AMBUSH

Too Fast To Live, Too Young To Die

| A M B U S  H |

 

“I’m on my way… hmmm… yeah, yeah… arasso. Neh. Bye,” Sandara hangs up and pocket down her phone as she paces towards her car which was given by Hades as a welcoming gift for her. It was a white 2012 Lexus LFA costing for more than four hundred thousand USD.

 

She entered the luxurious car and starts the ignition. The car revives as she pressed the accelerator hard and speeds away, leaving a trail of smoke.

 

'Boss, the target is already on the move.' A man in black cover alls and dark shades informed the other line as he watched the white posh car zoomed in the highway.

 

'Good. Obliterate the target immediately.'

 

As soon as the man hung up, he entered the car and ordered his companion who is in the sterring wheel and they followed their target.

 

 

|Now Playing: Bang Bang Bang by Bigbang (Made Series A)|

 

Sandara heard her phone ringing and answered it right away. "Hello?"

 

"Yah! We're all here. Where are you now?" It was Bom who called her up and informed her that the meeting is about to start.

 

It is her first meeting with the rest of the gang regarding their business activities. Ever since Hades' announcement, she and Jiyong were being prepared to take over. Not that they needed to since they being trained around the gang's activities since they were kids. But there are still some things they have to study and familiarize especially her.

 

About her engagement with Jiyong, they haven't talk about it yet. And Sandara planned to discuss it with the latter after the meeting.

 

"I'm on way, okay? I'm hitting the highway already," she said and glanced to her side mirror with a frown. Then her eyes turns to slits when she caught the sight on her rearview mirror. "Call you later, Bom." she quickly hangs up without waiting for Bom's answer.

 

She shifted on her seat and once again look at the reflection of the black SUV that is following her. She steps on her gas as she accelerated faster than the speed limit. A sinister smirk marked her lips, watching the car catches up on her. Clearly confirming her suspicion.

 

"Bastards wanted a chase game, huh," she muttered grimly.

 

Her grips on the steering wheel tightens as she hit more than a hundred kph. The s still followed her. Then a man peeks on the passenger side, holding a designated markman rifle. It is obviously aiming at her as the target.

 

Sandara cursed inwardly as she swirved her car to the side abruptly when the shot hit the left tail lights. Good thing the bullet grazed only.

 

More gun shots fired towards her as she tries to avoid it. Her new car had been wreck with slugs. And she cursed loudly knowing full well Hades' reaction once he see the car.

 

She hissed and maneuvers the bullet holes filled car into a drift. The smoke trails along her swirving car. She put the car on automatic as she held out a semi automatic Glock 7 caliber. She pulls out the trigger, aimed at the front glass and it cracked into broken shards.

 

The SUV swirled with the impact. It put into abrupt halt and Sandara shots both left wheels, front and back. Two men alighted from the passenger and driving seat. They both produces a .45 caliber. They shoot her without wasting any second.

 

Sandara ducked from inside the driving seat. Luckily, they missed her and retaliated back. She shot them and hit one of them in the chest. And she steps on the breaks.

 

She crawled in the passenger and made it through the other side. But one of them shoots her. The bullet made it graze her left shoulder.

 

"Argh!" she hissed and momentarily shut her eyes. She grits her teeth together and clenched her jaws. She pressed her injury with her well functioning right hand to keep her bleeding. Sweats prickled on her forehead and neck as she panted.

 

She winced when another shot hit the car. She lied on the ground and peeks under the car. She saw the man's legs pacing closer to her car. The gunshots continued and Sandara is pretty sure that her prized car is already ruined.

 

"Hades will kill me because of this. Aish! Chincha?!" she mumbled to herself as she reloaded her gun.

 

She peeks again and the man has gotten closer. An idea hit her. She chuckled to herself as she bit her lower lip. She aimed her gun in the ground and pulls the trigger. She heard him whimper. She smirked and shoots his other leg.

 

The man drops to the ground with a whimper. Blood profusely trickles.

 

Sandara stood up with a hissed. She look at her bleeding left shoulder and lets out an irritated curse. Her white coat stained with red blood, making her annoyed even more.

 

Clutching her left shoulder she rounded to the other side. She hovered over the whimpering man.

 

"Who are you?" she asked darkly and aims the gun right to his temple.

 

The man only grunted.

 

"I said, who are you?!" she repeated and pressed her gun to him.

 

The man only smirked. "Boss will go after you. You will be dead soon!"

 

Sandara frowned.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

The man didn't answer and gave her a taunting look.

 

She glared back. "Whoever the fck boss you were talking about, tell this to him." She crouched down and whispers darkly. "Try and get me. I'll be waiting."

