THIS IS THE LAST TIME

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| T H I S   I S   T H E   L A S T   T I M E |

 


She has been unconscious for two days straight. The gang had been coming in and out in her room, visiting her. Bom assured them about her fast recovery but despite all that, the girls refused to leave her and practically camped outside her ward.

Sandara is a precious friend for them. She was a sister and family. It has been their alibi just to savior their remaining time with her before Jiyong exiles her.

It pains them upon knowing the whole truth. And they will admit that they also felt betrayed. But instead spending their time resenting, they chose to understand and accept the entire ordeal. Even if with a  half heart.

Once Sandara woke up and healthy enough, she will depart from them for good. When she finally left, it also the mark of Hare's death. They will mourn for the lost and act as if everything is back to normal.

It will be a difficult task to do but for Sandara's sake and as well as a respect to Jiyong, they will endure.

If there's one person who's suffering more than anyone else, it is Jiyong since once again he will lose the woman he ever love. This is worst than the first time he let her go. Because this time, he will do it without any hopes and promise of coming back nor waiting.

He died a little bit more deep inside.

Standing just right in front of her room, Jiyong never left on the same spot. He never has the courage to see her. For he was afraid that he'll lose control once again and change his mind. He might not stop himself from selfishness and won't let her go at all.

But that's the last thing he would want. Because if he did succumb to his own desire to have her by his side, Sandara will hate him forever. She'll be unhappy. Letting her leave and live in a life she wanted is the only thing he could give her at the moment.

It will hurt him but knowing she will be happier that way is enough for him. Her happiness before him. Even if it means he has to step in the background.

"Ji?"

Jiyong heard Youngbae called his name but he didn't attempt to make a move at all. He just there, leaning on the wall as his mind drifts to those moments he had with Sandara. Those precious moments he could never have again.

Youngbae sighs when he didn't respond. He joined him in the wall with silence covering them for a while.

"You're a nobel fool, do you know that?" Youngbae said in a hush tone. He turns to him with a confuse look. "And I hate you for it. But at the same time, I commend you for having the courage to let her go. I know it wasn't easy for you. It was never easy for you, Ji. I couldn't imagine wearing your shoes. I hate to see you in a lot of pain, brother. I just want to let you know that I'm always here. You know that I'm always at your service. Don't bottle it up on your own. Share to me your pain if you can't handle it anymore. My ears are always yours if you want someone to listen."

He exhales painfully. "Thanks, Youngbae. I won't forget that."

The latter smiled a bit and tapped his shoulder. Their conversation got interrupted when Chaerin went out of the Sandara's room frantically yelling.

"Sandara unnie is already awake! Call Bom unnie!" she shouted through the threshold of the room.

Jiyong got rooted on his spot not knowing whether to be happy or sad about the news. Youngbae, on the other hand, quickly left to get Bom.

His heart is thumping in unknown rhythm both in sorrow and relief. Sandara is awake now. That's only meant one thing. Soon, she'll be gone while he will be stuck as a brokenhearted lonely mob boss.

Not long after, Bom came rushing straight towards Sandara's room with Youngbae following her behind. They entered the room to check on Sandara. Jiyong did not make any move and chose to stay outside.

For him, there's no reason anymore to see her. She'll leave soon. It's better that he gets used to not having her around. He should start getting used to not seeing her anymore.

He steps forward and leans his forehead on the door as he exhaled audibly. He shuts his eyes and put his palm onto the close door. Jiyong took his moment and made a painful steps away from Sandara.

Later on, Bom had inform him about Sandara's current condition. She's getting better and only needed few days of rest to fully recover. He didn't say anything more and thanked the latter.

After that, he spent his time with work and camp inside his office. And at night, he sneaks in Sandara's room, watching her sleep and memorizing her whole features with sad eyes when no one is looking. It's ache to touch her. It's painful to see her bruised face.

That night before she will be discharge, Jiyong once again visited her but this time it will be for the last time. It will be his last time to say goodbye.

The door creaks open and close as Jiyong steps inside the dim room with only the sound of the life machine can be heard.

