A NIGHT AT JIYONG'S PAD

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| A  N I G H T   A T  J I Y O N G' S  P A D| 

 

Jiyong gives Sandara a tentative glances though silently as they ride inside the lift. She's been quiet since they arrive and he doesn't have no idea at all what she was thinking at the moment. He just let her be and didn't pry her anymore about being sure in crashing at his pad. Although he is curious as to why with her sudden decision.

 

The elevator's ping when they reach his floor. He let her out first as he followed him behind. Jiyong leads Sandara towards his pad without saying anything as he punched in his pass code and opens his humble abode for her.

 

"Come in," he said slightly clearing his throat.

 

Sandara walks inside and marveled his pad silently with him following behind. He watched her roamed around his prestine home sternly. He was nervous alright. This is the first time they have been alone. As in just the two of them. So it's no wonder that it's really nerve wrecking.

 

"Um..." He spoke up, clearing the lump on his throat. "Do you want anything? Juice? Water? Or perhaps are you hungry?" he offered unknowingly.

 

She turns to him with a small smile. "Don't bother. You should rest. Can I use your kitchen instead?"

 

Jiyong blinks. "Why?"

 

"I'll cook for us. I knew you haven't eaten anything since this morning. You've been hands on with dealing Legion Tail and the business. I haven't seen you eat anything."

 

"Oh." He shyly massaged his nape. "I didn't notice the time whenever I am so caught up with work."

 

As the proof of that his tummy growls audibly. And he unbelievably got flush in deepest shade of red. He bit his lip embarrassingly. Sandara only shakes her head but a visible smile drawn in her lips.

 

"That's what I thought," she said and glanced at his clean kitchen. "What would you like to have?"

 

"I can eat anything. I'm not a picky eater." He shrugs.

 

"Okay. How about omelette and java rice?"

 

"Sounds good. I'll going to wash up quickly. Will you be okay here?"

 

"Yes. Go ahead," she said and turned towards the kitchen.

 

Jiyong only smiled as he made his way to his room. The smile on his lips cannot be deterred even when he went inside the bathroom and strip himself with his filthy clothings. He steps on the shower and starts cleaning up. It took him fifteen minutes to finish bathing. He grabs a clean towel and put on his robe. He went out, drying his hair with the towel. Then, he seats at the edge of his bed.

 

Until now he can't believe that Sandara is in his home—just right out of his room and in the kitchen, cooking for him. His smile stretched wider showing his infamous gummy smile. His gaze landed on Tamtam and reached for it.

 

"Mommy is here, Tamtam," he said to the toy, grinning like a fool.

 

Surprisingly, he felt light. His initial nervousness subsided but the awkwardness still lingers. It is replaced by joy and relief.

 

Jiyong hugs the stuff toy on his chest as he drops his body on the soft bed, dragging the object along. He stared at his ceiling while feeling an extreme excitement.

 

This night will surely remarkable for him.

 

He seats up while settling Tamtam on the middle of the pillows and stood up to get dress, not wanting to make the lady in his kitchen wait for too long. Most of all, he wants to see her, be with her.

 

 

***

 

Sandara marveled the interior of Jiyong's pad as soon as they reach his home. His unit is very prestine and manly. A modern style fits for a bachelor like him. The walls are white while the floorings are marbled and black. He also has a L shape black leather couch and a matching single round glass center table.

 

His living room consists of a wide flat screen TV, a state-of-the-art entertainment set, various impressionist paintings that hang in the walls, some magazines and displayed vase and figurines. There are also few plants in the corner and another bonsai in the middle of the center table. There are also several photo frames which are neatly arranged in the table.

 

His kitchen is perfectly clean except that his fridge does contained nothing at all. Sandara has to sigh and whips something out of his only stock. She wonders how did he survive leaving with canned beers and bottled water in his refrigerator? But then, he must be going out a lot and eat in resto instead and/or just rely on deliveries.

 

Jiyong is really a guy.

 

"Aish! He can't even go to grocery and buy his stock!" she grumbles to herself while stirring something in the steaming pot.

