Minzy will occupy the other one leaving one car as their convoy.

 

Their men climb out the cars and bowed at her in respect. One of them gave her the car key and bowed again politely as he steps aside.

 

"You go ahead. And if ever Hades asked just tell him I'm on the way. It'll be a brief appointment," she turns to Chaerin and Minzy.

 

"Neh, unnie. Drive safely," Minzy said.

 

"Arasso," she nods and circles around to the driver's side. She is about to open the car door when Chaerin called out to her.

 

"By the way, Hare," Dara turns to her and frowns. Chaerin grins. "We missed you, unnie!"

 

A tiny smile forms her lips as she shakes her head. She totally climbs in the car and starts the engine. Her smile vanished as she steps on the accelerator and zoomed on full speed.

 

Chaerin and Minzy can only watched behind as their unnie left. Though curious on what that appointment is all about, they did not pry anymore. What more important is that she's back for good.

 

"Let's move. Hades must be waiting for us," Chaerin said and motioned their men to move.

 

Minzy sighs. "He is going to get mad. I can already hear his voice scolding us for letting go unnie alone," she cringed at that thought.

 

Chaerin smirked and entered the backseat.

 

"He's definitely going to be pissed."

 

***

 

|Now playing: Raise Your Guard and Bounce by BOBBY (iKON)|

 

Gun shots can be heard at the old and abandon car junk area somewhere across Gwangju. Bullets change between the Double Dragons and Steel Beard gang who tried to attack them. They were in the middle of a drug negotiation with foreign supplier when the latter ambushed them. Fortunately, one of their look-out was quick enough to inform them.

 

Steel Beard is only one of the street gang who wanted to cross the most powerful gang in Gwangju. They think that they can get par with Double Dragons.

 

"This loser thinks they can outwit us. Pathetic wannabes," Ox smirked after reloading his M1903 Rifle. He stands straight on top of a cargo van aiming his gun on the middle of the battle shooting rapidly and accurately at Steel Beard gang members. He grins widely watching the poor losers bodies sprawled on the ground swimming on their pool of blood.

 

"Hyung watch-out!" he suddenly heard Boar's shouted. He turns around and greeted by blood jetting on his face. It turned out that one of Steel Beard member almost got him from behind if not for Boar's quick action of shooting him on the back head he might be dead by now.

 

"Nice shot Daesung!" he shouted at Boar. "But you don't have to stained my handsome face with this filth's blood," he grumbles wiping off the blood on his face.

 

Daesung chuckles while shooting their opponent coming his way. "Mianhe, hyung. Just watch your back next time!" he shouted back hitting another bullet on his opponent's forehead.

 

"Whatever!" he rolled his eyes and aim another bunch of bullets towards them helping him out.

 

"Hey, Top hyung and Daesung hyung stop talking and finished this already. Ji hyung is getting pissed and impatient. He said we're taking this long," Pegasus informed them after shooting his opponent with his Glock 17 pistol.

 

The two groaned. "And why is he getting aggravated now? We're still playing," Top (Ox) said.

 

"Remember we need to go to Red Mansion, hyung!" Seungri (Pegasus) said as a matter-of-fact.

 

Top frowns. "Red Mansion? Why? Does Hades called for us?"

 

"Duh, hyung! Did you forget what date is today?" Daesung reminded him.

 

Top widens his eyes upon reminded the occasion. He smiled widely.

 

"Ah. I now know why our dear dragon is being frantic and impatient now," he chuckled.

 

"Now you know. Let's finished this up before he spits fire," Seungri said shooting their last opponent.

 

After a while, the whole Steel Beard gang was wiped out and a mountain of their dead bodies was piled up the middle of the junk cars. Double Dragons surrounded them with their guns on their hands. Good thing no one from their side got hurt or killed.

 

G-Dragon, the second in command of Double Dragons gang steps in the middle with deadpanned expression on his face. He inhaled his cigarette and exhaled forming a ball of smoke in the air. He stared at the leader of the Steel Beard that lied on top of his gang mates’ bodies.

 

"Ji," Rooster came around with cans of gas in his hands. "Here are your orders," he grinned and put down the gas on the ground.