He comes nearer beside her bed where she laid seemingly deep in slumber. Her bruises are healing well but she still looked pale. She was wearing a pink hospital clothes that covered under the white linen sheet. But he knew better that beneath those cover ups, the proof of her foolishness is making her suffer. The bullet wounds she got marks her skin deep.

For seconds, Jiyong just looked at Sandara with longing in his eyes. Then he found a courage to raise his hand and touch her pale cheek. He softly caressed her soft and beautiful face with the back of his hand. His eyes sting with unshed tears. He was trying all his might not to cry so he would avoid to make a noise and wake her up.

This is harder than he thought. It is harder than the first time he said goodbye.

"Please be happy and safe." Jiyong leans forward as he shut his eyes and kissed her temple. Tears fell from his eyes as he leans away a bit to watch her sleeping face. "I love you..." he whispered. "Always. Good... bye."

Then he straightens up as he pulls out Tamtam from his coat. He stared at it for a moment before he settles the purple toy beside Sandara.

As he turns to leave, a hand stopped him from leaving. He stiffens and slowly glanced back. Only to find Sandara fully awake while looking at him.

"Y-You..." she mumbled with hoarsed voice. "You're here..." She continued and smiled as much as she can. There's sadness in her eyes. "I-I'm...glad..."

Jiyong felt the lump formed in his throat. He suddenly feel the familiar ache and pang of longing. He felt her hand tightens around him and saw her eyes glistens with tears.

"S-Stay. Don't leave..."


***

Sandara woke up feeling her whole body ache all over. It feels like she has been hit by a truck. She grunted in pain as she flatters her eyes open.

Her nose filled the smell of disinfectant. Prestine white ceilings greeted her vision. She looked confuse for a moment then memories of what happened flashes her mind. Her plan... Legion Tail... Bullets... Explosions... Then she blackout.

"Unnie?! Oh thank goodness! You're awake!"

She turns to Minzy who was seating in a wheel chair. The latter is still recovering from the injuries she got from the accident. Chaerin was there as well but she quickly gets out to probably informed everyone.

"M-Minzy?!" she croaks as she tried to move.

Minzy's wheel chair made a sound as she wheeled closer to her bed. The maknae held her hand to reprimand her.

"Unnie, don't. You're still healing. Don't move and wait for Bom unnie to come. Chaerin unnie already called her," she said.

Sandara complied with a heavy sigh. Then Bom came after a while along with Chaerin and Youngbae. Bom checks her vitals and such and declared her stable state. She saw relief flashed them.

"Your vitals are okay. But you still need to rest and take your medicine. Avoid putting restraints in your wounds. You have stitches and undergone to operation. Get as much as rest you can get so you can recover quickly. I guesss, it will only take few days, Sandara. I'll check on you from time to time," Bom said while removing her stethoscope.

"Thanks, Bom," she said with hoarse voice.

She only nodded but she looks like she wants to say something but decided against it. Sandara noticed the odd awkwardness around. Everyone is quiet and avoiding her gaze. Bom left right after she was done checking her. Then Youngbae followed quietly as well.

Chaerin and Minzy were the only left inside with her. She turns to them with a weak smile but it vanished too when she saw their blank expression. She blinks her eyes in confusion.

Chaerin clears , standing beside Minzy. "How are you feeling, unnie?"

"Hell. I ache all over," she answered with a small smile.

Another awkward silence covered them. Sandara can feel the tension. The unspoken queries hang between them. She knew that by now they already know about what happened. But it was odd that they were not asking her.

"Why did you do it, unnie?" Minzy spoke up, breaking the silence. Her voice shook as she met her gaze with tears pooling her eyes. For a moment, Sandara is rendered speechless. "I know it's not the right time to talk about this matter but I really can't hold it any longer. I am so confused and hurt. Why do you want to leave? What's wrong? Please tell me, make me understand." She sobbed.

Chaerin looked away and sniffed as well. Sandara choked from the raw emotions that flashed the maknae's eyes. She blinks her eyes as she shed a tear as well.

She wanted to explained. She wanted to reasoned out. But the plain hurt that she saw on the latter, on them, made her realize the effects of her selfishness. She hurt these people who had treated her like a family. Guilt is a bitter taste in her tongue.