 

She stood up and before she turns around to leave, she kicked him across the face.

 

***

 

At Double Dragons HQ, the prominient gang members gather inside the conferrence room, waiting for Hare to arrived for their first formal meeting with her as the next leader along with Jiyong. Hades is not present due to some personal matters and just let the engage couple handle everything. Besides, they are about to take over, aren't they?

 

Jiyong is seating at the head of the conference table with another vacant seat to his side intended for Sandara. His elbows rested on the arm chair with his fingers intertwined together in front of him. He clicked his tongue upon seeing the time on his wrist watch.

 

Sandara is thirty minutes late already!

 

He roamed his eyes around and looked at the impatient look upon their members' faces. And his eyes met Bom's worried glances while trying to contact someone, probably Sandara.

 

He lets out a sigh and was about to cancel the meeting when the door opened. And a series of gasp filled the room when Sandara bursts through the door.

 

Jiyong stood up unconsciously as Sandara paces inside straight away.

 

"San—"

 

Sandara quickly cut him off and speaks.

 

"I'm sorry I was late. Has the meeting began already?" she said as she made it to his side.

 

"What happened to you?!" he asked with a frown seeing her disarray look. His eyes landed to her shoulders which she had been clutching ever since she entered. He gasped again and without hesitation, Jiyong removed her hand on her shoulder and opened her now black coat. "You're bleeding!"

 

He exclaimed as panic rises through his body. He quickly let her seat on his chair and check her wound. Blood prickled to it as Sandara whimpers in pain.

 

"Dammit! Bom!" he called out for Bom who is their resident doctor.

 

Bom quickly aided to them as everyone in the room got panic seeing their new leader bleeding.

 

"Sandara! Oh my God! What happened to you? It looks like a graze wound. Where did you get this?" Bom asked as she checked her injury.

 

Jiyong watched as Sandara winced to the pain and clenched her knuckles. Though, she tried to answer Bom. He can only imagine what she must be feeling right now. Worry and a bit of anger and anxiousness filled him.

 

"Some bastards ambushed me while I was on my way here. They were following my car. And it was just after your last call that I only noticed. I had to handle them alone but one slug made it through. My car is a wreck also. Hades will be so angry if he finds out about it," she tried to chuckle but her bleeding wound made her grunt instead.

 

"What?! You were being attack that time and you dared hung up on me?! Why didn't you tell me so I could tell them and sends you a back up? Aish! Look what happened? You almost die!" Bom said while checking her other body parts for more injuries.

 

"Mianhe. I didn't thought of it actually," she said sheepishly as she sweats profusely.

 

"Aish! Chincha?! You're so dumb, Sandara Park. Hold on for a while. I'll call Hayi or Soohyun to get my things. Or should we send you down in the infirmary instead?" she asked and about to dial on her phone.

 

"Ani. I can handle it. Let's proceed to the meeting. I already used up your time for being late," Sandara refused.

 

"The meeting is already cancel. We'll bring you to infirmary," Jiyong finally spoke up. His voice is thick and reprimanding. And every single soul in the room knew the meaning of that tone.

 

Sandara looked up to him but he remained his expression grim. He watched her lets out a sigh and nods in defeat.

 

"Arasso," she muttered.

 

"Good. Bom-noona, please prepare your clinic. I'll bring her to you," he ordered as Bom nods in response and proceed to go out immediately. Then, he faced the other occupants. "Let's reschedule this meeting the day after tomorrow. Teddy-hyung, can you investigate this incident? Find out who the fck ambush Sandara. Include it to the next meeting."

 

"Sure. We'll find out who is responsible for this mess, G-Dragon and report it to you," Teddy said.

 

Jiyong nodded. "Thank you. This meeting is adjourned. You can go back to your posts. Thank you for coming everyone."

 

The people leave not without regarding Sandara and tell her to get well. Jiyong waited for the last person left the room before turning to Sandara.

 

"Let's go," he said and put his arm at the back of her knees and the other arm around her back.

 

"OMO?!" she shrieked in surprise. "Jiyong! Put me down!"

 

However, Jiyong lifted her up as her shrieks had fallen deaf ears.

 

"Don't move!" he hisses back.

 

"Put me down!" she said once again.

 

"You're bleeding, Sandara! Just let me carry you!" he shots back and started his pace.

 

"B-But—I'm heavy! And I can still walk! It's just a graze in the shoulder, Jiyong. Can you just please put me down?" she pleaded awkwardly.