 

"Thanks, Bae," he said emotionless and summoned his other men. "You know what to do," he said and his men immediately followed and soaked the mountain of bodies with the gas. And as soon as they're done, G-Dragon throws his cigarette on top of the Steel Beard leader. He just watched the flame spread the piled bodies completely burning them.

 

"Clean this up," he said as turns around to walk towards his white Bentley parked not far from them with urgency.

 

s could only watch him with amused eyes.

 

"He's so obvious," Top remarked with amused grin on his lips.

 

"He doesn't look excited really," Seungri sarcastically mused.

 

"Who wouldn't? After so many years of waiting, she's finally back," Daesung said as he pocketed his hands.

 

"Come on. Let's get out of here before Jiyong drag all of our asses just to get to the Red Mansion immediately," Youngbae (Rooster) ushered them to move. They start walking then with their men following behind.

 

"Jiyong is one hell of a lovesick puppy. It's been so long. Does he really think Hare is still the same thirteen years ago?" Top smirked.

 

"Top hyung, I know you're bitter over Virgo's patent rejection of you. Don't drag Jiyong with your failed love life," Youngbae commented making Top grimaced.

 

"Shut up, Bae. Who said I like her? I hate that woman," he hissed climbing in the driver's seat of their car. They will use one car while Jiyong ride alone with his own car.

 

The three idiots chuckled.

 

"The more you hate, the more you love, don't you know that hyung?" Daesung chimes in obviously teasing him.

 

"I think I just poked in my mouth, Dae. You watched too much drama," he said contorting his face in annoyance.

 

"That's true though. Look at me and my Chaerin," Seungri boasted.

 

"Pisces isn't even your girlfriend, you babo! And she clearly hate you," he said as they take the highway and speeding off in full speed.

 

"Exactly! That's how much she loved me," Seungri grinned dreamily.

 

Top rolled his eyes. "Enough with this talk!. I'm thrilled to see the reunion of the dragon and his little rabbit," he grinned mischievously.

 

"We are too," the three grinned with him.

 

***

 

A soft music welcomed Sandara as soon as she entered the huge garden of the Red Mansion where the party was held. She had already changed her clothes into simple pale pink ruffled dress that falls on top of her knees. It will fit with the cocktail party theme of her homecoming. She hasten her pace when she heard Hades loud voice scolding Chaerin and Minzy.

 

“Where is Sandara? I told you bring her here as soon as she arrived! And you let her drive alone. Are you two dumbs?! Damn it!” Yang Hyun Suk or known as the Double Dragons leader, Hades shouted at the two younger ladies. Chaerin and Minzy flinched that they’ve been scolded in front of the whole gang.

 

Sandara let out a deep breath and walks slowly this time to save her friends.

 

“Appa,” she called her father. Everyone turns to her but she didn’t care and focused her gazed at her father. “Don’t scold them in front of the gang. Don’t blame them either. I ordered them go ahead of me,” she added.

 

“Sandara…” Hades gasps.

 

She sighs again and motions Chaerin and Minzy to leave. The two followed and mouthed their thanks.

 

"I'm back, Appa," she smiled at her father and stepped forward to embrace him.

 

"Aish! You stubborn kid," Hades sighs as he embraces her back. "Welcome back, daughter," he added affection laced on his voice. They both smiled when they parted. "You've grown so much. You look beautiful, Sandara."

 

"Appa... you do know you sound weird with all the compliments you're saying right now," she said and crinkled her nose.

 

Hades is known for being ruthless leader of Double Dragons. He is very strict and firm when it comes to his orders. He’s formidable man and head of the gang. But when it comes to his only daughter Sandara, he is a gentle and sweet father. Even if she is not his daughter biologically, he truly loves and adores her like his own.

 

Hades laughs softly.

 

"So... did you plan all this?" Sandara asked looking around the whole place. Their gang members already resume with what they are doing earlier.

 

"Aniyo. Jiyong-ah helps me," he informs her.

 

"Really?" she mumbled softly and a tiny smile drawn on her lips.

 

"Yes. He's really hands on with preparing all this. And speaking of that kid," Hyun Suk looked around in hope to find the guy. "Those bastards are ing again," he exhales exasperatedly.

 

Sandara only chuckles softly.