She cannot seem to find any reason to answer her. Sandara found herself tongue tied. So she bowed her head instead while biting her lip to stop herself from crying out loud.

"I'm sorry. I really am," she said with the lack of anything to say.

Minzy sniffs and looked away. "That's it right? Sorry seems to be the only answer to all the wrong doings. Sorry explains a lot. You have a reason. That is at least I can make out." Then she wheeled herself out of her room, leaving her and Chaerin.

Sandara cried. Her shoulders shook as her tears flowed freely.

"Minzy is hurt when we learned the whole truth. I hope you understand that, unnie. So were we. All of us, especially Jiyong oppa. We don't know why you have to do that. We don't have any idea why do you need to let things get this far. You shouldn't have get yourself into all the trouble and go an all out attack towards Blade's gang. You should have walk away before. You shouldn't have came back if you just going to leave anyway." Chaerin inhales as she fought the urge to cry. She glanced at her and smiled a little, a bitter one. "Rest well, unnie. You will need it."

Once she left, Sandara cried even harder as the door shut close. Her tears flowed like a river. The night and it's coldness are her only witness.

The next day has been awkward for her. Minzy and Chaerin remained visiting her as Bom kept checking her recovery but then that's it. The latter refused to talk to her other than giving her prescriptions. The boys visited as well and civil towards her. However, none of those days she has seen Jiyong.

She waited but he never visited once.

But the night before she will be discharge, Sandara couldn't sleep at all. She tried to sleep but it's not deep as the previous nights. It was a shallow slumber. She tried to close her eyes and chase some sleep so she could finally rest.

The door creaks open and shut close. Sandara was about to open her eyes to see who was her late visitor but she decides against it when she heard that familiar steps. So she chose to wait instead.

Then a warm hand caresses her face softly. It feels familiar. She instantly felt relax.

"Please be happy and safe," she heard Jiyong said as he leans forward and next thing she felt him planted a kiss on her temple. She continued her pretense. "I love you..." he whispered.

Her heart beat doubles with his confession. She can feel the sorrow in his voice though he was telling her those three words.

"Always. Good... bye," he added.

Sandara felt the panic rise inside her. Why is he bidding her farewell? Why do he seems so sad? Why does it hurt her as well? These are her questions but she was oblivious that there is only one answer to all of it.

She felt a soft but tiny thing next to her side which confuses her and at the same time rises her curiosity. But he moves away, stepping back a bit distance from her.

As he turns to leave, she hold his hand to stop him from leaving. Sandara is fully  awake while looking  back at him.

"Y-You..." she mumbled with hoarsed voice. "You're here..." She continued and smiled as much as she can. There's sadness in her eyes. "I-I'm...glad..."

Jiyong looked stunned and stiffens. She suddenly feel the ache and pang of longing. She tightens her grip around him and saw her eyes glistens with tears.

"S-Stay. Don't leave..."


***

|Now Playing: Window by G-Dragon, Coup D' Etat Album|


Youngbae looked at his girlfriend with seriousness written all over his face. They were seating across each other in her living room. Hyo Rin gave him a blank look as he interrogates her with Hare's unknown visit to her which he happened to witness earlier.

"Something isn't right. I can feel that the two of you were hiding something. So tell me honestly, Hyo Rin-ah, what it is that Hare want with you? What was she doing here?" Youngbae spoke in a matter of tone he only use when he is trying to spit something out with their hostages.

Hyo Rin sighs as she bowed her head in shame and difficulty. She looked away and her expression changed into a defeated one.

"Living in our world is not easy. It never was. Death is always on our tail. Our true enemy lies within ourselves. We grew up living in the darkness of this business, accept the pleasure and luxury it brings, and indulge the power it possess. We care only for our selfish desires and of our gang. As Scorpio, it's my duty to relay any information I can get as part of being an Umbra and complied to orders given to me. No choices to make. Not even argumentations. We act in accordance to the bosses command and for the sake of the gang. However, as Min Hyo Rin, I watched everything in vain. The funny thing though, no matter who I become, it won't changed anything. There's no difference at all." She chortled a bit. The sound of it came out as a bitter one though. "When I met Hare for the first time, I thought that she was a very lucky girl. I admire her for her beauty, intelligence and bravery. I said to myself, she is going to be my boss. An alpha female in the world of gangsters. I was in awe of her work in the west. But when I heard her plan, I am disappointed. I thought she'll be different. I thought wrong in the end. Yet, as I learned her reason, I partly wanted to pity her and at the same time understand her.