 

If there's one thing she noticed, Jiyong is really a certified OCD. He is very organized and a clean freak too. He likes everything neat.

 

Once the kimchi soup is ready, she prepared the table with the soup, few side dishes and their utensils. It's not a lot but she's quite sure that it's enough to fill their stomach. Though, she wasn't really confident with how it taste. She just wished Jiyong will still eat it.

 

Just in time, Jiyong came out from his room, hair still damps and freshly cleans up. He has also changed into more comfortable home clothes—a plain white V-neck shirt and black cotton pajama pants. His arm tattoos are showing off with the short sleeves t-shirt he is wearing.

 

He paddled his way towards her while drying his hair with a towel. He drapes it around his shoulders as he occupied a seat across her in the dining.

 

"I thought we're having omelette and java rice tonight?" he started off, noticing the different dishes laid in front of them.

 

Sandara snaps from her trance and gave the table a lingering gaze and settled at him. She slightly scoffed.

 

"You're fridge needs some stocking to do. You're lucky I found some kimchi stock there or else you'll be having beers as your supper tonight. Seriously Jiyong, you should maintain your refrigerator fully stock. It's practically empty," she chided at him.

 

"I didn't see the point though. I mean, I'm always out anyway. I spent my days working. Sometimes it gets too intense that I forgot to eat at all. Like what happened today. It will only spoil and waste of money, effort, and time. Besides, I don't know anything about cooking," he reasoned out.

 

"Then what if you have visitors?"

 

He shrugs. "I don't bring anyone here except when the boys and Bom noona, Chaerin and Minzy come to hang out. In anyway, they either brought something when coming here or call for delivery."

 

"That's not good. Tomorrow we'll go to shop your grocery. You didn't have anything even instant noodles!" she said exasperatedly and sigh. "For now, let's eat. I know your hungry."

 

Jiyong chortled and bowed politely. "Kamsahamnida, chef-nim."

 

Sandara watched him eating gingerly as he takes a sip on the soup. Jiyong nodded in satisfaction and sip another spoonfuls. He took his chopsticks and digs on the side dishes and rice. He began eating like really famished person. She smiled as she picks up her own chopsticks to eat as well.

 

"Ah, that's really good! I think I'm really full right now," Jiyong said after he finished eating. "I didn't know you cook so well, Sandara."

 

She shrugs while cleaning the table. "When I was in New York, I ask my nanny to teach me how to cook out of boredom. She taught me some Korean dishes too."

 

"I see," he mumbled. She was about to wash the dishes when he stood up to stop her. "Leave it, Sandara. I'll handle it. You cooked for me. It's too much to let you do this. Go and rest. I know your tired too."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes," he smiled reassuringly.

 

"Alright. Can I use your bathroom instead? I feel sticky. I want to wash up."

 

He stilled and gulped nervously. "O-Of course."

 

"Thanks!" She turns towards his room but glance back half way when she remembered something. "Oh, can I barrow your shirt? I don't have a change of clothes."

 

The bowl he was currently washing slips through his hands as he looked at her with parted mouth in shock. Sandara frowns and fully faces him.

 

"Are you alright?"

 

Jiyong snapped from his reverie. "Y-Yes. I mean, I'm fine. Go ahead. My walk in closet is at the right door. Get anything you want," he said while looking away shamefully.

 

"Okay."

 

Sandara left him and entered his room. His manly scent greeted her foremost. She went straight to the bathroom and stripped her clothes. She entered the shower stall, turns on the nuzzle as she took a bath.

 

The fresh water rinse her body, making her body light and relax. Few minutes passed and she was done bathing. She gets his extra towel and wraps it around her body. She went out the bathroom and paced straight to his walk in closet.

 

Sandara scanned his neatly organized closet. Jiyong has a lot of fine pieces of Armani suits, Balmain and Saint Laurent coats, Chanel items, Vetemens and such branded clothes. He is really a fashion people. She grabs one of his white dress shirt and put it on. It falls her body loosely enough to cover her right at knee length. She also barrowed his black boxer shorts since she doesn't have any undergarments on. Fortunately, Jiyong has a lean body figure. His clothes fits to her.