 

"I'll just join the girls, Appa. See you around," she said politely.

 

"Sure! The program isn't starting yet. Go on," Hyun Suk let her.

 

Sandara paced towards where Chaerin, Minzy and Bom were.

 

"Oh my God! Dara-ah!" Bom known by the name Virgo squealed upon seeing her. She throws herself at her enveloping her on tight embrace. "I missed you!"

 

"Ugh... c-can't breathe..." she pants.

 

"Yah, Bom unnie!" Minzy shrieks. "You're killing Dara unnie," she added.

 

"Opps! Mianhe," Bom flashed her cheeky smile and gives her a peace sign after releasing her.

 

Dara caught her breath and shakes her head at Bom. Her friend didn't change a bit. She can kill anyone with her strength even she just using her hands.

 

"You doesn't age a bit, Bom," she smiled after recovering.

 

"You do not change yourself as well, do you?" Bom said.

 

Sandara just shrugs and accepts the glass of cocktail Chaerin gave her. They catch up the time she was gone. She even laughed upon hearing how Bom and Top still bickers until now. Even Chaerin and Seungri have a love and hate relationship ever since they were kids.

 

"That rat! He even tells everyone in the gang that I love him that's why I hate him! The nerve of that guy!" Chaerin rasps angrily.

 

"It's true though," Bom teased with sing-song voice.

 

"Shut up, Bom. I hate that Seungrat just like how you hated Top oppa. Unless... you like him," it was Chaerin's turn to tease Bom.

 

"What? Que horror, Chaerin! I will never like that beast. Over my gorgeous body!" Bom denied vehemently which makes them chuckled.

 

"Who will you like, Virgo?" A deep baritone voice suddenly interrupts them.

 

The four of them turned to the owner of that voice and found Top and Seungri grinning stupidly at them.

 

"Ox, Pegasus," Bom forced her greetings. Her lips form a tight smile.

 

"Hi cat! Miss me?" Seungri grins goofily at Chaerin who just glared at him.

 

" off," she growled.

 

"Oh what we have here. Welcome back, Hare!" Top turns to Sandara.

 

"Thanks, Top. You looked good. I see you burn your fats away," she giggles remembering the chubby Top before.

 

"Neh. I already passed it to Virgo. Right, Bom?" Top turns to Bom clearly mocking her. "Look at those big arms. She can kill anyone using them," he said poking Bom's arms.

 

Bom slaps it away. And the two engaged to another round of bantering. Sandara can only shakes her head.

 

"Argh! I hate you!" Chaerin snarled and point a finger at Seungri. "Stay away from me!" she said and stomped her feet away from them while cursing Seungri.

 

"Ah, she really loved me," Seungri said dreamily. Then he turns to her. "My beautiful noona!" he said and envelops her into a tight hug.

 

Seungri is always been this cuddly even before.

 

"You've grown tall, Seungri-ah," she said stepping away from their embrace.

 

He grinned at her. "We missed you noona. You've been away for more than a decade."

 

"But I'm here now, right?"

 

"Yeah. And it's for good, right. I'm glad you will be with us from now on. We have our pretty noona back."

 

"Ah, you flatter me too much, Seungri. By the way, where are the others?"

 

"Oh Daesung-hyung and Youngbae-hyung changed for a while. Then Jiyong-hyung left to talk to Uncle," Seungri replied.

 

"Hmm... I see," she mumbled and sipped on her drink.

 

"Seungri, Top-hyung," a voice suddenly called out behind her.

 

Sandara stilled with her drink remain suspended on her lips.

 

"Hyung! Done talking with Uncle?" Seungri asked regarding the new comer.

 

"Not yet. He wants to talk to all of us. Asap," he answered.

 

They heard Top groans. "Another scolding? Man, Uncle should stop treating us like kids."

 

"It is because Uncle knows you act so childish. Immature beast!" Bom mocked him.

 

"Youngbae hyung aren't you going to greet noona?" Seungri suddenly said glancing at her.

 

Sandara turns around and stared at the man who she hadn't seen for a long time. She smiled as Youngbae beams at her and embraced her so tightly between his muscled body enthusiastically. She lets out a squeak and giggled.