"Dreams what made people live. But in this world we walk with everyday, it is a useless term. We don't get to dream about the future like normal people did. Our paths pointed at one direction. It is already written in the lines of our palms. Dreams are possession we don't need since this world had given as the future we have. I was a fool to think that all of us saw and have the same perspective in that matter. Because let's face it, normal people didn't sell drugs as a decent business or kill people on daily basis. Normal people don't eat danger for breakfast or took trouble as a vitamins. We passed being "ordinary" or "normal". We are the "people" of our own world.

"I just can't believe that the very same person who broke that perspective is the least I could think of. I was blinded by that foolishness. It was then I realized among all the darkness we lived, someone as foolish like her exists. I had forgotten that Hare only exists in the gang but Sandara Park don't. She lived away from this darkness and a dreamer. What seems to be a taboo became her motivation. You see, Youngbae-ah, she wanted nothing in all of this. She wants to leave and live her life out of this crazy mess we call life! But I swear, I tried to persuade her but she won't listen to me. Believe me, Youngbae. I tried to stop her. I really did..." she confessed to him.

Youngbae is left speechless as his mouth parted with a gasp after hearing the truth. A lot of things run through his mind. He can't even make up his current emotions as it was shock, sadness, and confusion rolled into one.

"W-What?!" He stood up and exclaimed when he found his voice at last.

Hyo Rin looked at him with tears in her eyes. She stood as well and approached him. She held his hands as she shut her eyes and tears run down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I really am. I even helped her with her plan. I can't do anything. I was left with no choice. This is the last time I helped her. I can't betray you or the gang anymore. I told her that I won't do it again."

Youngbae dropped her hand that was holding his as he faced her with pain and anger in his eyes. "Why didn't you tell it to me earlier?! Do you know how this matter will affect all of us?! Me, you and all of us in this gang especially Jiyong, we will lose the heiress! And how about my best friend? Jiyong will be devastated if he learns this. He suffered enough because of Sandara. I can't see him like that anymore. Do you know how hard it was to watch him so lonely and depress? He almost lost it when Sandara left when we're young. I cannot see him act that way again! So tell me, how am I suppose to tell him about this?! It will kill him more than being stab by seven hundred knives or shoot in with three hundred sniper bullets all at once!"

"I know!" Her voice matches his as she clenched her fists and jaws. "I know how much you cared for Jiyong-ssi! He is your brother. I cared for him too the way you do! Who do you think I thought after Sandara told me her plan aside from you? I know he won't going to like it. He won't going to make it. He might break apart. No. I'm sure he will be. I know how much he loves Sandara."

"Then what do you want me to do? Throw him straight to the grave?" Youngbae bursted out. "This is bull!"

 

***

Jiyong stared at Sandara. The dim light only gave them a way to see each other's faces. Eyes pooled with ushed tears and unsaid emotions. Sorrow filled their hearts. There's a heavy weight they carry upon their shoulders as they knew what this night will end anyway.

Do they have any other choice?

The answer would be yes. However, none of them won't acknowledge that option, no matter how painful their chosen decision will be.

Words seemed to be inadequate to express what they felt inside. Their tearing heart is already into pieces and enough to at least say that both of them is having a hard time dealing with the situation that they were trap in.

"Why are you still awake? Did I disturb your slumber?" Jiyong spoke up in a hush tone, breaking the silence covering them.

"I can't sleep," she answered hoarsely. She was about to seat up but Jiyong stop her quickly.

"Just lay down. You shouldn't move yet. You need rest," he said as he fixes her blanket to cover her still recovering body.

"I'm fine," she stubbornly insisted.