 

As soon as she was done, she left the walk in closet and went out to join Jiyong. She didn't even bother looking at his bed. She found Jiyong in the living room, seating in the couch while watching a movie with a glass of white wine in his hands. She joined him and occupied the space beside him.

 

"What are you watching?" she asked, making him startle.

 

Jiyong whips his head at her in utter shock. She felt his eyes on her but she ignored it as she leans to get his wine bottle. She drank straight from it without caring at all if it's disgraceful.

 

The movie continued to play on the screen. Sandara can only recognize the actor. It's an action movie—the famous double-O-seven, James Bond.

 

"You really like him, don't you?" she asked, tipping the bottle at the flat screen. "Who's your favorite James Bond portrayer?"

 

Jiyong didn't respond for about few seconds and cleared his throat, gulping his wine empty.

 

"Sean Connery," he answered shortly after a while.

 

Sandara grins as she glanced back at him. He was looking away though and put a reasonable distance between them.

 

"Everyone's favorite. But I think I like Pierce Brosnan more."

 

"Yeah right. Don't tell me you like him because of his looks?" he shots back.

 

"That and of course his version were cool," she answered nonchalantly.

 

"Psh," Jiyong scoffs. "I'm much cooler," he mumbled which she didn't catch up.

 

"What? Did you say anything?"

 

"Nothing. I said, James Bond is cool."

 

Sandara hummed as she nods. She leans back, raising her feet on the couch. Jiyong looked away once more since her oversize clothing hikes up, revealing her creamy thighs.

 

"Why do you like him so much? Well, aside from he's the coolest MI6 Agent," she asked once again.

 

"Because he's an agent from MI6," he retorted back.

 

Sandara scowled. "I'm serious, Jiyong."

 

Jiyong smirked. "So am I." She glared at him. Jiyong chortled a bit and straightens up. "Kidding aside, I like him because he's immortal. His face might change a lot of times, but his name never ceased. He can make impossible things possible. He is independent. He is a savior, not a hero. And no matter how life threatening his missions are, he still managed to survive triumphantly."

 

"And he is also a babe magnet," she rolled her eyes and took another swig on the bottle. "You want to be like him?"

 

He chuckled. "Somehow. I mean not the babe magnet part. I want to be immortal so I won't have to die and continue to protect those are important to me. I want to be a savior like him. He is brave and fearless. And despite the fact that he had a lot of women in list, he became their protector and life saver. I want to be like that for my woman. I wanted to be the one who protects her and keep her safe. I failed once and I am not going to let that happen again. No history repeats itself for me. I'm going to wipe out anyone who even tries," he mumbled as his expression darkens.

 

Sandara stilled as the bottled remains suspended mid air when she was about to drink once more. She blinks at Jiyong. She regards his serious face and grim look.

 

She put down the bottle and shifted on her seat as she faces him fully. Somehow, she knew who he was referring to. That girl he was talking about is none other than her. That can be easily figured given how protective he was to her.

 

And she is very much grateful for that.

 

"You don't need to be James Bond though," she said as Jiyong turns to her. She smiled faintly. "You being just Kwon Jiyong is enough. You don't have to be immortal or sort of. You know why? Because I like you better than a batallion of 007. James Bond lived with his duty. Everything he does is because it's his job. But you are different. You do whatever you do because you have a heart to do it. It's because you care." She grabbed his hand and held it gently. "And I want to tell you how much grateful I am for everything you've done for me. I appreciate your effort for protecting me all the time and looking out for my welfare."

 

"It's a promise I intend to keep. Just like the old days, Sandara."

 

"I know. You're a man of your words."

 

"I just don't want to disappoint you."

 

"It always matters to you of what I would think, right?"

 

"I do," he mumbled.

 

Sandara moves away while a sad smile lingers on her lips. She sighs as she felt another weight put up on her shoulders. The predicament of their situation slowly sinking in.