 

"Even so! And you're not that heavy. You're still a light weight. Just like befor—" his words halted as he stiffen upon mentioning their past. When he used to carry her on his back or on his shoulder just because she was a very tiny girl.

 

He can feel her stilled as well as she stops from squirming. An awkward tension builds between them as he carried her towards the infirmary. He chose to look away instead somberly.

 

"You still remember those time..." He heard her mumbled as she circled her arm on his nape, her other left arm limps to the side.

 

Jiyong didn't answer. There's a quite pinch on his heart. He knew even Sandara say it, their past is an awkward topic for them. Especially now that they were engage which she strongly refused the moment she heard it and they haven't made up or talk after that unexpected announcement by Hades.

 

And admittedly, it still pains him to know that Sandara is unwilling now to marry him.

 

"Those were hard to forget. It was part of me," he said as he focused his gaze in front impassively.

 

 

"Hmm... I'm honestly glad to know that I held a part of you. I just hope it remained that way even we're away to each other. I hope for you to remember me still even if I am gone," she mumbled the last part which Jiyong didn't catch.

 

"It always be. You were a big part of me," he said as they entered the elevator. And even up until now. You're my life line, Sandara, he thought to himself.

 

His heart clenches when he cannot put the words that he wanted to say to her in his mouth. Not because he couldn't but because he felt like he isn't allowed to.

 

He can feel it. That barrier, the silent distance that separates them with each other. At the back of his mind, he knew that Sandara is slowly drifting away from him. But he just always to refuse to believe it.

 

He wants to hold on to the hope and faith that somehow those memories and promises in the past are still there. He wants to keep on hoping that there still a chance for them.

 

Because honestly, he is still madly in love with her as if it was the first time.

 

And he just truly hope that she still feel the same way.

 

***

 

"There you go! Just be careful with your movements for now to avoid pressuring the wound so it won't cause another bleeding. Also, always take your antibiotics that I prescibed. Don't worry I'll check it from time to time and clean it up," Bom said after she finished putting bandages on her wound.

 

"Yes, doc!" she smiled to Bom gratefully. "Thank you, Bommie!"

 

"Aigoo! That's not a problem. It's my job."

 

"You're a great doctor now. I'm glad I have you as my friend."

 

"Hmp! You're just saying that because I save you from bleeding to death."

 

"Neh. But I'd like to believe that you were just afraid of Jiyong," she teased.

 

"Oh my God. If only you knew how scary that kid is!" Bom rolls her eyes playfully. "He was so serious earlier and he's using that impassive tone too. I don't know what he'll do to me if I didn't comply," she added with a feign scared expression.

 

Sandara chuckled as she remembered Jiyong from earlier. And she felt that sting in her heart remembering their little conversation on the way to Bom. Her laughter faded and replaced by a faint smile.

 

"He is really worried for you even though he sounded very commanding earlier. And I could understand it. Seeing you in total mess and bleeding, it was really worrisome. He must felt terrified hearing you were ambushed," Bom said while fixing her medical tools. After that, she joined her on the bed, seating at the edge. "The gang is in the middle of a battle to an unknown enemy. And Jiyong is not stupid what was happening. Those consistent attacks, the direct assault to our operations and those street gangs being fed with lies to obliterate us—we knew, G-Dragon knew it especially, someone is after our gang. You're ambush proves to be the confirmation of our assumption. It is terrifying. I mean who the hell is this stupid jackass wanted to wipe us?! What does they want really?!"

 

Sandara thought of what her attacker said. Definitely, someone is against their gang and wanted them killed. But who?

 

"I wonder what Jiyong will do after this?" Bom said, cutting her wandering mind. She lets out a chuckle and gave her a simple glance as she shook her head. "He's going to be nuts, for sure. I just hope these motherfckers know how to hide because once G-Dragon is unleashed," she clicked her tongue before continuing. "All hell break loose but nobody will leave breathing right after. It will flood blood." Bom shivers in dread.

 

She frowns. This is the second time she heard about G-Dragon, Jiyong's alter ego. First Hyo Rin mentioned about mass murder cause by him alone, and now, Bom is pretty much telling the same. Is that really...terrifying?

 

Knock-Knock

 

Someone knock on the door, interrupting their conversation. Bom stood up and answered it, only to find Jiyong in the threshold. The former smiled and open the door widely and let him in.

 

"Come in, Jiyong-ah," she said.

 

Jiyong returned her smile as he walks inside. "Thanks noona." He turns to her after rather awkwardly. "How is she?" he once again turns to Bom.

 

"Oh, she's good to go. The wound isn't that deep. Fortunately, the graze only touched the first layer of her skin. She has to take medicine though to heal it faster. I told her what to do. I'm sure she'll comply to my prescription, right Dara?" Bom winked at her, obviously teasing them together.