Jiyong just kept his silence while avoiding her eyes. Then Sandara noticed the familiar purple stuff toy on her side. She reached for it and smiled a little. All the while, Jiyong watched her from his peripheral vision.

The way her eyes lit up in awe made his heart skip a beat. There's a slight prick as well.

"I brought him to you since he's yours in the first place. I know how much you were fond of him," he spoke up as he stared at Tamtam heart brokenly. "I'm giving him back to his rightful owner," he added.

Sandara turns to look at him with a confuse look. Her eyes glazed as she blinks in complete astonishment.

"W-Why?" she asked in audibly.

Jiyong smiled bitterly as he met her gaze. "I had keep him for so long like I promised. I think it's about time he returned to its mother."

She gasped. "Ji..."

"Remember that promised? Or have you forgotten it already? Well, I won't blame you if you did. It's been more than a decade since I promised you that I will wait for your return and hold on to Tamtam. We were young back then. It sounds silly right now if you may think. Whose fool would take it seriously anyway?" he chortled sadly. "I think I'm the only one since I held onto it. I was young, foolish and reckless back then. I acted on impulse and let myself ruled by my heart. I was too caught up with emotions I have for you. Everyday without you is a single day of living without oxygen. I spent my life for you..." he trails off.

Jiyong drops his head to avoid her eyes as he bit his lip to control himself from breaking down. He sniffs a bit and when he was ready to face her, he raises his head and smiled to her remorsefully. This is it.

"That day we promised to each other, I devoted myself to keep that promise. I took care of Tamtam for you because it's the only thing that binds us together. It is the only thing that reminds me of what we have and could have if you hadn't left. And I can't blame you at all. Nor Uncle. In anyway, it's really my fault in the first place. I will keep myself responsible for that incident all my life. I'm sorry for putting you in so much trouble. I'm sorry for my incapacity to protect you against those kidnappers. I'm sorry for my inadequacy. I will pay for that day with everything I have."

Sandara bursts into uncontrollable sob as she clutched Tamtam closer to her chest. The bitter taste of pain surge through her body. That moment she knew that he is saying his farewell.

She continued to stare at the man in front of her, feeling the fresh taste of regret. The emotions played in Jiyong's orbs made her choke with her own bitterness. It is so clear to see. He is hurting. She hurt him, big time. It's now already too late to say sorry.

No. Sorry isn't enough. It would not be fair for him. It cannot compensate the heart aches she costs him. That feeling of pain she unknowingly gave him won't get par with anything.

She will lost him. She definitely will.

"Don't cry," he said softly as a faint smile plastered his lips. "Your tears make me want to hold you tight, kiss it away and replaced it with a smile. But, I know I can't and don't have any right to do it anymore. So please, stop shedding those tears. Save it to someone special. That wouldn't be me. I don't deserve it anymore. Don't cry for me, Sandara." He was just right there standing beside her bed but their distance seems far away.

She wanted to protest, tell him he was wrong, but nothing came out from as she attempts to say anything back at him. It hurts to hear him say those words that meant to degrade himself. Why is he thinking a little of himself?

"I know I made a lot of mistakes. I wouldn't try to call myself a saint. That's completely absurdity. I kill people. I manipulated the innocent. My hands are filth. And my soul has been written on the top list in hell. But despite all that, I consider myself good somehow. It is all because of you. It's because I love you. I wanted to say I love you now to let you know how much you meant to me. I want to say I love you at this moment to show you how far I can do and go just for you. I just wanna say I love you right now to tell you that it will be forever and tangeable. No one can ever replace you in my heart. And I'm saying I love you for the last time to make up for those times I didn't tell it to you. I love you, Sandara Park."

His voice cracked as he paused for a moment. He was very bold and straightforward. However, the looked that marred his face showed differently. His eyes puff and red from unshed tears, body rigid, and his knuckles turns white as he clutched into tight balls to control his emotions at bay.

His confession came out strong that she felt the lump forming in . Her tears are uncontrable in her already damped face. Suddenly, she felt suffocated.