 

I wish you weren't, Jiyong. I'm sorry for breaking your heart once more.

 

She thought to herself as she mindlessly watched the movie on the screen. Silence once again resurfaced between them. It was good thing Jiyong did not say anything anymore.

 

The movie lasts for two hours as the credits rolled on the screen. Jiyong stood up and cleaned up the half consumed botttle and his glass. He returned the wine to the liquor cabinet and put the glass in the sink. Then he walks back to her.

 

"You should take the bed, Sandara. I'll just sleep here," he said.

 

Sandara looked up to him. "No. You don't have to. You take your bed since it's yours in the first place. I can sleep here. I'm sure you have extra comforter, right?"

 

"I can't let you sleep in a couch, Sandara. Go ahead and sleep in my room. I'll be fine here."

 

"But, it will be comfortable for you," she pointed out.

 

"Doesn't matter." He dismissed and waves his hand. "I've slept worst than here."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes. Let me just get the extra comforter."

 

But Sandara beats him to it as she stood up and stopped him.

 

"No. I'll get it. It's the least thing I could do," she said and didn't let him say some more. She run to his room quickly.

 

She went back to his walk in closet and easily found the extra sheets. She grabbed one and got out after. Sandara was about to leave when her eyes caught up with something. She roamed her gaze at Jiyong's entire room for the first time since she didn't paid much attention to it earlier. His room is wide with a king size bed in the middle. His bed has black comforter and white pillows whereas a familiar purple stuff toy nestled comfortably. Sandara walked up towards the bed and seated on the edge, reaching for the toy.

 

"Tamtam..." she mumbled while caressing her old stuff toy.

 

A moment of nostalgia passes her. She can't believe that Jiyong still kept Tamtam. She didn't expect that she will see it again. Jiyong... He keeps his promise. He remembered.

 

Sandara smiled faintly and stands up, bringing Tamtam with her. She walks out through the bedroom and approaches Jiyong back in the living room.

 

She didn't think twice and strode towards him. She quickly wraps her arms around him from the back. She felt him stiffen with her sudden move. But she make no move to release him instead she tightens her embrace to him.

 

"Sanda—" Jiyong muttered in utter surprise but she cut him off.

 

"Just for a second," she whispered.

 

He let her be until she felt his body relaxes. They were covered with silence. She didn't utter anything and just hold him tight from the back. Jiyong did the same probably wondering why she was doing this.

 

After a while she let him go and Jiyong glanced back to her with a confuse look. His eyes then landed on her hand where she grips Tamtam. She saw his eyes widens in shock and parted his mouth with a gasp.

 

Jiyong faces her with a panic look. She watched him fidgetted nervously to where he stands.

 

"I-I..." he stuttered not knowing what to say.

 

Sandara hugs Tamtam closer to her chest. "You kept him. I found him in your room, at your bed exactly."

 

He looked away with a sigh. "Of course. I promised you, didn't I? I swear to keep him."

 

His voice is low and his words struck her real hard. Sandara stared at Jiyong. In her mind, this man in front of her, dedicated his life in their gang. This man just few inches away from her lived his life protecting her and keeping his promise. This man... She has no idea how much he loves her.

 

Sandara run to him and wraps her hands around his torso, surprising him for the second time. She fought the urge to bursts into tears while hugging him so tightly.

 

"I'm sorry," she said through muffled voice.

 

Not long after, Jiyong slowly returned her embrace and wraps his hands around her as well. He didn't ask as to what she was apologizing for. Instead, he savors the moment of having her in his arms once again after a very long time.

 

He planted a kiss on the crown of her head and tightens his hold on her.

 

 

***

 

The couple laid on the bed facing each other. They didn't talk and just stared at each other, letting their feelings and serenity speaks for themselves. Tamtam is in between them with Sandara's hand settled on it. Jiyong moved his hand towards hers, giving her a gentle squeeze.

 

None of them spoke up with what had happened out there in the leaving room even though there are a lot of questions playing in their mind.  Somehow they felt that it isn't the right time to talk about it.

