SEPARATE WAYS

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| S E P A R A T E    W A Y S | 

 

 

 

Everything happens so fast. The joyful laughters filled the dining every breakfast, lunch and dinner; The sounds of feet running around the hallway; Scattered toys in the floor of the playroom; The blowing of candles on the cake every birthdays; The balloons popping accidentally in the chairs by the garden; And the songs followed by applause—it all faded away now in the back of their memories as the place they once shared those nostalgia was now replace by a tragic event that broke their hearts into pieces.

 

Minzy is gone. Chaerin is locking herself to her room like when she was a kid after witnessing the tragic death of her parents. She was traumatize. Then there was their Uncle Hyun Suk who just fell from a coma. The bullet hit him on the spine that rendered him in deep comatose. His chance of survival is also undetermined as of the moment.

 

Jiyong cannot help but to blame himself. That bullet is supposed to be for him. He should be the one lying on the bed barely alive. Hades received the bullet on his behalf. If not for him, he could have been dead.

 

He took another swig of brandy straight from the bottle as he drown himself in alcohol. He wanted to forget everything. He felt cheated. It is so unfair. What has he done in the past and he keeps on losing those are important to him?

 

Is it because he killed? He sells drugs? Uses people to his advantage? Why? Doesn't he deserve happiness too? Why is the world is so against him?!

 

"ARGH!" he shouted and threw the bottle somewhere, shattering it when it landed on the hard surface.

 

Jiyong cried and broke down kneeling on the ground where he parked his car. He raked his hair as he fell on his and weeps openly. He feels really heavy. It is as if he is carrying half of the world's weight. Lately, he felt the dark clouds above his head, casting shadows over him.

 

Now, what is he going to do? He suddenly felt lost.

 

"Look what we have here," someone said as he heard footsteps coming his way.

 

Jiyong stilled for a while and his tears stopped as he glared at the group of pathetic looking thugs, smirking towards him. One of them steps a bit closer to him and whistled while touching his expensive car. The filth looked at his matte Lambo with awe. He grins at him with his decayed teeth maliciously.

 

"You got a good one here, buddy. Mind if my friends and I barrow it?" he said and glanced at his friends meaningfully.

 

" off," Jiyong growled dangerously.

 

However, the man didn't listen and chuckled along with his friends. They didn't seem recognize him because if he did they would have been running their asses off. But that didn't happen.

 

"You're one brave lad. Don't you know us?!" the man said and pushed him by the shoulder.

 

Jiyong hissed and his patience broke. He quickly grabbed the man's hand and twisted, breaking it. The latter shouted in agony as his friends run to attack him as well. They were engaged in a fight fist which of course dominated by him since he's much skilled than them even if he was tipsy.

 

His punched were connected to their jaws and other parts of their body. Bones cracked and keep on breaking as his assaults aimed at them in precise motion. He was merciless and didn't spare them for crossing him at the moment. He showed them to never cross a man who had lost so much and thirsty for blood especially him. He wasn't called G-Dragon for nothing.

 

By the time he was finished with them, he's already sweating as he pants and threw the last battered human being in the pile he made out of them. He could hear them whimpering from pain as their grunts and groans came from their mouth. But he doesn't care and slumped back to the ground with his elbows propped on his knees as he bowed his head down.

 

His hair drench from sweat as his clothes were disheveled. His knuckles has blood in them which came from beating up the small thugs.

 

After a while, he fished out his phone on his pocket and dialed Youngbae's number. It only takes two rings before he heard his best friend on the other line. It was a brief call telling him to come over with few of their men and clean up the mess he did. He hung up after that not wanting to hear Youngbae's nagging.

 

Less than half an hour, Youngbae along with Top, Seungri, Daesung and few of their members arrived. His four closest friends approached him while the rest takes care of the beaten thugs.

 

Jiyong didn't dare look at his best friend and continued to gaze blankly ahead with a dark look on his face. He wasn't satisfied at all. There's an urge inside of him that wants to go out. His inner demons wanted to be release. He wants to run amok while questioning life and its restraints.

 

 

"Ji—" Youngbae started but cut off by him.

 

"Not now, Youngbae. I want to be alone," he said as he stood up, limping a bit. He walks to his car and about to open the door when his best friend stop him.

 

"Where are you going, Ji? It's late. Just go home and rest. You looked beat as well."

 

"I'm fine," he firmly said as he glanced back at him with unreadable face.

 

He was cold and he knows it. But he didn't care. All he wants to be alone for now. He doesn't want to hear anything as of the moment. Peace of mind, it's all what he needed right now. And Youngbae couldn't give him that because he knew how he is.

 

"You're not fine! Go home and get some sleep for 's sake! Getting drunk won't solve anything, Jiyong. That's all you do ever since this whole fiasco happened. You're not the only one who is suffering here!" Youngbae yelled at him.

 

Top together with the two maknaes stepped towards them, standing idly watching them. Jiyong slammed the car door and moves quickly towards his best friend holding him by the neck as his eyes blaze with fury. The three boys widen their eyes and immediately came in between them. Top was trying to stop him from behind while Seungri and Daesung aided Youngbae.