"Nonetheless, my love for you failed. It wasn't enough as I admit now that I was wrong from assuming that you and I can stay the same. Unfortunately, fate has a different plan for us. I am always a failure when it comes to you so maybe destiny had decided on behalf of us and do us all a favor. I  refused to believe that fate wasn't on our side. I hate to think that destiny is against for us to be together too. I don't believe in those crap but right now, I think maybe it's time."

Jiyong looked straight in her eyes . And Sandara's heart broke with the way he was looking at her with pure sorrow and defeat.

"W-What do you mean?" Her voice came breathless as she had known what he meant but she still cannot help to ask.

"I'm letting you go, Sandara," he answered gravely.

Sandara gasped as panic shots through her entire body.

"W-Wha—Why?!"

Jiyong looked at her blankly this time. "Isn't it what you want?"

Her eyes widens as she suddenly was speechless. It's the truth though. Everything he said is true. She brought it upon herself as she succumb to her selfish desires without considering the people who loves her. And now, she will suffer with the consequence of her greed.

"You shouldn't have done all of that. You should have told me everything. If you only tell me you wanted out, I would have gave you the exit without sacrificing your life. You could have been honest from the very start, Sandara," Jiyong exhales with such grief. 

"I-I don't know. Ji, I'm sorry. I didn't know... I—"

"You know, I had actually hope that you will changed your mind. When I discovered about your escape plan, I feel betrayed. But then, I still believed that you will eventually stay in the end. I have so much faith in you, Sandara. Nevertheless, it hurts the same to know that your dreams are far more  important than what you have here. I guess, you must be sick of this business. You must be tired of being with us," he said with a lifeless chuckle. "Those are the reasons I can only come up as to why you wanted to leave. I can't believe I am losing you this way. You know what even worst?"

Jiyong looked up to her and smiled sadly. His eyes glistens with tears. His shoulder slumped weakly. It is as if he had given up and surrenders with his head bowed down and hands up. He is an epitome of a complete dejected.

"I can't stop from loving you. But sad to say, I have to let go instead of trapping you here with me. It will be unfair for you if I will keep you."

"What do you... mean?"

"Tomorrow... you will be send straight to Gangnam. Seungri had found a safe place for you there. Youngbae had taken care all of your asset and I got him liquidate all of it under your name. Once you are settled in there, you will no longer part of the gang as you have planned. We have already sent words about your death and the fake funeral has been fix by Daesung. Everything has been settled for you. Once you leave, everyone will no longer knows you became part of the gang. In this world, Hare will be considered dead. Then you, as Dara Park, can live peacefully in your new life in the city, away from this madness."

Sandara was really surprised. Shock was an understatement to describe her reaction. Jiyong did all of that on her behalf. He had known for so long but he didn't say anything. Instead, he swallowed the pain everyday while acting oblivious about her plan. He did all of that because he loved her.

How heartbreaking?

How can she breaks his heart like this? How much suffering he had to endure while loving her?

She doesn't deserved his love. He doesn't deserved everything she did. Maybe, it is really right to just let go. Maybe, she really needs to leave once again so she won't have to hurt him furthermore. What should she do?

She had hurt him more than she ever know.

"I-I see," she mumbled after the long silence as she pauses to gather her wit. Her eyes met his dark but sorrowful eyes. And her heart broke a little more. She smiled sadly. Despair is slowly settling between them.

The temperature suddenly turns colder. The air filled with gloom. The heavy feeling of knowing this could be the last time they will see each other lingers like an acid.

As Jiyong shifted from where he was standing, Sandara knew it is time to say good bye.

"Be safe always, Sandara. You can live happily now," Jiyong said as his voice filled with sadness but he managed to sound so sincere. He takes a deep breath and exhales. He wanted to do more, hug her for the last time. But he thought otherwise. So instead, he made step to leave and escape from the heartbreaking situation that they were in.

He made it halfway towards the door when a thin but familiar arms encircled around his torso, hugging him from the back. He gasped for a second from the sudden move and relaxes after sometime.

Jiyong didn't move away either and just indulge himself with the farewell embrace she was giving him. His arms were on his sides, limply hanging. His back stiff as he felt Sandara leans on it. His tummy churn when he felt her tightens her hold on him.

"Thank you, Jiyong."