 

"Long time no see... Youngabe-ah," Sandara beams at him as soon as he released her.

 

“Oh my God! Noona! I miss you,” he said with his familiar charming smile. “My, look at the what years brought upon you, noona.” He looked at her from head to toe with awe. “It’s as if nothing change on you. God! You still look young!”

 

She flushed and cups her face shyly. “Aigoo! You flutter me so much, Youngbae-ah. How are you? I see, all of you seemed changed physically. You’re not thin anymore!”

 

Youngbae chuckled. “You know, I have to maintain my image, noona,” he joked. “But kidding aside, how are you, I mean, what do feel now that you were back? Finally, of course.”

 

“Ah, I think, it’s going to be fine. I mean, a lot has changed since I left so I’m still adjusting. You know how much Korean culture differs from the western side.”

 

“I’m sure you will be fine.” He patted her on the shoulder in comfort. “Let’s save the story telling later as we have some scolding to face. Uncle is waiting for us along with Jiyong and Dae. They must be looking for us now.” Younbae turns to Top and Seungri. “Hyung, Seungri-ah, let’s go before Uncle decides to fry our asses.”

 

“Right, let’s go! See you around ladies!” Top waved them his goodbye and followed Youngbae with Seungri.

 

***

 

 

Sandara made her way towards her childhood friends’ table after some familiar acquaintances talked with her. From the distance, she saw Chaerin and Seungri bickering while the others make fun of the two in the round table assigned for them. A smile formed her lips seeing the cheerfulness of their group. She even heard Top joined the fun, throwing some joke about Bom and the latter of course didn’t back down and retaliates as well. Another round of laughter erupted from them joining the already noise in the party.

 

“Can I join you, guys?” she said as soon as she got to their table.

 

“Noona!” Daesung exclaims and stood up to give her a tight embrace. He seems really misses her. “Aigoo! I miss you, noona! I’m glad that you were back!”

 

“I miss you too, Dae-dae! You’re tall and huge too!”

 

Daesung only grins. “Come join us, noona. Take my seat too! I’ll just get another one,” he offered.

 

“Oh, thank you!” she smiled as she takes his seat. Her eyes met the man she’s been wanting to see all night. And her smile faltered slowly.

 

Kwon Jiyong looked dashing and regal on his raven undercut hair, white under turtle neck and black coat, and matching black pants. He is seating across her with a glass of hard drink in hand. He just looked at her but didn’t say anything.

 

 

“I... ah… I’m going to talk to Teddy hyung. Let me leave you for a while. Have fun,” he suddenly stood up and leaves in a rush manner, making some rattle with his chair. He didn’t glance back.

 

Sandara’s heart fell a bit. Unlike everyone else, he seemed not interested with her comeback. Maybe he had forgotten all about her. Maybe he changed too. Though in physical manner, he really did. She sighs and flashed her smile to the others, ignoring the fact that Jiyong didn’t even say at least a single hello to her.

 

The others looked at each other with bewilderment. Though they wanted to really laugh at Jiyong and the way he reacted, they cannot help but get confuse with his reaction. Shouldn’t he be the happiest person right now because Sandara has returned already?

 

On the other hand, Kwon Jiyong had been rushed to the nearest men’s room and turns the faucet as the running water calmed him down. His palms are clammy. His heart was beating so fast. And he made a fool at himself earlier for feeling nervous and all. He must look stupid for walking out like that. On top of all, he had not said anything to Sandara, not even a single hi.

 

“You’re stupid, Kwon Jiyong. Really nice move, motherfcker,” he said to his reflection and whisks some water to it, feeling ashamed of himself.

 

Now, Sandara might misinterpret his action. Great. He damn messes everything up in just a snap. Why is he nervous anyway?

 

Right. It’s because she looks beautiful more ever after a long time they had seen each other. He cannot help but to feel insecure and intimidated by her. Thirteen fcking years and Sandara looks the same from the last time he saw her. But her obvious imposing aura cannot go unnoticed. She looks more confident but still sweet.

 

He just hopes that she was still the same girl who he made a promised with thirteen years ago.

 

 

 

 

Opps! Kekeke~~ That's it for now! Stay tune and see you on next chapter. Don't forget to comment :)

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|