 

"Jiyong! Stop it! Let go of Youngbae!" Top exclaimed as he held him.

 

"Hyung, please, you're going to kill Youngbae hyung," Daesung pleaded as he tried to peel his hand away from Youngbae's neck.

 

"Jiyong hyung..." Seungri cried out while pleading as well.

 

Jiyong released him eventually as Youngbae coughs for air. His color gone pale but slowly come backs to its original color. He was glaring at him which he equally returned with furious eyes.

 

"" you! You want to kill me?! Go ahead so everybody is happy. If you think for one second that you being like this will ing help our situation the hell it can't." Youngbae lets out some profanity as he madly points at him.

 

Jiyong struggles from Top's restraints and successfully tackles Youngbae again and gripped his collar.

 

"Jiyong!" Top shrieked angrily.

 

"Hyung!" Seungri and Daesung also exclaimed while gaping at them completely stunned.

 

He gave Youngbae a punch and the latter staggered backwards, his lips busted. Youngbae spits out the blood from his mouth and wipes the side of his lips as he retaliated back to him. His fist connected to his jaw which made him stumbles a bit but he regained his posture. He growled angrily and landed another punch on him. The two of them start fighting with each other.

 

Top cursed as he tries to step between the two and stop the madness they were engage in. Seungri and Daesung help as well by holding the two from attacking each other.

 

"Enough both of you!" Top growled while standing in between them, arms spread out to put them in their place.

 

Jiyong and Youngbae are panting, bruised all over their faces. This is the first time they fought for real. They had hurt each other before though physically but it was only during their trainings. Never, in the life of them has this point ever occur.

 

"What the is wrong with the two of you?! Are you trying to kill each other off?" Top exhaled as he darted his brooding eyes in between him and Youngbae. "For Pete's sake, we're not enemies here! Use your damn fists on our foes not on each others faces!"

 

Jiyong hissed and turns away from Seungri's hold. He doesn't know why he did it but something snaps in him and Youngbae is the closest person who happens to be there as the victim of his uncontrollable rage. He didn't mean it but his impatience got the better of him as his temper rises into notch.

 

It's as if he is like a wolf turning to shift. He is very sensitive and easily irritated. He knew he was wrong and needed to offer an apology to his best friend for the foolish act that he did to him. He knew he was only worried for him. He is probably feeling the same way he did. All of them are.

 

Sighing, his body relaxes as the tension slowly fades away. He back away until he slumped on the island of the pavement. He felt deflated and suddenly tired.

 

"I'm sorry," he apologized to them loud enough for them to hear.

 

They feels relieved and Youngbae also calms down. He looks up and the exhaustion is visible in his face from the look of the dark rings around his eyes. He didn't hide how much he was having a hard time right now to them. They knew it in the first place. And he knew as much as he did, they were sharing the same feeling too.

 

Youngbae approached him and held out his hand. Jiyong stared at him for like a jiff and eventually accepted it. He help him up and hugged him in a brotherly way. He was tapping his back as if telling him it's alright.

 

"I apologized too. I shouldn't have said those things that pull your nerve. I know what you're going through and I am sorry for forcing you out of that misery. I know how much it was hard for you and I shouldn't have added to your list of worries. But Ji," Youngbae said while they lock in an embrace.

 

"You know why I did what I did and why I say those awful things. I never meant it that way. It just that it's painful to see you breaking before my eyes." He distanced himself from him and held his shoulders. "There's so much things on your shoulder and your plate has been full. I wish I could carry half of your baggage so it's easy for you. But Ji, we need you. Uncle is in coma and we need someone who will lead us. That's you. You're the only one who's capable of leading us. You always been the leader. So please, I know it's too much but we need our leader back. We need him back to face the motherers who were responsible for the death of our men and Minzy. We need you to seek vengeance for the lives they took and for destroying our childhood home."

 

Jiyong stared at Youngbae as he saw the fire in his eyes, burning with intense emotions. His best friend rarely showed anger and if he did it's really frightening.

 

His eyes darted towards Top, Daesung and Seungri. They also have a grim expression and their fist curled into tight ball as if it turns white. He knew by their expression that they shared the same passion. Revenge—it was like music to their ears.

 

Sharp dark eyes squinted as his face darkens. He touched Youngbae's wrists and put down his hands, freeing himself from his hold. He steps back.

 

"Be ready, brothers. We'll going to war."

 

The four boys straigthens up knowing what he meant.

 

 

***

 

Days turns to weeks and now it has been two months after the despair. A lot has changed in those time. The old happy gleam of the gang faded as they were in constant alert 24/7 for possible trespasser again. Worked had been doubled time. They lost so much in the past month as the grief lingers on them.

 

Bom continued doing her job at the infirmary with the help of Lee Hi and Soo Hyun. CL is still acting like a hermit in her quarters, not talking to anyone though she eats the food Bom was leaving for her everyday. It was sad but life has to keep moving. The boys has been busy as well especially Jiyong.