He doesn't know what's that for but it breaks his heart more after hearing her say those words. Hope crushed upon in his sight. Love becomes despair. Happiness turns to sorrow.

A tear escape from his eye as he bit his lip to keep his sob.

"You're... welcome..."


***

Four boys occupied the long white leather couch as two women were seated on the single sofa across each other while a girl was seated on a wheelchair beside the woman in the left. They are gathered in a living room that late night. In the center table, a bottle of whiskey and glasses containing the liquor is situated.

"Do you think he already do it?" Daesung asked while staring blankly on his glass of whiskey while his elbows are settled on top of his thighs as he leans forward.

"I think he did. I saw him entering her room earlier," Bom said quietly as she fidgeted on the throw pillow on her lap.

"So he really did, huh? What a fool," Top remarked before sipping on his glass while staring at the window across the room.

The clear dark sky filled the night along with the sorrowful air. Even the night seems sympathizing with their predicament. All of them knew the situation at hand. Tomorrow as the sun rises, everything will be change. Tomorrow, the sun may rise yet for someone it stay down as only darkness embraces the light that once casted on him. And now, he would be one breathing dead soul.

"What will happen to Jiyong oppa after this?" Minzy asked as tears forms around her eyes.

"He'll be a terrible lonely man," Chaerin answered inaudibly while looking blankly ahead.

"For the next days ahead, we won't be seeing the Jiyong we knew anymore. This changes everything. From this day forward, expect G-Dragon to resurface," Youngbae said after gulping his own drink at one go while his expression is grim.

"That's more likely would happen. Jiyong hyung will be dead along with Hare for sure. I hope we could help him somehow to ease his pain," Seungri mumbled on his seat while doung a circling motion on his glass of whiskey as he stared at it. Even the most playful maknae became serious right now.

Bom sighs as she looked at all of them. "The least thing we could do for Jiyong is to be with him. Right now, he is having a hard time. It will take a long while for him to return to his old self. This is hard for all of us as well. I do not even know how to speak with Sandara. I might say something I shouldn't have."

Youngbae stood up from his seat and position himself infront of the window with his hands inside of his pants pocket. He stared blankly at the dark sky while the thought of his best friend filled his mind.

"I think it's better not to dig the issue up. Tomorrow, we are all going to send Sandara noona off. We'll say our farewell and wish her luck as sincerely as we can. Jiyong hyung would want us to do that for Sandara noona. He wanted a just and peaceful farewell for her." Daesung leans on his back as he told them that.

"Just? Peace?" Minzy mumbled strangely as if she's hearing the words for the first time. Her tears flowed as she gaze at each of them. "Was it just for us to be left here wallowing from unnie's departure? Was it just for Jiyong oppa to be hurt this way? How about peace? How can we give her that when we ourselves won't be at peace from what she had done? Jiyong oppa will never be at peace after she left. He will destroy himself. And it is impossible for us to not to be affected. So tell me, why do we have to give her that when she robbed us off that privileged?" She asked acidly.

"Though you had a point, Minzy, we know you were hurt. We are too. However, even if we blame unnie, even we cursed right into her face the pain we felt, nothing will ever changed. The damaged has been done already. So what is the point of getting mad at her? None, right? She will still leave. And just like what Bom unnie said, it is the least thing we can do. We should focus on Jiyong oppa instead and how we can help him somehow," Chaerin explained softly to Minzy while she pats her back to soothe the latter.

"It is better this way. Letting go seems to be the only way for all us to settle this." Seungri added his remark.

"Foolishness is the act of recklessness. Sometimes, the only way to realized the things we missed, things we will going to miss, and things we misses is by taking those privileges away. What comes around, goes around. In this world, there's no escape route but death," Top said sensibly.

Youngbae looked up the sky where the moon illuminated faintly and cold air filled the entire place. "It's not really the end if it's not yet the end. It ain't over `til it's over. Jiyong will survive this. He will."

 

 

Hi! I'm trying out this aff app so just bear with the layout. Anyway, I'm sorry for the long hiatus. Here's my update. Could your heart still take more? Aigoo...this story turns so angsty. Do you agree?

xxx,

bonapaix