 

Their little make-believe family is finally complete with Tamtam as their son, Jiyong is the dad and Sandara as the mommy. The mobster family and their purple rabbit toy son.

 

It may looked ridiculous and silly for others. But for them, or rather for him, it will always be a simple joy he would take if it means to have her like this.

 

Jiyong would not attempt to deny the growing distance the two of them had. They had come a long. Truth but those several years that they've separated had brought a great impact towards them.

 

Then like a playing unfair, he remembered that one afternoon in that café when he saw her with another strange guy. They seemed really close as the two of them parted with a hug. And the next few days after that he noticed Sandara's absence. He only figured it out that she was with him in those instances.

 

Jealousy clawed him.

 

He roams his eyes around her face, memorizing every angle and contour. Sandara had grown up to be the most beautiful woman he ever seen. She was already pretty when she was a child. But now, she's all grown up, matured and gorgeous. And he can't help but to fall a little harder.

 

She's making him look like a whipped fool. Damn it to hell.

 

"What are you thinking?" she asked.

 

He averted his gaze and sigh. "A lot of things."

 

"Care to share? I can listen," she said.

 

Jiyong thought for a while but he ended up in silence. He wanted to tell her what's been bothering him. However, he feels the fear of hearing the truth. At the back of his mind, he knew what her answer will be.

 

It is ridiculous to ask something that you already know the answer. He is a masochist alright. But he can't handle to be one right now. They are having a good time at the moment and bringing up his issues will just ruin it.

 

"It wasn't important. Let's not talk about it," he said instead.

 

"You won't be bothered if it's not important. But if you don't want to talk about it then I'll let it go," she said thoughtfully.

 

He sighs. "I was just wondering as to why you decided to stay the night here? It was so sudden and unexpected."

 

Sandara shifted to lay on her back. She stared at the ceiling as she answered. "I don't know. I mean, I just blurted it out earlier for no reason at all. Maybe, I just want to spend time with you. We haven't been like this for a very long time. I missed those nights we spent waiting for shooting stars."

 

His heart flatters. He smiled giddily.

 

Jiyong stands up from lying and fidgetted on his drawer. He smiled when he found what he was looking for. He turns to Sandara who are looking at him with a frown. He smiled in return.

 

"Do you want to see a shooting star?" he asked.

 

Sandara sat up. "How?"

 

Jiyong grinned and pressed the object in his hand. "Look up," he said while his eyes fixed on her.

 

She did and gasped upon seeing the plain ceiling turns to somewhat a projection of starry sky. There are the costellations and meteors shining bright. A shooting star passes by from time to time. It's magnificent.

 

"How...did you do this?" she asked still in awe.

 

"Hologram technology is of help really. I specifically told the interior designer to put up this view when I moved in here. I thought it was impossible. But then they did and it's marvelous. I cannot ask for more," he explained while looking at the ceiling as well.

 

"It's beyond beautiful, Jiyong."

 

"It is. I always watched it every time I go to sleep."

 

He motioned her to lay back as he joins her. They laid back beside her. He uses his one hand as a pillow while the other is settled on top of his stomach. Sandara, on the other hand, watched the view in the ceiling with her hands on top of her stomach, intertwined together as she smiled like the way she did when they were still kids doing star gazing every night together.

 

The stars lit brightly in the sky outside the same way it did on the hologram in the ceiling. And at the same time a shooting star suddenly showed in both reality and virtual view.

 

Sandara slowly shut her eyes as her smile remains. All the while, Jiyong watched her pull into slumber. He shifted to the side, facing her direction. He then closes his eyes while wishing for the first time in the shooting star.

 

'Make her stay. Please, let her stay...'

 

 

 

 

Who's still breathing after that DG feed party? Who's still celebration while dancing under the song Fantastic Baby? Who's singing along with BB's girlfriend with me? Who's haters? What YG? Screw `em while I spazz over OTP's latest and most daring/boldest move ever for this year! This is our year! I thought it's year of the rooster? Damn it's Daragon year, baby!

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|