 

He has been so cold and silent. He was too focus on the business, making sure everything still in good state after what happened. At the same time, he has been hands on in investigating their attackers. He wanted them to pay so they will.

 

Gone the old Kwon Jiyong who still know how to smile. The gentle guy that once he is, became the rough and edgy version of himelf. He is always mad and snaps at people in simplest mistake. He was truly embodying the dragon trait that frigthens the hell out of s.

 

Ever since the night he and Youngbae fought for the first time for real, he realized what he has been doing. He wasn't being a good leader in his gang. He is supposed to lead them and encouraged them to never give up. He was supposed to be the one standing in their front, lifting them up. Instead, he crumbled quickly and if not for his friends he wouldn't be able to realized how he had been so wrong and incompetent. How shameful, right?

 

Hades, his uncle Hyun Suk is in the safe house with several men to guard him. He is still unconscious but stable. He hired a private nurse and doctors have been visiting for his check ups. They're monitoring his condition and Jiyong was quite relieve with the progress of Hades' condition.

 

And they want nothing more but to finally see him wakes up.

 

Today, Jiyong has to travel in the city and meet with the new investor from Cambodia. Youngbae is also with him along with the other three—Top, Daesung and Seungri. They all wearing matching black suits worn in different styles. His best friend was holding a silver attaché case where all there documents are kept.

 

There are whispers and awe gazes directly towards them as they entered the hotel lobby, looking badass with the three piece suit, cool shades and not to mention several men in black suits following him in the back as they made an entourage.

 

What he didn't expect is to see Sandara who just came out from the lift. What a coincidence? They haven't seen each other for so long. And he terribly missed her but quickly reminded himself that he has more significant matters to think about. She has no idea what's going on with the gang and she doesn't need to know. Besides, she's no longer part of the gang. As of few months ago, they were strangers now.

 

So when they happen to pass by each other, Jiyong fought all his might to look ahead but her. His eyes focused straight forward and he didn't spare her a single glance and kept his pace. His men followed him and did the same, ignoring the former heiress until they reach the elevator and rode with it towards the penthouse floor.

 

Even when the lift closes, Jiyong has eyes solid with cold stare but deep inside he put a lot of effort to hide what he truly feels.

 

 

***

 

Sandara walks out of the lift with Jiyong's entourage greeted her. Her eyes widen and her heart fastens its beatings. She missed him so much. She hasn't seen him since she left. This is the first time she got a glimpse of him after that night he said goodbye and let her go.

 

She felt a slight pinch in her heart remembering that thought.

 

Her moderate pace continued as she walks right towards him and his entourage unlike the rapid thumping of her heart. She felt different emotions all at once. Excitement, nervousness, and so on. Her hands turned clammy but her gaze never left Jiyong.

 

However, she frowned upon looking at him. He lost some weight and his chubby cheeks sunken and there's an evident ring under his eyes. He was pale as well and his face has grown stubbles. He definitely looks restless.

 

When they finally come across each other, it is as if the world has gone slow motion and they passed at her without saying anything at all nor sparing her a glance.

 

Sandara was frozen and she shivered at the sudden chill. She was rooted on her spot, blinking in confusion. Her heart clenched in pain. But then she remembered her situation. She brought this upon herself so she must endure it.

 

The thought of treating her as someone stranger brought pain to her but she has to accept the reality which she chose in the first place.

 

In some perspective, she was there facing him with her back while he continued to walk away. Funny how the two of them changed so suddenly. She had walk away first from him and now he was doing the same.

 

She glanced back but they already entered the lift. But before it closes, Sandara and Jiyong's eyes met briefly. But it's enough for her to her breath and gasped.

 

His eyes that once glinting with so many raw emotions is now gone. His stare brings chill down her spine. It was so cold and empty. And she almost didn't recognize that he was the owner of those irises.

 

What happened?

 

Jiyong seems morphed into someone else and he became a completely different person. Why does he looked that way? Most of all, he looks solemn. Is it because of her?

 

Her heart throbs in unbelievable pain. Unknowingly, her eyes glazed with tears. She wiped it away and walks through the lobby exit, dragging her feet to leave even though her heart doesn't want to.

 

She sent Ilwoo a message telling him that she will go home instead and made an excuse. She wants to go home and sulk. Ilwoo replied okay and didn't pry anymore.

 

Reaching her Rover, she opens it with her car keys and the click sound can be heard. She quickly entered the driver's seat, speeding off the parking lot.

 

While she hit the highway, driving in full speed, her tears keep falling from her eyes as the memory she shared with him flashes . Bitterness and regret lingered in her mind.

 

Things has change a lot. Now they are walking in the same road but in different direction. They live under the same sky but they are now living in different world—Jiyong has continued taking the dark path while Sandara has found the way out of the darkness and took the lighter road.

 

But did she really?

 

 

 

 

I'm back! Mian eveybody for coming just now. Here and enjoy this update.

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|