 

"Arasso. You did great, noona," he remarked as he looked at her. "I need to talk to you, Sandara. Do you mind?"

 

Sandara is surprised a bit but nodded anyway. "I don't. It's fine, I guess."

 

Bom clears , catching their attention. "I better go then. It seems you'll discuss something serious. I'll leave you two love birds alone. Ciao!"

 

She left them and shut the door behind to give them privacy. Sandara waited for Jiyong to speak with anticipation. She watched him pulls a chair and sat on it while he looks at her.

 

"I want to know everything that happened when they ambushed you. Every detail, okay? You will not leave anything," he began and stared at her with his brooding eyes. He looks serious and his impassive tone made her shudder a little.

 

"Where do you want me to start?" she mumbled, fidgetting on the bed.

 

"From the very beginning," he answered.

 

She nodded and start retelling him everything that happened from the moment she left the compound and Bom's call to the last part when she encountered the ambush. She saw several emotions passed by Jiyong's orbs and how he clenched and unclenched his fists that were curled on his thighs. His body stiffens at every details of how she was attack.

 

"He really said that?" he asked gravely almost a whisper after she finished with her side story.

 

She nodded. "It was planned all along. Everything is just connected like Bom said. Do you have any idea who are behind this chaos?"

 

Jiyong didn't answer as he continued to contemplate everything she said.

 

"Did you remember the man's features?" he asked without answering hers.

 

"Neh. They're wearing the same cover alls and dark shades. But when I was able to take them down, the last man left whom I able to speak with has a mole on his lower right eye. He has high nose, thick mouth with an obvious vertical scar down his chin and he is tall and tan. I saw a tattoo mark on his knuckles as well."

 

"Tattoo? What does it look like?" He furrowed his brows together, waiting for her answer.

 

"I guess, it looks like a letter L on caps lock. Though, it forms like a tail or something," she said.

 

Sandara watched as Jiyong features changed into a grim one. And he knew he had something in mind.

 

"What is it?"

 

He looked at her with clipped lips. She saw hesitation in his eyes but then he sighs in defeat.

 

"I have a hunch that it was the Legion Tail who attacked you. The tattoo is their insignia."

 

Sandara frowns. Every gang in the country has tattoo as their insignia. Double Dragons have one as well. Marked on their upper arm near the shoulder is two dragons circling around each other. She had one too as well as Jiyong and the rest of the Ssang Yong Pa.

 

"Legion Tail is a local mob here in Gwangju. Among other small peers here, they seemed to be on higher level. But not much to reach us. They're operations are all involves with illegal drugs such as , , and some newly formulated drugs using amphitamine as main ingredient. They would mix it to other drugs in the market to make a cheaper one. They also began expanding to other activities involving child trafficking, ion and swindling. Their leader is Blade—an arrogant, airheaded piece of ," he informed her as his features darkens.

 

"And now they are after us as well? Are they the one feeding lies those previous gangs attacking us?" she inquired.

 

Jiyong sighs once again. "I am not sure if they have that power here. Double Dragons remained at the top until now. And I doubt if any gang will surpass what our founders established. We were not listed as the third known gang in the country for nothing."

 

"Have you ask Appa about it?"

 

"Neh. But Hades doesn't want to waste time with this low life hooligans. He said our gang has four walls made of cement, bulb wires and electric shock to be destroyed and touched by them. Uncle's belief in our authority stands firm. Ssang Yong Pa rules."

 

Sandara smiled to that. "Well, it only figures since this gang is his life."

 

"We all are. We were born and will die as a Double Dragons. There is no way out," he shrugs nonchalantly.

 

She stilled and just stared at him. His last phrase hit her hard. His whole statement rather.

 

Sandara clears and composed herself.

 

"So what's the plan?" she asked.

 

Jiyong looked at her. His stare is hard and full of conviction. And Sandara felt nervous by just staring back at him. Something tells her that he was about to drop a bomb and she'll be the only casuality.

 

"We will get married as soon as possible, Sandara."

 

 

There's so much going right now so to cheer everyone up esp. Blackjacks, here's an update.

Hope you enjoy and find your smile. It's not the end yet. As long as 2NE1 is happy (together or not) we should support them the same. Nolza!

xxx,

bonapaix

 

disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. I do not wish to offend any culture or flount any norm in writing this story. Please reminded that it was made out of the author's imagination. Do not repost on other site. Do Not plagiarize any work you do not own. Similar work is not meant to be copied.

|info source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kkangpae|